Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Offers (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Dragom (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=22062)

Dragom 18-10-2009 09:39 AM

Dragom

Hi there,

I've quite some games stuff that might interest you.
As a newbie I am not yet moving at ease, here. Having a considerable collection I would be happy to share mainly box cove images and manuals (not to mention the very games). As for the screenshots, my problem is how to get them when it comes to pure DOS games...
I found not the game in title at Abandonia's list, as well as Louis Cat Orze, Chewy, Deja Vu II, Spacewrecked, etc...
Please let me know how to start doing this - if you see it might be relevant for Abandonia.
Thanks
Joao/Dragom

Paco 18-10-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragom (Post 385752)
As a newbie I am not yet moving at ease, here. Having a considerable collection I would be happy to share mainly box cove images and manuals (not to mention the very games). As for the screenshots, my problem is how to get them when it comes to pure DOS games...

You can read here how to capture Screenshots with DosBox.

and make a List of Games, Extra, etc of which you want to submit, so TotalAnarchy can check them and eventually approve them and give you FTP-Access where you can upload to.

TotalAnarchy 18-10-2009 11:56 AM

Just to be clear. You post the titles you're offering in this thread. And I'll check them after that.

Dragom 18-10-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 385784)
Just to be clear. You post the titles you're offering in this thread. And I'll check them after that.

Well... I'm not sure if I'm getting it all:
This thread has already a name of a game. I have the game, I can provide the pdf manual and the box cover images.
As for the game itself, it is a CD: would you like to get an image (I usually pick Alcohol120).

Now: do you mean that I should/may use this thread for other games & stuff?

Thanks in advance

Dragom 18-10-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paco (Post 385762)
You can read here how to capture Screenshots with DosBox.

and make a List of Games, Extra, etc of which you want to submit, so TotalAnarchy can check them and eventually approve them and give you FTP-Access where you can upload to.

So, it is not a thred for each game...

Now, about screenshots:
a) I am not using DosBox - I usually have a computer for each system, or so... and the screen "thieves" I used do not work...or... I am not able to...
The amazing thing for some games is to be able to get screenshots with the Printscreen key when they run with Win98 or even XP!!!
b)actually there are disagreements about the "genuine" size of screenshots using DosBox and the PrintScreen key with Win98 in some games - this last one method get bigger/better images!

Any other idea to skip DosBox would be much appreciated.
Thanks anyway!
Joao

Paco 18-10-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragom (Post 385790)
Well... I'm not sure if I'm getting it all:
This thread has already a name of a game. I have the game, I can provide the pdf manual and the box cover images.
As for the game itself, it is a CD: would you like to get an image (I usually pick Alcohol120).

Now: do you mean that I should/may use this thread for other games & stuff?

Thanks in advance

We have Touche already here, but we can use Manual and Boxshots. The CD can be put in ISO CELLAR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragom (Post 385791)
So, it is not a thred for each game...

correct. That applied to Request but not here.

TotalAnarchy 18-10-2009 01:17 PM

In this thread you'll be offering all the games you want to, not just one. The requests section is for requesting games you don't have. SInce you have screens of those game you created threads for in that section, I'm assuming you have the games too. Thus you are actually offering the games. Please post your list of offers in this thread.

PS: Though it's not completely wrong if you created a separate thread for each one in the Request section. This is how it was done in the past, when there wasn't an Offers subforum.

Dragom 18-10-2009 04:50 PM

An American Tail

Ok, let's try:
I have ready to upload the box cover images for An American Tail which I am attaching to this note.

PS
I am sorry - my search show nothing when if I use "Fifth Musketeer" instead of "5th..."
And I just looked at the Manual (multilingual!) - only the English section is finished on pdf - do you want it like that or do you prefer to wait for the complete stuff - which will take a few days at least...

Dragom 18-10-2009 04:59 PM

Ishido: The Way of Stones

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 385793)
In this thread you'll be offering all the games you want to, not just one. The requests section is for requesting games you don't have. SInce you have screens of those game you created threads for in that section, I'm assuming you have the games too. Thus you are actually offering the games. Please post your list of offers in this thread.

Here goes and another one...

Paco 18-10-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 385793)
Please post your list of offers in this thread.

You can post your Stuff over the FTP but not here. Just post a List of what you want to submit, like TA said. Please take a look in the Other Threads her to see how its done.

I will add your stuff you posted here on FTP.

Dragom 18-10-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paco (Post 385821)
You can post your Stuff over the FTP but not here. Just post a List of what you want to submit, like TA said. Please take a look in the Other Threads her to see how its done.

I will add your stuff you posted here on FTP.

I see...
But... how can I do that - I'm sorry but "where" can i find that FTP?
thank you!

TotalAnarchy 18-10-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragom (Post 385823)
I see...
But... how can I do that - I'm sorry but "where" can i find that FTP?
thank you!

:doh:

Let's start from the beginning. :) First look through your gaming stuff. Select things you're going to offer (game archives, manuals, boxshots etc) and compile a list of them. Post that list in this thread, in one post like this:

-Plumbers Don't Wear Ties (game archive)
-Wizardry III (Manual, Boxshots)
-Day of the Tentacle (game archive, manual, boxshots)
-Crysis (game archive)
and so on

Then I'll look into that list and post in this thread which we accept and which we don't, like this:

-Plumbers Don't Wear Ties (game archive) [APPROVED] -we need and accept it
-Wizardry III (Manual, Boxshots) [APPROVED]
-Day of the Tentacle (game archive, manual, boxshots) [ON SITE] [ON FTP] - means we don't need it, because it's already uploaded.
-Crysis (game archive) [PROTECTED] [SOLD] - means we can't accept it because it's protected by ESA, or because it's sold.

Then I'll give you FTP Access and an FTP Tutorial. You'll upload the games and extras I approved on FTP. You don't need to offer all stuff in one day. You can offer a list of 10 games (and extras) today, another 10 games next week and so on. Whenever you want and feel like it.

Hope you understand now.

