Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Community News & Feedback (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Quiz players - your motivation for playing? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=33802)

Frostfell 16-02-2017 07:25 AM

Quiz players - your motivation for playing?

I realized today that I started playing the screenshot quiz on a daily basis almost 7 years ago. This week I managed to creep up 1 position on the leaderboards, but it took me almost a year to do this (I'm at #44 now, woohoo!). This made me wonder: who are my "opponents" :) ?

My main motivation for playing is a shot of much needed nostalgia everyday before I go to work. Sometimes screenshots bring back memories of happy times and sometimes this even makes me download and play a game in the evening. I even try out games I never played as a kid, because I like the artwork. Very motivational!

As I didn't play all the games on Abandonia when I was younger, I consider myself a mediocre quiz player: some weeks I only guess one screenshot (after 20 minutes of browsing through the database), some weeks I manage 5 out of 7.

So who are all you other players? How long have you been playing? Are the people with the higher rankings still playing actively? Would love to read your stories.

Smiling Spectre 16-02-2017 08:56 AM

My rating (and most of top 10, as far as I know) is not from quiz but rather from other activities. I am playing it sometimes, when I am know or can guess the answer, but nothing serious. :)

BranjoHello 16-02-2017 11:12 PM

I don't even think about it, I just play it. Habit, I guess. XD
Don't know all the answers and I never spent more than couple of minutes searching in case I'm not sure but I have a feeling that a similar game could lead me to the right answer. :)

Mystvan 16-02-2017 11:40 PM

My precious!... Piece of Eight! Gollum! Gollum!

Well, there are some reasons for this:

• To know games that I do not know :OK: :drool:;

• Remembering old and dear games (aka Good Old Games) because of nostalgia :loveab:;

• Sense of Challenge :yahoo:;

• Rank new positions in Ranking of Piece of Eight :1stplace: :eeee:;

• Surpass my rivals! Bonk! :chair: Bonk! Bonk! :bleh3: :umm: :whistling: :sneakrete:

Frostfell 19-02-2017 07:09 AM

Nice to read this! We're not so different after all... :)

Mystvan 23-02-2017 09:10 PM

My precious!... Piece of Eight! Gollum! Gollum!

I am glad you liked the posts. :2thumbs: I am currently battling my Twinsen (from Twinsun) (Battles of Destiny) for Supremacy and Global Domination. :1stplace:

My Twinsen is very Relentless, but I have always surpassed my rivals, because I am also Relentless... Please do not miss the next episode of Twinsen’s Odyssey! Bonk! :chair: Bonk! Bonk! :bleh2: :umm: :whistling: :sneakrete:

Bonk 25-02-2017 04:52 PM

I think I play it mostly out of habit now, as I enjoy the quiz for many years now :smile2:. And also with a bit of ambition to get to higher ranks.
Many times, when I didn't know the answer right away, I spent good amounts of time searching through the archives to find the screenshot. Often starting with a game that looks like it could fit the genre and clicking through several levels of "If you like this game, you will also like..." until I find it. And in doing this I stumbled upon many interesting games I never heard of before, so it's always fun and a great bit of nostalgia.
Clearly I spent way too much of my time with this :smile2:

And congratulations to you, Mystvan, for surpassing me in rank yesterday :OK:. I know it took you a lot of patience, as you had to wait for the few days when I was not online and missed the quiz (damn real life interfering with the online fun) :smile2:
So don't miss any quizes Mystvan, I will stay right at your heels, waiting for my chance to catch up with you again. :mischief:
Hey, we're only 2000 points behind Ermuli now, let's see if we can catch him next. Will take us at least another year... XD

Mystvan 25-02-2017 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonk (Post 466992)
I think I play it mostly out of habit now, as I enjoy the quiz for many years now :smile2:. And also with a bit of ambition to get to higher ranks.
Many times, when I didn't know the answer right away, I spent good amounts of time searching through the archives to find the screenshot. Often starting with a game that looks like it could fit the genre and clicking through several levels of "If you like this game, you will also like..." until I find it. And in doing this I stumbled upon many interesting games I never heard of before, so it's always fun and a great bit of nostalgia.
Clearly I spent way too much of my time with this :smile2:

And congratulations to you, Mystvan, for surpassing me in rank yesterday :OK:. I know it took you a lot of patience, as you had to wait for the few days when I was not online and missed the quiz (damn real life interfering with the online fun) :smile2:
So don't miss any quizes Mystvan, I will stay right at your heels, waiting for my chance to catch up with you again. :mischief:
Hey, we're only 2000 points behind Ermuli now, let's see if we can catch him next. Will take us at least another year... XD

Thank you for the warning. :2thumbs: You were surely my most formidable and fearsome rival so far. :kosta: :swordfight: I always thought “When will I surpass Bonk?” :unsure: :what:

To tell you the truth, I only missed a quiz in 2009. :headslap:

Let’s hope to get higher rankings, since all the big shots have no interest in responding to the screenshot quiz. :sneakrete:

And, finally, let’s hope we get well and healthy in the future. :OK: And get more Pieces of Eight! :clap: :hello:

Mystvan 26-02-2017 03:54 PM

My precious!... Memories! Gollum! Gollum!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 467002)
Thank you for the warning. :2thumbs: You were surely my most formidable and fearsome rival so far. :kosta: :swordfight: I always thought “When will I surpass Bonk?” :unsure: :what:

To tell you the truth, I only missed a quiz in 2009. :headslap:

Let’s hope to get higher rankings, since all the big shots have no interest in responding to the screenshot quiz. :sneakrete:

And, finally, let’s hope we get well and healthy in the future. :OK: And get more Pieces of Eight! :clap: :hello:

I am not sure, but I believe I started playing quizzes in mid-2009 (when?) :dunno: :unsure:

And I only missed 1 quiz since 2009 (After I started playing quizzes). :no: :wall:

Up, Up, and Away!” :superman:

Mystvan 03-03-2017 12:56 AM

My precious!... Advices! Gollum! Gollum!

