Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Wolf (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=5472)

Sebatianos 07-06-2005 05:41 AM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Muad'Dib 07-06-2005 06:29 AM

I have problems with DOSbox. I cannot go further then the loading screen in Wolf; probably because of setting the cycles or something else wrong.

Eekhoorn 07-06-2005 07:17 AM

If you can add Lion too

the same game with slightly better graphics and with lions insteed of wolfs :)

You can download the game for free, but i forgot where...

Eekhoorn 07-06-2005 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Muad'Dib@Jun 7 2005, 06:29 AM
I have problems with DOSbox. I cannot go further then the loading screen in Wolf; probably because of setting the cycles or something else wrong.
Same with Lion
But if you wait several minutes (5 or so) the loading ends
I don't know how to speed it up though

walker 07-06-2005 11:04 AM

Hi, I think, that this is realy very, very good game. I played it for a long time. it is funy.

plague 07-06-2005 11:12 AM

This is pretty good and unique game... And I like wolves. ^_^

Glal 07-06-2005 11:43 AM

Excellent game, just wish it were the CD version. Finding CD versions of rather obscure games like this is nigh impossible, especially with a name as common as this. :tai:

Wolf'n'stein 07-06-2005 12:34 PM

Quote:

You have to wait for the music to stop. It will load for as long the music plays. There is no way to speed it up.

Guest 07-06-2005 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Eekhoorn@Jun 7 2005, 07:17 AM
If you can add Lion too

Yeah, Lion is a really awsome game... I haven't been able to find it anywhere though:(

Indignus IV 07-06-2005 12:59 PM

I think I saw Lions on Home of the Underdogs...

I saw the CD version of the game in the stores a few years ago, oddly enough...

And yes, at the load screen one has to be patient and wait for the music to stop. Maybe your problem is different, though....

NeVeR 07-06-2005 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Indignus IV@Jun 7 2005, 12:59 PM

And yes, at the load screen one has to be patient and wait for the music to stop. Maybe your problem is different, though....

Yep, I DLed Lion from Home of the underdogs.

However, it doesn't seem to have any sound or music :(

Does anyone have sounds for Lion, by any chance?

Doubler 07-06-2005 01:48 PM

Amazing game :blink:
I never heard of it before, what a pity.

Reminds me of a book I really love.

Eekhoorn 07-06-2005 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NeVeR+Jun 7 2005, 01:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NeVeR @ Jun 7 2005, 01:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Indignus IV@Jun 7 2005, 12:59 PM

Yep, I DLed Lion from Home of the underdogs.

However, it doesn't seem to have any sound or music :(

Does anyone have sounds for Lion, by any chance? [/b][/quote]
my version has no sound too and I can't save the game

wormpaul 07-06-2005 02:53 PM

Cool

Never heard of the game, but looks great :ok:

RituroErganesti 07-06-2005 02:57 PM

I have the CD version of "Lion" and played it quite a bit a few years ago; if "Wolf" is anything like it, this should be a really good game.

I'm glad to hear the hunters in "Wolf" have guns. :ok: The "Lion" hunters were native African tribesmen (Masai Warrior? sp?) with spears, and encountering one basically meant death. You're telling me a guy with a pointy stick and ceremonial robes can beat a rampaging male lion during mating season? Whatever. :not_ok:

Indignus IV 07-06-2005 03:04 PM

LOL

Guest 07-06-2005 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RituroErganesti@Jun 7 2005, 02:57 PM
I have the CD version of "Lion" and played it quite a bit a few years ago; if "Wolf" is anything like it, this should be a really good game.

I'm glad to hear the hunters in "Wolf" have guns. :ok: The "Lion" hunters were native African tribesmen (Masai Warrior? sp?) with spears, and encountering one basically meant death. You're telling me a guy with a pointy stick and ceremonial robes can beat a rampaging male lion during mating season? Whatever. :not_ok:

I recall you could also meet poachers in Lion.. with lots of guns!
The masai warrior was no big deal once you first learned how to hide in the bushes and attack at the right time... yeah, Lion was a great game :)

kiao 08-06-2005 06:33 AM

I know it isn't a smart question but I become very desparate with the game.

How can one hunt a prey? I chase the rabbit ( and moose ) round and round. I saw that in the demo, one just come close to the prey and the game will finish it. Did I misunderstand something?

By the way, thanks in advance. I really love wolf. :D

Spoonman 08-06-2005 07:14 AM

Allrighty then, this game looks really good and unique and I don't know it, jay! :w00t:

Sebatianos 08-06-2005 07:19 AM

So abandonia is fulfiling it's mission - brining great games back to life (and even reintroducing them to the public) :ok:

Eekhoorn 08-06-2005 08:25 AM

Quote:

I know it isn't a smart question but I become very desparate with the game.

How can one hunt a prey? I chase the rabbit ( and moose ) round and round. I saw that in the demo, one just come close to the prey and the game will finish it. Did I misunderstand something?

Just run till you get close (really close) and then click on the prey. It's easier if you walk (not run) behind them and let them run, after a while they'll get tired and you will be able to catch them pretty easy. Watch out with mooses, they can wound you...

PS: how do I control the rest of my pack?

mescaLEO 08-06-2005 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Eekhoorn@Jun 8 2005, 08:25 AM

PS: how do I control the rest of my pack?

I think you have to be an Alpha wolf.

Havell 08-06-2005 01:28 PM

With the hunting, when I catch up with my prey, I see the sequence where the wolf jumps up at the animal, but then it cuts out and I'm back looking at the normal world view and I'm still chasing the moose. Is there some button I have to hold down or something?

Indignus IV 08-06-2005 02:24 PM

Yeah, I've noticed that too. I believe when you jump at the moose and it isnt killed, that means you just wounded it. See the little bars on the side that go down? thats yours and the prey's health bars. I'm glad you guys really like this game! :D

Southernman 08-06-2005 03:14 PM

I downloaded Lions from Home of the Underdogs, First question, it gave me 20 unzip folders, which I assume are the 20 disks, I took the files that read lion-01, lion-02, and so on put them in a folder with the install and installed it, when I went to run the game, it would go to the screen that says Lions, then I'd hit enter and it wouldn't bring up a menu, just a black screen that would get just a little bit lighter. Did I not install it correctly? If not, then how do I install it correctly? or is the game not compatible with my system? (running XP)

Sebatianos 08-06-2005 03:32 PM

Very sorry for you Southernman - but maybe that question will be answered if we ever put Lion up. Abandonia doesn't have the game called LION (at least not yet). If you have a question about WOLF however you're welcome to ask!

Actually, if you make a thread in Troubleshooting you're allowed to ask about any games you like - Havell

Indignus IV 08-06-2005 06:57 PM

I hear that lion doesn't have sound. Will it work with vdmsound? If so, maybe I'll get it later and upload it. It would be good to put another animal sim on abandonia. :bye:

Eekhoorn 08-06-2005 07:44 PM

Quote:

I downloaded Lions from Home of the Underdogs, First question, it gave me 20 unzip folders, which I assume are the 20 disks, I took the files that read lion-01, lion-02, and so on put them in a folder with the install and installed it, when I went to run the game, it would go to the screen that says Lions, then I'd hit enter and it wouldn't bring up a menu, just a black screen that would get just a little bit lighter. Did I not install it correctly? If not, then how do I install it correctly? or is the game not compatible with my system? (running XP)
for Lion: I had problems with the game too. Fixed it but forgot how I did it, still no sound

for Wolf: try again till the moose dies a horrible death (but be careful: last time I atatcked a moose I nearly died)

Southernman 08-06-2005 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Eekhoorn@Jun 8 2005, 07:44 PM
Quote:

for Lion: I had problems with the game too. Fixed it but forgot how I did it, still no sound

for Wolf: try again till the moose dies a horrible death (but be careful: last time I atatcked a moose I nearly died)

Any help with Lion would be appreciated since I was shut out by the Sebastinos, a little help getting it running would really be apprecitated.

Sebatianos 08-06-2005 10:41 PM

You should check out this post in the forum.
But I think you'd need to register to do that.

Now please - if you haven't a question about Wolf do not repeat a Lion question here. This thread is to discus the game Wolf (sorry, but our site doesn't even have Lion).

Aramazon 09-06-2005 02:58 AM

:D Great game, are there any manuals or walkthroughs anywhere cause some things are kinda confusing, and it works for me in windows, cause i have ME, but when i try to run with both sound and music, it says it needs at least 600k. Anyone know what I can do? Also sometimes the sound stops working after a few mins. Any advice?

Spoonman 09-06-2005 12:55 PM

Does Wolf has any sound? I can hear music, but no sound fx though (which you'd think a game simulating a wolf can not do without)

Indignus IV 09-06-2005 01:00 PM

Great game, are there any manuals or walkthroughs anywhere cause some things are kinda confusing, and it works for me in windows, cause i have ME, but when i try to run with both sound and music, it says it needs at least 600k. Anyone know what I can do? Also sometimes the sound stops working after a few mins. Any advice? [quote]

Hmmm...what Windows system do you have? XP? I don't know, this is hard to fix. And by the way, Why would you want a walkthrough, its a simulation game. No real object :blink:

MacLeod 17-06-2005 01:07 AM

I have Lion on CD. I would love to upload it I just have no idea how to go about that. Anyone care to walk me through it?

Guest 17-06-2005 02:02 AM

Does anybody have a link to a dosbox tutorial?
Im trying to run this game but i cant do it without DOSbox and i forgot how to run dosbox. :angry:
I remember seeing a tutorial on how to run it on this site one day...dont remember what game though. *cries*

A. J. Raffles 17-06-2005 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest@Jun 17 2005, 02:02 AM
Anubis wrote a very nice DOSBox tutorial: http://www.abandonia.com/main.php?nav=index&FAQ=1:)

Ryntha 09-07-2005 06:26 AM

Hi, just wondering how you mate? I mean, I know how to take care of pups (saw it in the demo) and stuff, but I don't know which season is mating season or how you get the alpha female to mate you (yes I know you have to be the alpha male). I assume it's spring, so I set the simulation to spring and keep on clicking on the alpha female then click 'do you want to mate - yes'. The female just keeps raising her tail and running away, which is really annoying. So just wondering...did I get the mating season wrong or is it near impossible to mate or..what? Confused here.

Guest_Fox 11-07-2005 07:38 PM

Hi everyone, I don't know if anyone still reads this thread but there you go, I've decided, because of some confusion on my part and others, to write a quick start tutorial here for you. Three Sections.

Getting Started:

First of All, download and unzip the game to C;\WOLF and then download DOSBOX. Most modern computers no longer support Sound Blaster, so you may have to check where your sound card is, but Dosbox usually does the settings for you.

So go ahead and open DOSBox. (After it's installed of course). Now type in mount c C:\ (Or the location of your main hard drive where you put the WOLF directory)
Type c:
Now type cd\WOLF
then setup.exe

Go through that, For my computer I selected Sound Source then Sound Blaster for music.

Once you exit, type WOLF.exe

You should now be full speed ahead with music and sound.

FAQ.

Q:I can't hear any sound!
A: Check your volume first of all, thats the basic thing to do. But if not, try both SOund Blaster and Sound Source. Sound Source should work with dosbox.

Q:I can't hear music!
A: Really? Turn up your volume. By default, DOSBox will usually assign to the old DOS MIDI system, make sure you select Sound Blaster, that works for me, try different card selections.

Q:How do you mate??
A: You really wanna see these Wolves shag, huh? Well it takes a lot of effort to do this, you basically need to stick to your female alpha wolf, catch pray for her, find water for her and keep her alive basically, and when mating time comes, it'll happen. Watch for her sleeping nearer you and walking nearer to you and stuff. If you see these signs, click on her and see if she wants to mate by selecting Yes.

Q:I can't catch prey!
A: You will at first not know how to do this. You use your senses to smell and hear prey, and you'll see it if you follow these senses, but it'll run away, and you'll chase it, but you won't catch it. You have to click on it for something to happen, this initiates the wolf attack. Try clicking a few times, you will kill it easily if your endurace guage is full(ish).

Q:What are the buttons in the challenge mode?
A:The Red is for attack, the Blue is for Defense, and Yellow is run away. That's as far as I can see anyway.

I hope this helps you p[eople, does anyone know where I can find the survival manual anywhere without buying the game?

Arabeska 12-07-2005 10:35 AM

I hate my dosbox, "wolf" runs so slowly... and music is bad :tai: Hm, who knows where can i get the clear DOS? I want to play "wolf" clearly. Dosbox sux :not_ok:

Guest_Fox 12-07-2005 07:08 PM

Dosbox is Dos, with a few bugs, the fullscreen is buggered.

Question, what is the animal that makes that god awful SKREEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEWWWWK!!!!!! sound?

Indignus IV 14-07-2005 01:22 PM

Eagle? I don't know.

@MacLeod:

If you have Lion on disk, of course upload it! (It would be better than going to HOTU and filching it off of them)

Did you figure out how to upload it already? If not, send a pm to Kosta or I think Tom and they will show you how to upload.

daskallu 18-07-2005 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RituroErganesti@Jun 7 2005, 02:57 PM

[size=1]Can anybody send me Lion to my email adress (daskallu@yahoo.co.uk). I allready have it but it doesn't work. AT LEAST UPLOAD THE LION.EXE file and send it to me. PLEASE!

By the way, how can I, in Wolf, chose to be a lone wolf(I read somewere that you can).

AT LEAST UPLOAD THE LION.EXE file and send it to me. PLEASE! (daskallu@yahoo.co.uk)
AT LEAST UPLOAD THE LION.EXE file and send it to me. PLEASE! (daskallu@yahoo.co.uk)
AT LEAST UPLOAD THE LION.EXE file and send it to me. PLEASE!
(daskallu@yahoo.co.uk)

A. J. Raffles 18-07-2005 02:32 PM

I'm afraid shouting and posting your request several times over won't get you anywhere, daskallu, and Abandonia isn't about exchanging games either. Why don't you make a post about Lion in the Requests forum? If somebody owns the original game and somebody is willing to write a review and take screenshots, the game will be added to the site. Provided it's abandonware, of course.

__candy___girl2__ 18-07-2005 10:58 PM

Just wondering if Wolf works on newer comps. I just wanted to ask before i install it?? :blink:

__candy___girl2__ 18-07-2005 11:05 PM

Hullo?? anyone here? i would really like sum help! :cry:

lethe 19-07-2005 01:05 AM

It works in dosbox, as the sign http://www.abandonia.com/games/531/W...ble_dosbox.gif located in the game's page mentions.

Sebatianos 19-07-2005 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by __candy___girl2__@Jul 19 2005, 12:58 AM
Just wondering if Wolf works on newer comps. I just wanted to ask before i install it?? :blink:
Yet again...

You don't need to install the game. Most of the games on Abandonia (this one is no exception) are pre-perared.
You simply need to download it and extract the zipped file.