Dragom 18-10-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 385824)
:doh:

Let's start from the beginning. :) First look through your gaming stuff. Select things you're going to offer (game archives, manuals, boxshots etc) and compile a list of them. Post that list in this thread, in one post like this:

-Plumbers Don't Wear Ties (game archive)
-Wizardry III (Manual, Boxshots)
-Day of the Tentacle (game archive, manual, boxshots)
-Crysis (game archive)
and so on

Then I'll look into that list and post in this thread which we accept and which we don't, like this:

-Plumbers Don't Wear Ties (game archive) [APPROVED] -we need and accept it
-Wizardry III (Manual, Boxshots) [APPROVED]
-Day of the Tentacle (game archive, manual, boxshots) [ON SITE] [ON FTP] - means we don't need it, because it's already uploaded.
-Crysis (game archive) [PROTECTED] [SOLD] - means we can't accept it because it's protected by ESA, or because it's sold.

Then I'll give you FTP Access and an FTP Tutorial. You'll upload the games and extras I approved on FTP. You don't need to offer all stuff in one day. You can offer a list of 10 games (and extras) today, another 10 games next week and so on. Whenever you want and feel like it.

Hope you understand now.

Well :mhh: no point - just waste of time - if explaining what happened.
But I thank you very much for the patience! That was nice and welcoming.:cheers:

Dragom 18-10-2009 07:55 PM

here is a list:
Galleons of Glory (1990): Game (floppies), cover art img, screenshots Spacewrecked (1991): Game (floppies), cover art img
The Scoop (1988): Game (floppies), cover art img
Keef the Thief : A Boy & His Lockpick (1989): Game (floppies), cover img
Déjà Vu II: Lost in Las Vegas (1992): Game (floppies), cover art img

TotalAnarchy 19-10-2009 01:10 PM

Galleons of Glory: The Secret Voyage of Magellan [APPROVED] all stuff
Spacewrecked: 14 Billion Light Years From Earth [APPROVED] all stuff
The Scoop [APPROVED] all stuff
Keef the Thief : A Boy & His Lockpick [APPROVED] all stuff
Deja Vu II: Lost in Las Vegas [ALREADY ON FTP] I hope you have an archive of the game, and not a disk image. Because if you have an archive you can upload it on FTP. Ermuli already uploaded on FTP a .ima disk image of the game and the boxart. These we don't need.

I'll send you a PM with FTP access and instructions.

Paco 19-10-2009 01:20 PM

and dont forget this:

- Ishido - The Way of Stones - Boxshots (Dragom)
- An American Tail - Fievel Goes West - Boxshots (Dragom)

:thumbs:

TotalAnarchy 19-10-2009 03:10 PM

Yeah, that stuff was already approved, and uploaded in your personal FTP folder. You'll see it on FTP.

Dragom 19-10-2009 04:59 PM

naming subfolders in my folder: not allowed

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 385864)
Yeah, that stuff was already approved, and uploaded in your personal FTP folder. You'll see it on FTP.

Well, I went there, I created another folder - the 3rd, after American Tail and Ishido created by Paco, but I am not allowed to change the default name "New Folder" for a new game. I did it twice, so I have now 4 folders, two of them empty named New Folder and New Folder 2...
Can you, please, correct this situation for me, please?
Thanks!

PS:
I am/was using the I. Explorer... which is what I always use...

TotalAnarchy 19-10-2009 05:19 PM

Unfortunately, for security purposes, noone except us can rename, download, delete stuff from there. You need to name it the way you want it to be at the time of creation of the folder. Or if using Filezilla, you can just drag-and-drop a folder already named containing the files, into your directory.

Dragom 19-10-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 385875)
Unfortunately, for security purposes, noone except us can rename, download, delete stuff from there. You need to name it the way you want it to be at the time of creation of the folder. Or if using Filezilla, you can just drag-and-drop a folder already named containing the files, into your directory.

Well, because not sure if I did that well the 1st time, I tried a 2nd time to name it my way, at the time of creation of the folder - again without success!
I will try dragging it, later.
Thanks

PS: please delete those 2 folders for me, ok?

Dragom 20-10-2009 12:32 PM

[quote=Paco;385858]and dont forget this:

- Ishido - The Way of Stones - Boxshots (Dragom)
- An American Tail - Fievel Goes West - Boxshots [color=DarkGreen][color=Black][i](Dragom)

Well, I just uploaded the manual... and I intend to do the same for Ishido.

BTW: "An American Tail" actually is the correct name of the game, as you may see it in the box. "Fievel Goes West" is the title for the movie sequel!...

:oh: And I have the CDROM of An American Tail - Movie Book for Win Mac (1998): is that of any interest for Abandonia?

TotalAnarchy 20-10-2009 01:26 PM

how much does this Movie Book game weigh?

Dragom 20-10-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 385946)
how much does this Movie Book game weigh?

It is about 200Mb...

TotalAnarchy 20-10-2009 04:24 PM

Well, the game is [APPROVED], but we have a limit of 150 MB for games uploaded on site. So this you can upload to the ISO Cellar (a forum section), if you want, using a filesharing site, but not on FTP.

Dragom 20-10-2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 385969)
Well, the game is [APPROVED], but we have a limit of 150 MB for games uploaded on site. So this you can upload to the ISO Cellar (a forum section), if you want, using a filesharing site, but not on FTP.

Ok, I'm not sure how to get there the uploading link, but I will, no worries... :)
Anyway I have couple of questions: after I do that (upload on ISO Cellar), will it show at Abandonia's normal games list?
And if it does, would it be acceptable to upload the CD picture, along with some Screenshots? (never heard of a box or even a Jewel Case so far)

And all that leads to another more general question:
Does "boxshots" refer to any piece of the content of the box? (e.g. a game comes w/ an harmonica, or a bag of gellies, or a few gadgets, like in "Widget Workshop" - in other words: would it be acceptable a picture of all the items together (e.g. maps, disks, box, case, etc...) ?
Of course I understand it will always "depend of the picture"...

(I have two more questions, if you are willing to answer - I know I could find the answers somewhere, eventually, but you will agree there is a lot of time saving this way... and that is why I thank you, very much).

TotalAnarchy 20-10-2009 05:19 PM

No, the game won't appear on the main site (Abandonia's game list), therefore we can't really use your boxshots. I'd even recommend not uploading the game there if it was not requested in the Requests section of the forum. But that's my own opinion, and most would disagree with me.

The ISO Cellar

About the boxshots. We primarily need the individual pieces. But if there are non-scannable items, like figurines or other collectibles, I guess you can do a picture of them together (that only if you also upload the individual scans of the scannable items). If the game comes only with scannable items (maps, boxshots, etc) you shouldn't upload a picture with them together.

