Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Ignition (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=249)

Kosta 27-05-2004 08:38 PM

Ignition

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Stroggy 27-05-2004 09:37 PM

I'm downloading it now

okay...
the game looks like fun, very fast
however it crashes randomly.
first time I could play it for a minute, second time a minute and a half, then a minute again.
It would always crash
Its probably something with the graphics options... I'll look into it in the morning.

anyway, thanks :)

Kosta 27-05-2004 09:53 PM

This is the patched version so it shouldn't crash often.

However, I DO NOT recommend turning on mipmapping and that other option because I believe those are the main reasons responsible for game crashes!

Stroggy 27-05-2004 10:01 PM

yeah thats probably it.
As I said I'll look into it in the morning.
i've been studying all day long so i'm too tired to solve the problem now.

anyway
thanks again for this nice game

LotharGR 27-05-2004 10:04 PM

I cannot download it now since it is very large, and i will not stay long, but since its a 3D game i have to say this... Many old 3D games have problems with modern graphic cards. So, a thing you could do, would be to stop all the accelerated functions of your Gfx card by its controls in the graphic options. The game after all is very old and so i don't suppose that you will see any decrease in its speed.

Titan 27-05-2004 11:53 PM

With a good CPU, it just runs the 3D-instructions also.. don't worry...

Anyway... try type this at the main-screen: "filmjolk"... it's actualy a sort of breakfast, but in this case also a cheat.... of some sort... muhahaha..

mika 28-05-2004 07:06 AM

My man Kosta, that's the best review you've written so far. I can see you really enjoyed/liked this game. I've never played it myself, but am gonna enjoy trying it out for the first time. Thanks! 8)

Anonymous 28-05-2004 09:34 AM

Hell, I've turned off all the options this time............ why does the game crash so much under XP?

LotharGR 28-05-2004 11:27 AM

the simplest answer.... :P - because it wasnt made for winXP :)

FreeFreddy 28-05-2004 11:38 AM

And XP wasn't made compatible to older Windows or games for older Windows. :)

LotharGR 28-05-2004 12:00 PM

oh well...windows will always be windows. Newer versions repair the problems of older version and create new problems :) ( and for that reason you always have to get the next newer version... good policy :P )

Tom Henrik 28-05-2004 02:51 PM

Are you guys sure about this?

I have XP on my computer and Ignition runs perfectly... :?
Not one bug....

Stroggy 28-05-2004 04:00 PM

As I had suspected it had something to do with the graphics
I simply turned down some of the options and its works great now.

And to all those who are critisizing windows I repeat: It works great :wink:

Tom Henrik 28-05-2004 04:04 PM

Yeah...
Don't badmouth WinXP :P

LotharGR 28-05-2004 08:31 PM

I do not critisize winXP. In fact i believe that they are the best windows version ever. Its just that their problems came from a very simple factor. If they runned on standard configuration machines without the open-architecture of the PCs they would be without any problems. But they are not. They run on PCs with 1.000.000 ( and maybe more :P ) different configurations ( software and hardware ). So it is expected that they will have problems. Problems with certain hardware, problems with certain software. Anyway. I suppose we got a bit off topic :)

Anonymous 29-05-2004 06:44 AM

NOw I think the crashes have to do with CPU speed, not WindowsXP. I slowed down my CPU speed and Ignition doesn't crash anymore

Titan 29-05-2004 11:33 AM

A game made for the Win-9X-core running on a Win-NT-core... sais it all...

Both Win NT5 and NT6 are realy stable cores, but at a cost of compability..
Win-ME is somewhat good for gaming and marginaly more stable then the win98 release, but still.. it's a Win-9X-core with SOME elements of the NT-core...

Icemant90 29-05-2004 12:48 PM

Hmmm... I'm getting it now, but its a bit big. For my 56k anyway. I've been wondering for awhile now...:

To make a really small file:
Make an install of it.
Zip the install.
Make an install of the zip.
Zi that install.
Etc.

Would that work.

FreeFreddy 29-05-2004 02:12 PM

Would not work really, because you cannot compress compressed file any further, so it will become as a result even larger. 8)

Ioncannon 29-05-2004 02:53 PM

love this game, I don't have no crashes though.

Omuletzu 30-05-2004 11:09 AM

Quote:

Would not work really, because you cannot compress compressed file any further, so it will become as a result even larger. 8)
I'm not so sure about that fred.I remember files that were first compressed in ace, then in zip and then in rar.So it's possible.About the result beeing larger, i'm not sure, i'll look into. :terror: <<heheh new emoticon :D>>

Anonymous 02-06-2004 10:48 AM

ive been looking for this game! thanks for putting it up, looking forward to LANing it - well its the only reason why i got it really.

as for the winXP crashes, turn off mipmapping and pers. poly options under GFX - they caused the crashes for me originally.

Hellblade 04-06-2004 04:41 AM

to Nivvy

No, we've discussed this before, turning off all the game options just makes the game lasts a bit longer before crashing.

i went to my Bios and turned down my CPU speed, and Ignition works just fine now

FreeFreddy 04-06-2004 06:29 AM

Isn't it just simpler to use a slowdown program instead? Slowdown for example works fine on all new systems and can be located here: http://newton.pbk-solutions.de/ncu_nbu/slowdown.htm

Hellblade 04-06-2004 11:12 AM

for this particular game, no

slow down programs are always "choppy". Now I can live with choppy gameplay, but this means my CPU will perform at peak efficiency once in a while. That's when the game jumps back into Windows, and then I need to restart the whole single player tornament again.