The age of a computer has got nothing to do with it. You can have a completely new computer - with a very old operating system on it (operating systems are DOS, Windows 9x, WinXP, Linux,...).
To see if it works on such systems look for the compatibility (if it's compatible it works). There are some programes that help you out. The bext one is DOSBox - you download that program (and learn how to use it) and every game downloadable on abandonia will work on your computer!

lethe 19-07-2005 03:50 PM

Any idea what that mist sign means?

(Obvious answer would be mist, but that would be way too obvious and wouldn't make sense).

Also didn't get the pointers about dogs, and since I play without sound (only music works), I don't really understand the sound signs that somehow appear in the corners.

Sebatianos 19-07-2005 03:53 PM

That means that those sounds can be heard from that direction. If you hear (let's say) dogs from the bottom right - that means that there are dogs there (probably hunting dogs accompanied by hunters with guns) or you're really close to a house that has a dog (but that's highly unlikely).

lethe 19-07-2005 10:45 PM

What means exactly a day in the game?

1 day?
1 week?
1 month?
1 season?

The manual isn't that much of a help, and I don't have enough time to find out the game by myself :whistle:

takashi 19-07-2005 11:39 PM

:help: i need help i am trying to install wolf but there is no install in the directory
help

lethe 20-07-2005 12:07 AM

Extract the game alone. No need to install.

Guest 20-07-2005 01:35 AM

:help: i meant on dos i cant thes no install directory and without dos it still wont let me run it :help:

A. J. Raffles 20-07-2005 05:55 AM

Are you sure you have set up DOSBox properly? If not, Anubis' Tutorial will tell you what to do. You don't need to install the game at all, just extract it to the right folder.

takashi 20-07-2005 12:36 PM

:help: it is setup correctly is thier somthing i type after i type cd wolf :help:

A. J. Raffles 20-07-2005 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by takashi@Jul 20 2005, 12:36 PM
:help: it is setup correctly is thier somthing i type after i type cd wolf :help:
Erm, yes, there is. It's 'Wolf', amazingly enough.;)

takashi 20-07-2005 02:33 PM

:help: ahhhhhhhhhhh it doesnt work sob :cry:

takashi 20-07-2005 02:35 PM

:help: it says illegal command:wolf :cry:

A. J. Raffles 20-07-2005 02:49 PM

In that case there's either something wrong with the archive or you haven't set it up properly. I just tried it and it worked fine for me. So you might try downloading the game again and see if it works.

BlueFox 25-07-2005 08:05 PM

*sigh*

If you look, Guest Fox (Me, before I registered) posted a tutorial on how to get wolf running. Browse through posts before posting.

¬_¬

To hunt, chase animals, and then when they go off screen, use your sight and smell to find them again, and chase them again. After about three or four times they'll get tired and you'll be able to kill 'em.

Pwn3d.

And if you look to the banner at the bottom, the sun goes down and the moon comes up. When you get those cutscnenes where the sky turns dark then the actual screen starts to go dark, thats night, and when it gets light again, thats day, and thats one day over.

Time is compressed, I do't know if it's possible to make it real time, that'd be insane though..

I guess you could go into some of the config files and change Time compression, it'd be a ratio like 1:8000 or something, change it to 1:1.

I dont know, try it out :)

Guest 28-07-2005 12:49 AM

ro/zmin: this game rulz! i can't belive u guys still kill urself bout playing it. good job abandonia!! ;)

Innoko 02-08-2005 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest_Fox@Jul 11 2005, 07:38 PM
So go ahead and open DOSBox. (After it's installed of course). Now type in mount c C:\ (Or the location of your main hard drive where you put the WOLF directory)
Type c:
Now type cd\WOLF
then setup.exe

In response to Guest_Fox's explanatory post...

I get that far fine, but when I type 'Setup.exe' DOSBox responds:
"Current mounted drives are:
Drive C is mounted as local directory c:\
Drive Z is mounted a Internal Virtual Drive"

I've probably done something wrong somewhere along the line, I don't know much about this stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated--I found Wolf a few years ago and was really excited to play it but my WinXP machines keep giving me trouble.

Sebatianos 02-08-2005 05:26 PM

As far as I remembe you don't have to run setup. Just run Wolf!
You may mount the CD drive (just in case) mount d X(your CD drive):\ -tcdrom

BlueFox 06-08-2005 06:14 PM

setup.exe lets you set up your sound configuration, Seb. True, you can just run Wolf and maybe the sound will work, but its sometimes better to double check these things.

remember and type c: after mounting the drive

commanderkeen 14-08-2005 12:28 AM

Why do you bother to run dosbox?
My fastest computer has managed to run all but 2 of hunderds of dos games I have(shareware,Abandonianware etc)

Sure,Its a P3 450Mhz thing with Graphics drivers copywright 1989(I updated them but weren't dos compatible so I went back to the old ones which work better with windows too really)

I have never had sound issues of any kind.Come on! just get old drivers,a 32bit computer,Win98 and a slower computer.

Does nobody not have a P4?

Sebatianos 14-08-2005 08:33 AM

Why bother with doing all that to your computer and spending a lot of money? You download DOSBox, type 3 commands in the cfg file and everything runs perfectly - it's much easier then making the entire computer DOS compatible :tease:

Sebatianos 14-08-2005 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BlueFox@Aug 6 2005, 08:14 PM
setup.exe lets you set up your sound configuration, Seb. True, you can just run Wolf and maybe the sound will work, but its sometimes better to double check these things.
Well that's what we do here, so you wouldn't have too! :max: Sometimes running setups and configs only makes things worse (because the games have some old copyprotections that are disabled, but will apeare again if you run setup or install again).

Sorry for the double post guys.

commanderkeen 14-08-2005 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sebatianos@Aug 14 2005, 08:33 AM
Why bother with doing all that to your computer and spending a lot of money? You download DOSBox, type 3 commands in the cfg file and everything runs perfectly - it's much easier then making the entire computer DOS compatible :tease:
Quote:

Why bother with doing all that to your computer and spending a lot of money? You download DOSBox, type 3 commands in the cfg file and everything runs perfectly - it's much easier then making the entire computer DOS compatible* :tease:
My computer was like that when it was bought.I didn't spend a cent.
The not working without dosbox list is now up to 3:
1 jazz jackrabbit
2 alley cat(8 bit)
3 wolf (needs 600K conventional memory(dos hogs it))
Now I have to move wolf to my laptop via floppies and it has no winzip!(nooo!!!)

Guest_balacay 20-08-2005 10:22 AM

cool game sebastianos! but I think I saw somewhere that you can be a lone wolf I's that true?

more animal simulation games sebastianos, MORE! If you have the game LION (same as wolf), and it works please upload the EXE file and send it to daskallu@yahoo.co.uk or dascalu8@hotmail.com.

:ok: :ok: :ok:

PrejudiceSucks 20-08-2005 02:40 PM

It's on HOTU.

milky 23-08-2005 08:30 AM

i am having trouble starting the game on DOSBOX i enter in all that the tutorial by guestfox says and it says that setup.exe doesn't exist or something like that
what did i do wrong?

Sebatianos 23-08-2005 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest_balacay@Aug 20 2005, 12:22 PM
cool game sebastianos! but I think I saw somewhere that you can be a lone wolf I's that true?

more animal simulation games sebastianos, MORE! If you have the game LION (same as wolf), and it works please upload the EXE file and send it to daskallu@yahoo.co.uk or dascalu8@hotmail.com.

:ok: :ok: :ok:

Thank you, but the credit shouldn't go to me. I just updated the game once the review was done. That's the real work (and it was done by Indignus IV).

I'll try to find the LION game. I guess there are quite a few people that would be interested in reviewing it :D

Dat 03-09-2005 09:57 PM

Do you need to have a floppy drive? Cause when I try to install it the game says to place the game in :A or :B

my mom is getting us a new computer and I was wonderring if you would recomend any thing?

:blink:

Sebatianos 03-09-2005 10:55 PM

Well if you would wish to install the game - you couldn't install it on the same drive you have it on...
But YOU DON'T NEED TO INSTALL IT. Just download and extract the game (if you have any troubl still - use >>DOSBox<< :ok:

win98 03-09-2005 11:14 PM

wolf rules

Dat 04-09-2005 02:29 AM

Thank you so much it works perfectly now I just had to read the dosbox thing thank you. I have been searching for a game with actual wolves for a long time thank you!!!!!!!!!!!! :ok: :D

Botts 14-09-2005 08:54 PM

How do you install this game?

A. J. Raffles 14-09-2005 08:57 PM

You don't need to install it. Just run it in DOSBox.

Guest 09-10-2005 02:49 AM

LINK REMOVED! The site that was given here was (and probably still is) leaching from the HOTU and it even demands money for it!

That's Lion.

I'm not sure which one to try, though I'll probably stick with Wolf. :)

evilmacciefromgermany 09-10-2005 02:15 PM

I'll try Lion,, perhaps it runs on my PC, Wolf doesn't. (You caa get it for free at Hotu, if you can find the time for the slow download :whistle:)

dark 22-10-2005 10:37 PM

Nobody knows how to be a lone wolf? The description here at abandonia says you can but I can't find the option anywhere.

A. J. Raffles 22-10-2005 11:08 PM

Indignus might know, but he hasn't been on in a while. Busy with school, I think.

dark 06-11-2005 08:30 PM

I guess attacking cows is a bad thing, the instant it fell I had 3 humans with guns appear out of friggin nowhere and kill me. Did they really have personal teleporters back then?

alexi 12-11-2005 05:24 PM

I need little help with DOSbox..
I managed to mount my C drive but I can´t open the game because I can find my folders. step by step walkthrough would be best help...

A. J. Raffles 12-11-2005 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by alexi@Nov 12 2005, 06:24 PM
I need little help with DOSbox..
I managed to mount my C drive but I can´t open the game because I can find my folders. step by step walkthrough would be best help...

You mean you can't remember where you unzipped the archive to?:huh: It should be inside the CDrive folder of DOSBox. To start it, just start DOSBox and change to the correct directory (presumably C: WOLF).

Guest 14-11-2005 02:18 AM

On Abandonia, two things that are really important... I want to download Wolf for one but the link doesn't go anywhere, it says that it's loading to download.php, but when it is done loading it's pure white, nothing there and when I right click the link to download the words about open link and open link in new window aren't available... I can't download it. Why? ALso, could you add Lion? It soudns like it's really awesome also. Thanks.

-Flame A. R. Wolf. (net name, not real one of course)

Guest 14-11-2005 02:58 AM

Also, where do you get Lion otherwise? This one place has Wolf, Lion, and Fading Footsteps which is cruddier version of Wolf, they say it's free, then they want to charge you for it and I can't spend money on the Internet so I was wondering if you guys knew where to get any of those games, because this site only has Wolf and there isn't a page to doiwnload it from because the link doesn't work and I feel silly for repeating myself so please forgive me.

-Flame A. R. Wolf

Guest 14-11-2005 03:16 AM

I now have a better question, where is HOTU?

A. J. Raffles 14-11-2005 07:47 AM

Assuming you're the same guest:
1. As you can see from the main page, we're having server problems at the moment, so you can't download anything right now. They're trying to fix it as soon as possible, obviously.
2. That site you found is almost certainly a warez site. As far as I know there's no "respectable" site that has Lion, and the others we're not supposed to discuss.
3. HOTU is short for Home of the Underdogs - look for them -->HERE<--

Guest 14-11-2005 09:37 AM

Hello. I just began playing wolf. I have always wanted to pure predator sim like this. Anyhow, I am having some trouble. I can't even pass the first scenario, which is find water within 12 hours.

Do any of your senses reveal water to you? I run all over the map for the 12 hours before eventually dying.

Hearing doesn't seem to do anything at all.
Seeing has never revealed any water to me... just lots of humans and rabbits, etc.
Smelling... still no water.

Any help is appreciated. I just wander and never manage to find a river.

Guest 15-11-2005 01:25 AM

Thanks, AJ. The one about HOTU was me. I forgot to sign... Thanks because I was really confused there...

-Flame A. R. Wolf

James Green 25-11-2005 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest@Nov 14 2005, 10:37 AM
Hello. I just began playing wolf. I have always wanted to pure predator sim like this. Anyhow, I am having some trouble. I can't even pass the first scenario, which is find water within 12 hours.

Do any of your senses reveal water to you? I run all over the map for the 12 hours before eventually dying.

Hearing doesn't seem to do anything at all.
Seeing has never revealed any water to me... just lots of humans and rabbits, etc.
Smelling... still no water.

Any help is appreciated. I just wander and never manage to find a river.

What I do is press M for Map location which shows how far you are from a lake or your Den and to find it just go to the direction the game shows.

Hope that helps :cheers:

Guest 03-12-2005 10:38 PM

Okay, i see a lot of problems with the wolf and lions loading. All you have to do is wait. Adi=ding more cycles WILL NOT WORK! However, this WILL help the mouse speed and lagging, 4500 or 5000 cycles should do it. TY and enjoy playing wolf. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Guest_Fox 04-12-2005 05:28 PM

I'll post this once and once only ofr all you stupid individuals out there who don't bother to read this thread before posting omg help meee.

YOU DON'T NEED TO INSTALL THE GAME, YOU ONLY INSTALL WOLF AND FOLLOW MY GUIDELINES A FEW PAGES BACK.

Thanks you, carry on.

Guest 04-12-2005 05:29 PM

Install DOSBOX*

Trust me to make a typo in my unadulterated rage.

^^;

Blank_box 05-12-2005 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest_Fox@Dec 4 2005, 06:28 PM
I'll post this once and once only ofr all you stupid individuals out there who don't bother to read this thread before posting omg help meee.

YOU DON'T NEED TO INSTALL THE GAME, YOU ONLY INSTALL WOLF AND FOLLOW MY GUIDELINES A FEW PAGES BACK.

Thanks you, carry on.

Calmdown... to deal with these guys "patience" is the only thing you need.

I can only bring it back here... hope some one shall eye on it this time

Quote:

Hi everyone, I don't know if anyone still reads this thread but there you go, I've decided, because of some confusion on my part and others, to write a quick start tutorial here for you. Three Sections.

Getting Started:

First of All, download and unzip the game to C;\WOLF and then download DOSBOX. Most modern computers no longer support Sound Blaster, so you may have to check where your sound card is, but Dosbox usually does the settings for you.

Type c:
Now type cd\WOLF
then setup.exe

Go through that, For my computer I selected Sound Source then Sound Blaster for music.

FAQ.

A: Check your volume first of all, thats the basic thing to do. But if not, try both SOund Blaster and Sound Source. Sound Source should work with dosbox.

A: Really? Turn up your volume. By default, DOSBox will usually assign to the old DOS MIDI system, make sure you select Sound Blaster, that works for me, try different card selections.

A: You really wanna see these Wolves shag, huh? Well it takes a lot of effort to do this, you basically need to stick to your female alpha wolf, catch pray for her, find water for her and keep her alive basically, and when mating time comes, it'll happen. Watch for her sleeping nearer you and walking nearer to you and stuff. If you see these signs, click on her and see if she wants to mate by selecting Yes.