And yes, I'm also here to answer questions from our contributors, so it's no problem if you have more. :)

Dragom 20-10-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 385975)
No, the game won't appear on the main site (Abandonia's game list), therefore we can't really use your boxshots. I'd even recommend not uploading the game there if it was not requested in the Requests section of the forum. But that's my own opinion, and most would disagree with me.

The ISO Cellar

About the boxshots. We primarily need the individual pieces. But if there are non-scannable items, like figurines or other collectibles, I guess you can do a picture of them together (that only if you also upload the individual scans of the scannable items). If the game comes only with scannable items (maps, boxshots, etc) you shouldn't upload a picture with them together.

And yes, I'm also here to answer questions from our contributors, so it's no problem if you have more. :)

Ok, I wont upload the CD ROM book before the aproval at requests section. And I understand the general idea about the unscannable stuff. And I will submit to the requests section.

Well, I wasn't too sure about who would I bother with questions, so here are some more:
a) Does the "appearence" of a new game (previously aproved and uploaded), depends on a review?
b) Is it so that normal contributers, after the aproved upload, lose "contact" with further phases of the process which includes adding some more info (like developer/plubisher, etc?)
c) I have quite a bunch of zipped games, that I downloaded along the years, and now I have no idea if they are freeware, shareware or whatever...
Would you recommend that I make some list(s) of them and put that list on requests without further info? (I mean games way below 5 Mb...)
Thanks again!

Paco 20-10-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragom (Post 385981)
a) Does the "appearence" of a new game (previously aproved and uploaded), depends on a review?

A Game on AB need 3 Stuff: Review, Screenshots and an Archive. Is one of them missing, so we cant upload it on Site.

You have Extra from Touche - The Adventure of the 5th Musketeer? Can you list it here and upload it on FTP?

Dragom 20-10-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paco (Post 385982)
A Game on AB need 3 Stuff: Review, Screenshots and an Archive. Is one of them missing, so we cant upload it on Site.

You have Extra from Touche - The Adventure of the 5th Musketeer? Can you list it here and upload it on FTP?

The extra you mean is probably the manual (still not complete, because it has only the English secction) - I mentioned that before but I don't recall to have a positive answer...
Do you wish it - as it is now- uploaded?

Paco 20-10-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragom (Post 385984)
The extra you mean is probably the manual (still not complete, because it has only the English secction) - I mentioned that before but I don't recall to have a positive answer...
Do you wish it - as it is now- uploaded?

we want it complete (incl. all Language), if possible, but take your time. We arent in Hurry. ^^ Thank you.

TotalAnarchy 21-10-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Ok, I wont upload the CD ROM book before the aproval at requests section. And I understand the general idea about the unscannable stuff. And I will submit to the requests section.

Well, I wasn't too sure about who would I bother with questions, so here are some more:
b) Is it so that normal contributers, after the aproved upload, lose "contact" with further phases of the process which includes adding some more info (like developer/plubisher, etc?)
c) I have quite a bunch of zipped games, that I downloaded along the years, and now I have no idea if they are freeware, shareware or whatever...
Would you recommend that I make some list(s) of them and put that list on requests without further info? (I mean games way below 5 Mb...)
Thanks again!

b) Except the review and the screenshots, the rest is done by our team of our updaters (like creating the gamepage on site, creating a newspost, giving PoE to contributors and other stuff)

c) If you want to offer the games, you should post the list here. Determining the status of the games is done both in Requests and here, in Offers. So if you have the games and want to offer them, of course you should post the list here.

Dragom 22-10-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 386042)
b) Except the review and the screenshots, the rest is done by our team of our updaters (like creating the gamepage on site, creating a newspost, giving PoE to contributors and other stuff)

c) If you want to offer the games, you should post the list here. Determining the status of the games is done both in Requests and here, in Offers. So if you have the games and want to offer them, of course you should post the list here.

It looks like Mobygames... always depending of a descrption/review, (they were not demanding screenshots, if I remember well). This matters to me, because I will not produce any review... No rush, then.
Oh well, I guess that I will just stick with some boxshots and manuals for games already on the database.
Thanks anyway.

Dragom 22-10-2009 12:54 PM

Supremacy

Boxshots CD version

Saccade 22-10-2009 02:14 PM

Hey Dragom - you may find some of these tools and sites useful for file management, especially for creating archives and preparing links for the ISO Cellar:

http://www.mediafire.com/
Make an account here, if you don't have one. It is good for storing smaller files or if you don't mind splitting an archive. Putting things here means people can get at them easily.

Don't substitute it for the FTP, though! Make sure games not for the ISO Cellar go on there.

http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/
Is needed to split the archives (to store on Mediafire) and reconstruct them. You shouldn't need to do this for things to go up on FTP.

http://www.7zip.com/
For creating / using .Zip files. This is the preferred file-type.

http://www.win-rar.com/download.html
For creating / using .Rar files, as it's handy to have.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_daemon_tools/
A virtual CD/DVD-ROM drive - essential for using and testing disc-images.

http://www.magiciso.com/download.htm
Magiciso is okay... I don't use it, but it's a good one to start off with, I guess.
This is needed to creat .iso's (among other file-types) from discs and burn images onto physical media.

There are free alternatives to any software, really. But file hosting, if you want really good hosting - like no size limit, bandwidth allocation, speed - then you often have to pay for it.

I can't find that Golden Immortal game anywhere except that site you pointed out.
Do you have it?

And Dragom, make the list like this:
Code:

Supremacy    -- Boxshots CD Version [on ftp]
This Game    -- Game and Manual
Another Game -- Review and Screenshots [on ftp]

Instead of:
Supremacy
Code:

Boxshots CD version
As it isn't obvious straight away what it is you're talking about.
You can still keep the post title - but make sure to put the game title in the post, too!
Putting a few in the list at a time is also good. People work in blocks of things, most of the time, as it's easier than doing things individually.

If you follow the established format, it's less confusing for everyone.
Trust me - My thread is a f***ing nightmare...

TotalAnarchy 22-10-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragom (Post 386141)
Boxshots CD version

Yes, you can upload it. Please don't create different threads for stuff you offer, post all of it here. If the thread title bothers you, tell us if you want to change it to a more general one. We can do that in no time.

Dragom 22-10-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 386169)
Yes, you can upload it. Please don't create different threads for stuff you offer, post all of it here. If the thread title bothers you, tell us if you want to change it to a more general one. We can do that in no time.