Damn this game for having no save option

Anonymous 05-06-2004 03:00 PM

Ignition

Уж простите меня за мой руский :) но мне игра очень понравилась ещё
в 1997 году. Игрался целыми днями. Обалденная игрушка. СУПЕР !!!!!

It is a very very very very fun game !!!! Good game !!!! RuleZzZ !!!!!

Forgive me for my Russian:) but game has very much liked me still In 1997. It was played by the whole days. An excellent toy. СУПЕР!!!!!

FreeFreddy 05-06-2004 03:05 PM

Re: Ignition

Quote:

Уж простите меня за мой руский :) но мне игра очень понравилась ещё *
в 1997 году. Игрался целыми днями. Обалденная игрушка. СУПЕР !!!!!

How did you select that font? Would like to write something in it too...
Bilo bi prekrasno! :D

Kosta 06-06-2004 11:31 AM

Re: Ignition

Quote:

How did you select that font? Would like to write something in it too... Bilo bi prekrasno! *:D
Hey, you know russian?

Tom Henrik 06-06-2004 11:34 AM

Kosta...

He IS russian :wink:

He just lives in Germany, and looks at himself as a German... but he is originally Russian. :)

Stroggy 06-06-2004 12:21 PM

I think we can all speak another language.
some can speak Spanish, others Russian.

I can speak French and Hebrew :wink:

Tom Henrik 06-06-2004 02:15 PM

Personally I can only speak and write Norwegian, English & German...

I am currently learning to speak Cantoneese, but since I'm moving to Spain this autumn... I will have to learn more Spanish instead :wink:

Anyway... This is off-topic and I think it would better to continue this talk on The Picard's topic "Where are you from?"...

Danny252 06-06-2004 03:35 PM

I can do a bit of french..
now what was because in french again..
and why must I wait 45 mins for a game :'(

Anonymous 12-06-2004 04:23 PM

where to download this game????????

DeathCore 12-06-2004 04:55 PM

I used to play this game when I was little :D
But yet...i'm still little :s

Tom Henrik 12-06-2004 07:03 PM

You can get the game on this site...

Omuletzu 14-06-2004 07:52 AM

Guest, you can download the game here:
http://www.abandonia.com/game_display.php?ID=107

PS Why can't i use HTML code... why is it turned off?

DeathCore 14-06-2004 09:09 AM

If HTML was enabled, this board would be gone quicker than it is disabled 8)

Kiddiarni 14-06-2004 06:39 PM

Quote:

If HTML was enabled, this board would be gone quicker than it is disabled 8)
What do you mean "Be Gone"?

DeathCore 14-06-2004 09:18 PM

There are evil people [excluding me frm this catagory] that are bored and attack sites. As boards like this [PHPbb] have the most exploits in the HTML section. If you don't know what a exploit it, look it up on google... Someone could takeover the whole site with only a few html tags placed in the correct order :s

Titan 16-06-2004 11:00 AM

A little off-topic now... get back on track..

Anonymous 18-06-2004 06:45 PM

I bought Ignition years ago.

I paid $5 at one of Software Etc. closeout tables.

I consider it one of my best games ever. (Dogfighter is another great from the same table)

I'm having trouble getting it to multiplay over the network (Linksys peir to peir router) Is there someway to set it to use TCP/IP instead of IPX/SP?

If you haven't used the camera cheat. Type svinpole at the main menue (no cursor but it will play a tone when you have it right). It gives the game a whole new reason to play.

JJ :wink:

Data 18-06-2004 07:18 PM

kali ?

Omuletzu 19-06-2004 04:32 PM

mommy?

Anonymous 22-06-2004 10:39 PM

Does it work with Wine for Linux?

DeathCore 23-06-2004 12:46 AM

I think DOSbox is also released for linux...
And by that, yes, wine and winex should be able to play it...

blade 24-06-2004 11:58 PM

Hmm, my game main menu is slow as hell.. takes forever to click anything... game's fine though. Graphic resolution could be a bit better but I guess it's fun. I used to play this on Sega with my friend, it's much more fun with somebody.

By the way, I downloaded this game on another website.... is Ingition on this website modefied, or changed? Or is it same?

~Blade

FreeFreddy 25-06-2004 09:56 AM

Are you using DosBox to play the game? You can increase emulation speed there with CTRL+F12 and decrease with CTRL+F11, of course you need fast PC for that, at least P4-1800 should be fine, faster - better.

blade 25-06-2004 05:34 PM

No, I haven't tried DosBox yet. I'm using AMD Athlon XP+ 2100+.... so my machine is pretty damn fast. I am into CG, so it has to be fast.

I'll try DosBox and i'll see if that helps.

~Blade

Durak 04-07-2004 02:58 PM

AMD 2100 isn't all that fast...

Anonymous 12-07-2004 07:15 AM

Does anybody know where i can download a full version of Ignition?

FreeFreddy 12-07-2004 07:18 AM

Here on this site... :?
Here's the link: http://www.abandonia.com/game_display.php?ID=107

Data 12-07-2004 01:28 PM

Quote:

mommy?
kali is a ipx to tcp wrapper package.

Vahlto 12-07-2004 01:47 PM

Quote:

No, I haven't tried DosBox yet. I'm using AMD Athlon XP+ 2100+.... so my machine is pretty damn fast. I am into CG, so it has to be fast.

~Blade

The DOS-box does not work on my PC, which is actually quite similar to yours.
My problem with running Ignition is this: the game appears only on one half of the screen, while the upper half remains invisible. How on earth is this possible, and does anyone else have the same problem?