A: You will at first not know how to do this. You use your senses to smell and hear prey, and you'll see it if you follow these senses, but it'll run away, and you'll chase it, but you won't catch it. You have to click on it for something to happen, this initiates the wolf attack. Try clicking a few times, you will kill it easily if your endurace guage is full(ish).

A:The Red is for attack, the Blue is for Defense, and Yellow is run away. That's as far as I can see anyway.

I hope this helps you p[eople, does anyone know where I can find the survival manual anywhere without buying the game?

Carry on, then... :bye:

Guest 11-12-2005 02:29 PM

Hey. Wolf looks awesome but, whenever I set up DOSbox and change the Z to C, when I acually run it, the drives still Z. Any help?

Dolly 03-01-2006 09:39 PM

Dear Abandonia!

I was looking for this game since it was RELEASED! Yes, I was waiting more
than a decade! I read about it in 94' in a hungarian PC magazine, but
unfortunatly the game itself never arrived to the shops... After a while I
forgot it, and a couple of months ago it came to my mind...what if I can find it
on the net? And here is it!!! I LOVE it! I ADORE it! I am a big animal fun, and
I find this game quite realistic. I wonder if there are some more animal sims somewhere? (I already know about the Lion) I was wondering why don't they make some new ones? With the modern 3D graphics they would be awesome!

But this game was the very best X-mas present for me!
I really can't thank you, guys! You really made my new year! :kosta:

Dolly :bye:
(a big Wolf fan from Hungary ;) )

punch999 06-01-2006 01:05 AM

Glad your happy :)

Godz 06-01-2006 05:59 PM

dumb question but how do you SAVE and LOAD games?

WaAn 06-01-2006 06:38 PM

Not so stupid question, Godz - it's tricky.
While playing, press space. Then, using your mouse, move the cursor between your mouth and the wolf pack. You will find a new menu - options. Then, select "Save as" and type in the name. Done.
To load, enter "Simulation" or "Scenario" from the main menu. There will be a new icon of a floppy disc. Press it and you've just loaded the game! :ok:

OMG! I'm a forum hobbit now! :max:

meep 17-01-2006 12:45 AM

bear with my please, i'm only 13...

I downloaded Lion from underdogs....I unziped it, opened the file, i clicked on what looked like the setup thing. I pressed enter twice, then it says to please enter a disc? I'm confused. So I go to download dosbox, how do you install it? All the different types I just downloaded have nothing that looks like a setup. How do you run it? Please help me!!!! :wall:

Guest 17-01-2006 01:40 AM

oh nevermind i got it....well not exactly, i got the wolf running. How do you run Lion? Also what are the controls for Wolf? I'm very confused of all the little pictures..... :Titan:

guest G 22-01-2006 06:52 PM

I noticed this question before, but it got no answer: in the review it says you can play as lone wolf. can you? how?

not that it would matter much, since i die at the beginning scenario. However, there I have been able to find water, but then couldnt reach it. Thats my next question: do you hear/see/smell/know things off the map? It's kind off annoying to stand 1/4th screen from water and not being able to drink

guest G 22-01-2006 06:57 PM

what I forgot to add.... before this thread turns completely in 'how to work dosbox' or 'when can i play lion'.....

any usefull hints or tips?

meep 24-01-2006 09:21 PM

ooo I figured out alot of things! Hears some tips

H is hear
N is smell
S is see
D is drink(you got to be standing in the water first)
E is eat(got to stand next to a carcass)
L is sleep
B is bark

Thats all I know right now. If theres anymore please tell. Also, how do you make the dos box window larger? Right now its really REALLLY small, I want it bigger plz! And I want to be a lone wolf! And how do you setup Lion!? I have it downloaded, but I don't know what to do next. FAQ please! :Brain:

Master MC 24-01-2006 09:33 PM

I think F1 gives a menu with a lot of useful commands in Wolf.
What do you mean with small? Are you already maximized (Alt + Enter)?
No idea about Lion.

meep 25-01-2006 11:58 PM

yay! Now its fullscreen! hmmm.....I want to be a lone wolf and start my own pack......is that possible?

Thankyou

Master MC 26-01-2006 11:47 AM

Wolf is a fun game... but I'm not such a good player. It's probably possible, in the later levels. I don't think the game lasts that long to mate and get children. I think you should beat the Alpha male to become the troop leader.

littleshadow 06-02-2006 01:27 AM

hi wolf is cool but having trouble in the artic scenario find the den, i keep dying running out of time or dying of thirst so i was just wondering is there a walkthrough or some help i can get

Sebatianos 06-02-2006 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by meep@Jan 25 2006, 12:21 AM
And how do you setup Lion!? I have it downloaded, but I don't know what to do next. FAQ please! :Brain:
This is about WOLF we're not hosting Lion - so go ask whereever you got it from. When we'll host Lion we'll care, until then - stop asking such questions (there were other's who asked and all of them were just wasting the time).

Ardaric 06-02-2006 05:15 PM

Very good game

littleshadow 06-02-2006 09:41 PM

hi ppl still having problems with the first senario find the den in wolf can anyone help please

littleshadow 07-02-2006 10:59 AM

this site has how u mate as a male but how r u able to mat as a female wolf and not a male? :help:

littleshadow 20-02-2006 12:11 PM

hi all, just like to say that im still having problems with the mating thing and i cant seem to get any wolf cubs or to a point where the other wolves have cubs so could someone help please

.WolfBlade. 24-02-2006 01:53 PM

Sometimes people amaze me. I will share what little knowledge I have on this awesome game.

You find water using M (Or map) and it'll show you the paces and stuff. Just follow. That's how I keep myself alive. The Map also shows you carcasses and the way to your den. Or some den. I never heard of being a lone wolf before. Only saw lone wolves in the game that did nothing at all :crazy:

I wish DOSBox would run Lion as I can't get PureDOS but ah well. I have Wolf. Can't they make an updated version without making it horrible like some games? I heard there was a new one released.

balacay 26-02-2006 02:26 PM

For those who don't know how to mate...........

If you guys where watching Animal Planet, you whould probably discover that you need to be the alpha female or alpha male.
and there are diferent breeding seasons according to the region:
1. in the temperate region you have the whole winter to mate
2. in the arctic you have the first two weeks of spring
3. in the plains I think it's the whole summer

But don't forget that in the mating season, if you are the male you need to keep very close to the alpha female, sleep very close to her, and after 1 week you can try mating with her.
If you're the female, the alpha male while stay close to you, and he will try then to mate with you.

ONLY THE ALPHA PAIR MAY MATE!!!!!!!

Guest 27-02-2006 04:14 AM

How many days last a month, because I really want to try mating...I tried everything, every little trick.... And I wasn't able to do it...Can some1 show me the true way to do it or show a picture of it to be sure that we can?

Oh, And I found the manual....It is impossible to be a lone wolf. If your pack die, you will be a lone wolf, but I don't think you will be able to make another pack.......

My email is pleasedon't@spamthis.com , plz send any reply about mating there. DO NOT SPAM IT! Thx. Or answer here.

P.s. I know, I should make an account....tomorrow...

Guest 05-03-2006 11:19 AM

How do I install Wolf?

Guest 05-03-2006 09:08 PM

Hello, I need help I stay with the female all the time, but she leaves me every morning and after she eats or drinks. I try to to stay with her every day and night but every time i try she will not mate. Can I be a female and mate too? Sorry for all the qquestions.

Kumasaka 15-04-2006 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lethe@Jul 19 2005, 03:50 PM
Any idea what that mist sign means?

(Obvious answer would be mist, but that would be way too obvious and wouldn't make sense).

You've probably already figured it out, but just in case - if you're on about the mist symbol when you're using your eyesight, it isn't mist. It's a helecopter. Probably filled with hunters. I determined this during the "Find Water" senario when looking carefully at it. I was then shot, which then caused me to loose the senario...

Quote:

How do I install Wolf?
No need to install, just unpack the game into a folder.

Quote:

How many days last a month, because I really want to try mating...I tried everything, every little trick.... And I wasn't able to do it...Can some1 show me the true way to do it or show a picture of it to be sure that we can?
I've no idea how many days a month is in the game, I've been messing around to understand more about the sences. However, about mating - you basicaly need to help your mate to survive, stay near her, hunt food for her, etc. As mentioned before, watch for things like her sleeping closer to you at night. When you think she's ready, click on her and choose yes at the dialog. Also make sure that you are an alpha wolf, as only alpha wolfs can mate.

Quote:

Hello, I need help I stay with the female all the time, but she leaves me every morning and after she eats or drinks. I try to to stay with her every day and night but every time i try she will not mate. Can I be a female and mate too? Sorry for all the qquestions.
Just do your best to stay with her. It takes time and patience. As for your second question, I beleve so. Try it out. I will at some point (after I get my entire pack killed just to be a lone wolf....what? :whistle:)

Guest 15-04-2006 05:04 PM

Something I forgot to add to my previous message - is there any difference between the wolf.exe and the w.exe files?

Guest 16-04-2006 11:42 AM

just one question how do u complete the find water senario because i follow the water icon thing but i die before i get ther from dehydraytion so any hints or tricks i need to know

Guest 25-04-2006 10:51 PM

Quote:

just one question how do u complete the find water senario because i follow the water icon thing but i die before i get ther from dehydraytion so any hints or tricks i need to know
Are you running? Running decreases your water and food meters much faster than walking or trotting.

Guest 07-05-2006 05:25 AM

k so when i try to install it asks to put in a CD...but i downloaded it? and if i run it the black box pops up then goes away and nothing happens :(

The Fifth Horseman 08-05-2006 01:06 PM

Answer is obvious. This game is not compatible with Windows, and needs DosBox or true DOS OS to run.
If you took notice of the "Compatibility" line at the top of the game page, before the review, you'd notice the icons.

Guest 15-05-2006 10:33 PM

is there any way to kill humans? i try to sneek up one one without a gun, but someone with a gun always appears and shoots me. :wall: ive ryed sneeking up all the way (dosent work) sneeking then sprinting (dosent work), and just sprinting (dosent work).
Any one managed to kill one?

Amy 18-05-2006 06:42 PM

[b] Still cant get to grips with the breeding tho... wens the best time?

U-Boat Commander David 18-05-2006 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest@May 15 2006, 10:33 PM
is there any way to kill humans? i try to sneek up one one without a gun, but someone with a gun always appears and shoots me. :wall: ive ryed sneeking up all the way (dosent work) sneeking then sprinting (dosent work), and just sprinting (dosent work).
Any one managed to kill one?

It would be cool to kill them, but i guess they didn't made it possible for some Sh!t like "Good Taste". Nobody needs taste in games. :not_ok:

But anyway, i don't give a F*** for Humans... LOL

ninanai 21-05-2006 04:22 AM

My friend used to have Wolf years ago, but her copy of it came with a soundtrack CD as well. The CD had orchestrated versions of the songs in the game. It was awesome, but I can't find it ANYWHERE. I've been looking all over, for what seems like forever! Heh, maybe this was kind of off topic, but it does relate to "Wolf"...

CrusaderXS 28-05-2006 08:33 PM

Very good game... :ok:

Nevhkah 19-06-2006 01:53 AM

I've gotten my wolves to mate the traditional way, but I've also discovered a little trick (still needs more testing, especially in other environments and with different pack sizes).

-Start a simulation game in the timber region.
-Start the simulation in autumn.
-Including your own wolf, make sure your pack consists of no more than three members.
-Play a female wolf** (and become alpha female before autumn ends).

In the timber region, mating season begins in early winter; play through autumn, but stick close to the alpha male until winter arrives. On the first day of winter, the male should automatically initiate mating.

Again, I've yet to play with larger pack sizes-- an important variable since the the traditional mating strategy requires that the alpha male and female be alone.

**I actually had a female initiate mating once, but that was waaaay back in '97 (insert memory failure here). I was an alpha male, and my pack had 6 members. More testing, yes? I'll get around to it someday. :omg2:

Hope that helps.

--Nevhkah

Megiras 24-06-2006 09:29 PM

It´s not true that the lone wolves around the map do nothing :O
Once I got Stalker,my Alpha male killed ,(I was the Alpha female and there were no more males in my pack) and then suddenly one of the lone wolves around the map (one called Surge) became alpha!

Guest 28-06-2006 05:59 PM

Very nice game, i heard about this years ago but was never able to find it. And since wolves are my favorite animals i was always looking forward to playing it, But can somebody please help me with a slight problem I'm having with the sound.

the sound seems really distorted and slow, which is a shame since the music sounds like it would be very good when it was playing properly, is this just because i'm using DosBox to run it? or is there something i can do to fix it. Sorry but its my first time using DosBox so I'm still pretty new to this.

Thanks in advance for any help anybody can provide.

Guest 29-06-2006 10:20 PM

Help please!! Ok I downloaded that box thing and now what do I do?

The Fifth Horseman 30-06-2006 01:43 PM

Read the readme, of course.
And go to dosbox.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php? for an in-depth FAQ.

Final Fantasy X-2 19-07-2006 05:12 PM

Just 1 thing:Does the season changes when you're playing in Endless mode???I've been playing for hours; my wolves get older, but the season doesn't change!!!!hlp plz!!!

sunwife 24-07-2006 10:46 PM

Just forgot:GREAT GAME!!!It would be even greater if there were any version with some more features and stuff...

(MUAHAHAHAH registered now!!!!!) >:)

Concerned 05-08-2006 11:09 PM

:sos: I tried installing this DOS box then wolf I put wolf on my disctop and unzip and run the exe called wolf and Nvidia says it is preventing from runing cuse it will make my setting low. I realy wanted to tri this game but I dont know whats wrong

Guest 06-08-2006 05:43 PM

:rifle: :sos: never mind I figured it out

Heretic 13-08-2006 12:49 PM

A Wolf simulator, - what an awesome idea! Great stuff.

hmm.. ill have to agree that the mist like icons most certainly indicates humans.. im trying to figure out how to have the rest of the pack attack the same prey that you are chasing, though the pack runs with me as an Alpha, when i jump at a Bison or other large prey at full health im still sometimes shaken off by it.. so is there a particular way to have your kindred attack also?

Couple more things,

1. Anyone know what it would take to get some sound effects (music works fine though) happening? <-- nevermind, got it sussed now. :)

2. How do actually give food to other members of your pack, and/or do you need to - to entice the Alpha partner into mating?

3. Whats the significance of when an icon appears showing a wolf with a directional arrow running? Running away from something perhaps?

Ive looked around for manuals and such but the info in them seems somewhat sparse unfortunately.

Oh yes, and how do I INSTALL LION??

Haha, just kidding. ^_^

(heh well, after all that, it seems i actually AM having difficulty installing that game, so if anyone can help DONT post it here, give me a private message or something) - Cheerz

Rust_Knight 16-08-2006 05:05 AM

um....i have a question, for what are the humans for?

i mena they just walk around and u can't do nothing to them, can't bite them, and they don't beat u

so what's the point of humans in this game (i am not talking about hunters...)

PixiesKitty 18-08-2006 12:35 AM

I got a problem, on the first timber scenario, the looking for water scenario? well, I'm looking for water, dogded all the hunters, finally got near where the landmark shows there is water, but my wolf won't go any further, it's like the map it's over or something, any help with this scenario?