Right, Touche was not the matter anymore, (or at least for for a while...), I see you changed the name of the thread: thank you!

Dragom 22-10-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccade (Post 386166)
Hey Dragom - you may find some of these tools and sites useful for file management, especially for creating archives and preparing links for the ISO Cellar:

http://www.mediafire.com/
Make an account here, if you don't have one. It is good for storing smaller files or if you don't mind splitting an archive. Putting things here means people can get at them easily.

Don't substitute it for the FTP, though! Make sure games not for the ISO Cellar go on there.

http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/
Is needed to split the archives (to store on Mediafire) and reconstruct them. You shouldn't need to do this for things to go up on FTP.

http://www.7zip.com/
For creating / using .Zip files. This is the preferred file-type.

http://www.win-rar.com/download.html
For creating / using .Rar files, as it's handy to have.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_daemon_tools/
A virtual CD/DVD-ROM drive - essential for using and testing disc-images.

http://www.magiciso.com/download.htm
Magiciso is okay... I don't use it, but it's a good one to start off with, I guess.
This is needed to creat .iso's (among other file-types) from discs and burn images onto physical media.

There are free alternatives to any software, really. But file hosting, if you want really good hosting - like no size limit, bandwidth allocation, speed - then you often have to pay for it.

I can't find that Golden Immortal game anywhere except that site you pointed out.
Do you have it?

And Dragom, make the list like this:
Code:

Supremacy    -- Boxshots CD Version [on ftp]
This Game    -- Game and Manual
Another Game -- Review and Screenshots [on ftp]

Instead of:
Supremacy
Code:

Boxshots CD version
As it isn't obvious straight away what it is you're talking about.
You can still keep the post title - but make sure to put the game title in the post, too!
Putting a few in the list at a time is also good. People work in blocks of things, most of the time, as it's easier than doing things individually.

If you follow the established format, it's less confusing for everyone.
Trust me - My thread is a f***ing nightmare...

Hi,
I am not sure about what you mean with "preparing links" (for the ISO Cellar), but let me ask some questions first, please:
a) I understood that ISO Cellar is the common name of the "recipient" for the ISO images - possibly a server where Mediafire sits... - is that right?

b) It also seems there are limitations for the uploads: size matters, I guess, and the splitting stuff is supposed to solve problems of too big ISO files - right?

c) So, if I have an ISO file - aproved! - and ready, what should I do next is to go to my account on Mediafire and upload it? - but then,
1) who else (but me) is able to go into "my" account there ?
2) and what would be those links (above mentioned) for?

d) I usually do stuff with Alcohol120 combined with Nero. I suppose I can get an ISO image with Alcohol - if so would that be ok?

e) Ok, I will pack/list some, and will drop them on the very same thread...

I just wonder that if messing messages (in threads like this) with lists of games to offer (in the same thread) won't be a bit confusing even for aprovers... but I will do my best :-)

Dragom 23-10-2009 08:49 PM

games & games stuff

Now, ready for uploading:

Crisis in the Kremlin - boxshots
High Seas Trader - boxshots
Nazi Paradox - boxshots
NaziParadox - manual
The Great War 1914-1918 - boxshots
Fields of Glory - boxshots
Beverly Hillbillies - boxshots
Wings of Fury - boxshots

-------------------------------

Killing Cloud - game
Killing Cloud - boxshots
Undersea Adventure - game
Undersea Adventure - boxshots
Nephis Quest - game
Nephis Quest - boxshots
Timequest - game
Timequest - boxshots
Berlin 1948 - game
Berlin 1948 - boxshots
The President is Missing - game
The President is Missing - boxshots
Search for the Titanic - game
Search for the Titanic - boxshots

Saccade 23-10-2009 09:35 PM

I'll make sure I upload the Timequest review and stuff - I think the archive may already be on the FTP.
The boxshots would be handy, as mine aren't original.

Dragom 23-10-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccade (Post 386278)
I'll make sure I upload the Timequest review and stuff - I think the archive may already be on the FTP.
The boxshots would be handy, as mine aren't original.

Great! :rocks:

BTW: I have an account at Mediafire...

TotalAnarchy 24-10-2009 02:45 PM

Crisis in the Kremlin - boxshots [APPROVED]
High Seas Trader - boxshots [APPROVED]
Nazi Paradox - boxshots [APPROVED]
Nazi Paradox - manual [ON SITE] we don't need it
The Great War 1914-1918 - boxshots [APPROVED]
Fields of Glory - boxshots [APPROVED]
Beverly Hillbillies - boxshots [APPROVED]
Wings of Fury - boxshots [APPROVED]

-------------------------------

Killing Cloud - game [APPROVED]
Killing Cloud - boxshots [APPROVED]
Undersea Adventure - game [APPROVED]
Undersea Adventure - boxshots [APPROVED]
Nephi's Quest - game [APPROVED]
Nephi's Quest - boxshots [APPROVED]
Timequest - game [ON FTP] we don't need it
Timequest - boxshots [ON FTP] we don't need it
Berlin 1948 - game [ON FTP] we don't need it
Berlin 1948 - boxshots [APPROVED]
The President is Missing - game [APPROVED]
The President is Missing - boxshots [APPROVED]
Search for the Titanic - game [APPROVED]
Search for the Titanic - boxshots [APPROVED]

Saccade 24-10-2009 02:55 PM

Hey TA - if Dragom uploads his TimeQuest Boxshots, they may be better than mine... :dunno:

Paco 24-10-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 386337)
Nazi Paradox - manual [ON SITE] we don't need it
Timequest - boxshots [ON FTP] we don't need it

Upload it anyways, maybe the Quality is better than the other, then we will delete the old and replace it with Dragom Stuff otherwise we will remove your Stuff from FTP.