FreeFreddy 12-07-2004 02:47 PM

This could mean only one thing: that your graphics card doesn't support the resolution that Ignition uses. I don't know if you can change resolutions in Ignition, but if you can, change and see if the display is better then.

Anonymous 13-07-2004 03:53 PM

This game looks sweet using a Glide wrapper and doesn't crash in Glide mode (at least not for me). See the Vogons site for more info. The normal Windows mode is pretty ugly and it crashed on me a lot.

Anonymous 17-07-2004 07:10 AM

i just downloaded this game and i guess i dont have the right

program to unzip the file. i have winzip but it doens't recognize the file

what program should i use to unzip it?!?!

Tom Henrik 17-07-2004 07:23 AM

That is strange...

Try WinRAR then. I used it to open the archive, and it worked for me.

I think the download adress was:
http://www.rarlab.com

Havell 17-07-2004 11:27 AM

You could just use PowerArchiver, it opens every sort of archive and is avalible on this site.

grindlover 09-11-2004 07:28 AM

Anyone saw the addons (levels, cars, something else) for this excellent game?

Koen 21-12-2004 04:16 PM

Thanks for this fantastic game! I only played the shareware version before!

BTW: about crashing. Turn off the persp. poly option and everything will run fine. (That was the case by me...). Otherwise it'll crash.

How small can good games be... :ok:

toughluck 03-01-2005 09:22 AM

My problem: the game garbles up the pallette. Not "often," not "usually," but "always." I wouldn't complain - one or two odd colors I would not mind, but the pallette is completely mixed up, and it's hard to see anything in the game.
I've tried turning off various gfx options, as well as turning sound off. To no avail. Turning everything off and running in 320x200 only delayed the garble, but it still appeared. I've tried running the dos version, but it had multiple other issues, so I gave up trying.
Could anyone give me a tip on how to make it run correctly?

Guest 03-01-2005 10:35 PM

Another great tool for archiving is IZArc. I don't have a URL on me at the moment, but it's a great free ware tool that can compress and decompress many formats, including 7-Zip which I use all the time. Google IZArc and/or IZSoft.

Thanks to everyone here at Abandonia, it's a great site. Hours of fun with some reminiscing :ok:

Sidewinder 27-01-2005 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Anonymous@May 28 2004, 09:34 AM
Hell, I've turned off all the options this time............ why does the game crash so much under XP?
Use compatible mode. Click left mouse button on the ignition icon -> Properties
-> and change the compatible mode to windows 95.
The option: "Persp. vinel" is the only reason that the game crashes.

Guest 04-02-2005 06:05 PM

Go ot this site.....they stole your layout. www.ignition.dissolvedhosting.com

spiderchild 04-02-2005 08:09 PM

if your talking about the forum im' preety sure this one is an invision powerboard and thats public so not stolen

spiderchild 04-02-2005 08:34 PM

by the way this game had placebo playing as its soundtrack.. maybe thats just cos i had it in the drive at the time. but why would a game that is probably surpossed to be played from cd rom automaticaly play the tracks on the cd? maybe cause the programers were lazy and just made it play audio files on cd.......... i should shut up now

ps soz 4 double post

mouse31e 04-02-2005 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by spiderchild@Feb 4 2005, 09:34 PM
by the way this game had placebo playing as its soundtrack.. maybe thats just cos i had it in the drive at the time. but why would a game that is probably surpossed to be played from cd rom automaticaly play the tracks on the cd? maybe cause the programers were lazy and just made it play audio files on cd.......... i should shut up now

ps soz 4 double post

I'm not sure but I seem to remember it either:

1) installed fully and didn't require the cd-rom to run
or
2) needed the cd-rom to load the program but didn't need it beyond startup.

I think 2 is more likely. :D

It certainly plays the music from whatever cd is in the drive!

NKH 27-02-2005 07:01 AM

LOL Ignition this game is very funny~
Very exciting !
I have got the final car "IGNITION"
It is very fast~

Student 02-03-2005 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by NKH@Feb 27 2005, 08:01 AM
LOL Ignition this game is very funny~
Very exciting !
I have got the final car "IGNITION"
It is very fast~

Gee me too :ok:
Tis game is great :D

Teorias 02-03-2005 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by blade@Jun 25 2004, 05:34 PM

~Blade

I've already seen another post where some guy complained that he had an athlon xp and couldn't run game xxx. i'm starting to think that those cpu's don't cope well with older games. I play Ignition on my crappy Celeron 1800 and the game runs fine. Doesn't need Dosbox.
Cool game, specially when you play against other human players. it's always fun to see our brother or friend squished by a rock when he is in the lead :Brain:

K_Shu 04-04-2005 03:16 PM

this hole site is for muck , i can't atach a pic , i can't do muck .i hope you *meep*in rott

Danny252 04-04-2005 03:18 PM

I can attach pics ^^
but you are a guest, guests have limited options. and forums.

Optimus 05-04-2005 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Titan@May 27 2004, 11:53 PM
Anyway... try type this at the main-screen: "filmjolk"... it's actualy a sort of breakfast, but in this case also a cheat.... of some sort... muhahaha..
Actually, filmjolk(or filmjölk) is a swedish word for Sour milk, a realy great breakfast togheter with some cerials:)

Looker 18-04-2005 08:13 AM

Hi this game is very nice.. I love it heheeee thanks all :D

Guest 25-04-2005 07:40 PM

there is not 10 levels...only 7 or 8. you can't access the last two from the level selection, at least I am not able to. you can see them, but they are "unclickable". also, there is listed only 7 countries in the level map.

this is not the full version?