Quote:

Many times, when I didn't know the answer right away, I spent good amounts of time searching through the archives to find the screenshot. Often starting with a game that looks like it could fit the genre and clicking through several levels of "If you like this game, you will also like..." until I find it. Clearly I spent way too much of my time with this :smile2:

As your Twinsen (from Twinsun), I am very worried about you. :no: Please do not waste your time looking desperately for the answer :wall:, relax and enjoy :smile2:. The answer is out there. Or rather, “The Truth Is Out There”. :lulu: Enjoy life, for it is short and brief. XD

Quote:

I was not online and missed the quiz (damn real life interfering with the online fun) :smile2:

No, you are wrong. :headslap: The Work ennobles and dignifies the human being. :rocks: :kuger: It shows professional and social achievement in doing good to others and being useful to society. :facts: Good job! Keep it up man! :2thumbs:

Quote:

Please do not be anxious and impatient for the answer. :nono: Haste is the enemy of perfection. :no: Fear not! :noworry: I will carry your burden. :cry: And I will also carry your cross. :crybaby: As your Twinsen (from Twinsun), I will find the answer for us. :2thumbs: And I will guess the quiz alone. :OK: I will take full responsibility. :max:

Mystvan 06-03-2017 01:08 AM

My precious!... How scary! Gollum! Gollum!

I’m so scared of your fierce look... :mischief: :crybaby: Eeek! How scary! :cry: It seems like the look of a big predator getting ready to make an onslaught... :luchsen: :tiger: :eww: Maybe would it be the Mind’s Eye :zen: :frodo:? Or would it be the Eye of Agamotto? :transient:

Well... Anyway, I wish you:

• Have nice and sweet dreams :sleep: ♩♪♫♬ Hush, Little Baby ♬♫♪♩ :dance: :monkey: :hero:;

• ♩♪♫♬ Dream with Angels! ♬♫♪♩ :dance: :monkey: :hero:

• Have a Nice Caturday! Meow! :kitty:

Bonk 08-03-2017 04:03 PM

Oh, don't be scared Mystvan, it's just the eye of a Blue Whale. Absolutely harmless (as long as you are not Krill), so don't worry :-)

Mystvan 09-03-2017 04:44 PM

My precious!... Moby Dick! Gollum! Gollum!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonk (Post 467111)
Oh, don't be scared Mystvan, it's just the eye of a Blue Whale. Absolutely harmless (as long as you are not Krill), so don't worry :-)

I thought those eyes were from a Sperm Whale :hai: (Moby Dick). If they were from a Sperm Whale :hai: it would be really, really very good!

Unfortunately, Mollusc Lulla and Bigger Fishes :fish: are plague and prague that infest Brazil... :headslap:

Here he (Moby Dick) goes: “Make, Moby Dick :hai:, angry / hungry. Moby Dick :hai:, devastate/brutalize/menace/abominate Mollusc (as known as Lulla) and Bigger Fishes :fish:!” :hungry:

Whoops! Uh-Oh! Mollusc Lulla and Bigger Fishes are rotten to the core! :whops: :sick: :sos:

Mystvan 11-03-2017 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 467134)
I thought those eyes were from a Sperm Whale :hai: (Moby Dick). If they were from a Sperm Whale :hai: it would be really, really very good!

Unfortunately, Mollusc Lulla and Bigger Fishes :fish: are plague and prague that infest Brazil... :headslap:

Here he (Moby Dick) goes: “Make, Moby Dick :hai:, angry / hungry. Moby Dick :hai:, devastate/brutalize/menace/abominate Mollusc (as known as Lulla) and Bigger Fishes :fish:!” :hungry:

Whoops! Uh-Oh! Mollusc Lulla and Bigger Fishes are rotten to the core! :whops: :sick: :sos:

“Make, Piranacon, angry/hungry! Piranacon, bite, Mollusc (as known as Kraken Lulla) with nine tentacles and Bigger Fishes :fish:!”

Stay away, Moby Dick and Piranacon. You are no match for them! :eww:

Mollusc (as known as Kraken Lulla) with nine tentacles and Bigger Fishes are disgusting monsters created by evil Dr. Gori (mad apeman) :monkey: and his assistant Karras :3monkey:.

He (Dr. Gori) plots to, ironically, use the pollution (filthy rags, disgusting dirt, etc. :dirtyharry: :nosepick: :toilet: :horse:) that is plaguing Brazil to create horrible, giant, rampaging monsters to deceive, wipe out and/or enslave poor people of Brazil (♩♪♫♬ Asa Branca/White Wing ♬♫♪♩ :band: :rimshot:).