Luchsen 24-10-2009 03:15 PM

Boxshots are always added, even if they double. I would quote Tom Henrik saying that each box is unique, but someone played with the deletion button again. :suspicious:

Dragom 30-10-2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

Thanks again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 386042)

So here goes a list of some of those games...
(some eventually may have stuff like docs, screnshots, cover images, or patch files... or nothing else but the zipped game file)

1993 Pacific Strike Origin
1993 Pacific Strike - Speech Pack Origin
1990 Elvira: Mistress of the Dark Accolade
1987 Dolphin Sailing Sim III + Chesapeak Dolphin M.Syst.
1993 Flight Simulator Microsoft
1994 Operation Crusader Avalon Hill-World at War
1994 Detroit Impressions
1994 Alien Legacy Ybarra Productions / Sierra
1993 Global Domination Impressions
1988 Ancient Battles R.T.Smith/CCSim
1985 Arnhem R.T.Smith/CCSim
1985 Desert Rats R.T.Smith/CCSim
1985 Knights of the Desert Edward Haar
1985 Operation Market Garden SSI-Strategic Simulations,Inc.
1985 Vulcan R.T.Smith/CCSim
1988 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Coktel Vision
1992 Dreadnoughts Dr.Turcan Research Syst.
1992 Grand Slam Bridge II Electronic Arts
1985 Grand Slam Bridge Cybron Corp.
1988 Turbo Bridge
1991 Arctic Adventure (vol 1-4) Apogee Software
1983 Manic Miner Bug-Bite
1991 Shooting Gallery Nels Anderson
1991 Chinese Checkers ImagiSoft
1991 Wheel of Fortune (Vanna White) GameTek

Saccade 31-10-2009 01:45 AM

What's Vulcan, Dragom?

The CCsim ones sound interesting, too.

Dragom 31-10-2009 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccade (Post 386828)
What's Vulcan, Dragom?

The CCsim ones sound interesting, too.

Try here, please.

TotalAnarchy 31-10-2009 12:54 PM

1994 Pacific Strike Origin [PROTECTED] by Electronic Arts until 2010
1994 Pacific Strike - Speech Pack Origin [PROTECTED] by Electronic Arts until 2010
1990 Elvira: Mistress of the Dark Accolade [SOLD] at AdventureSoft
1987 Dolphin Sailing Sim III + Chesapeak Dolphin M.Syst. [APPROVED]
1993 Microsoft Flight Simulator (v5.0) Microsoft [APPROVED]
1994 World at War: Operation Crusader Avalon Hill [APPROVED]
1994 Detroit Impressions [ON SITE] we don't need the game archive or any of the extras you can find on the gamepage
1994 Alien Legacy Ybarra Productions / Sierra [ON FTP] we don't need the game archive
1993 Global Domination Impressions [ON FTP] we don't need the game archive and the manual
1988 Encyclopedia of War: Ancient Battles R.T.Smith/CCSim [APPROVED]
1985 Arnhem R.T.Smith/CCSim [APPROVED]
1985 Desert Rats R.T.Smith/CCSim [APPROVED]
1985 Knights of the Desert: The North African Campaign of 1941-1943 [APPROVED]
1985 Operation Market Garden: Drive on Arnhem, September 1944 SSI-Strategic Simulations,Inc. [APPROVED]
1985 Vulcan R.T.Smith/CCSim [APPROVED]
1988 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Coktel Vision [APPROVED]
1992 Dreadnoughts Dr.Turcan Research Syst. [APPROVED]
1992 Grand Slam Bridge II Electronic Arts [APPROVED]
1985 Grand Slam Bridge Cybron Corp. [APPROVED]
1988 Turbo Bridge [APPROVED]
1991 Arctic Adventure (vol 1-4) Apogee Software [ON FTP] we don't need the game archive
1983 Manic Miner Bug-Bite [APPROVED]
1991 Shooting Gallery Nels Anderson [APPROVED]
1991 Chinese Checkers ImagiSoft [REJECTED] since it is distributed for free by its original developers
1991 Wheel of Fortune (Vanna White) GameTek [APPROVED]

Dragom 01-11-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 386857)
1994 Detroit Impressions [ON SITE] we don't need the game archive or any of the extras you can find on the gamepage

I forgot a detail - I'm sorry, which I don't know (yet) if it matters:
This Detroit I have, is the CD release (Sierra Originals). I wonder if this is an enhanced version (I only played this game long ago - the floppies version.
All in all the Detroit CD uses only 3 Mb...

Similar situations happens with D/Generation, Rex Nebular, Police Quest, Cruise for a Corpse and others... (e.g.) HeroQuest even comes with a pdf manual on CD...

TotalAnarchy 01-11-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragom (Post 386939)
I forgot a detail - I'm sorry, which I don't know (yet) if it matters:
This Detroit I have, is the CD release (Sierra Originals). I wonder if this is an enhanced version (I only played this game long ago - the floppies version.

Similar situations happens with D/Generation, Rex Nebular, Police Quest, Cruise for a Corpse and others... (e.g.) HeroQuest even comes with a pdf manual on CD...

Dunno myself if it changes something, but we'll gladly accept the archive for D/Generation. We have a review for that, but no screens or the game itself.

Saccade 04-11-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragom (Post 386939)
HeroQuest even comes with a pdf manual on CD...

That's just making a CD cos you can... 3Mb...

What's different about the CD version of HeroQuest, Dragom?
I've been playing that again recently.

Cheers for Vulcan link, btw :D

Dragom 05-11-2009 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccade (Post 387242)
That's just making a CD cos you can... 3Mb...
What's different about the CD version of HeroQuest, Dragom?
I've been playing that again recently.
Cheers for Vulcan link, btw :D

I think that some CD versions were improved (at least) with patches... others got enhanced graphics...
But I won't know which is or what makes the difference until I read manuals, or I play them, or someone does that for me...

The CD version of Hero Quest ("Chronicles of Loretome") includes the "Return of the Witch Lord"...
I just uploaded Vulcan along with the other 3 from R.T. Smith (CCS) ... and Shooting Gallery (v.23).

Dragom 05-11-2009 12:46 AM

Offering...

D/Generation : game+docs+boxshots, but not sure about the origin of the screenshots...
Murder in Venice: game but not sure about the origin of the screenshots...

TotalAnarchy 05-11-2009 10:58 AM

Dude, you need to upload only the stuff you have. So if the screens are not yours, don't upload them; if the boxshots are not yours - don't upload them either etc

About Murder in Venice, you weren't supposed to upload it. We already have the archive from Ermuli and I offered to be the reviewer for it, so I'm going to supply the screenshots also.

Dragom 05-11-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 387274)
Dude, you need to upload only the stuff you have. So if the screens are not yours, don't upload them; if the boxshots are not yours - don't upload them either etc

About Murder in Venice, you weren't supposed to upload it. We already have the archive from Ermuli and I offered to be the reviewer for it, so I'm going to supply the screenshots also.