Guest 04-05-2005 04:20 AM

Hmm i can`t install it...
I am using xdosemu on linux and when i try install it, it need some IGN_DOS.EXE and there is only IGN_WIN.EXE help pls! :cry:

Guest 04-05-2005 07:59 PM

i can only suggets that you get yourself windows, and install the game there.

I'm sorry that I can't help you in any other ways. it's a great game, and you NEED to try it:)

Bobbin Threadbare 05-07-2005 05:13 AM

OMG! I never realised THIS gane was on here. It's great ain't it. I didn't actually get it from here. I already had it. Huho! I'm gonna try 'n' vs. people in it.

Nemeiah 06-07-2005 11:04 AM

man........i love this game!!!!i ve always been lookinn for it and finally i found it!!!!indeed it's a great game!!i can only hope it will work on my system :D

Ignition6 15-07-2005 12:18 PM

[font=Times][size=14][color=orange]This game very cool! I playing this game every day :w00t: ! I love this game!
Thanks for this great game!

Guest_Ryan 04-08-2005 06:17 PM

This game is absolutely the coolest racing game on Abandonia. I beat all the chanpionships and got a super-cool Ignition car with top acceleration, speed , turbo , and traction. Its a totally cool game! :cheers:

Guest 07-08-2005 12:31 PM

I use dos 6.22 and when I run this game I have no sound :(

and when I ruin setup.exe it says i need windows, and when I run dos_inst it just reinstalls the game but still no soundcard settings or sounds.

all other games have sound, so it's the game...

Guest_micky 21-08-2005 01:24 PM

i want play this game with you all

please play and tell me how play this game on internet?

i will wait your answer. :ok:
:Brain:

Guest_David 30-08-2005 11:41 AM

hola amigos, he leido la presentacion acerca del ignition y estoy de acuerdo en que es estupendo. Pero no estoy de acuerdo con que el único objetivo es ganar.
Se puede además intentar cerrar a los otros coches para que Coop gane el campeonato novato. Intentar ganarlo con marcha manual corriendo siempre en la marcha slow. O intentar ganar un campeonato sin dar un solo turbo. Y tambien intentar ganar el campeonato corriendo con la dos manos y los dos coches a la vez en pantalla dividida(multijugador).
Si alguien hay intentado esto seguro que sabe que ignition es mucho más divertido de que los demas piensan.
Alguien me puede contestar por favor?

Scarface 30-08-2005 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest_David@Aug 30 2005, 06:41 AM
Si alguien hay intentado esto seguro que sabe que ignition es mucho más divertido de que los demas piensan.
Alguien me puede contestar por favor?

Lo bueno del juego es que hay muchas posibilidades de hacerlo divertido aparte de las tradicionales. No he probado lo que tu dices pero cuando tenga la oportunidad lo voy a intentar :ok:

Kearnsy 15-09-2005 01:50 PM

yeeeeeeeeeah.... I agree. :eeeeeh:

Anyway this game is the best!!!!!
Its is just plain fun. Nothing complex or anything that needs brain power. Just race!!!!! :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:
Reminds me of 'mashed' which was another cool game. :max:

RedHeadSebbe 15-09-2005 01:52 PM

Thats because its Swedish!!!!!
:ok:

Kearnsy 15-09-2005 03:05 PM

Hooray for Sweeden!!!!
(I have really nice Sweedish friends) but thats :ot:
Anyway they really know how to make a game!!!!
[and no need for dosbox!] always a time saver!
I give it:
:ok: :ok:

Paprika 23-09-2005 07:48 AM

Ignition rox! I'm 28 now and i missed this game really much. I love it. Used to play it for hours.. days.. weeks... Great game! THANK YOU FOR THIS DOWNLOAD!!! Never had any problems with either installing it or playing it under any MS os. [that'd be from dos 6 to win2003server].

You can try typing some codes in [for those lazy ones that do not want to win 7 races and win cars and tracks by themselves]:

SURMULE: all cars
SLASKTRATT: all tracks
[or vice versa, I really ain't sure]

And one final thing: Does anyone have D3D or GL patch for this one?

Greetz! Igor, Belgrade

:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

Paprika 23-09-2005 07:52 AM

Oh, yhea! Swedish games, swedish girls, swedish metal bands...

Swedes ARE great!

Seeya people!

:cheers:

Kenney 23-09-2005 07:02 PM

I played this game when I was little, I loved the multiplayer mode! Great game! And it's abandonware already! Time goes fast! :blink:

Henrik 13-10-2005 06:47 PM

Tip for those having problems running the game. I had lots of problems with constant crashes, but then I right clicket the exe-file and chose "run as windows 98" under "compatability".

Now it works perfectly and hasn't crashed since!

Ride on...

Henrik

AlexXx 11-11-2005 05:39 PM

To bad that they didn't made Ignition 2 !!
Do you know any other games that's like Ignition ?? :w00t:

Mikko 25-11-2005 10:02 PM

Could anybosy tell how to start game in dosbox, because I can't find eny file that would do it
I'm running linux so windows files are not an option
maindos.exe crashes and install requires a bat file to work

as I red the forum I understud that somebody has been playing with dosbox

and second question is, have anybody tried this in xbox with dosbox, or is there ignition in any other platform

I played ignition in late 1990's with my pc and it was good

javaguy 29-11-2005 06:48 PM

um I have no knowledge of linux, but whats wrong with using wine for the windows version??
should work.. no?

by the way, I love this game.. so so much, its so addictive! :kosta: (hail game)

JimmyJ 30-11-2005 02:58 AM

This game only has a few tracks :'(. I'd like a track editor!

mile 20-12-2005 08:47 PM

Hey.