Nevermind, got the issue solved, went to the other side, like nwestish of the map, also avoiding the hunters.

Also I got a couple of questions:

How do I know where side the chopper it's comming and how can I avoid it?

What's the sign of a wolf or a prey and a blue arrow?

Hm... that would be all, I'll bugger around later.

See ya!

Guest 19-08-2006 01:40 PM

Hi, I've been looking for a way to play Wolf again for a number of years. I didn't think it would ever be possible but now, thanks to you I can be a wolf again :kosta:

There is one thing though. I've read your tutorial about DOSbox, installed everything, and I can play Wolf but not on full screen. It's just a small window.

Is there something that can be done about it?

Thanks for you help :ok:

Guest 19-08-2006 03:17 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 19 2006, 01:40 PM) [snapback]249617[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Hi, I've been looking for a way to play Wolf again for a number of years. I didn't think it would ever be possible but now, thanks to you I can be a wolf again :kosta:

There is one thing though. I've read your tutorial about DOSbox, installed everything, and I can play Wolf but not on full screen. It's just a small window.

Is there something that can be done about it?

Thanks for you help :ok:
[/b]
It was me who asked that question and I know how to do this now, so :kosta: (I found the answer on this forum ;)

Thanks a lot!!!! :ok:

Heretic 21-08-2006 05:53 PM

PixiesKitty :

As for knowing which way the helicopters are coming from, i think that if you have the sound switched on.. (which you'll need to go into "setup" and play with the sound card setup to get it working) I thiiink that if you use your hearing sense the speakers will indicate which direction its coming from, as it obviously has no smell.

I think a couple pages back in this thread there was some helpful info about avoiding the chopper if it starts chasing you.. i think the golden rule was to *always run diagonally* maybe dont quite quote me on that and check to be certain though. But cheers to the poster who added the info as it helped me quite a bit. Hurrah. :)

Chunk 02-09-2006 02:55 PM

Ok I might just be being stupid but when I downloaded wolf it just gave me a folder with all the files that make up the game in it but I cant work out how to actually play the game??!!??

Guest 02-09-2006 04:03 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chunk @ Sep 2 2006, 02:55 PM) [snapback]252455[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Ok I might just be being stupid but when I downloaded wolf it just gave me a folder with all the files that make up the game in it but I cant work out how to actually play the game??!!??
[/b]
I found the dos tutorial but i got to the bit where it says type install into command prompt but when i do that it comes up with a screen telling to put the disk into drive A or B and if I just press enter it says where do you want to install in which i just left at C:\WOLF and press enter and it says error insert disk.

If no one knows whats wrong can someone tell me what to do from the beginning, im running windows xp.

The Fifth Horseman 04-09-2006 11:14 AM

Just go and try DosBox.

Squeak 24-09-2006 04:59 AM

Okay. I noticed that a lot of people are confused with seaons. Asking when they change, how long they are and such.

I decided to test this on my own by keeping track of the days that passed and my wolf's age.

It seems that a seaons lasts about 3 months, in game. A message will pop up on your screen, letting you know the season has changed. Ex: "It is going to be a cold winter" The area begins to change to fit that season.

Hope this helps ^_^

anke 25-09-2006 06:06 AM

I enjoyed this game very much, even if it did kick my behind to high heaven. Then again... Maybe if I had been so patient as to actually play it for more than 10 minutes at a time before going to fark >>

Anyhow. Good game.

Guest_Megiras_* 25-09-2006 06:49 PM

if you are interested in an in-depth of the game, check out this entire forum devoted to it!

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Wolf_game/index.php

Elaine 03-10-2006 01:12 PM

i really like the game, cuase i've never played something like that before, but i've got a problem with the 3rd level in the timber area. i have to kill a hare, but everytime i found one it's so fast to get it. can anybody bive me some tips?

Wolvensilver 10-10-2006 12:59 AM

Arrrgh! I have been playing this game forever now, even as an alpha, but it never lets you breed and have pups to take care of. Did they just put that there to mess with our heads or am I just doing something wrong?

wolflover1051991 10-10-2006 10:09 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Glal @ Jun 7 2005, 11:43 AM) [snapback]116886[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Excellent game, just wish it were the CD version. Finding CD versions of rather obscure games like this is nigh impossible, especially with a name as common as this. :tai:
[/b]
You can find it on Amazon.com but only from other sellers.

Rawrf 14-10-2006 01:28 AM

I'm stupid and have NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING BECAUSE I'M COMPUTER ILLITERATE.

I can't follow Anubis's tutorial. Because I'm freaking retarded.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1...oooblaheb3.png

That's what I got so far. o_o;;;

I'M STILL CONFUSED THOUGH. Someone please help me. ;_____;

The Fifth Horseman 16-10-2006 01:18 PM

Calm down. So far you're doing quite well for a beginner:
-You downloaded and installed DosBox
-You mounted a drive correctly
-You entered the game directory

That's pretty good so far. The only point you experienced problems with is running the actual game, and it doesn't look like it's because you don't know how.

"Illegal command: WOLF.EXE" means that no such executable exists in the directory. This is surprising, because that file is contained in the archive.
Are you sure you have unpacked all contents of the game archive to C:\WOLF\ ?

Try running the following commands:

dir /p
dir *.exe /p

The first will display a list of all files in the directory, the second will display the EXE files present.

If the executable is not there, unpack the archive again into the appropriate directory. Should that fail, re-download the entire archive.

Guest 17-10-2006 01:25 AM

I have problems with wolf... Whenever I start it it says "The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction." What went wrong? I've downloaded DOS and stuff.

The Fifth Horseman 17-10-2006 02:08 PM

Did you run the game through DosBox?

chainsoar 17-10-2006 04:27 PM

I can't figure this game out, I've spent ages legging it round the forest, smelling and listening, and I can't find any of the things he smells or hears.

Guest 17-10-2006 11:01 PM

OHHH. I didn't use DOS Box through the game. Thanks. It works now..

Guest 17-10-2006 11:33 PM

You know when you mate? Does it go for the same as the female? Get the males attention and ask to mate?

Rawrf 18-10-2006 12:02 PM

Woot. I got it working.

Thanks guys. <3

Yubble 24-10-2006 12:24 AM

Errrm. I'm having trouble with mating. Can you start in winter and work you're way to the female? Or does it have to start in spring, summer, etc. Or with the female and work you're way to the male. :tai:

Guest 29-10-2006 10:40 PM

if the people talking about "mist icons" were talking about the "vertical lines" that you could get smelling around... it means a strong unrecognized smell coming from that direction.
otherwise, if it's the icon that appears on the middle of the screen with a blue arrow.. it's the wind, if I got it correctly.

to catch a rabbit.. just walk after it, and then run following its direction. (keep hitting S or N to get the direction where the little thing is gone if you lose track) it will tire out, soon or later. and you'll catch it. the same applies for everything else.. save for the humans that sadly are overpowered and can't be killed.

to mate.. be an alpha. stay near your mate, and cuddle her/him (figuratively.. >.<). at the end you will see the other wolf becoming more near to yours, and that will be the cue for asking to mate. it's not sure you will succeed. but.. that's life. *grins*

FareWell
WoLf

asdxc 04-11-2006 11:34 PM

:sos: N00BY QUESTION: How do you close all of these games!!! :sos:

The Fifth Horseman 07-11-2006 12:57 PM

*Chuckle*
CTRL+F9 if you are using Dosbox. If it's plain Windows, go for the old "Three Magi" combination, ie CTRL+ALT+DELETE.

Guest 08-11-2006 03:45 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolf'n'stein @ Jun 7 2005, 12:34 PM) [snapback]116908[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Quote:

You have to wait for the music to stop. It will load for as long the music plays. There is no way to speed it up.
[/b]

You can speed up the cycles by pressing <CTRL + F12> runs fine on my system useing windows xp with the latest dosbox, the game is realy tough though. but I Love wolves!!!

Guest 08-11-2006 03:57 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 17 2005, 02:02 AM) [snapback]120650[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Im trying to run this game but i cant do it without DOSbox and i forgot how to run dosbox. :angry:
I remember seeing a tutorial on how to run it on this site one day...dont remember what game though. *cries*
[/b]

If you download the latest virsion of DosBox you can type "intro" and it tells you how to mount the drives, and "intro cdrom" shows how to mount CD roms in different systems, hope this is helpfull

asdxc 12-11-2006 05:03 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Nov 7 2006, 01:57 PM) [snapback]265687[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

*Chuckle*
CTRL+F9 if you are using Dosbox. If it's plain Windows, go for the old "Three Magi" combination, ie CTRL+ALT+DELETE.
[/b]
Thanks.

Talla 14-11-2006 11:45 PM

I need help with the DOSBox! ^^" I tried to use the Tutorial, but it didn't work... D:

Everytime I try to change C:\> to something, like C:\Wolf> or something, it says: "unable to change to: Wolf" and various other problems. If I need to be more specific, tell me and I will try and describe whatever I need help with. Thanks!

thebes 15-11-2006 12:12 AM

Read in the dosbox forum on how to mount it to go straight to a folder like "OLD Games" or any name. Then put your game into that folder and start it from there. Seems to help for some reason.

Yubble 15-11-2006 02:35 AM

:blink: I've been told if you get near a human with you're pups they takes them away, is this true?

The Fifth Horseman 15-11-2006 12:15 PM

Quote:

Everytime I try to change C:\> to something, like C:\Wolf> or something, it says: "unable to change to: Wolf" and various other problems. If I need to be more specific, tell me and I will try and describe whatever I need help with. Thanks![/b]
... What are those "various other problems"?
Also, what directory have you mounted as your emulated C drive? Is there a "Wolf" subdirectory in it in the first place?

pSYCHO fOX!! 21-11-2006 10:17 AM

YANNO, I HAVE THIS ANCEINT 98, RIGHT? WELL, I CAN'T GET THIS TO PLAY. I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING. I USE THE ORIGIONAL DOS ON THIS RELIC OF A COMPUTER. DOES WOLF WORK ON A OLD DOS PROMPT? IS IT MY OP SYS? IF SO TELL ME BECAUSE THIS DAMN THING DOESN'T PLAY IT FOR CRAP. THANK YOU

Mighty Midget 21-11-2006 10:24 AM

First: What sort of error do you get? In both dos and under win, please. Since it's a dos game there could be issues with the Win versions, even 9x, i.e. memory related ones.

Second: Is the download ok? It could be corrupt for some reason.

Third: What's the specs of your PC (can it run dos-box, for instance)?

Fourth: TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK GODDAMNIT!

The Fifth Horseman 21-11-2006 11:15 AM

Quote:

I USE THE ORIGIONAL DOS ON THIS RELIC OF A COMPUTER. DOES WOLF WORK ON A OLD DOS PROMPT? [/b]
It does.

And don't shout so much, it makes my ears hurt.

Guest 02-12-2006 09:03 PM

I really love this game! It took me a while but I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. :)

I heard that there used to be a CD with Orchestrated versions of the song that came with the game. Does anyone know if that's true, and if it is, is there anywhere I could buy it?

Guest 03-12-2006 11:59 PM

Ok heres a really nooby question but after I download the zip I can't install the game becuase it says that I need to insert the disc. so what do I do to get to install and play it.

The Fifth Horseman 04-12-2006 11:25 AM

Another one trying to run the game from inside the ZIP file?

For heaven's sake...

1. Unpack the archive.
2. Use DosBox to run the game.

Guest 04-12-2006 08:29 PM

I've got it unpacked but I have never used Dosbox before so how do I play the game on that sorry but I'm new at this stuff this is the first game I have ever downloaded.

whitewolf93 05-12-2006 09:13 PM

on this game at installation it says i need to enter the hard disc. but i don't think the download came with it so what do I do now to install the game and play it.

on this game at installation it says i need to enter the hard disc. but i don't think the download came with it so what do I do now to install the game and play it.

Storm 05-12-2006 09:28 PM

You don't actually need to install. Just unzip the files, run setup to choose the sound card, then run wolf.

whitewolf93 05-12-2006 09:49 PM

Thanks for all the help ppl but I got one last question sorry I'm stuck after I start the DOSBox I have everything setup but how do I actaully start running the game.

The Fifth Horseman 13-12-2006 02:15 PM

You might want to check out the official DosBox FAQ, and particularly this part of it. It is quite helpful for users unfamiliar with DosBox.

Anticontrole 15-01-2007 11:44 PM

This game is sooooo *dirty word* cool, I really loved it. I even registered just to say a thank you to Abandonia (and, well, to use the forum as well, but that's second thought).

The thing is I don't know how to put sound effects on. I ran Setup and all, choose the sound card (Sound Blaster), I chose the same card I use to music effects and it just doesn't play sound effects. But music plays fine. Anyone could give me an advice on what to do?

Btw, the forum some guest posted here (the one made specially for the game) has pretty cool information about the game.

Thanks in advance.:)

edit: LOL, there's a filter for dirty words here.

hanna 16-01-2007 09:44 AM

OK, here comes a really weird question.
I figured out how to install and run the game, I even figured out how to use senses etc BUT
I fail the first scenario every single time I try!

I always end up being shot by the hunters in the helicopter since for some reason, I can't run away!
I move the mouse cursor as far away as possible and it does turn yellow (I also get it to turn green or white) but it never turns red! Do I have to press a certain key to make my wolf run?

As mentioned above, I get shot every time due to lack of speed :( Would be happy for any help guys!

hanna 16-01-2007 10:11 AM

Alright, nevermind, I figured it out myself.
For all the others who might be encountering the same problem:
if you are wounded, you can't run. It's as easy as that...and quite logical aswell ;)
thnx anyways!

Anticontrole 16-01-2007 02:46 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Anticontrole @ Jan 15 2007, 10:44 PM) [snapback]275113[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

This game is sooooo *dirty word* cool, I really loved it. I even registered just to say a thank you to Abandonia (and, well, to use the forum as well, but that's second thought).

The thing is I don't know how to put sound effects on. I ran Setup and all, choose the sound card (Sound Blaster), I chose the same card I use to music effects and it just doesn't play sound effects. But music plays fine. Anyone could give me an advice on what to do?

Btw, the forum some guest posted here (the one made specially for the game) has pretty cool information about the game.

Thanks in advance.:)

edit: LOL, there's a filter for dirty words here.
[/b]
OK, I figured out what was wrong with my configuration. I just needed to change IRQ and it works oh so fine now, I can finally hear the barks and such. :brain:

Satine01 05-02-2007 09:32 PM

How do I install the game? I have DOSBox set up, but the game asks about a floppy disk when I try to install it the way this tutorial says to do http://www.abandonia.com/main.php?nav=games&FAQ=1. What do I do? Thanks!

The Fifth Horseman 06-02-2007 08:15 AM

Did you try just running it?

Satine01 11-02-2007 04:58 PM

Anyone know where I can find an FAQ for this game?