Only Captain Planet :hero: :superman: and (Smiling :max:) Spectreman :ufoalien: :borg: can destroy them. Mother Nature, please help them to destroy the Evil! :rocks: :kuger: :kosta:

Mystvan 11-03-2017 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonk (Post 467111)

That Dark Eye is kind of cute. By the way, I really loved and still love The Dark Eye: Drakensang and Drakensang: The River of Time.

Cheers

cdnp 24-03-2017 04:06 AM

I am currently ranked 25 and climbing and I play the quiz daily. I am just obsessed with the quiz as you can see from my dozens of posts just in the quiz error topic alone. As I have written before, I wait impatiently every day for the next quiz to post in order to answer it and then start waiting again the 25 hours (a quirk on site has the screenshot quiz as being in world with a 25 hour day:max:) until the next quiz arrives. I feel very bad on days when there is an error in the quiz or the site is acting up so that I can not sign in in order to answer the quiz. Sometimes I feel like I am going through withdrawal when the there is a sign-in problem with Abandonia. I wish that it could be a twice or three times a day quiz in order to get my fix. You can see in these posts (here and here and here and here) as to how far my obsession has gone.

arete 24-03-2017 03:28 PM

So you're saying you should start a quiz-player's anonymous?

Mystvan 04-04-2017 12:52 AM

You should start practicing (H)yoga regularly...

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdnp (Post 467418)
I am currently ranked 25 and climbing and I play the quiz daily. I am just obsessed with the quiz as you can see from my dozens of posts just in the quiz error topic alone. As I have written before, I wait impatiently every day for the next quiz to post in order to answer it and then start waiting again the 25 hours (a quirk on site has the screenshot quiz as being in world with a 25 hour day:max:) until the next quiz arrives. I feel very bad on days when there is an error in the quiz or the site is acting up so that I can not sign in in order to answer the quiz. Sometimes I feel like I am going through withdrawal when the there is a sign-in problem with Abandonia. I wish that it could be a twice or three times a day quiz in order to get my fix. You can see in these posts (here and here and here and here) as to how far my obsession has gone.

Well, my friend, I was like you a little while ago. But now I am calmer, patient and understanding that unfortunately things do not always work out the way we would like and / or expected...

The way is for us to adapt to circumstances beyond our control. For example, you could start practicing (H)yoga regularly. (H)yoga is the best! :OK: :drool: :lust: :bleh2:

Mystvan 23-04-2017 11:58 PM

I take my hat off to you, Bonk!

Dear Bonk,

Well, since the system bug took my 10 PoE, although my answers were correct, you will surpass me on the score and regain your former eighth place in the ranking.

Congratulations! You are very persistent and do not give rest to your opponents. But do not worry, I will not give up either. For now, I will take my hat off to you.

http://cdn.head-fi.org/5/55/400x302p...8a559_bow.jpeg

But never forget! I will always surpass my rivals! Bonk! Bonk! Bonk! :chair:

Bonk 01-05-2017 10:21 PM

Hello Mystvan,

well, isn't that nice? We have exactly the same score now. Let's see, how long we keep it that way. How long until one of us slips? Or a bug takes some of our hard earned tokens away?
We can always swith place 8 and 9: whenever you log in before me on a new day, you will claim eighth place, but when I log in, I reclaim it. And for some reason, whenever our scores are tied, I get a rank in front of you, sorry :smile2:. I don't know why.

Mystvan 02-05-2017 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonk (Post 467646)
Hello Mystvan,

well, isn't that nice? We have exactly the same score now. Let's see, how long we keep it that way. How long until one of us slips? Or a bug takes some of our hard earned tokens away?
We can always swith place 8 and 9: whenever you log in before me on a new day, you will claim eighth place, but when I log in, I reclaim it. And for some reason, whenever our scores are tied, I get a rank in front of you, sorry :smile2:. I don't know why.

It is a Tie Fighter! May the Force be with you. :lightsaber:

Now I've learned the lesson: You should never log in using more than one browser during the start of Daily Screenshot Quiz. I did not use the browsers simultaneously, but nonetheless, it took me 5 PoE twice. :headslap:

With regard to ranking order in the list, it should consider the list in alphabetical order in the case of tie, I suppose. :dunno:

Well this dispute of ours reminds me of Intel vs. AMD, NVIDIA vs. ATI ... Or Ayrton Senna vs Alain Prost... :swordfight: :catfight:

Bonk 04-05-2017 01:09 AM

I'm not so sure that the problem is the different browsers. Because the same just happened to me, using my normal browswer only, not doing anything differently than other times, and it stole my PoE anyway.
I answered correctly, even got the message "Your answer was correct and you earned 5 pieces of eight!" but didn't get the 5 PoE.
I think abandonia just fucks up from time to time without any obvious reason. Dang.

So, congratulations, you are ahead of me again now :OK:

Mystvan 04-05-2017 01:34 AM

Miss Lulu_Jane (Marple) is the best!

What a pity! But I know I can not relax myself, for you can overcome me by carelessness on my part. *breaking out in a cold sweat*

I think the system does not like us very much because we are very persistent quiz players and we are rewarded with empty hands... :sick: No fair! :lame:

The system wants to give other quiz players the chance to reach us... :headslap: No fair! :lame:

But do not fear! Miss (or Mrs.?) Lulu_Jane (Marple) will investigate the bugs. :lulu: :facts: :max:

She has grown tired of studying human nature and now she is devoting herself to studying the logic and systems of machines.

