Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Cold Cases (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   I cannot remember title (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=27755)

chris_doom_k. 30-08-2011 12:35 AM

I cannot remember title

I remember my mates where i was in the greek army playing this game in the office. It was a first person shooter where you were moving in a kind of a maze smashing skeletons with an axe or scythe or something. Graphics were not something special, streets or corridors were empty and all walls were the same with no more added objects in the scenery. Maybe it had different levels, i just remember this particular level. The year was 2000, so the game was released between, i guess 1997 and 2000. I am not even sure it is abandonware. I've been trying to remember the title and find it but no luck. Anyone remembers this? I hope i posted in the right section.

Please delete the previous post of mine, chrome didn't show that it was up so i posted again and i see now that firefox shows the 2 topics normally.

Eagle of Fire 30-08-2011 09:49 AM

First game which come to mind is Rune.

Smiling Spectre 31-08-2011 08:05 AM

Well, it can be any game from Elder Scrolls universe (ah, it was only 4 for 2000): Arena, Daggerfall, Redguard or Battlespire. It can be some Ultima Underworld. Maybe even Dungeon Hack! Can you describe more details?

marko river 31-08-2011 12:04 PM

Few suggestions:
Powerslave
Montezuma's Return
Witchaven
Witchaven 2
Also check Heretic/Hexen series

chris_doom_k. 31-08-2011 04:57 PM

I want to be more specific but the truth is i remember just a glimpse of the gameplay because i saw them playing it once and this particular gameplay scene stayed on my mind. If i am not mistaken the enemy attacking the player was just heads of skeletons, so basically skulls, i think not the whole body of them. The walls were exactly the same and the weapon was a scythe of sorts falling to their heads from upwards position smashing these heads, not swinging from the sides. Basically, that was it but i don't know if the game was more "rich" in later levels. My guess is not if what i remember represents the whole plain game. From your suggestions, Montezuma's Return and Powerslave are closer than the other suggestions so i will try them and let you know. In the meantime if a title pops to your head post it here please. Thanks folks.

_r.u.s.s. 03-09-2011 12:32 PM

hmm, could it be, perhaps, clive barker's undying?

i remember chopping off some heads with a scythe there

Lulu_Jane 03-09-2011 12:55 PM

Are there graphics mods for undying? Because those screenshots look way better than what I remember.

EDIT: Nevermind, the internet tells me that, yes, there was.

chris_doom_k. 04-09-2011 04:50 PM

It's not Undying but i really loved this game, just amazing, i couldn't forget its name! This game i am talking about has nothing in the background, no scenery, just the same walls everywhere and a black sky, i mean it was supposed to be an open level, not corridors in a closed space. I have yet to try some of the suggestions though but something tells me it's not one of them. Another detail, it was already released before June of 2000.

Professor Oak 08-09-2011 04:32 PM

Was the game 2.5D or 3D, what was the graphic quality like and what was the HUD like? In addition to this, can you remember any developer/publisher names or any significant words/phrases from the game?

The Fifth Horseman 08-09-2011 07:39 PM

Before June 2000 means it's probably not Kiss: Psycho Circus (altough you might want to check that one to make sure).
Realms of the Haunting? Ed Hunter?

The current time is 11:11 PM (GMT)