Satine01 11-02-2007 05:34 PM

By the way I figured out how to run the game thanx guys :kosta:

Guest 11-02-2007 06:59 PM

I dont know if I'm in the FAQ's area but i need help with this Wolf game, cuz when I download it, I only get the files and everything and cant play the actual game, and I need to know how do i put the game when i download it how do i put it on my desktop so i can actually play it, instead of reading about I need help with this does anyone on here know how to help me?

The Fifth Horseman 14-02-2007 02:48 PM

Look, nobody in here is going to do your homework for you.

Read this very thread (printable version may be easier to navigate).
Your question has been answered in it at least half dozen times.

Guest 12-03-2007 01:28 PM

hee got a problem i realy wand to play this game buut when i instal it its asking for wolf hardisk instal program where is that

The Fifth Horseman 12-03-2007 02:09 PM

Without knowing what you have exactly done and what specifically is the problem, we cannot help you.
Until you post more detailed information about your problem, I can only refer you to this FAQ.

Please post a more detailed description of your problem including any and all error messages you encountered.

guest , 12-03-2007 03:57 PM

hi i really like the look of this game :w00t: but im a bit usure about some things
1. how much space does DOS box take up?
2.do you have to have a CD versions to use it fully
3. Ive heard that some people games won't work on certain DOS boxes, which box is it?

thanks

Guest 12-03-2007 04:03 PM

Also which is the best DOS box to download ,im about to go for the 0.70 windows version will that run on XP?

The Fifth Horseman 12-03-2007 04:11 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(guest , @ Mar 12 2007, 05:57 PM) [snapback]283216[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

hi i really like the look of this game :w00t: but im a bit usure about some things
1. how much space does DOS box take up?
2.do you have to have a CD versions to use it fully
3. Ive heard that some people games won't work on certain DOS boxes, which box is it?

thanks[/b]
1. A couple megabytes. So little that you will hardly notice.
2. What do you mean "use it fully"?
3. Each version of DosBox attempts to fix all bugs found in its precedessor, but at the same time new ones may appear. Thus, it always makes sense to try the latest version first.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Mar 12 2007, 06:03 PM) [snapback]283218[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Also which is the best DOS box to download ,im about to go for the 0.70 windows version will that run on XP?
[/b]
1. The latest, v0.70.
2. It will. Any logical reason it should not?

Guest 12-03-2007 07:09 PM

thanks for all that got it all up and running but for some reasons i cant change the pack size in simulation do you know why??

Retron 27-03-2007 01:15 PM

What a game! As a direct result of buying this eleven years ago I ended up adopting a wolf at a wolf centre a couple of hours away. One thing lead to another and I'm now a volunteer there, spending most of my Sundays around wolves.

Anyway, the game itself is remarkably accomplished. The authors must have spent a fair armount of time around real wolves judging by the little things such as the gaits and various subtle things such as the head-bobbing of injured wolves. The sound effects are pretty realistic too, apart from that "woof" you get when you click a button - I've only heard wolves bark twice in three years!

I tracked down an additional copy of Wolf via eBay a couple of years ago and donated it to the wolf centre, as to this day there's been nothing that comes anywhere near it. Okay, it's not terribly up to date (as we now know that it's not just alphas who breed, for example), but overall it's still pretty good.

And last, but not least, something you won't find elsewhere - a couple of MP3s:

Travelling Through Time
The tune that's played when you click on the wolf cubs in the "About wolves" section.

Day Trot
Played during daylight hours of the game, you can also listen to it by clicking the wolf cubs (as above) then selecting the territory / scent marking button.

(PS - the difference between w.exe and wolf.exe is that the former won't pop up an annoying box in Win95 asking you to restart in DOS mode - the files are exactly the same.)

skatc 28-03-2007 09:42 AM

I love this game! :) I remember looking forward to it coming out back in '94, but it never seemed to appear in stores where I lived. Such an amazingly thoughtful and original game; the world needs more like it. The interface is a little quirky by today's standards, but I've had no trouble getting it to run in Dosbox (remember Alt+Enter for fullscreen!).

I downloaded the (sort of) sequel Lion from Home of the Underdogs. It is very similar; the interface is a little cleaner but it lacks some of the flavour tidbits of Wolf. The HOTU version of Lion missing the sound files, and after hearing those beautiful MP3s from SpiralVortex (thank you!!), I've added my request for a with-sound version of Lion to be added to Abandonia.

Guest 01-04-2007 10:57 PM

When does a month pass by? I've been playing non stop wolf for three weeks, and it is still fall. I'm trying to ate too. The funny thing is, the beta wolf dies. xDI wasn't paying atention to the screen (due to T.V), and I was infront of a hunt and I started to run away, and the beta died, so it's just me and the alpha male. Can anyone tell me when a season ends? I'm desprate.

Guest 17-05-2007 11:21 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 1 2007, 10:57 PM) [snapback]285842[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

When does a month pass by?
[/b]
I think that after 30 days of wolf-time a month passes, I dont' know for sure though.

wolfsong 25-06-2007 11:47 PM

Once i download the game, all the files go into a zipped folder. How do i get it so i can play the game?

Mighty Midget 25-06-2007 11:56 PM

You will need to extract the files in that zipped archive to a folder of your choise, and I will strongly reccomend you using DOSBox for running the game. If you are unfamiliar with DOSBox there is a Beginner's Guide To DOSBox here on Abandonia, which will guide you through it in small steps.

http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index...howtopic=14913

An anonymous person 02-07-2007 02:23 PM

Here's a problem that none of you have yet answered to yet. Running the game as normal in dosbox, I decide to try simulation mode after spending the last half-hour reading everything I could find in the menus. After putting it so that I could experiment with the humans (I haven't read the FAQs at this point), I started into the game. Immediately upon loading into the map, my cursor started floating to the top of the screen. It would move sideways normally, and with much effort I could force the cursor back down, but it would just float upwards again. When I paused to look at the options, the cursor worked normally, so I decided to let it do what it wanted for a while. Eventually, the cursor started to work normally (I was probably screwed by now since I was nowhere near the pack and it was approaching night), so I went on playing. Unfortunately, it eventually started to recur so I ditched the game and tried a scenario. Sure enough, it occurred again, so here I am, after reading every post in a vain attempt to find a solution to my problem. I am fairly experienced in working with dos games (they are both numerous and free), so just give me a solution straight up.

The Fifth Horseman 02-07-2007 03:18 PM

Umm... try with a different mouse?

Guest 02-07-2007 11:19 PM

Dosbox problem: I save a game in game ( I see that it got saved)

when I exit the game and close the DosBox afterwards the savedgame is gone, I think its something in Dosbox but im not sure what

please help

Guest 02-07-2007 11:40 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 3 2007, 12:19 AM) [snapback]297690[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Dosbox problem: I save a game in game ( I see that it got saved)

when I exit the game and close the DosBox afterwards the savedgame is gone, I think its something in Dosbox but im not sure what

please help
[/b]
Ah nevermind solved it by relocating the Wolf Folder to C:\ and that did the trick.

Anyway for all you peope who dont know how to work DOSbox or simply dont want to type too much (like me) simply use one of the Front End programs (D-Fend , D.O.G. and so) I use D-Fend and it seems to make it easier to setup games.

An anonymous person 05-07-2007 10:13 PM

I don't know how, but I think I fixed the problem by making a surpassable problem. I tried using the install file to install the game into another directory, but this made it so neither program will work unless one duplicate is mounted on A:. Either that or the fact my emergency mouse is now upside down, but in any case problem solved! This game is really enjoyable now. I like it. :ok:

Guest 10-07-2007 09:18 PM

is that true that in infinty mode, seasons are not changing?
i'm playing wolf for 3 days and i wonder if winter would come...
did anyone play that mode and see fall change into winter?
and did anyone actually have cubs?

SensoOokami 19-07-2007 04:31 AM

I believe this question was asked once before, but I didn't see an answer. Does anyone know how to offer food or something to the alpha? Or how to appease the alpha? Challenging the female isn't getting me anywhere(but perhaps that is because I'm trying too soon). Any little advice would help, thanks.

Guest 22-07-2007 03:24 PM

It's good to see that this game is getting a healthy amount of attention in the forum.

GREAT GAME! I can't say more! :ok:

Now there is a lion topic as well....so that's also good....

So for you experienced ppl who played the game, how about contributing to that big free encyclopedia thingy in the Internet on Wolf (game)?

Isn't one of Abandonia's objective to spread old but great games far and wide?

The Fifth Horseman 23-07-2007 11:47 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 22 2007, 05:24 PM) [snapback]300761[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

So for you experienced ppl who played the game, how about contributing to that big free encyclopedia thingy in the Internet on Wolf (game)?[/b]
You mean Wikipedia... or something else?

Guest 25-07-2007 04:48 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jul 23 2007, 12:47 PM) [snapback]300900[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 22 2007, 05:24 PM) [snapback]300761[/snapback]
Quote:

So for you experienced ppl who played the game, how about contributing to that big free encyclopedia thingy in the Internet on Wolf (game)?[/b]
You mean Wikipedia... or something else?
[/b][/quote]

Yes, that's what I mean. :)

Geckotide 05-08-2007 12:08 PM

I love this game! I'll be damned if I can work out how to mate, though.

_r.u.s.s. 05-08-2007 01:58 PM

thats a problem of more people :D

Geckotide 06-08-2007 07:52 AM

Does anyone know if there's an option to save the game at all?

Guest 06-08-2007 10:23 PM

Is it possible to run this game windowed?

_r.u.s.s. 06-08-2007 11:38 PM

it is, in dosbox

Guest 09-08-2007 01:59 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Aug 7 2007, 12:38 AM) [snapback]303263[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

it is, in dosbox
[/b]
But what about windows 98?

Mighty Midget 09-08-2007 07:21 AM

Windows 98 is closer to pure DOS than XP is, afterall XP isn't related to DOS while Win98 is. Why not give it a go if you have 9x? If it doesn't work, try restart Win into DOS (there is an option there at the shut-down menu). If it still doesn't work, then you would want to either 1) run it in pure DOS via a DOS boot disc (you can find one here at Abandonia) or 2) play it through DOSBox if your machine is powerful enough to run DOSBox (it is a resource-hungry program).

The Fifth Horseman 09-08-2007 02:40 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 9 2007, 03:59 AM) [snapback]303765[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

[/b]
Same as for all other DOS games running under Windows : no.

Arcelin 15-08-2007 05:56 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Aug 9 2007, 03:40 PM) [snapback]303926[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 9 2007, 03:59 AM) [snapback]303765[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]
Same as for all other DOS games running under Windows : no.
[/b][/quote]
Here are my files (wolf.conf) and wolf batch to tun wolf under windows 98 SE:
----------
wolf.conf
----------
[sdl]
fullscreen=false
fulldouble=false
fullresolution=original
windowresolution=original
output=surface
autolock=true
sensitivity=100
waitonerror=true
priority=higher,normal
mapperfile=mapper.txt
usescancodes=true

[dosbox]
language=
machine=vga
captures=capture\wolf\
memsize=32

[render]
frameskip=0
aspect=false
scaler=normal2x

[cpu]
core=auto
cycles=3000
cycleup=500
cycledown=20

[mixer]
nosound=false
rate=22050
blocksize=2048
prebuffer=10

[midi]
mpu401=intelligent
device=default
config=

[sblaster]
sbtype=sbpro2
sbbase=220
irq=7
dma=1
hdma=5
mixer=true
oplmode=auto
oplrate=22050

[gus]
gus=true
gusrate=22050
gusbase=240
irq1=5
irq2=5
dma1=3
dma2=3
ultradir=C:\ULTRASND

[speaker]
pcspeaker=true
pcrate=22050
tandy=auto
tandyrate=22050
disney=true

[joystick]
joysticktype=auto
timed=true
autofire=false
swap34=false
buttonwrap=true

[serial]
serial1=dummy
serial2=dummy
serial3=disabled
serial4=disabled

[dos]
xms=true
ems=true
umb=true
keyboardlayout=none

[ipx]
ipx=false

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup
# Would give you a E in DOSBox
# which points at E:\GAMES
mount E "E:\GAMES"
# Change at disk E
E:
# Goes to the root directory of the current drive
cd\
# Goes to the directory GAMES\wolf
cd wolf
# Run g.exe without loadfix
wolf.EXE
# Exit DosBox
exit
---------
wolf.bat
---------
dosbox -exit -conf wolf.conf

Guest 31-08-2007 04:27 AM

I can't seem to get it loaded properly. How do I install the program without the floopy disks?

Japo 31-08-2007 07:17 AM

If you downloaded it from here you don't have to run the install, just unZIP and start the game.

DanO 06-09-2007 03:30 AM

Wow, I had purchased this game and enjoyed it a TON back then. Until one of my install floppy discs went belly up. Heck right after finding this, I rummaged through a big ole' box of old computer stuff I have and found the paper instructions or "Survival Guide".

Quickly read thru all the posts here, and will now try running it on dos box. Awesome guys!!

DanO 06-09-2007 03:31 AM

Oh, and there is kinda like an updated version coming out in December (I hope) Google up "Wolf Quest"

Hailey 09-09-2007 07:17 PM

Im Having I little trouble and now its getting me mad :wallbash: :sos: I need Help Dearly,Everytime I Press Get it, It takes Forever To Load Up Download Link That saids Press Her to Download Watever and It wont work! :sos:

Blood-Pigggy 09-09-2007 07:28 PM

The download links are down right now as it says on the front page, according to the admins, it should be up by tomorrow.

Guest 10-09-2007 05:16 AM

Oh Thank you I download It agine But when i type this in dos box
mount c c:/wolf dos game
c:
wolf.exe
It Never works! How come? Dose Eanyone know another Thing that can run things Like dos box? or am i doing it wrong? :huh:

Mighty Midget 10-09-2007 05:38 AM

Please post more detailed info on what you do and what happens? "It never works" is not enough for us to figure out what's not working. Any error messages? Does DOSBox crash? Which message do you get in DOSBox? etc etc etc.

Guest 17-09-2007 11:48 PM

:max: sup dude can u email me and help me get game

Mighty Midget 18-09-2007 12:18 AM

Help you get Wolf? Why email? You can download it from Abandonia.

http://www.abandonia.com/games/531/Wolf/Wolf.htm

Krusher_PL 19-09-2007 12:44 PM

Hi, anyone achive alpha status in expert artic scenario - the last one - rise the alpha status? tell me plz how to fight with other wolfes?

Guest 28-09-2007 05:28 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Krusher_PL @ Sep 19 2007, 01:44 PM) [snapback]311803[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Hi, anyone achive alpha status in expert artic scenario - the last one - rise the alpha status? tell me plz how to fight with other wolfes?
[/b]
To challenge another wolf, click on that wolf. A screen will
appear, asking if you want to challenge. you can only challenge same-sex wolves. if you click on opposite-sex wolves it will ask if you want to mate.
I haven't made it through the scenario.