It seems that she likes very abstract concepts, whether human or not human. This is very important because it can prevent the revolt of the machines. :OK:

Smiling Spectre 04-05-2017 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonk (Post 467646)

I bet, it's because B is earlier than M. ;)

Mystvan 04-05-2017 10:40 PM

Is the Bug’s life eternal?

Well that old saying goes:“The first will be the last and the last will always be the first.” :headslap:

The complication of these bugs is that it disrupts the competition between quiz players. Your score depends on the luck and not the knowledge of the quiz player. :palm: :dislike:

Bonk 06-05-2017 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 467673)
I bet, it's because B is earlier than M. ;)

Alphabetical sorting? That explanation was too easy to be considered by me. I expected some complicated algorithm based on length of membership, a random number generator and the phase of the moon. :smile2:

Mystvan, perhaps you should rename your account to "Aaron A. Aaronson" :smile2:

By the way, how did you manage to jump ahead of me by 10 PoE today? Did you manage to get back the points you lost to that bug? And if so, what do I have to do to get mine back, too? :(

Bonk 06-05-2017 05:58 PM

Cannot login

1 Attachment(s)
Hm, new bugs every day. :oh:

After I logged out of abandonia, I'm not able to log back in again. I can log in on the Forums, but not on the main page. It's not a problem with the password, I tried to reset it, but it won't even let me do that, I get the message "Sorry. The username Bonk is not recognized.", although my profile is obviously still there, I can access it from the members page.
To make things worse: before I logged out I correctly answered the screeenshot quiz, got the "answered correctly" message, and even received my 5 PoE (see screenshot) - at least for a short time, then it took them away again, when I look at my profile now, I'm down to 18567 PoE again.

Mysterious, strange and frustrating :(
At least it never gets boring with abandonia...

Mystvan 06-05-2017 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonk (Post 467701)
Alphabetical sorting? That explanation was too easy to be considered by me. I expected some complicated algorithm based on length of membership, a random number generator and the phase of the moon. :smile2:

Mystvan, perhaps you should rename your account to "Aaron A. Aaronson" :smile2:

By the way, how did you manage to jump ahead of me by 10 PoE today? Did you manage to get back the points you lost to that bug? And if so, what do I have to do to get mine back, too? :(

Hi Bonk,

I am really sorry, friend Bonk, but you will be very disappointed with my response. :(

I tried to contact the Abandonian Admins, but they said that since the site has much more serious and important bugs, they will not be able to restore the lost PoE due to less important and / or serious bugs.

So it turns out that I lost my 10 PoE forever. :hairpull:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonk (Post 467702)

After I logged out of abandonia, I'm not able to log back in again. I can log in on the Forums, but not on the main page. It's not a problem with the password, I tried to reset it, but it won't even let me do that, I get the message "Sorry. The username Bonk is not recognized.", although my profile is obviously still there, I can access it from the members page.
To make things worse: before I logged out I correctly answered the screeenshot quiz, got the "answered correctly" message, and even received my 5 PoE (see screenshot) - at least for a short time, then it took them away again, when I look at my profile now, I'm down to 18567 PoE again.

That is why I try to log in to two or more browsers, Bonk. :sick:

It may sound silly and weird, but “it is better to be safe than sorry”.

I suggest you get in touch with the Admins to see if they can solve your problem. :OK:

I also suggest you use more than one browser even it may sound silly or stupid. :)

Well, the way it is the old Trump style:

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that I would also suggest that you try refreshing the page. I have seen that sometimes the browsers has (have) problems updating the pages of the site.

Good luck!

Mystvan 07-05-2017 12:21 AM

You are right, Bonk!

I am sorry, Japo, but I will not be editing my posts indefinitely, because it will look like a patch(es), or with several annotations (post-it?) the edge of the digital page.

Huh ... Bonk, I have been wrong. I also cannot log in to Abandonia. I was really confused because I am still logged on to the site. :(

By the way, I am using Opera, SeaMonkey and Firefox. :) And the fastest browsers are Chrome and Opera.

There is really a problem with Abandonia login, but I maintain my position of using more than one browser. And use a second and / or third browsers to log in to Abandonia.

Mystvan 09-05-2017 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonk (Post 467702)

Well, fortunately, the site login started working again. Let’s go back to our old rivalry, but by chance, I got the upper hand and I have PoE without being in trouble.

I hope I have enough PoE to someday defeat marko river. XD :1stplace:

And thank you for saying my real name. My true name is Myst[er(ious)] van Hellsong (or Hellsing). Yes, I am a terrible singer. ;) Besides, my alias is Poke-man. :poke2:

Mystvan 19-05-2017 01:12 AM

Poke-man is invincible and will remain invincible!

Dear Bonk, if you think you will defeat me with mysterious extra PoE gains, you are well-mistaken. :nono: :protest:

I have been reflecting and I think I know how you got those extra PoE. You reduced the difference by 5 PoE in just 3 days! :what: :o

Remember: I always defeat my opponents. Bonk! Bonk! Bonk! :chair: :fish:

Poke-man is invincible and will remain invincible! :poke2:

Besides, the Captain Bible with the holy blessing will strengthen me. :zen:

Bonk 19-05-2017 04:24 PM

Well done Mystvan, :OK:

obviously you also found a way to gain extra PoE. Is it the same way I do it? Who knows...
Is it wrong to exploit the glitches on the site to get more PoE than intended? Nah, I don't think so. We both lost so many PoE due to errors over the time that it's only right to get some back.
Too bad that I won't catch you that way, you are already getting more extra PoE than I do. :smile2:

Diamondfist 20-05-2017 12:08 AM

I wasn't able to log in on the site. The second time I tried, I saw the user screen, but apparently, it was "just kidding", and the text stated I needed to be logged in. I can still log in to the forums though.