Anybody tried the the multi player network option?
What kind of network is required?
What is IPX?

Thanks,
mile

TheStig 29-12-2005 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mile@Dec 20 2005, 09:47 PM
Anybody tried the the multi player network option?
What kind of network is required?
What is IPX?

I can't get LAN to work... any similar experiences?

Playing under Windows XP works great after turning off mipmapping and persp. poly.

When playing splitscreen, the keyboard signals seem to interfere badly, this is no fun :(.

JimmyJ 29-12-2005 09:00 PM

Keyboard signals ALWAYS interfere badle for me on any 2p game, so i went out and bought a joystick and a gamepad :D

U96 07-02-2006 09:02 PM

hmm.. when the game starts, fine , but then screen goes black... and my monitor says: no input signal ?

bruno 09-02-2006 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by U96@Feb 7 2006, 11:02 PM
hmm.. when the game starts, fine , but then screen goes black... and my monitor says: no input signal ?
This is not a problem with the game, but maybe is a problem with your pc........

Aboo 14-02-2006 03:24 PM

Some cheats to get the last two tracks and 3 new cars

type in:

SURMULE

and

SLASKTRATT

in the carmenu

Love this game, and it's swedish too, like me. Woohoo tuffingar puss och kram

Bloto 02-04-2006 09:10 PM

Glaby z was bo nie kumacie co do was pisze :max: :max: :max: :max: :max: :max: i wymiatam a wy angole jebane spierdalac:)

Ignited. 04-04-2006 01:52 PM

Hey people what are your fastest lap times on moosefall jaws, post ur fastest track/lap here please. I'll keep track on a top-10, please post ur best track/lap time :D.

David Jimenez 04-04-2006 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ignited.@Apr 4 2006, 01:52 PM
Hey people what are your fastest lap times on moosefall jaws, post ur fastest track/lap here please. I'll keep track on a top-10, please post ur best track/lap time :D.
Hello, I will put my best ghost times for everybody can you do the same?

Hola a todos si ponemos cada uno nuestros mejores tiempos fantasmas podremos saber quien es el mejor ok?

David Jimenez 04-04-2006 04:06 PM

These are my best times in the PRO nivel with the car SMOKE in all circuits:

moosejaw: 1:56:00 gold rush: 1:33:29 snake island: 2:16:00

lost ruins: 2:39:20 yodel peaks: 2:32:00 cape thor: 2:20:25 tokio: 2:54:73

everybody put your records please
poner vuestros mejores tiempos vale?

bruno 04-04-2006 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bloto@Apr 2 2006, 10:10 PM
Glaby z was bo nie kumacie co do was pisze :max: :max: :max: :max: :max: :max: i wymiatam a wy angole jebane spierdalac:)
please, speak in english, this forum have only one language.... :sneaky:

The Fifth Horseman 05-04-2006 12:34 PM

Translation (literal):
Quote:

You're dumb, because you don't git what I am saying B) B) B) B) B) and I rule and you f*cking limeys go get f*cked
I feel a sudden itch to use the "delete" button.

To think that such retards most often represent my country on the internet is an insult enough by itself.

Droopinho 05-04-2006 02:52 PM

Hi guys! I'm really excited to discover you had retrieve Homm1! I downloaded the zip file but i have a CRC error when I un zip... So it's impossible to play :( Could you help me please?

The Fifth Horseman 05-04-2006 03:11 PM

Well, it's a wrong thread, but I'm in good mood today enough to not be nit-picky about sittle slip-ups. Next time post in the appropriate discussion, though.

As for your problem, it's an obvious corrupt download. Try downloading another copy of the file. Also, re-name the corrupt first downloaded archive rather than deleting it (if you have problems with free disk space, don't feel bad about deleting the corrupt archive immediately) - you can delete it freely after you prove the second download to be allright.

David Jimenez 05-04-2006 05:28 PM

PLEASE, CAN EVERYBODY PUT THEIR BEST TIMES, FOR EXAMPLE WITH SMOKE IN NIVEL PRO?

dreadinc 07-04-2006 05:47 PM

well I have ALL your times licked except the last one , but not with smoke, I created a page, WAY back when the game cam out, and unfortunately none of my friends could beat them, thats why u only see my scores, my ghosts are also there for download, just click on name of the lvl, if u not on PRO difficulty, then dont even try !! ;-)

oh and my favourite is CAPE THOR, I used smokey on that 1 !!

found a very sneaky shortcut, and that is with smokey, see if u can beat my ghost !!

http://www.geocities.com/dreadinc2000/ignition/ig.html

post the scores here, then I will update my page.

if the links go bad, then my bandwidth limit for the month has been used up, sorry, there is quite alot of $h1t on my site

But I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this game as well, a stupid muck broke into our house and robbed me of half my originals, so I imagine my joy at finding this site !

