Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Search Forums:
Click here to use Advanced Search

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-10-2009, 09:39 AM   #1
Dragom
Game freak
 
Dragom's Avatar

 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 126
Default Dragom

Hi there,

I've quite some games stuff that might interest you.
As a newbie I am not yet moving at ease, here. Having a considerable collection I would be happy to share mainly box cove images and manuals (not to mention the very games). As for the screenshots, my problem is how to get them when it comes to pure DOS games...
I found not the game in title at Abandonia's list, as well as Louis Cat Orze, Chewy, Deja Vu II, Spacewrecked, etc...
Please let me know how to start doing this - if you see it might be relevant for Abandonia.
Thanks
Joao/Dragom
Dragom is offline                         Send a private message to Dragom
Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10
 
Paco's Avatar



 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Posts: 2,988
Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragom View Post
As a newbie I am not yet moving at ease, here. Having a considerable collection I would be happy to share mainly box cove images and manuals (not to mention the very games). As for the screenshots, my problem is how to get them when it comes to pure DOS games...
You can read here how to capture Screenshots with DosBox.

and make a List of Games, Extra, etc of which you want to submit, so TotalAnarchy can check them and eventually approve them and give you FTP-Access where you can upload to.
__________________
Legends will never die.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #3
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age
 
TotalAnarchy's Avatar



 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chisinau, Moldova, Republic of
Posts: 3,147
Default

Just to be clear. You post the titles you're offering in this thread. And I'll check them after that.
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy
Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 12:40 PM   #4
Dragom
Game freak
 
Dragom's Avatar

 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
Just to be clear. You post the titles you're offering in this thread. And I'll check them after that.
Well... I'm not sure if I'm getting it all:
This thread has already a name of a game. I have the game, I can provide the pdf manual and the box cover images.
As for the game itself, it is a CD: would you like to get an image (I usually pick Alcohol120).

Now: do you mean that I should/may use this thread for other games & stuff?

Thanks in advance
Dragom is offline                         Send a private message to Dragom
Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 12:53 PM   #5
Dragom
Game freak
 
Dragom's Avatar

 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco View Post
You can read here how to capture Screenshots with DosBox.

and make a List of Games, Extra, etc of which you want to submit, so TotalAnarchy can check them and eventually approve them and give you FTP-Access where you can upload to.
So, it is not a thred for each game...

Now, about screenshots:
a) I am not using DosBox - I usually have a computer for each system, or so... and the screen "thieves" I used do not work...or... I am not able to...
The amazing thing for some games is to be able to get screenshots with the Printscreen key when they run with Win98 or even XP!!!
b)actually there are disagreements about the "genuine" size of screenshots using DosBox and the PrintScreen key with Win98 in some games - this last one method get bigger/better images!

Any other idea to skip DosBox would be much appreciated.
Thanks anyway!
Joao
Dragom is offline                         Send a private message to Dragom
Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 12:55 PM   #6
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10
 
Paco's Avatar



 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Posts: 2,988
Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragom View Post
Well... I'm not sure if I'm getting it all:
This thread has already a name of a game. I have the game, I can provide the pdf manual and the box cover images.
As for the game itself, it is a CD: would you like to get an image (I usually pick Alcohol120).

Now: do you mean that I should/may use this thread for other games & stuff?

Thanks in advance
We have Touche already here, but we can use Manual and Boxshots. The CD can be put in ISO CELLAR.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragom View Post
So, it is not a thred for each game...
correct. That applied to Request but not here.
__________________
Legends will never die.

Check here for Maps i made

Last edited by Paco; 18-10-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 01:17 PM   #7
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age
 
TotalAnarchy's Avatar



 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chisinau, Moldova, Republic of
Posts: 3,147
Default

In this thread you'll be offering all the games you want to, not just one. The requests section is for requesting games you don't have. SInce you have screens of those game you created threads for in that section, I'm assuming you have the games too. Thus you are actually offering the games. Please post your list of offers in this thread.

PS: Though it's not completely wrong if you created a separate thread for each one in the Request section. This is how it was done in the past, when there wasn't an Offers subforum.
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy
Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 04:50 PM   #8
Dragom
Game freak
 
Dragom's Avatar

 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 126
Default An American Tail

Ok, let's try:
I have ready to upload the box cover images for An American Tail which I am attaching to this note.


PS
I am sorry - my search show nothing when if I use "Fifth Musketeer" instead of "5th..."
And I just looked at the Manual (multilingual!) - only the English section is finished on pdf - do you want it like that or do you prefer to wait for the complete stuff - which will take a few days at least...

Last edited by Paco; 18-10-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Dragom is offline                         Send a private message to Dragom
Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 04:59 PM   #9
Dragom
Game freak
 
Dragom's Avatar

 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 126
Default Ishido: The Way of Stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
In this thread you'll be offering all the games you want to, not just one. The requests section is for requesting games you don't have. SInce you have screens of those game you created threads for in that section, I'm assuming you have the games too. Thus you are actually offering the games. Please post your list of offers in this thread.


Here goes and another one...

Last edited by Paco; 18-10-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Dragom is offline                         Send a private message to Dragom
Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 05:09 PM   #10
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10
 
Paco's Avatar



 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Posts: 2,988
Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
Please post your list of offers in this thread.
You can post your Stuff over the FTP but not here. Just post a List of what you want to submit, like TA said. Please take a look in the Other Threads her to see how its done.

I will add your stuff you posted here on FTP.
__________________
Legends will never die.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump
 


The current time is 02:52 PM (GMT)

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.