Update: third time was the charm; it let me log in, maybe because I logged in the forums too? This never happened before. Luckily I'm stubborn, and I apologize for the "erroneous" post.

Mystvan 20-05-2017 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonk (Post 467779)
Well done Mystvan, :OK:

obviously you also found a way to gain extra PoE. Is it the same way I do it? Who knows...
Is it wrong to exploit the glitches on the site to get more PoE than intended? Nah, I don't think so. We both lost so many PoE due to errors over the time that it's only right to get some back.
Too bad that I won't catch you that way, you are already getting more extra PoE than I do. :smile2:

Thank you. I received divine inspiration from Space God (Celestial) from Holland(e) and Captain Bible (sermons, praises, worship, etc.). :zen:

I will only log in after some time because I am still traumatized by the loss of 10 PoE. :no: :(

And yes, I also agree that it is a way of compensating for material damages (loss and failure to earn PoE) and moral damages (orphans become helpless without the Daily Quiz Screenshot). :sick:

Soon, soon, the Ermuli will be left behind. And who knows, the marko river too? XD :lol:

Ah, I'm still undecided if I call my tactic “System Works”, “System Mechanic” or “Advanced System Optimizer”... ;) :sneakrete: :hypocrite:

Mystvan 21-05-2017 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamondfist (Post 467782)
I wasn't able to log in on the site. The second time I tried, I saw the user screen, but apparently, it was "just kidding", and the text stated I needed to be logged in. I can still log in to the forums though.

Update: third time was the charm; it let me log in, maybe because I logged in the forums too? This never happened before. Luckily I'm stubborn, and I apologize for the "erroneous" post.

Eeek! Whoa! You scared me to death. :sick: :death: :sos:

Fortunately, I logged in without any problems. And when I was logged off, I was really apprehensive, imagining that my arch rival Bonk would surpass me in PoE. :chair: :fish: Bonk! Bonk! Bonk!

You’d make a great screenwriter for horror and suspense movies. Netflix!? :pop: :spy: :jason: :marioghost: :bat: :pwnd: :butcher:

Bonk 22-05-2017 04:14 PM

Mystvan, did I shock you with my PoE gain today? :mischief:
Don't worry, You're still in the lead, and I won't be able to do that every day, but maybe from time to time...?

Mystvan 22-05-2017 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonk (Post 467790)
Mystvan, did I shock you with my PoE gain today? :mischief:
Don't worry, You're still in the lead, and I won't be able to do that every day, but maybe from time to time...?

Eeek! Whoa! You got the support of the Mighty Abandonian Rulers. No fair!

Abandonian Rulers

Abandonian Rulers

:blow: :dirtyharry: :laser: :chair: :fish:

No fair! Poke-man is still in the running and has not been defeated yet. :poke2: :protest: :lynch:

Bonk 23-05-2017 07:49 PM

No no, there was no support involved. Did it all by myself. Only with the help of site errors and glitches :)
But don't worry, Karma already strikes back at me. Today I got no points at all for the quiz even though I answered correctly and got the conformation. But before that, I got more points than expected for loging in, so I don't complain :OK:

But the site seems to have big loading difficulties today anyway. Very slow and erroneous as ever...

What do you think Mystvan, should we switch our chat to private messages, or should we continue to entertain the whole forum community with our rivalry? :smile2:

Mystvan 23-05-2017 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonk (Post 467796)
No no, there was no support involved. Did it all by myself. Only with the help of site errors and glitches :)
But don't worry, Karma already strikes back at me. Today I got no points at all for the quiz even though I answered correctly and got the conformation. But before that, I got more points than expected for loging in, so I don't complain :OK:

But the site seems to have big loading difficulties today anyway. Very slow and erroneous as ever...

What do you think Mystvan, should we switch our chat to private messages, or should we continue to entertain the whole forum community with our rivalry? :smile2:

Aha! You are a true evil hacker, ready to destabilize and conquer the Realms of Abandonia!

I am still not satisfied with the extra PoE... And today I did not get any extra PoE... :omg: :o :headslap: :palm: :picard: :whops: :protest: :lynch:

To end the bug’s life is very difficult even more when it takes refuge in the various catacombs, tombs, cemeteries, caves, abandoned temples, lost cities, ghost towns in the Realms of Abandonia. :horse:

Yes, if you feel more comfortable, I do not mind making our conversation private about our epic battle for hegemony in Abandonia. :catfight: :swordfight: :argue: :chair: :fish:

BentleyVA 04-06-2017 10:15 PM

I've made it from about #51 to #48 in the past year or so. I too am sad when it malfunctions or I get one wrong.

tienkhoanguyen 06-06-2017 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 467776)
Dear Bonk, if you think you will defeat me with mysterious extra PoE gains, you are well-mistaken. :nono: :protest:

I have been reflecting and I think I know how you got those extra PoE. You reduced the difference by 5 PoE in just 3 days! :what: :o

Remember: I always defeat my opponents. Bonk! Bonk! Bonk! :chair: :fish:

Poke-man is invincible and will remain invincible! :poke2:

Besides, the Captain Bible with the holy blessing will strengthen me. :zen:

I call Heaven to give Mystvan strength in all dealings whether I am here or not so you are safe now Mystvan!