Like the reviewer said ... EVERYBODY LOVES THIS GAME ! ;-)

Guest 08-04-2006 12:42 PM

:cry: :ranting: :angry: :Titan: i can't play it if i click on the exe then the screen goes black and nothing more can someone help :help:

dreadinc 10-04-2006 10:01 AM

I dont know if u have tried this already, but there is an install.exe that lets u install the game, sometimes just running the games exe without installing can cause problems

and where are those guys who wanted laptimes ?!?!? check my post (2 posts up) I need some competition dammit !! ;-)

Master MC 10-04-2006 03:03 PM

Sorry to disappoint you, with my all caps I was being sarcastic, you know, responding to your all caps post. :unsure:
I don't even know the game ! :ph34r:

A human from Norway 15-04-2006 04:52 AM

4 better graphic, truck on "+". :angel:

JB 27-04-2006 01:23 AM

Please help.. the game crashes randomly and i am running in pure DOS 6.22 on a Pentium 200 MMX, 48 mb ram and just a simple PCI gfx card without 3D support, what may cause this? =(

Crash address (unrelocated) = 1:00010878

JB 27-04-2006 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by JB@Apr 27 2006, 01:23 AM
Please help.. the game crashes randomly and i am running in pure DOS 6.22 on a Pentium 200 MMX, 48 mb ram and just a simple PCI gfx card without 3D support, what may cause this? =(

Crash address (unrelocated) = 1:00010878

Nevermind i tried that graphic setting and now it works fine.. really cool game! =)

But it eats CPU... i can only run in 320x200 if i want perfect framerate and you can see the system i am using as DOS computer above.. its old but so are the game =)

Guest_ryan 07-05-2006 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by David Jimenez@Apr 5 2006, 05:28 PM
PLEASE, CAN EVERYBODY PUT THEIR BEST TIMES, FOR EXAMPLE WITH SMOKE IN NIVEL PRO?
Putting your best times here doesn't really make sense, since the lap-times are different on each PC. I guess the speed of the game-clock depends on the processing speed of your computer. I cannot really compare my old times on my old pc with the new ones on this pc. :cry:

bruno 09-05-2006 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest_ryan+May 7 2006, 10:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guest_ryan @ May 7 2006, 10:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-David Jimenez@Apr 5 2006, 05:28 PM
Putting your best times here doesn't really make sense, since the lap-times are different on each PC. I guess the speed of the game-clock depends on the processing speed of your computer. I cannot really compare my old times on my old pc with the new ones on this pc. :cry: [/b][/quote]
Yes, you are right, it is impossible to compare, but is fun to try to beat the record, but it is possible, i have a pc slower that in my work, but my records, are made in the slowest pc. :bleh:

dreadinc 12-05-2006 05:41 PM

what u say there makes sense, but I have my ghost files from my Athlon 800 Mhz machine, and I can keep up with, and actually managed to beat 1 of them on my Turion 2GHz ?

So I dont think that the speed argument holds up all that much, almost like quake where the programmer actually knew what he was doing when he programmed the game... I dont believe I actually just typed that about THE john carmack !
My ghosts are at the link I posted above

Guest 16-05-2006 09:10 PM

i don't think it matters much on which computer you run it ......

the lap times shouldn't be different at all , if the game goes too fast then just slow it down

Emil J?rgensen DK 17-05-2006 02:01 AM

This game is awesome.. Damn its good to play again.. Installed it in Win95 and WinXP Pro, both worked fine.. DOWNLOAD NOW!! :ok:

dreadinc 26-05-2006 05:12 PM

just for those too lazy to click on links, here are some records, just waiting for some competition

Map Lap driver total driver
moosejaw falls lap: 36:48 dread total: 1:50:79 dread
gold rush lap: 28:82 dread total: 1:32:36 dread
snake island lap: 44:36 dread total: 2:14:96 dread
lost ruins lap: 52:08 dread total: 2:37:34 dread
yodel peaks lap: 49:71 dread total: 2:30:98 dread
cape thor lap: dread total: dread
tokyo bullet lap: 57:00 dread total: 2:54:87 dread

u can find the ghost files at this site : http://www.geocities.com/dreadinc200...ion/igold.html

Mat 27-05-2006 06:41 PM

Hello everybody,

I find Ignition a really great game, but:

I can start the game in 3DFX mode, it looks smooth but the whole display stutters. I cant play it that way.

Anyone know how to solve this problem???

I have:
PII 400 MHz
328 MB RAM
Win98SE
Voodoo2/Banshee/Diamond monster fusion 16 mb
direct X 9.0

I have installed the version with the 3DFX version 3 included (from this site)

I want to play in the smooth mode please help,

Mat

dreadinc 09-06-2006 05:15 PM

your specs seem good enough, only thing that I can think of is maybe try an earlier version of directx.

unless you are using some kind of hacked voodoo driver, seeing that u are using dx9. I used to play glide ignition but with the official drivers (at the time) the last set that was released before they stopped official driver support.
The only thing I cant remember was if I had my 800 athlon at the time or my cyrix 200 MHz

but my most likely thought would have been your driver and directx combo which might be causing the trouble.

is it stuttering at both 640x480 and 800x600 ? I have SLI , but cant remeber if I enabled it for this game or not

I also have a diamond, but was lucky enough not get the banshee !

jonas 29-06-2006 01:52 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stroggy @ May 28 2004, 04:00 PM) [snapback]2482[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

As I had suspected it had something to do with the graphics
I simply turned down some of the options and its works great now.

And to all those who are critisizing windows I repeat: It works great :wink:
[/b]
What did you do, it doesn't work at my computer.