I know I should upload only my stuff. Occasionally I may not know the origin of some of it - that is why I mentioned it! And I mentioned that before - not having then any remark like this... it should be no news for you.

- Murder in Venice:
a) I read somewhere before it was missing...
b) So I just offered for submission, for aproval...
c) As it was not aproved, I have NOT uploaded it!
So why do you feel the need to say I "was" not supposed to upload it, when it never happened?

- D/Generation:
a) You mentioned before you would welcome the archive
b) I offered it for submission. It was not aproved, so far.

Sorry, but accoding to what I was told, I don't see anything surprising and/or wrong in my procedure...
Explaining what is really wrong would be welcome.
Thanks

TotalAnarchy 05-11-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragom (Post 387276)
I know I should upload only my stuff. Occasionally I may not know the origin of some of it - that is why I mentioned it! And I mentioned that before - not having then any remark like this... it should be no news for you.

- Murder in Venice:
a) I read somewhere before it was missing...
b) So I just offered for submission, for aproval...
So why do you feel the need to say I "was" not supposed to upload it, when it never happened?

- D/Generation:
a) You mentioned before you would welcome the archive
b) I offered it for submission. It was not aproved, so far.

Sorry, but accoding to what I was told, I don't see anything surprising and/or wrong in my procedure...
Explaining what is really wrong would be welcome.
Thanks

Aaah, sorry. I totally misunderstood. I thought you said uploaded, not "offering". Anyways D/Generation is [APPROVED], Murder in Venice is not, obviously. :D

Dragom 05-11-2009 02:56 PM

D/Generation uploaded

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 387278)
Aaah, sorry. I totally misunderstood. I thought you said uploaded, not "offering". Anyways D/Generation is [APPROVED], Murder in Venice is not, obviously. :D

D/Generation uploaded... (w/docs).

Dragom 05-11-2009 06:51 PM

Omni-Play Horse Racing / Sport of Kings

What I can offer (my archive) is "Sport of Kings". And a doc. ;)

And, btw, I dont see "Waterloo" at Todbog's folder (FTP)...
(just let me know if needed, please)

TotalAnarchy 06-11-2009 04:59 AM

Omni-Play Horse Racing (aka Sport of Kings) is in Needing Archives, thus [APPROVED]
Waterloo was supposed to be uploaded months ago by LaFey, but he didn't so [APPROVED] too

Saccade 06-11-2009 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragom
1992 Grand Slam Bridge II Electronic Arts [APPROVED]
1985 Grand Slam Bridge Cybron Corp. [APPROVED]
1988 Turbo Bridge [APPROVED]

Are these bridge games, Bridge Building games?
Or are they the same ones that you can get at that scam rip-off mosw site?

If they're bridge building games, I'd like to take the reviews, please.

Dragom 06-11-2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccade (Post 387322)
[/color][/b]Are these bridge games, Bridge Building games?
Or are they the same ones that you can get at that scam rip-off mosw site?

If they're bridge building games, I'd like to take the reviews, please.

These are about the well known CARD GAME "Bridge". Like chess, there are allways attempts to create a good AI for it.
They were downloaded quite some years ago - I know the site your are mentioning: it just happens that I don´t pay a dime (or more...) for anything but the original stuff! So the answer is no.

Dragom 07-11-2009 12:03 AM

Uploaded

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 387311)
Omni-Play Horse Racing (aka Sport of Kings) is in Needing Archives, thus [APPROVED]
Waterloo was supposed to be uploaded months ago by LaFey, but he didn't so [APPROVED] too

Both uploaded, now.

TotalAnarchy 07-11-2009 06:04 AM

Hey, Dragom, I was wondering if you have the manual for Murder in Venice, because it's kind of difficult to understand the game, or what to do without it.

Dragom 07-11-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 387377)
Hey, Dragom, I was wondering if you have the manual for Murder in Venice, because it's kind of difficult to understand the game, or what to do without it.

Well, I found a manual, and I also have a walkthrough... in French.
I might try or help to translate it into English - in that case I would need some help editing "my Engish". Plus there is the "time" factor: only through starting with it, I would be able to form an idea of how long it would take.
Anyways, you are not totally in the dark, anymore...

BUT... you have no problems with the copy protection code, right?

TotalAnarchy 07-11-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragom (Post 387416)
Well, I found a manual, and I also have a walkthrough... in French.
I might try or help to translate it into English - in that case I would need some help editing "my Engish". Plus there is the "time" factor: only through starting with it, I would be able to form an idea of how long it would take.
Anyways, you are not totally in the dark, anymore...

I actually understand French pretty well. Can you upload it?

Dragom 07-11-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 387418)
I actually understand French pretty well. Can you upload it?

Et voilá m'sieur, notice et soluce prêtes à telecharger! :3:

Saccade 08-11-2009 05:12 AM

I'm not really into bridge games, card game. Thanks anyway.

That site is pretty good for finding games, and since we know they can be found anywhere on the net - all they've done is catalogue them - we can make use of their list when searching.

I might get a day membership, to see where the files come from.
If it's anything like using mosw.downloader for porn - it gives you a code, to hide the website/dns address.

[so I hear]

TotalAnarchy 08-11-2009 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragom (Post 387445)
Et voilá m'sieur, notice et soluce prêtes à telecharger! :3:

Ok, thanks very much. I'll even translate the manual into english, since it's not that big. :D

Dragom 08-11-2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccade (Post 387463)
That site is pretty good for finding games, and since we know they can be found anywhere on the net - all they've done is catalogue them - we can make use of their list when searching.

I might get a day membership, to see where the files come from.
If it's anything like using mosw.downloader for porn - it gives you a code, to hide the website/dns address.
[so I hear]

Sorry, I have no idea what site are you talking about... may be you detected one site where one of those games came from? (which I frankly do not recall).
But I am glad that you found something useful to you, anyway.
BTW: it is quite possible that some games I am offering can easily be taken on the net. I referred to that possibility, and I will never go through any investigation to confirm that "status" - I am just offering archived files that I have been kepping on my computer since years - Its just a "take or leave" situation... that's all.
Finally, I have nothing to add to what I said before related to games with sexual content, but may be you need to understand that I have nothing to do with the porn stuff you are referring to. I just can't help you there.