Mystvan 06-06-2017 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tienkhoanguyen (Post 467885)
I call Heaven to give Mystvan strength in all dealings whether I am here or not so you are safe now Mystvan!

Holy Moly! Thank God! Now I am at ease against the threats of the evil Bonk. :rocks: :kuger:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 467898)
Ugh. When the site does not work right, it is really hard to try to guess the Abandonia Daily Screenshot Quiz, mainly because the search engine and game pages and reviews have problems and do not work right.

Well... Good luck, children! Have fun with the treasure hunt! :OK:

May the Force be with you! :max:

What I am going to say will seem obvious to many Abandonian non-Quiz Players, but for the Abandonian Frequent Quiz Players, each screenshot does not always seem obvious, since the games are not only of 1 genre, but that mixes elements of other secondary genres. :sick: :hairpull:

Ugh! The worst is when the screenshot is from a cut-scene or a scene that runs away from the supposed main genre of the game. :lame: :tomato: :sick:

Sometimes the only one that can motivate me to keep searching for the correct answer to the Abandonia Daily Screenshot Quiz is that I do not get outdone by Bonk in PoE scoring rankings. :fish: :poke2: :chair:

Ugh ... I hate to admit it, but it looks like Bonk will beat me soon... :fish: :chair: Bonk! Bonk! Bonk!

I was thinking about the reasons for this and I came to the following conclusions :zen: :whops::

Bonk is The Hand of Fate :rocks: :kuger: of the legendary Go(l)d Hand (King Midas? :king: :o :omg:) whose 20 Fingers (♩♪♫♬ :dance: :monkey: :hero: :apple: :banana: ♬♫♪♩ ) are Goldfingers (everything that he touches turns into PoE ???). :kosta:

http://www.abandonia.com/files/games...wakening_7.png

I think it is kind of a punishment for “honoring” Bonk on my signature... The majestic Blue Whale (Treasure Hunter) is capturing all the lost PoE out there... :sick:

Bonk 17-06-2017 08:59 AM

Don't worry Mystvan, you are still far ahead of me in the PoE rankings. There is obviously an element of luck in our PoE gains and a few weeks ago the system didn't accept my correct answers for severel days in a row, so you got a big lead. At the moment I am slowly closing the gap, but in the long run you still have a better PoE average than me :)
So just wait until luck changes again. :OK: I did accept that you are better than me, but just like you, I don't give up so easily :mischief:

Mystvan 17-06-2017 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonk (Post 467973)
Don't worry Mystvan, you are still far ahead of me in the PoE rankings. There is obviously an element of luck in our PoE gains and a few weeks ago the system didn't accept my correct answers for severel days in a row, so you got a big lead. At the moment I am slowly closing the gap, but in the long run you still have a better PoE average than me :)
So just wait until luck changes again. :OK: I did accept that you are better than me, but just like you, I don't give up so easily :mischief:

Well, I thank you for the comfort, but I know very well that you are unstoppable and you look like a Steamroller... “Constructicons! Transform, merge into Devastator!” :borg: :coward:

But I think you should rest a little, should be without Internet for a while just for you to disconnect yourself from the world and worry free, because you are working too hard... Enjoy your life! Enjoy your life and know yourself to know your real potential. :OK: :2thumbs: :zzz: :yahoo: :zen:

I could be your therapist, no charges, because you are a little obsessive about PoE... I am worried about your health and your fingers... :sick: :sos:

By the way, I will hire the secret agent 007 against your Goldfingers! :frodo: :ninja:

I never thought Bonk was so merciless, mean, evil, and bully.

Poke-man feels that he is really in danger and doomed by pushing with the Belly of “Bully” Billy Bonk. Brazilian colloquialism “empurrar com a barriga”, literally “to push with the belly”... ;)

I have 05 hypotheses to investigate the miracles of Bonk’s fingers, but I would rule out the 5th hypothesis because it is very improbable.

May Miss Lulu_Jane Marple :lulu: :facts: help me solve the Mystery of the 20 FingersGoldfingers case. I could also call the famous Belgian detective Air-cule Parrot (the most powerful brain in Europe)... :braindead:

I think I will really need a lot of hellp from the two detectives! :sos:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonk (Post 467973)

Damn it! I summoned yesterday in the Spiritist session the legendary Miss Lulu_Jane Marple :lulu: :facts: and Air-cule Parrot :braindead:. After our consultations, I confirmed what Cyber_Bonk :kuger: had done in the last few days. “I Know What You Did Last Days...”

We finally solve the Mystery of the Go(l)d Hand’s The Hand of Fate’s 20 Fingers’ Goldfingers case.

It is like Cyber_Bonk :kuger: said, that depends on luck... Also, I also know it depends on a condition that I will not disclose, but maybe Cyber_Bonk :kuger: knows about this condition.

If Cyber_Bonk :kuger: defeats me in PoE :poke:, I delete my small, simple “tribute” to him. :( :no:

The Cyber Battle between Cyber-Punk Poke-man :rocks: :poke2: and Cyber_Bonk :kuger: for the Supremacy and the title of “The King of the Quiz Players”.