I NEED HELP 04-07-2006 04:54 PM

:sos:
:angry: I can't unzip it!!! :angry:
I've tryed a million times and for some resion it keeps coming up saying "this is the first disk. Please insert the last disk." so i click OK. then it comes up saying "ERROR: this is the first disk. please insert the last disk." so i click OK. then it just keeps circling around (goes to first then to second). :wallbash:
HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shrek 05-07-2006 09:58 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(I NEED HELP @ Jul 4 2006, 05:54 PM) [snapback]241523[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I've tryed a million times and for some resion it keeps coming up saying "this is the first disk. Please insert the last disk." so i click OK. then it comes up saying "ERROR: this is the first disk. please insert the last disk." so i click OK. then it just keeps circling around (goes to first then to second). :wallbash:
HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/b]
Well, I just tryed it and it works fine.
Hints:
1- Try to download it again. There might have been something wrong with your download.
2- Which version of Winzip are you using? I used Winzip 9.0 and as I said, it worked fine.

I NEED HELP 08-07-2006 10:37 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shrek @ Jul 5 2006, 09:58 AM) [snapback]241649[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(I NEED HELP @ Jul 4 2006, 05:54 PM) [snapback]241523[/snapback]
Quote:

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/b]
Well, I just tryed it and it works fine.
Hints:
1- Try to download it again. There might have been something wrong with your download.
2- Which version of Winzip are you using? I used Winzip 9.0 and as I said, it worked fine.
[/b][/quote]
:brain:
sorry i wasn't replying earlier. i got the game up and running!!! :w00t: (i love it!)
1- i only had to download it againe and click open instead of save.
2- :unsure: well... i don't have winunzip, i have camunzip.
(actialy it has served me well!!! :ok: ^_^ )

JayDizzle 01-08-2006 04:07 PM

<_< Dis game is pretty good but when your too good at it, it's kinda boring.

The Fifth Horseman 01-08-2006 04:10 PM

That, unfortunately, is true for every game out there.

Patrunjelu 09-12-2006 06:39 PM

Similar to Re-Volt eh? I like the graphics and i will download it right away :)

Guest 31-12-2006 02:17 AM

Hi!

When i run the exe. i get a black screen and then it jumps back to windows. I've tried with Dosbox also, but then the keyboard does'nt work :( ..

anyone who can help ?

JRM 11-01-2007 06:44 PM

Wow man: Downloading goes soo slow!
it's only 17MB but it takes me 1 hour to download 1%...
can somebody send me the game over msn or something?

:brain:

ezantera 20-01-2007 09:49 AM

Anywhere list of records? I played this game before..
And I have unbeatable ghost in yodel peaks :brain:

Guest 03-02-2007 01:19 PM

this game is verry entertaining , even though its verry old.
It can surely keep you busy for a couple of days.

Guest 08-02-2007 01:12 AM

i jus dwnloaded this game off ares works a treat but 4 the multiplayer any body got any suggestions

ezantera 11-02-2007 01:09 AM

Multi is split screen or LAN.

caesar007 24-02-2007 05:29 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dreadinc @ May 26 2006, 05:12 PM) [snapback]232437[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

just for those too lazy to click on links, here are some records, just waiting for some competition

Map Lap driver total driver
moosejaw falls lap: 36:48 dread total: 1:50:79 dread
gold rush lap: 28:82 dread total: 1:32:36 dread
snake island lap: 44:36 dread total: 2:14:96 dread
lost ruins lap: 52:08 dread total: 2:37:34 dread
yodel peaks lap: 49:71 dread total: 2:30:98 dread
cape thor lap: dread total: dread
tokyo bullet lap: 57:00 dread total: 2:54:87 dread

u can find the ghost files at this site : http://www.geocities.com/dreadinc200...ion/igold.html
[/b]
I have a faster time for goldrush : 1:31:26 and I think that a time under 1:30 is certainly possible

ezantera 25-02-2007 07:07 PM

Maybe it seems imposible, but.... hehe. I am not that good in other maps... There was few web pages with ignition records but all of them have died :( Maybe it is a time for new one !? I dare you to beat my ghost in yodel peaks, it is driven in mirror mode with of course ignition car..

Yodel Peaks 02:09:82
Yodel peaks ghost

Guest 02-03-2007 01:44 PM

this is th best game ever grew up playing this game and its just fabilous

OliG 02-03-2007 02:27 PM

I have Win XP, and a pretty average PC. :max: I run Ignition with all the default settings and it runs fine. Superb Game :brain: :ok:

kaali 03-03-2007 04:06 AM

I like everything in this game, but alas there's so few things in this game. I got bored very quickly.

Guest 12-03-2007 03:01 AM

i have dosbox on my macbook, but cant seem to get this to run? do i need to have windows installed?

win98 12-03-2007 04:17 AM

Did you downlaod the Mac OSX version of dos box?
Get it of the download page.
Click Here

The Fifth Horseman 12-03-2007 01:52 PM

Quote:

i have dosbox on my macbook, but cant seem to get this to run? [/b]
Without knowing what you have exactly done and what specifically is the problem, we cannot help you.
Until you post more detailed information about your problem, I can only refer you to this FAQ.

Please post a more detailed description of your problem including any and all error messages you encountered.

dreadinc 20-03-2007 06:17 PM

Finally fresh blood !! ;-)

sorry for not checking in for so long, will update the time for gold rush caesar, can u send a link to the ghost, and I will upload to my site, and also give a try to beat it xD

and ezantera, try beating the trax without ignition, that page is times all without it

kuifware 27-03-2007 11:43 AM

As someone remarked before, the game looks pretty nice and appears to be much more stable when using the 3dfx version.

3dfx cards were 'the' graphics acceleration cards some 10 years back, with names such as 'Voodoo'. They used the 'Glide API' (instead of Direct3D). For modern PCs you likely need a 'Glide wrapper', which allows you to play 3dfx games through Direct3D (or OpenGL).