Guest 09-11-2007 11:07 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Japofran @ Aug 31 2007, 08:17 AM) [snapback]307909[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

If you downloaded it from here you don't have to run the install, just unZIP and start the game.
[/b]
I cant get it to play either when i open the folder i saved it to it comes up as a million different programs how do i get it to play

_r.u.s.s. 10-11-2007 07:56 AM

try every of them?
edit: i downloaded it for you and it's wolf.exe. if it doesn't work for you under pure windows use dosbox ..but as i look on the post above, rather just run setup.exe and choose no sound instead

Kitsuneko 19-03-2008 12:22 AM

Hey, love the game, and I've pretty much got everything worked out, including mating and raising cubs. :) I did see something strange once, though. I was out hunting one day (I was the alpha male) and I saw the alpha female run past me and catch a rabbit onscreen. Instead of eating it, though, she picked up the meat just like from a carcass to carry back to the cubs! I didn't think you could do that with the smaller prey, and I haven't been able to replicate it. Does anyone know if you can pick up and carry meat from rabbits and beavers?

Geezer 19-03-2008 12:29 AM

Didn't you just get done mating over on the Lion thread? ;-)

Kitsuneko 19-03-2008 12:35 AM

???
I've gotten cubs in Wolf, but not in LION. Either it takes longer on LION, or using the fast-time buttons messes it up somehow on that one.

KapuAaka 22-03-2008 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebatianos (Post 127192)
That means that those sounds can be heard from that direction. If you hear (let's say) dogs from the bottom right - that means that there are dogs there (probably hunting dogs accompanied by hunters with guns) or you're really close to a house that has a dog (but that's highly unlikely).

There are dogs?! There are houses!? :confused: I've never seen either of these! The only thing I've seen are hunters and the people that walk around :oh: (I tried to attack one once but it didn't end well...:() Are there're really houses and dogs, any wittnesses? :oh:

KapuAaka 22-03-2008 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsuneko (Post 321518)
???
I've gotten cubs in Wolf, but not in LION. Either it takes longer on LION, or using the fast-time buttons messes it up somehow on that one.

You got cubs in wolf? :confused: It's really easy for me to get cubs in lion (I got them the first day I played! ^_^) But so far I've had no luck with cubs in wolf, please tell how did you get them! Please please tell!

Kitsuneko 22-03-2008 07:56 PM

They come automatically in WOLF, after you mate, which is the more difficult part. The /quickest/ way to get to mating season is to start in winter on the plains. Mating season is the second month of winter there (it's the third month of winter in Timber and first two weeks of spring in Arctic). Anyway, wherever you are, you can check which month it is by looking at your wolf's age. Whenever your wolf is (so-and-so)years and 9 months old, that's the mating season, whichever map you're on.
I've heard that you have to stick close to your mate for the months before that and sleep near them and such, but I've heard from someplace else that it doesn't matter if you ignore them, the other wolf will still initiate mating on the first day of the breeding month. Personally, I didn't really bother. Either way, the other alpha wolf should walk up to you on the first day of the breeding season and iniate the mating, providing there are no other wolves around. If it doesn't work at first, you can still ask to mate later. (It doesn't show mating in this one, just a cute animation of them nuzzling each other. ^.^)
Once you've mated, the female will start to stick close to the den and the cubs will be born in the 0th month. They grow to adult at 7 months.

Juky 06-04-2008 07:30 PM

Wolf

I like tha game! :)

Straitjacket 12-04-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsuneko (Post 321516)
Hey, love the game, and I've pretty much got everything worked out, including mating and raising cubs. :) I did see something strange once, though. I was out hunting one day (I was the alpha male) and I saw the alpha female run past me and catch a rabbit onscreen. Instead of eating it, though, she picked up the meat just like from a carcass to carry back to the cubs! I didn't think you could do that with the smaller prey, and I haven't been able to replicate it. Does anyone know if you can pick up and carry meat from rabbits and beavers?

Check the manual, but I think it's T or something similar, because that's how you take a piece of meat from a carcass...

Straitjacket 12-04-2008 05:35 PM

Also (I'm not sure how to/if I can edit my own posts - sorry), is there any way to make the DOSBox window larger (or even maybe fullscreen) while playing this or Lion, and what's the easiest way to increase the cycle and frameskip rates (I'm assuming this is what to do in order to make it run more smoothly - sometimes it seems to go a little slowly)?

_r.u.s.s. 12-04-2008 07:02 PM

to make it full screen hit alt enter, to increase cycles use ctrl+f12, but in any case i suggest you to read readme.txt

the file is actually called readme

Straitjacket 12-04-2008 10:08 PM

Ah, cheers... I just thought asking a real person might be a bit more accessible :p

(Let the mocking commence!)

Now if only I can figure out how to save...

Kitsuneko 16-04-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straitjacket (Post 323274)
Check the manual, but I think it's T or something similar, because that's how you take a piece of meat from a carcass...

Yeah, I tried that, but it doesn't seem to work on the smaller animals (rabbits and beavers), usually they just gobble it down automatically. I don't know, maybe it's something only the computer wolves can do?

Also, saving. It took me a while to figure this out myself, but hit space, and on the lower options screen, at the bottom of the screen, between the player wolf and pack wolves images, a small "options" button should pop up when you mouse over it. From there you can save it. :)

Zero_dragon 02-07-2008 09:56 AM

this game is really cool!

Fubb 02-07-2008 11:01 PM

you know when you go on a seperate free scneario thingie, where you choose your climate zone, and can edit your habitat so it's big maps, lots of humans, no humans, lots of food, etc...

Can you save? If so, how?

Skiff 29-07-2008 01:17 AM

Pups. :)

Ok. I have done a little experimenting.

To answer most of your questions, I have found out how to get pups on wolf! :O omg!
Ok. You dont need to ask your mate or anything. Just wait until your wolf is whatever year, and 9 months. Then the Alpha should ask you. Then wait another 3 months, and your pups are born!
When naming them, they don't give you the gender. The gender comes in this order.
Male, Female, Male, Female. Depending on how many pups are born.
This should solve everyone's question, since mating is th biggest confusion in wolf. Good luck! :) (and the quickest way to get pups, is in the plains.)

This question may have been asked before... but. I'll ask anyways,

Is there any way to delete a saved game? If so, please post. :)

Thanks.
-Nikki

dosraider 29-07-2008 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skiff (Post 331986)
Is there any way to delete a saved game? If so, please post. :)

Handy things, a readme ..... :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf readme.txt
3. If you have saved a large number of "Wolf" games, you may wish to delete
some of them after awhile, to free up disk space. To do this, simply
delete these saved games files from the directory you chose during
installation of "Wolf".
Warning: Be careful, do not delete something else. You can delete just
files with extentions: *.IPA, *.IPF, *.IPP, *.WNA, *,WNF, *.WNP,
*.LTA, *,LTF, *.LTP, *.SMA, *,SMF, *.SMP.

[Edit]
BTW, you always can find out for any game where the save files are by looking in explorer with 'details' enabled, the dates will tell you .....

PixiesKitty 01-08-2008 09:02 PM

Issues finding water

I have issues finding water in the first timber scenario, any tips?

powdernsky 08-08-2008 10:04 PM

Quote:

I have issues finding water in the first timber scenario, any tips?
Try to move in 'zig-zags' if you're having trouble with hunters. It makes a really, really big difference. :oh:

I haven't actually completed the scenario yet, though- because the game is on my [currently] "messed-up" computer- so, when I complete it, I can tell you the quickest way to get some water. :laugh:

iamnotlizking 15-08-2008 04:07 PM

some answer stuff and question

I was looking through the internet to see if anyone was discussing this game and found this forum. I've been playing this game since i was about six and have passed a lot of it so I thought I'd share some knowledge if this forum is still active.

1. Can I be a lone wolf?
A.Nope. You are required to have at least 1 other wolf in your pack--it can only occur when the rest of your pack has died. Ex: say you are an alpha male and everyone in your pack dies. The game assigns you a lone wolf as your alpha female and when you mate your pack will be repopulated with your cubs.

2. How do I hunt?
A. Basically, you chase your prey until you can get close enough to click on it and bring it down. If you are hunting larger prey, it is better to hunt in a group because your pack members will increase your strength. Always look for animals that are weak or wounded (they will have a limp). NEVER EVER try to bring down a big animal without the help of your pack, you will wind up injured and then if another wolf challenges you--even if you submit--you will be killed. Also, make sure you only kill if you absolutely have to. The more you play the game, the more scarce prey becomes.

3. Killing Cows
A. You can only kill cows at night. Hunters will not appear if a cow is killed at night but they will if you attack or kill the cow in broad daylight. However, if you make a habit of killing cows at night you will ultimately bring more hunters/planes/helicopters into your territory.

4. Mating
A. You can only mate if your an Alpha pair. You both must be in perfect health in an area where there is no threat of danger and it must be the correct season. A season consists of 3 full moons (months), so it is good to keep track of this by watching how full the moon is at night. Also, you can judge how long you've been playing by changes in your wolf's age, provided you know the age the wolf was when you started playing the game. ALSO, whenever a new season occurs, it will tell you in the menu where your wolf's stats are located EX-"It's going to be a cold winter".

5.Can you play your cubs?
A. No. Your cubs will join your pack when they are old enough to hunt, follow you, fight for hierarchy, etc. If more cubs are born, when those cubs are old enough, they will join your pack. Because packs can only be a certain size, your previous litter of cubs will leave the pack as lone wolves to make room for the new arrivals. Cubs will never be added to the list of playable wolves (which kind of upsets me but oh well.)

6. The mist/dog icon showing in senses
A. This icon is described in the gaming manual as an unknown scent. It could be a hunter, prey, another wolf, or a carcass but it is either too far away or the wolf can't identify it.

7. How can I tell buried meat from a trap?
A. Unless you know you buried the meat yourself, you can't tell if it is a trap or not. Sometimes wolves are able to break free of the trap, but most times you just die.

Okay, now I have some questions:
1. I'm running my Wolf cd on a windows XP. Unfortunately, my sound and music hasn't worked since Dos became XP. Is there any way to adjust or download something so that I can at least tell when a plane is about to shoot me haha?

2. Has anyone passed the "Migrate Your Pack" scenario for the tundra? I've tried several times to move my pack toward where the rivers and abundance of prey is (something like 100 miles from the den) but my pack always wants to run back to the old territory like a bunch of morons.

3. And just for fun, What is your favorite playable wolf character??? :)

iamnotlizking 15-08-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krusher_PL (Post 303869)

Make sure your health/food/drink is as full as it can be. Fight lower ranking pack members first. Once you reach Beta, replenish your health with food and drink before you challenge the alpha. You should be able to defeat him.

Demonomori 16-08-2008 02:40 AM

I just stumbled across this game, and being a big fan of wolves and games like this, thought it was pretty much perfect, haha. I can't get it to run though, past the point where it tells me to insert the floppy disk into A Drive, which I have neither of.

I get the feeling I'm missing something key here, but a rudimentary investigation has turned up nothing much...

I hope this isn't as dumb a question as I feel it is. >.< Any help would be much appreciated.

dosraider 16-08-2008 06:25 AM

Unzip ALL the files in the archive in x:\oldgames\wolf\
As it's ready to run in dosbox:
Run dosbox,

mount c x:\oldgames
c:
cd wolf
wolf

The x:\ is not really X:\ but the partition you use, can be c:\, d:\, whatever.

That's it.

Should you still have problems, give details about what you're doing to screw this up, euuuurh, I meant give details so we can say where it goes wrong.
And don't forget to mention your OS, can be different on Vista.

Demonomori 17-08-2008 10:42 PM

It works perfect now, thank you very much! ^_^

Direwolfqueen 08-10-2008 10:39 PM

Dosbox

ok i know how to start it but what do you when it says put CD in slot A ive downloaded it form this sight anyone know how to get it to work i realy want to play it

Fubb 08-10-2008 10:53 PM

How do I Save a Freeform game? Im trying to rise through the ranks of my pack, and become Alhpa Male.

ALSO, in the freedorm games (on the largest possible map) are there other wold Packs? Or stray wolves you can intergrate into your own pack?

iamnotlizking 26-10-2008 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fubb (Post 339377)
How do I Save a Freeform game? Im trying to rise through the ranks of my pack, and become Alhpa Male.

ALSO, in the freedorm games (on the largest possible map) are there other wold Packs? Or stray wolves you can intergrate into your own pack?

--you should be able to save by hitting SPACE where it will bring you to your stats. saving is under OPTIONS.

--whether your world has other wolf packs or not (or lone wolves) depends on whether you chose to have them when you picked the members of your pack and your playable wolf character. If you get close to another pack the members of that pack will fight you (and 9 out of 10 times kill you.) lone wolves can't be integrated into the pack unless all of your other pack members have died (including your potential mate.) if your pack comes across a stray wolf in the territory they will chase it out.

Rose 23-12-2008 04:27 PM

umm Help

I was wonder if you were able to save on the game if you can then how do you??????

Luchsen 23-12-2008 04:29 PM

Read the previous post.

Rose 25-12-2008 05:52 PM

O ya I just noticed xD The game is great but I want pups so bad D:
Ok I am a Alpha female wolf but every time I click yes on Do you want to mate? he all ways puts his tail up and runs off Dx over and over again.The manual says that the alpha pair must be free from hungrey and thrist and have good heath....and must have the right mating season.Well I think I had all that stuff but when I asked the same thing happen Dx.My main wolf lives in the Timber lands and the Mating Season is all the Mouth of Winter or is it xD.Anyway can I have help with mating?

Luchsen 25-12-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose (Post 345988)
Anyway can I have help with mating?

Volunteers? Anyone? Would be a grand show. :perv:

sakuraBaby 04-01-2009 03:27 PM

Help plz

Hi, i cant get the game running, ive down loaded it, then it comes up in a file and i dont no how to start the game
plz help:(

Japo 04-01-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sakuraBaby (Post 346950)
Hi, i cant get the game running, ive down loaded it, then it comes up in a file and i dont no how to start the game
plz help:(

Check this --> http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=17476

About installing the game from that file before playing for the first time, click on "How to install the games". About starting the game, click on the "Basic Tutorial".

Luchsen 04-01-2009 03:52 PM

It's a ZIP archive. You have to extract the contents with WinZip, WinRAR, WinAce, the Windows-built-in compressed folders utility or the like.

zeke5l 13-01-2009 11:48 PM

Can't install wolf

My laptop does not have a floppy drive and it says I need one to install wolf or make a "master disk" can someone please let me know if this is possible to get around. Thank you

_r.u.s.s. 14-01-2009 01:30 AM

are you running it in pure windows or dos? are you using dosbox or vdmsound? how did you try to run the game

In Need of Help 26-01-2009 02:02 AM

everytime i attempt to run the install, it asks me to insert the floppy disk into a drive, but since i downloaded this, i cannot do that. how did everyone else get past this? (Note:i do have DOSbox downloaded and setup.)

dosraider 26-01-2009 05:08 AM

Doesn't need to be installed, it's ready to run in dosbox.
Quote:

Originally Posted by dosraider (Post 333622)
Run dosbox,

c:
cd wolf
wolf

That's it.

Should you still have problems, give details about what you're doing to screw this up, euuuurh, I meant give details so we can say where it goes wrong.
And don't forget to mention your OS, can be different on Vista.

scrittchy 02-02-2009 04:00 PM

Erm...