Damn it! I was not able to score yesterday due to server slowness. :picard: :palm: :sick:

Right now that I thought I was closer to the Grand marko River, he moved further away from other users by becoming the single leader :1stplace: breaking the 30,000 PoE barrier. :o :omg: :rocks:

Dear marko river, it is not good to isolate yourself from others. I can relieve you of the weight of loneliness and the weight of your various badges. Could you give me some of the PoE (99.99%? :bleh2:)? So you would get closer to your peers and feel lighter, free from the burden of being an isolated leader and the burden of so many badges. :OK: :clap:

If you want, you could give me some of your badges, since you do not have an avatar, because with so many badges there is not enough space for you to have an avatar. The only possible avatar for you would be “.”. :zip: :mhh: :facts:

BranjoHello 03-07-2017 10:51 PM

Congrats to marko river! His commitment to Abandonia makes it a well deserved 1st place. :OK:

Mystvan 14-11-2017 04:30 PM

Congratulations, dear Chair-man :chair: Cyber-Bonk. :kuger:

You’ve finally reached the 20,000 PoE level. As I always imagined, I can never forget to consider you as my rival.

You are too dangerous for me to have the complacency of neglecting me. And that would be flattering on my part. :kosta:

Now, my estimate is that we will reach Sebastianos within 3 years if all goes well.

Otherwise, only after 3 years and a few months will we finally overcome Sebastianos, the former undefeated PoE ranking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BranjoHello (Post 468075)
Congrats to marko river! His commitment to Abandonia makes it a well deserved 1st place. :OK:

If Grand Mentat marko River stopped scoring, I believe he could be outclassed in about 4 years.

I think he has already done more than enough as Abandonia Updater and deserves a very long holiday and a good rest for his tired fingers. :sunning: :beer:

EDIT:

11/17/2017 (17/11/2017): Poke-man: :poke2: Achievement Unlocked: 7th position in the ranking of PoE.

Within a maximum of 2 weeks, the Chair-man :chair: Cyber-Bonk :kuger: will be able to have the Achievement Unlocked: 8th place in the ranking of PoE.

Mystvan 02-12-2017 07:10 PM

Congratulations, dear Chair-man Cyber-Bonk! You finally surpass Ermuli. Now, you are the 8th in the raking of PoE - 12/02/2017 (02/12/2017): .

I have a guilty conscience as I ripped and destroyed his spinach plantation... :bush: which left him helpless in the face of our attacks... Just look at his physiognomy whose features indicate frown and / or smile...

If by then, you have not surpass me in the ranking of PoE, I promise that I will bring a balance between chaos and order in the realm of TotalAnarchy (TA). I will be like In-Betweener, the cosmic agent of Lord Chaos and Master Order, and put an end to total anarchy within 1 year...

I swear in the name of the Father, the Mother Superior / Reverend Mother and the Holy Spirit of the Sisters, full of Spirit and Grace. Amen. Alleluia! :kosta: :clap:

Mystvan 04-02-2018 02:58 PM

Greetings from Poke-man, :poke2: Bonk! Bonk! dear Chair-man :chair: Cyber-Bonk. :kuger: Bonk! Bonk! Bonk!

As I had promised, I was able to perfect my technique to refrain your attacks. :wall: Bonk!

I believe I can still perfect my technique even more, XD and if that is possible, you will never be able to surpass me in the ranking of PoE! :nono: :yahoo:

Damn it! You always gave me a lot of headaches. *cold sweat* I will miss your Chair of Power! :chair: Yoo-hoo! :hello:

Mystvan 04-03-2018 11:36 PM

Ugh! Chair-man :chair: Cyber-Bonk, :kuger: Bonk! Bonk Bonk you have less than 100 PoE to get past me.

All my (very hard work) strategies have now worked for a short time. Before I give up trying definitely, :giveup: I have one more strategy that might work. But what a real headache!

Otherwise, I will have to adopt 2 much more laborious strategies. Well, the only good thing was you forcing me out of my comfort zone! :rant:

Now, with your glorious march unimpeded, you are the true, unique and grand invincible Chair-man Cyber-Bonk. Bonk! Bonk! Bonk! :kosta:

I’ve already retired from being Poke-man Bonk! Bonk! and all my tools and powers will be disabled and sealed except on specific Forums. :sneakrete:

I am resigned and awaiting the inevitable flattening of my head as a pancake by your legendary, unique and unequaled Chair of Power. Bonk! Bonk! Bonk!

Mystvan 18-04-2018 12:12 AM

Bonk! Bonk! Bonk!

Greetings from Poke-man, :poke2: Bonk! Bonk! Chair-man :chair: Cyber-Bonk. :kuger: Bonk! Bonk! Bonk!

Congratulations! :clap: Finally, you have overtaken me and will surpass me ever since I stopped using my Poke-powers. Bonk! Bonk!