Dragom 10-11-2009 07:32 PM

Uploaded

Quote:

1983 Manic Miner Bug-Bite [APPROVED] (game, manual, screenshots)
1985 Grand Slam Bridge Cybron Corp. [APPROVED] (game)
1985 Arnhem R.T.Smith/CCSim [APPROVED] (game)
1985 Desert Rats R.T.Smith/CCSim [APPROVED] (game)
1985 Knights of the Desert: The North African Campaign of 1941-1943 [APPROVED] (game, manual, screenshot)
1985 Operation Market Garden: Drive on Arnhem, September 1944 SSI-Strategic Simulations,Inc. [APPROVED] (game, manual)
1985 Vulcan R.T.Smith/CCSim [APPROVED] (game)
1988 Encyclopedia of War: Ancient Battles R.T.Smith/CCSim [APPROVED] (game, manual)
1988 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Coktel Vision [APPROVED] (game, manual)
1988 Turbo Bridge [APPROVED] (game)
1991 Shooting Gallery Nels Anderson [APPROVED] (game, manual, screenshot)
1992 Dreadnoughts Dr.Turcan Research Syst. [APPROVED] (game, manual, screenshot)
1992 Grand Slam Bridge II Electronic Arts [APPROVED] (game)
All at FTP, now.

Dragom 12-11-2009 09:47 PM

Uploaded

Quote:

1987 Dolphin Sailing Sim III + Chesapeak [APPROVED] (game, manual)
1993 Microsoft Flight Simulator (v5.0) Microsoft [APPROVED] (game)
1991 “Wheel of Fortune: Featuring Vanna White” GameTek [APPROVED] (game and note for editor/updater)
Now on FTP

bobson 13-11-2009 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragom (Post 387696)
All at FTP, now.

Manic Miner you have uploaded is a freeware remake. According to Mobygames there is no other dos version.

I believe it is AB-Reloaded game :)

Dragom 13-11-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob-satan (Post 387982)
Manic Miner you have uploaded is a freeware remake. According to Mobygames there is no other dos version.

I believe it is AB-Reloaded game :)

Ok then, please, do what you need to do, no problem...

Luchsen 13-11-2009 09:07 PM

It's an unofficial conversion, not a remake.

Dragom 20-11-2009 10:55 PM

Offering Boxshots

Some more Boxshots:

Blue Force
Bermuda Syndrome
Litil Divil
Eternam
The Lost Admiral
TinTin Prisoners of the Sun

TotalAnarchy 21-11-2009 10:51 AM

all [APPROVED]

Dragom 22-11-2009 12:01 AM

More boxshots

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 388980)
all [APPROVED]

So, these boxshots...
Blue Force
Bermuda Syndrome
Litil Divil
Eternam
The Lost Admiral
TinTin Prisoners of the Sun
are... :onftp:

Now offering some more boxshots

Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure
Callahans Crosstime Saloon
Campaign
Centurion
The Castle of Dr. Brain
Sting!
The Clue!
Clue: Master Detective

TotalAnarchy 24-11-2009 12:46 PM

We have a lot of boxshots for Castle of Dr. Brain, so we don't need more. We have some boxshots for Campaign, but you can upload them if you have already scanned them.

The rest is [APPROVED]

Paco 24-11-2009 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 389210)
We have a lot of boxshots for Castle of Dr. Brain, so we don't need more. We have some boxshots for Campaign, but you can upload them if you have already scanned them.

The rest is [APPROVED]

even so the Boxshots for Castle of Dr. Brain and Campaign is all approved.

TotalAnarchy 24-11-2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paco (Post 389211)

Yeah, but we don't need that many. We have to think about the server too.

Dragom 24-11-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 389212)
Yeah, but we don't need that many. We have to think about the server too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paco (Post 389211)

Hey, don't worry: you can alawys discard them... no problem.

But FYI here is what they are:
Both are just the jewel case inlays (front & back); Campaign has also the CD picture. That's all.

BTW: some questions
a) I saw a walkthrough by Crash in one game on Site. Assuming that T. Henrik is not Crash (although it could happen...), does it mean one can/should offer walkthroughs, manuals, covers made by others? and if so, what would be the difference between that and screenshots and or old reviews?
You see, I have stored along the years quite some stuff, and just would not mind to share. I just need to understand what may be of interest for Abandonia... and or how should I pick the "right" stuff... so far not totally clear to me... (I mean, beyond what i've been doing, of course).

b) This way I should also ask, what about a cover image, which I lost trace where it came from, years ago, of Amazon? and the same happens with others, be them screenshots, reviews or walkthroughs (some old, some unidentified,)
Thanks

TotalAnarchy 24-11-2009 04:57 PM

Our policy is not to accept stuff taken from other sites. Material like walkthroughs, guides need special approvement from the author of those specific guides before being uploaded on AB.

Material like boxshots and manuals should not be taken from other sites, even more when talking about reviews and screens. These should be totally original, made by you.

Just think about it, how fast is your material uploaded? Very slow. Thus we aren't in a hurry, there is no need to upload stuff taken from somewhere else because it won't really improve Abandonia with much. If one possesses normal google skills, he can easily find boxshots or manuals uploaded somewhere else, not necessarily on AB. We primarily need material that is impossible to find on other sites.

Dragom 24-11-2009 06:12 PM

Now on FTP

The [APPROVED] boxshots
Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure
Callahans Crosstime Saloon
Centurion
Sting!
The Clue!
Clue: Master Detective
are...
:onftp:

Paco 24-11-2009 06:39 PM

@Dragom please upload Castle of Dr. Brain and Campaign too. Thank you.

Dragom 24-11-2009 07:29 PM

on ftp

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paco (Post 389256)
@Dragom please upload Castle of Dr. Brain and Campaign too. Thank you.

The [APPROVED] boxshots

Campaign
The Castle of Dr. Brain

are now...

Dragom 26-11-2009 06:14 PM

Offering more boxshots

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 389236)
Our policy is not to accept stuff taken from other sites. Material like walkthroughs, guides need special approvement from the author of those specific guides before being uploaded on AB.
Just think about it, how fast is your material uploaded? Very slow. Thus we aren't in a hurry, there is no need to upload stuff taken from somewhere else ...