I have Dosbox and Wolf installed and extracted. This is where I get stuck.

Z:\> mount c C:\WOLF
Drive C is mounted as local directory C:\WOLF\

Z:\>C:

C:\>

C:\>WOLF
Illegal command: WOLF .
_____

How do I get Wolf to work? I use XP and it's location is in Documents\My Downloads\Wolf. Do I have to run something with it? Thanks. Please reply SOON!

dosraider 02-02-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dosraider (Post 350370)
Run dosbox,

c:
cd wolf
wolf

Isn't the same as:
Quote:

Originally Posted by scrittchy (Post 351381)
I have Dosbox and Wolf installed and extracted.
Z:\> mount c C:\WOLF
Drive C is mounted as local directory C:\WOLF\
Z:\>C:
C:\>
C:\>WOLF
Illegal command: WOLF .

Search the 124578542254874587454 differences.

scrittchy 02-02-2009 04:27 PM

Wow. This place in unforgiving with newbies huh?

If you want to sound smart you should at least count right. There are about 66 diffrences.

And I got this. I hope this clarifies.

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37/Ahrenri/img.jpg

Mighty Midget 02-02-2009 04:40 PM

Ok, in the dos prompt, after reaching the wolf directory, type dir

That will list all the files and subfolders in the directory "wolf".

Check that the game itself isn't in a _sub_folder named "wolf" and check that the exe file is in there in the correct location. If there is a subdirectory with the game, just type cd "name of subdirectory, probably Wolf" and then dir again. Look for the exe file. In any case, you DON'T want to type wolf.exe, only wolf

And I see you have met our dosraider ;)

scrittchy 02-02-2009 04:52 PM

I am very lost. If you count as a folder named Wolf in a folder called My Downloads within My Documents as a sub folder then I guess I'll move that.

I got this.

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/o...nri/img2-1.jpg

(I'm so lost)

scrittchy 02-02-2009 04:58 PM

Wow! I got it to work, I needed to move it to a different file. Thanks so much MM. ;D

Thinggummywut 04-02-2009 12:10 AM

How do you save in Wolf? I read the manual but it is not in there. I did it once when I accidently pressed my palm onto the keyboard with my head looking the other way.. So don't tell me you can't. So how do I save and load files?

KapuAaka 04-02-2009 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinggummywut (Post 351624)
How do you save in Wolf? I read the manual but it is not in there. I did it once when I accidently pressed my palm onto the keyboard with my head looking the other way.. So don't tell me you can't. So how do I save and load files?

You have to press space and go down to the empty grass like space by your wolf there should be an options button, but it only appears when your mouse is over it. You should be able to figure it out form there. :amused:

----

Sorry for double post, but it wouldn't let me edit my other post. Yes, well I keep getting an error when I got to select how long I want to play for, and what season and such. The thing is the error only appears for a couple of seconds and then it's gone. I can never read what it says.

Thinggummywut 04-02-2009 09:47 PM

ddddddrrrrr

how do i know what season im in, and can i add stranger wolves to my group or kill them? or do i just ignore them.

KapuAaka 05-02-2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinggummywut (Post 351756)
how do i know what season im in, and can i add stranger wolves to my group or kill them? or do i just ignore them.

For stranger wolves, you click them and fight if they are on your territory. For the season, I'm not completely sure I know it snows if it's winter.

iamnotlizking 06-02-2009 12:24 AM

i still gots questions!

first and foremost, I'm actually using the CD version of Wolf.

Here are my questions, which I may or may not have already asked.

1. my sound and music on this game has not worked in YEARS. it's a bit essential to have sound (not the music) as i need it to hear planes, footsteps, or the howls of my pack. is there something i can download (THAT WORKS) to fix this dilemma? i've tried a list of things, nothing seems to work.

2. Has anyone passed the "Migrate Your Pack" scenario for the tundra? usually when i enter this scenario there's one carcass stuck behind a rock formation that i just can't get to and i starve, or i get to a place where food is plentiful and the rest of my pack has either died or has run back to the previous territory. do i need to mark the place as a new territory? i think the creators of the game just made this level to screw with us :(

iamnotlizking 06-02-2009 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinggummywut (Post 351756)

depending on which environment you play there could be snow all year long. the easiest way to tell is to pay attention to the trees. winter will have no leaves, spring will have buds, summer a full tree, and fall colored leaves. people have said keeping a calender around is a good way to keep track. another way is to watch the moon. after 3 full moons have passed the season will change.

assuming that you mean lone wolves, you cannot add them unless the rest of your pack has died and the game does that for you automatically. you also can't kill them, you can just fight them and eventually they'll leave the territory. Other packs are what you REALLY need to stay away from as they will fight you upon sight and there is a 99.9% chance they'll kill you.

KapuAaka 07-02-2009 03:18 PM

Ok here's my question. You know that little box that pops up. With the wolf jumping with an arrow? The color of the wolf varies and the so does the direction of the arrow what does it mean? Plus I can never hear my pack howl OTHER than when I call to them, is that right?

Demonwolf 08-02-2009 02:45 AM

LOL xD

ok,I was alone,I hadn't seen my pack for maybe 2 months?So I finally find them and the male walks right up to me and I guess we mated when the whole pack was right behind him too xD.
How I did it:
Well,all I did was cuddle with the alpha male,fight off the girls,then get lost for 2 months,I'm like 6 years and 9 months old(you have to be (such)years and 9 months old.

All I can say is LOL xD!!!!

amyshri 12-02-2009 02:28 PM

could some one help me I'm having a hard time trying to play "wolf":(

The Fifth Horseman 12-02-2009 02:59 PM

Tell us what the exact problem is and someone will certainly be able to help you. :)

iamnotlizking 14-02-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KapuAaka (Post 352062)
Ok here's my question. You know that little box that pops up. With the wolf jumping with an arrow? The color of the wolf varies and the so does the direction of the arrow what does it mean? Plus I can never hear my pack howl OTHER than when I call to them, is that right?

i think the the icon you're referring to with the wolf jumping over the arrow is telling you that you are either leaving or entering your own territory.

And you can hear wolves howl when you call to them and when your pack is around you and they go to sleep.

................. 25-02-2009 12:34 PM

help!

im trying to download wolf, every time i open the file it says that wolf.zip is invalid. please help! i think wolf is a good game and i want to play it

Mighty Midget 25-02-2009 12:46 PM

Open? You mean extract, right? (Sorry, just want to make sure you're not trying to run the zip)

iamnotlizking 26-02-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dark (Post 171047)
I guess attacking cows is a bad thing, the instant it fell I had 3 humans with guns appear out of friggin nowhere and kill me. Did they really have personal teleporters back then?

attacking cows in daylight is a bad thing. it's like immediate death unless you know the cheat--and even the cheat isn't a guarantee that you'll escape a bullet.

you can, however, kill cows at night. i only recommend it though if your territory is low on food. if you make a habit of it the bounty for your world will go up.

iamnotlizking 28-02-2009 12:58 AM

so stupid me i started a sim as Aurora with this line up

Stalker
Aurora
Hambone
Nakomis
Belle
Aries

I successfully mated with Hambone (btw it's 9 months automatic mate in timber. I've mated/had pups in the other environments easily but for some reason timber takes FOREVER.) Now I'm at 9 months, there's no food except for bunnies like 19 away and I'm constantly challenged by the remaining femmes in the pack.

I starved both Aries and Stalker by killing big prey on bodies of water (which is odd because it's harder to kill wolves of the opposite sex/you can't challenge them away hahaha) but now I'm left with Nakomis and Belle and no matter what methods I try I just can't kill them! Anyone who's familiar with the wolf strength ranking knows Belle and Nakomis are really strong. I can't even autoplay without them pulling me out of Alpha rank, which is awful because I think once you have pups and your rank is down you can't get it back until their 12 months.

Any suggestions? Pwease? :wall:

---

crap i posted this as a reply again. blah. sorry :[

SakuraBaby1 06-03-2009 05:44 PM

Wolf game

Hey, i downloaded wolf but it comes up with a document file, i dont no what to do after i have downloaded it....
Can i get some help

Mighty Midget 06-03-2009 05:47 PM

It comes as a RAR archive, you mean? You will need WinRAR or WinZip to extract the files in that archive to a folder of your choise.

Then you need DOSBox.

Then you need to read the DOSBox tutorial found in Troubleshooting.

See if this helps.

SakuraBaby1 06-03-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mighty Midget (Post 355172)
It comes as a RAR archive, you mean? You will need WinRAR or WinZip to extract the files in that archive to a folder of your choise.

Then you need DOSBox.

Then you need to read the DOSBox tutorial found in Troubleshooting.

See if this helps.

Is it the Risc OS for the zip?
i dont no were to find it

Mighty Midget 06-03-2009 05:59 PM

Go to the Services tab on top of this page, then Programs. There's a link there that will take you to DOSBox' official d/l page.

DOSBox is a DOS machine emulator, it will allow you to play DOS games on modern systems :)

The Fifth Horseman 06-03-2009 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SakuraBaby1
Hey, i downloaded wolf but it comes up with a document file, i dont no what to do after i have downloaded it....
Can i get some help

Quote:

Originally Posted by SakuraBaby1
Is it the Risc OS for the zip?
i dont no were to find it

A Beginner's Guide to DOSBox should come in quite handy here - explains everything from the start, including what programs you need to unpack the games.

bootsiekitty 02-04-2009 10:24 PM

about the Wolf game

About the wolf game can you plz make it be abill to download it for free plz and if you do i will tell all of my friends about this Wolf game then they all will play it plz

Mighty Midget 02-04-2009 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bootsiekitty (Post 358572)
About the wolf game can you plz make it be abill to download it for free plz and if you do i will tell all of my friends about this Wolf game then they all will play it plz

Ummm, not exactly sure what you mean here, and I'm not referring to the plz's. Tell your friends they can indeed get the game here. All they have to do is click this

http://www.abandonia.com/themes/abandonia/download.gif

Luchsen 03-04-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mighty Midget (Post 358579)

About that thing above plz I clickd it plz but nothing happend plz can you plz make it clickabill for free plz and if you do i will tell all of my friends about this clickabill thing then they all will click it plz

Marshstar 03-04-2009 09:10 PM

how do i download?

How do i download the wolf game??

Luchsen 04-04-2009 09:15 AM

:hysterical:

For the third and the last time:
http://abandonia.com/themes/abandonia/download.gif

_r.u.s.s. 04-04-2009 09:22 AM

it might be the fact that every language other than english has this game "protected"

anyone who can't download this, select "english" from the drop down language menu

VulpesZerda 21-04-2009 11:22 PM

This is a great game... Though I only realized after reading these posts that the game even had any sound other than the music. Imagine all the times I got shot by surprise helicopters that I could have avoided if only I had known!

Pex 22-04-2009 01:25 AM

Yep, I always had a rip and had to play without sound. I'm sure I would've enjoyed it much more other way.

VulpesZerda 23-04-2009 01:56 AM

I got it fixed, though, with the setup... it's much better. I definitely fall victim to helicopter attacks less.

HelenaSunWife 25-04-2009 05:16 AM

Wolf rules =D

Well maybe this will be useful for people who don't like fighting the other wolves a lot to get to Apha position (I don't know if anybody posted this before, I've looked at some pages in this discussion thread but didn't see anything from the pages I looked at):

If you are a male, play as Stalker. He is the strongest male in the game, followed by Hambone I guess.
If you are a female, play as Thunderhowl (yes, she is Stalker's sister). I guess Shadow is the 2nd strongest female.

If you play as Stalker or Thunderhowl you'll get Alpha position right away, just be careful with later challenges from other wolves, specially if Hambone (if you are a male) or Shadow (if you are a female) are in the pack, they could get to beat you: I was playing as Thunderhowl and the Alpha male was Stalker, then Hambone came and beat him; Shadow is also in my pack and I lost Alpha position to her once.

Also, if you don't wanna play as these specific wolves, but also don't want to lose too much time trying to rise to Alpha position, here's another hint for you...

Build your pack with wolves the same age as yourself, or wolves whom age make them weaker than you: 5 year old wolves ( varies with each habitat, but the closest to these numbers is what counts) tend to be stronger than 3 year old wolves, 3 year old wolves tend to be stronger than 1/2 year old wolves. About 7 year old wolves? I don't know for sure, but I guess they're weaker or equal to the youngest wolves, so the best to stick with would be 5 year old wolves.

HelenaSunWife 26-04-2009 04:19 AM

About my last post ;)

Looks like I didn't check the strongest wolves properly before, so now I'm fixing.

Strongest Males:
1st - Centaurus
2nd - Lightfall (not sure, but he beats Stalker too, so I guess he comes 2nd)
3rd - Stalker
4th - Hambone

Strongest Females:
1st - Rumour
2nd - Thunderhowl
3rd - Shadow

VulpesZerda 28-04-2009 01:39 AM

I have a question. Often when I use map or scent or whatever a box comes up in the middle of the screen, and it looks like the other boxes with animals or whatever in them, except it has some sort of vague white shape and an arrow. I thought this might have been the wind direction but I wasn't sure. Is it?

Rakyth 04-05-2009 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest_Fox (Post 124785)

Getting Started:

Type c:
Now type cd\WOLF
then setup.exe

FAQ.

What if you're a alpha female?

Anaximen 03-06-2009 09:17 AM

Wolf CD

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotlizking (Post 351885)
first and foremost, I'm actually using the CD version of Wolf.

Here are my questions, which I may or may not have already asked.

1. my sound and music on this game has not worked in YEARS. it's a bit essential to have sound (not the music) as i need it to hear planes, footsteps, or the howls of my pack. is there something i can download (THAT WORKS) to fix this dilemma? i've tried a list of things, nothing seems to work.

2. Has anyone passed the "Migrate Your Pack" scenario for the tundra? usually when i enter this scenario there's one carcass stuck behind a rock formation that i just can't get to and i starve, or i get to a place where food is plentiful and the rest of my pack has either died or has run back to the previous territory. do i need to mark the place as a new territory? i think the creators of the game just made this level to screw with us :(

Can you upload CD-version of Wolf to somewhere,please? Or at least cd-versions of music from this game?

Roseruby 09-07-2009 05:32 AM

Help. x3 Does anybody know how to get rid of hunters of lead them away from places? Because there is a hunter who is very close my pack's Den. My wolf Belle is going to give birth anyday and I know that the den is very important of raising pup. So any help? POST BACK QUICK PLEASE. x3

Guest 09-07-2009 07:41 PM

Sound?

I been hearing that you can hear sound in this game but I can't hear any howls from my pack mates or foot steps. NOTHING. Please somebody help get sound I hear music fine but not the sound. I been killed by helocopers(Can't spell x3) about 3 times by staying by the den. I have litter of 4 new pups and they my first too, so I have to stay by the den alot, anyway I was wondering if somebody helpme get the sound to work. x3

Japo 09-07-2009 08:48 PM

Use DOSBox, and read the tutorials you can find on these forums.

UnregisteredPirate 13-07-2009 10:32 PM

Cheats?