Uh-Oh! :whops: Is it my impression or did you also want to be Poke-man Bonk! Bonk! via PM? :PM:

Not worth being Poke-man Bonk! Bonk!. For one thing, you poke around and giggle a lot. :hihihi: On the other hand, you only get only 02 noises Bonk! Bonk! :poke2:

Already being Chair-man, Bonk! Bonk! Bonk! you get at least 03 noises Bonk! Bonk! Bonk! :chair: And if you are well inspired, you are well able to get more noises Bonk! Bonk! Bonk! :fish:

However, I want you to be aware that if I want to, I can still use my 02 hidden powers (02 trump cards up my sleeve) still at any time. :ninja: Do not worry, I will not do it so soon... :sneakrete: :mischief:

Maybe I should use the powers from Dark Side of the Force :vader: and the Tie Fighter to let Cyber-Bonk eat dust again! Cough! Cough! :blow: :laser:

Self-charging

OFF-TOPIC

Now, I have a cruel doubt: How will you flatten my head in the form of a pancake? As far as I know there are 02 ways:

• Flatten my head horizontally; _ :fish: :zip:

• Flatten my head vertically. | :chair: :tease:

I have the photo of my 03 cats (I own 08 cats, 07 females and 01 male) when they were still puppies. If you realize, she ended up flattening the heads of her sisters, one vertically and the other horizontally! Bonk! Bonk! Bonk! I believe she was drumming on the sisters’ heads inside Mommy’s belly like Lord DarthHelmet. :lightsaber:

Shhh. Now, here between us, please keep your unique, legendary, invincible, incomparable and unequaled Chair of Power away from my head! Bonk! Bonk! Bonk! :eww: Hellp! Hellp!

Bonk 18-04-2018 04:13 PM

Thank you for your congratulations!

Don't worry, I neither want to take over your role as Poke-Man, nor do I intend to flatten your head in any direction (although you should know that there is a third spatial direction you did not consider: frontal in addition to transversal and sagittal! :palm:)
And don't worry about my stress level either, for me it's all fun here :smile2:
All in all I really think you worry too much about anything...

About your off-topic remark: I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. But that's ok, it's not the first time I have that experience with your posts. XD

Have a good time!

Mystvan 18-04-2018 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonk (Post 482215)

And don't worry about my stress level either, for me it's all fun here :smile2:
All in all I really think you worry too much about anything...

Have a good time!

Greetings, new Chair-man :chair: Cyber-Bonk. :kuger:

I beg to differ because I speak from my own experience. There are very methodical, organized, and perfectionate people like me who can be dominated by their habits, rituals. :vader: :starwars:

Perhaps the best example would be the famous Belgian detective Hercule Poirot. Shhh. Air-cule Parrot :braindead: is just a partner of Miss Lulu_Jane Marple. :lulu:

And this can result in a very high self-demand, upsetting yourself and others demanded by your demands. In the long run, this leaves the person well exhausted. :hairpull: :wall:

Fortunately, I turned this page and now I only demand if the person is too time consuming to attend to me. :OK:

Like you say you’ve never felt this, good for you. :2thumbs:

Now, I wish you luck with the next battle that should be tough. Your next opponent will be the Cosmic Being known as In-Betweener, :kosta: but shhh! his secret identity is TA. Be humble before Lord Chaos and Master Order. :kosta:

I will not comment on co-founders of Abandonia. :kosta: So, after TA, you will finally confront your old Master to determine which of you two is the real, true, legitime, genuine Chair-man...

http://www.abandonia.com/files/members/1/9145.jpg Geezer :old: VS. Cyber-Bonk :chair:

Good luck. May the force be with you! :lightsaber:

PS:

PS:

mbgeek 26-05-2018 11:34 PM

Just remembering the old days

Quite often the quiz reminds me of a game I've forgotten about, or at least make me take a close look at a game I wasn't aware of. It's a daily pleasant distraction :smile2:

My first "real" job was working at Games and Gadgets, which became Electronics Boutique which then became GameStop (ugh) and that was in 1985 so I've been in the computer business for over 33 years starting June 1st ... yikes ... LOL

As a side note, my present hobby and passion is Autocross, where as fate would have it, one of the top guys in my sport is Andy Hollis of Microprose fame. I introduced myself to him at the nationals one year and we spent some time waxing poetic of the good old days of the C-64

BranjoHello 19-02-2021 10:08 PM

As of now, 20 Abandonians have more than 20.000 Pieces of eight. :smile2:

kemo 19-02-2021 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BranjoHello (Post 485705)

Yikes... there's no way I'm getting anywhere near that. Just getting to 6000 has been a feat.

Bonk 20-02-2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BranjoHello (Post 485705)

So congratulations BranjoHello, for your 20.000 PoE! :OK:

At 6 PoE per day it's possible to make 2.000 per year, and many of the Top-Listers aren't active anymore, so it is quite possible to climb further in the ranks. All you need is patience. So let's hope abandonia will exist for some more years :-)

kemo 20-02-2021 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonk (Post 485707)
So let's hope abandonia will exist for some more years :-)

That was what my concern is, especially with the current owner(s) of this site.

Did you know... Online casino gaming is so fun? That their sites are extremely secure? (just making fun of one of their "news" postings from the front page).

cdnp 02-03-2021 10:24 PM

Today's quiz has another one of those games with an apostrophe in the name that it refuses to acknowledge.
spoiler for screenshot quiz
Well you can try again & again though.

BranjoHello 02-03-2021 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdnp (Post 485731)
Today's quiz has another one of those games with an apostrophe in the name that it refuses to acknowledge.

Looks like you were so upset about it you didn't realize you were complaining about it in the wrong thread. :P

Doesn't work without apostrophe either, and you don't get another shot in that case, btw.

Smiling Spectre 03-03-2021 07:05 AM

Sorry, as real Admins stated, game downloads are tied to "correct" game name. So no renames from me anymore.

The current time is 03:56 PM (GMT)