Here some more boxshots:
Cruise for a Corpse (FD and CD)
Crime Time
Crime City
The Scroll
I. M. Meen
Dark Seed
Dark Seed II

As for the AB policy, it seems allright to me, but the more I dig on the site the more cases I find: manuals and walkthroughs taken from other sites.
It was the case I specified in my 1st note on this topic - contrary to AB policy - that made me re-ask questions, in first place. The substantial number of other cases, I've been seen meanwhile reinforces the logic of those doubts.
So, if there is any rush, it sure is not mine... (where is that idea coming from?) :wondering:

TotalAnarchy 27-11-2009 04:27 PM

Specifying which ones are taken and from which sites will make us investigate the respective cases, and if it's true the files will be removed from site. Any suspicion, complemented later with proof that your material is taken from somewhere else will force us to immediately remove yours too, so don't worry about it.

There's also one point to understand. Some files on the site were uploaded here with approval from the original author. This is the case mostly with some walkthroughs and guides.

TotalAnarchy 27-11-2009 06:04 PM

The boxshots you offered are [APPROVED] btw

Dragom 27-11-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 389493)
Specifying which ones are taken and from which sites will make us investigate the respective cases, and if it's true the files will be removed from site. Any suspicion, complemented later with proof that your material is taken from somewhere else will force us to immediately remove yours too, so don't worry about it.

There's also one point to understand. Some files on the site were uploaded here with approval from the original author. This is the case mostly with some walkthroughs and guides.

Nope I have no reasons to worry, but it looks like you are more worried with what I might do, than what was done already...
So there is no point anymore, no further comments.

Dragom 02-12-2009 08:47 AM

on FTP

The [APPROVED] boxshots

Cruise for a Corpse (FD and CD)
Crime Time
Crime City
The Scroll
I. M. Meen
Dark Seed
Dark Seed II

are now...

Saccade 06-12-2009 10:31 AM

Dragom...

Have you got that cool art book that came with Darkseed..?
I can't remember if it came with I or II, but it was a load of artwork from the game(s) and some stuff that wasn't used.

If you have one (as I think they came with special editions or something) I'd give you cookies for a copy :D

Dragom 09-12-2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccade (Post 390208)
Dragom...

Have you got that cool art book that came with Darkseed..?
I can't remember if it came with I or II, but it was a load of artwork from the game(s) and some stuff that wasn't used.

If you have one (as I think they came with special editions or something) I'd give you cookies for a copy :D

Sorting by importance:
a) I want the cookies now! :eeee:
b) I am not aware of what you are talking about - should I open the Darkseed II sealed box? - it is a nasty thing to ask, just because it is a trapezoidal box, and the jewelcase will drop and never stay anymore in the original spot unless I use glue! :eww:
c) The fact is that I am very curious now!, and I will need to know more about this "story".
d) My Darkseed (I) is just a jewelcase... sealed. I see no book there...
So, it seems that REGRETFULLY I have no right to any cookies! :wall:
But I will try to know better...
Thank you, anyway!

Saccade 18-03-2010 03:35 PM

Dragom recently contacted me regarding some things with the FTP:
<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------¬
Btw dude - you may notice that I am not staff here since I fucked the magazine up. ^
(well, really, Microsoft did. But I've forgiven them for that update even if my HDD hasn't...)
I don't mind answering your emails, but please note that I am unable to do anything here, like sort out your FTP stuff, anymore.

Quote:

--- On Thu, 18/3/10, <Dragom> wrote:

Subject: AB stuff
To: <Shithead>
Date: Thursday, 18 March, 2010, 12:33

Hi, Peter

How are you?
Sorry for bothering...
I was pleased - and even a bit amazed - for the many cover images on site. But it seems that the good impression didn't last much:
preparing myself to upload some more stuff, I went to the FTP to take a look at my folder: it just wasn't there...
Do you know, eventually what happened? In fact I could only see there a small bunch of folders and all belonging to staff members.

Thanks anyway
Best regards
Joao

--- On Thu, 18/3/10, <Shithead> wrote:

Subject: AB stuff
To: <Dragom>
Date: Thursday, 18 March, 2010, 16:38

Alright Joao mate,

Don't panic man! All your stuff is still there, it is just moved out of the public areas and has been filed slightly differently to the last time you accessed the FTP.

The FTP was recently reorganised due to being very, very messy.
All user folders were removed and the files (that AB use) are now organised for storage by game instead. To make sure AB staff know who submitted what, a file is inserted that states who uploaded them.
To upload them to the FTP, however, you still need to have a folder with your name on. So many people had folders on there who rarely used them - most containing some decent games that hadn't gone on site yet and had been sitting there for donkey's.

Don't you think it's better to have it organised by game rather than by person? I do.

The reason that the current folders are mostly staff is because it is mostly the staff who submit things to Abandonia.

I had created a folder using my AB username to upload something to the FTP. It is now empty, the file was moved to the staff areas of the FTP (to be put in the right place so it can be downloaded off the site); the folder has since been removed.
It keeps things tidier and facilitates things for the people who upload to the FTP server and those that have to do the work to get those things available for the people who download stuff.

If you want to upload some more of your collections, you'll have to notify one of the Abandonia staff through the forum > your offers thread.
Process is the same as always:

*You post in the forum that you have things to upload, listing them so they can be approved or whatever by one of the updaters who deals with that.
*When the games/extras/files have been approved, a folder will be sorted out for you to upload it all to.

Maybe you'll have to create it, but I'm unsure as to whether normal users can create things in the FTP's root directory.
You'll have to ask someone about that in the forums > your offers thread.

You know what I mean about that..?

I'll make a post in your offers thread to confirm a few things :)

Take it easy man - good to hear from you again.
Yours,
Pete

Anyway - I'm putting this here so you guys can see what I said, what he said, in case anyone searches the forums about this issue (that their folder has gone) and in case anyone wants to make a sticky post explaining how the new FTP system works and how the AB staff haven't deleted people's stuff.

[ed]
Oh, and Dragom! Don't open the box!!! :o
That is pretty good you have a sealed copy of the limited edition one. Awesome :rocks:
I think you have the book I meant now - the paperback one..? I think I remember you telling me you got hold of it.
Actually, now I think about it... It could've been given away at the game shops for going in and buying the game the day it came out and not included otherwise. A bit like they have the pre-order bonuses (that are usually pretty shit) for spending an extra £20 on a game.

Some gay statue or a lump of plasticy metal stuff and an extra skin or whatever.

I'd rather have a book or a poster or a T-shirt, like with Half Life 1&2, Thief: Deadly Shadows, Left 4 Dead and Adeptus Titanicus. That Titan comic is great!

The current time is 07:18 AM (GMT)