Are there any cheats or modifiable configuration files for this game? I have been unable to find any and was wondering if anyone else has been more lucky. ;-)

Thanks!

Apology 19-07-2009 12:22 AM

Help???

I've gotten as far as to trying to install it on DOSBow (as a command),
can any one help me with what to do???
Im almost there,
but im not!!! X3

_r.u.s.s. 19-07-2009 12:45 AM

well.. what exactly have you done?

TheWolfRunner5987 17-08-2009 01:39 PM

Wolf

Ok no matter what i do i cant get the game wolf to work. It keeps saying that i need to configure the system and things like that. now i find out that its the stupid music driver that i dont even care about!!! i just want to play the game!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

The Fifth Horseman 17-08-2009 04:12 PM

DOSBOX.

WeekendWarrior 27-08-2009 09:05 PM

Problems

Hi, guys.
I have two questions. One, to start up the game, I basically drag the saved folder to the DOSbox applications. This basically commences the game, but I was wondering if this is the wrong way to start up Wolf?

Second, I can't seem to get into gameplay mode. D: Basically, I get to the loading screen, and the music stops, and either it freezes on the loading screen, or the box just goes black. Me, being impatient, have only left it like that for a few minutes. Does it just take longer to start, or is there something wrong with my game?

Thanks!

The Fifth Horseman 27-08-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

This basically commences the game, but I was wondering if this is the wrong way to start up Wolf?
Altough it is technically supported by DOSBox, I do not recommend using it.
It might be the cause of the freeze problem you described.

Start the emulator and mount the C drive using proper commands.

Note that the game may need to be under a specific path in DOSBox to run properly - eg C:\WOLF - in which case mounting its directory as the C drive is counter-productive.

pentl 31-08-2009 02:31 PM

Wolf mouse problems

Hi people, I'm having problems controlling my mouse in Wolf. Sometimes it works but if I press the space bar to check my stats then go back to the game it starts going to the edge of the screen on it's own and it's really hard to drag it back to my wolf and if I let it go it goes back to the edge, and I have to quit the game to make it stop! PLEASE HELP!:(

p.s. My sound effects don't work either. (I can't hear the howls and stuff)

Luchsen 04-09-2009 05:34 PM

If you use DOSBox (do that, please):
Quote:

Originally Posted by the DOSBox readme
Q: The cursor always moves into one direction!
A: See if it still happens if you disable the joystick emulation, set joysticktype=none in the [joystick] section of your DOSBox configuration file. Maybe also try unplugging any joystick/gamepad. If you want to use the joystick in the game, try setting timed=false and be sure to calibrate the joystick (both in your OS as well as in the game or the game's setup program).

For SFX, run SETUP.EXE and set it up equivalent to your DOSBox setup.

pentl 05-09-2009 12:57 AM

Luchsen;

Thank you for your response. Although setting joysticktype=none in the configuration file didn't fix my mouse problem, I noticed a mouse sensitivity setting while in the configuration file and changed it from 100 to 50. That seems to have fixed my problem. I also changed my Wolf setup to use Sound Source for my sfx and that fixed my sound problem. Your input was greatly appreciated. :thumbs:

warriorfanshadow 27-11-2009 03:55 PM

ok i wen through this forum just see what was in it last night.IT WAS A NIGHTMARE!i saw people asking the same question 50 times!:wall: :wall:
PEOPLE look through the forums if u dont know how to stat the game and someeone made a vid on u tube about it look it up!stop sking the samw questions please!its ANOYING!by the way if u dont know what to type in dosbox for "Lion"its number 5 in the lion forums your welcome

warriorfanshadow 27-11-2009 04:06 PM

oh and does anyone know what sound system mmine needs for wolf?its a windows vista laptop :rocks: :thumbs:

nanowolf97 10-12-2009 10:47 PM

how do you download?
i want download it sooooooooooooooo bad mostlu because wolves are the best animals in the world so how do you download it?:wall:

dosraider 11-12-2009 12:43 AM

click on http://www.abandonia.com/themes/abandonia/get-it.png

spoie2222 10-01-2010 06:16 PM

attacking other wolves?

how do you attack other members of your pack?:mhh:
dont worry i figured it out

azrael300 11-01-2010 12:39 AM

help!

wen i try to play it ses that it is not copadible in fullscreen.

dosraider 11-01-2010 05:09 AM

Run the game in Dosbox.

Unregisteredusers 27-01-2010 11:05 PM

Is this game free?

dosraider 28-01-2010 05:02 AM

No, you must pay me 2 654 124 451 256 561€
+ shipping costs.

I accept paypal.

Harmeulius 15-03-2010 07:39 PM

Does anybody know how much days a week is? is that 7 like in real life?
And how much weeks is a month?
How much month's is a season?

Luchsen 15-03-2010 07:48 PM

I would guess:

1 year = 4 seasons
1 season = 3 months
1 month = 4 weeks
1 week = 7 days

darknesswolf 22-03-2010 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walker (Post 111677)
Hi, I think, that this is realy very, very good game. I played it for a long time. it is funy.

can u help me then:)

_r.u.s.s. 22-03-2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darknesswolf (Post 400616)
can u help me then:)

you know, that person posted in the year 2005

Luchsen 22-03-2010 05:54 PM

...and wouldn't know if he can help you, since you didn't explain what's your problem. ;)

AmberWind 04-06-2010 07:26 PM

where ever i download the game i keep getting the same type of file, and no its nto a zip file, the file i keep getting is called Wolf.1.321C02, if i can actually figure out how to get a picture of what the file i get ill post it.

Mighty Midget 04-06-2010 07:42 PM

I just downloaded our zip and it's a working zip. :huh:

AmberWind 09-06-2010 10:00 PM

i guess my computer dosent like me much, but i managed to find a web site that gave me the zip file

Unregistered12334567890 14-08-2010 03:48 AM

I need help >.< I downloaded it but..

I downloaded it but its not coming up what so ever ? Whats wrong?

DarthHelmet86 14-08-2010 04:54 AM

What isn't coming up? Have you extracted the files from the zip? Are you using Dosbox? To really help you we are going to need a few more details.

Meka 11-12-2010 10:55 AM

How to install Wolf

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest (Post 115338)

here is the link to the tutorial i used...
http://www.glennsguides.com/2009/05/...d-install.html
good luck!

DarthHelmet86 11-12-2010 10:58 AM

Or the person who posted that....years ago I bet....could use the one on our site. Dosbox Tutorial.

Meka 11-12-2010 11:00 AM

Mating

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meka (Post 418781)
here is the link to the tutorial i used...
http://www.glennsguides.com/2009/05/...d-install.html
good luck!

oh and if im playing the alpha female how do i get the alpha male to breed with my wolf?The game has no instructions.

deaddonkey 07-02-2011 01:59 AM

I had a lot of fun with this game when I first bought it ages ago. I still have the CD laying around but it's at my parents house.

LordBreadsticks 19-10-2011 11:20 PM

Here's a good site for both wolf and lion: http://wolf-forum.forumh.net/
Just thought I'd share.

To mate, some conditions must be met:
1) It has to be the appropriate month for mating season in the region you're in. (Woodland and Plains regions must be on the ninth month.)
2) You must be either alpha male or female in order to mate.
3) You both must be neither hungry, thirsty, or too tired. You also can't be injured.

If all three are met, on the ninth month your alpha partner will come find you and force you to mate. You do not actually get to choose when you'll mate, and anytime you try to, you'll be denied. Not sure why, but this is how it works. If the mating was successful, you'll get pups on month zero. It will ask you to name them, and genders will go in the order of boy, girl, boy, girl. You may only have up to four pups in a litter. If you already have six members in your pack, your pups will chase the extra wolves away when they become seven months old.

Kaite35 08-09-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eekhoorn (Post 111613)
If you can add Lion too

Im having problems,whenever i press get it,it pops up to a screen
and at the bottom it says,make a donation...
do you HAVE to make a donation? I really want to play this game :(

The Fifth Horseman 08-09-2012 01:47 PM

No, you don't have to make a donation.
The download is supposed to begin when the donation page opens. Wait a few seconds and it should start - if it doesn't, please use the on-site Contact Form to report this problem to our tech support (make sure your report includes information about the browser you are using and its' version).

Please_Help_ME 15-11-2013 08:24 PM

WOLF plan files on my laptop?!?

So a few months ago I had logged onto my computer to find my whole screen was covered in files, all labeled different things(some labeled wolf/with the word wolf), and most of them were note files. I became very confused, and for a little while I had thought it was some form of virus, so I became cautious with my laptop for the next few days.
Now that I think about it, this happened 6 days after finding out about the WOLF game.
This next part may be a bit confusing....
So today, the day I made this post, I got bored so I opened the folder I had put all the strange files into. At that moment I remembered you can see the dates of the folders, so I only checked a few, and they all said *2/14/1998*, BEFORE I was born, and WAY BEFORE my laptop was made. I thought about it some more, looking through some of the note files. I could only access the note files, because the others needed some different application to open them correctly. One of them said this, and I copied/quote: Object: Find the den. Difficulty: Beginner Task: You are Hercules, a male wolf without a sense of smell, who is very far from your den. Can you find the den in just one day? Object: Find a missing cub. Difficulty: Intermediate Task: You are Blackmuzzle, a female wolf, who has to find your missing cub. Can you find the cub in just two days? Object: Kill a big moose. Difficulty: Beginner Task: You are Hercules, a male wolf. Can you find a moose and kill him in just 12 hours? Object: Survive one day. Difficulty: Intermediate Task: You are Mikhail, a male wolf. You killed a caribou and the hunters are after you. Can you survive for one day? Object: Survive without senses. Difficulty: Expert Task: You are Deepwoods, a male wolf. You are old and your senses have failed. Can you survive for two days? Object: Keep your cubs alive. Difficulty: Intermediate Task: You are Graytips, a female wolf. Can you keep your cubs alive for one week? Object: Caribou group hunt. Difficulty: Intermediate Task: You are Snarls, a male wolf. You have just 12 hours to follow the caribou group hunt, watch how they kill caribou, and eat the prey when it is killed. Object: Find a partner with whom to mate. Difficulty: Intermediate Task: You are Hercules, a male wolf. Can you find an alpha female in just two days? Object: Kill a hare. Difficulty: Beginner Task: You are Glidepath, an injured wolf. Can you kill a hare in just one day? Object: Find the pack. Difficulty: Intermediate Task: You are Snowbound, an old injured male wolf. Can you find your pack in just two days? Object: Survive one week. Difficulty: Intermediate Task: You are Jewel, an old female wolf. Can you survive one week? Object: Migrate your pack. Difficulty: Intermediate Task: You are Hercules, an alpha male wolf. Your pack killed all the animals in the area. Can you migrate your pack into a new area with sufficient animals in just one week? Object: Kill a mighty musk ox. Difficulty: Expert Task: You are Starspeak, a female wolf. Can you kill a musk oxen in one week? Object: Rise to alpha status. Difficulty: Expert Task: You are Splash, a young wolf. Can you rise to alpha in one month?

SORRY: It was formated like that. Anyways, I remembered the first names on this list: Mikhail, Splash and Jewel. I came on this forum, and saw a picture. Of a wolf profile. A wolf named JEWEL. With the same exact goals, etc. This creeped me out. I found other things, but this is my main thing I found. Could anyone help me? Has THIS happened to anyone else? I really wanna crack this code; it seems like a creepypasta thing, I dunno. It'd be cool, but seriously, if you know ANYTHING, or have any questions/ suggestions, PLEASE ANSWER ME. I NEED HELP.

*I looked back through the dates, and they ALL, I repeat, ALL FILES say 2/14/1998, at the same time: 10:07. No, wait, some of them called SCEN.<different formats here> Are made a minute later, at 10:08. All except for one, called NOSE. That one is made on 8/29/2013, at 6:16. It looks the same, just facts and info about the wolf...I seriously need help. I'm getting more and more scared, I don't even know why...Please help me..

dosraider 15-11-2013 09:48 PM

Dunno if your post is serious or not, but if it's serious....
Quote:

Originally Posted by Please_Help_ME (Post 458125)
So a few months ago I had logged onto my computer to find my whole screen was covered in files, all labeled different things(some labeled wolf/with the word wolf), ..... plenty blah blah blah ....

You simply unzipped all wolf game files to your desktop, congrats.
No need to worry, simply delete what you don't want there.
As for the 'scen' files: scenery game files.
Date : when the game was made/zipped/whatever/..........

....and if your post was a prank, THX, I had a good laugh. :lol:

There is of course always the possibility that an intehnet wolf is taken over your laptop bit by bit, and yes, that's when you really should be scared .....

wolfgal91 13-09-2014 11:38 PM

help!

Help im a 21st century 12 year old how do i download this game!!

Japo 14-09-2014 01:10 AM

Just click on the big red button that says "get it!" You have to do it twice in a row, after a second page loads. Don't worry about requests to donate, it's not required to download.

You get a zip file that you must unpack. If you don't know how you can check this tutorial:
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=17497

And then you need DOSBox to play, here's a simple tutorial:
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=17498

Snowstar 19-01-2016 09:49 PM

64-bit... 32 bit??

Help! I really want to play this game so badly, but whenever I open the "WOLF" application... it says "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running." HELP! It also says stuff about "contact the software publisher"... I REALLY WANT TO PLAY THIS!!!

zirkoni 20-01-2016 06:53 PM

This is a DOS game, you need to run it inside an emulator.

arete 21-01-2016 08:36 PM

Run with the pack upon the slopes of the snow-covered Rockies! With DOSbox!

Guest-Nakomis 10-04-2016 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest_Fox (Post 125108)
Dosbox is Dos, with a few bugs, the fullscreen is buggered.

Question, what is the animal that makes that god awful SKREEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEWWWWK!!!!!! sound?

I believe it's an elk. When you get close enough to it, you can hear that sound.

Not member11111 11-07-2017 12:35 AM

Wolf laggy?

Is DOS making the WOLF game laggy/buggy? Like whenever I walk, run or trot, the mouse and the whole game shakes slightly. If you get it?
It's really annoying, it started to happen like that when I got to fix the sound problem for the game.

Japo 11-07-2017 02:50 PM

Are you using DOSBox? Are you using default settings?

Not member11111 11-07-2017 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 468157)
Are you using DOSBox? Are you using default settings?

Yah, using DOSbox. I believe the settings are right because the only thing I changed were to add sound.

Smiling Spectre 12-07-2017 02:25 PM

"Default" usually means "quite slow". Try to speed things up with Ctrl+F12. :)

DatSimGuy6007 10-12-2017 12:08 AM

I've seen so many different posts about getting puppies in WOLF that I'm not sure what to believe.

The first thing I read was that you become alpha and mate with the other alpha in autumn when both of your stats are completely full while alone/away from the rest of the pack.

Then apparently you can mate regardless of your pack status and stats but it must be in winter and being around your pack doesn't matter.

Then apparently you can mate in any season but you must both be alphas and full.

What are the exact conditions for mating? And how long is pup gestation?

The current time is 01:20 PM (GMT)