Instructions (what worked for me):
- if you don't have Ignition yet, download it & run setup.exe to install it (default is C:\Games\Ignition)
- download the v3/3dfx patch for Ignition (http://members.fortunecity.com/pseud...ion/ign_v3.zip, of google for 'ign_3dfx')
- unzip the patch files to your Ignition installation directory
- download the Glide wrapper dgVoodoo (http://dege.freeweb.hu/); I took the 1.40+ version
- copy the glide2x.dll and dgVoodooSetup.exe files (from the dgVoodoo zip) to your Ignition installation directory
- run ign_3dfx.exe and have fun!

Additionally, you can run dgVoodoSetup.exe to configure the Glide wrapper if you want.

Note: the zip from abandonia does contain a file called ign_3dfx.exe, but I had to download & install the v3/3dfx patch in order to make it work.

Note 2: I noticed that after a race, when the other players' times are being displayed, pressing Enter would not let me continue, neither was the question 'Race again (Y/N)?' displayed. Pressing Y or N does work, however! So the game did not crash :)

Tested: WinXP SP2, 2GHz Centrino Duo, 2 GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GS

dreadinc 27-03-2007 10:31 PM

you sure its a geforce 9600 dude ? unless u got the super duper new Nvidia dx10 killer, or u pressed the wrong button xD

think it should be a 7 instead of 9

but great writeup ! thanx

Dark-Star 17-04-2007 11:47 AM

Very funny, very addictive. Sold in Germany under the name "Bleifuss Fun", so I was kinda suprised to see it here under a different name.
Spent lots of hours playing this game. But with the right car, it's very easy (though right now I don't know *which* car it was that let me finally win this game)

Very recommended!

--Darkstar

Guest 07-06-2007 10:29 PM

hi guys,
here is my records:
lost ruins: 48:66 - 2:36:85
yodel: 47:90 - 2:28:96
cape: 43:40 - 2:12:42
tokyo: 49:58 - 2:46:59
moose: 35:20 - 1:49:22
gold: 28:58 - 1:26:32
snake: 39:67 - 2:04:60
wanna ghosts? just ask!

Guest 20-06-2007 01:48 AM

snake island - lap 37:74 - total 1:54:70

Guest 08-07-2007 10:36 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LotharGR @ May 28 2004, 09:31 PM) [snapback]2490[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I do not critisize winXP. In fact i believe that they are the best windows version ever. Its just that their problems came from a very simple factor. If they runned on standard configuration machines without the open-architecture of the PCs they would be without any problems. But they are not. They run on PCs with 1.000.000 ( and maybe more :P ) different configurations ( software and hardware ). So it is expected that they will have problems. Problems with certain hardware, problems with certain software. Anyway. I suppose we got a bit off topic :)
[/b]

greaT GAME!

Pseto 26-07-2007 05:01 PM

Saying that I love this game would be an understatement :).

Anyway... all single race (pro)

Moosejaw Falls - 32:42 1:41:02
Gold Rush - 28:81 1:30:27
Snake Island - 40:99 2:08:24
Lost Ruins - 49:39 2:32:71
Yodel Peaks - 48:38 2:25:86
Cape Thor - 42:42 2:15:99
Tokyo Bullet - 51:01 (1st lap) 2:35:12

Guest 16-09-2007 02:30 PM

Awesome awesome awesome Game

It never gets old
Just plain fun

My fav Cars:
1- Redneck(Best Design, Best Turbo Music: -La Cucaracha!!!- Not too fast not too slow. the Best Ever!!!!
2- Monster(I love throwing other cars off cliffs with this car)
3- Ignition(Everyone who has beaten this game knows why)

My fav tracks: I like them all! But the best IMO is Snake Island.

Tnx for the very well written review Kosta.
And tnx for putting this game in the site. :thanx:

MoGa_DeX

Sub-Zero 25-09-2007 02:36 PM

This game is great 10x :)

Sander 26-09-2007 11:57 AM

Great review of the game!
I've been searching for ages for this game, since I couldn't remember the name!

Now I do have one more problem: it won't run under Windows Vista! :angry:
I tried all the compatibility modes, but aside from a flickering of my screen, the game won't start.

I tried running it under DOSBox, but I only get the line "this game doesn't run in DOS".
Does anybody know how to get this game running, if you're stuck with Windows Vista?

PLEASE!

The Fifth Horseman 26-09-2007 01:35 PM

Use Virtual PC 2007 with Windows 95 on it.

Guest 06-10-2007 02:32 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LotharGR @ May 28 2004, 09:31 PM) [snapback]2490[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

[/b]

I can't run this game on my computer. I have win XP, it runs the game BUT it divides the screen in 2 and the bottom half is the same top half but with 'ugly' graphics....

isn't there anything I could do!? a patch for XP or something like that!? I tried looking for it, but it always comes back to the game STUNDMAN IGNITION.....

thanks.

P.S.- sorry if I miss-written some things, I'm from Portugal, anda don't have the change to practice much...

The Fifth Horseman 08-10-2007 07:48 AM

*sigh*
Read my post above. Please.

smo 09-10-2007 10:10 AM

Hi all,
I've been playing this game on and off for the last 10 years. My best times (without using Ignition, that's cheating) are:
Moosejaw Falls - 1:49.35 (35.89 lap) Veg
Gold Rush - 1:29.23 (28.86) Smo
Snake Island - 2:12.77 (44.13) Veg
Lost Ruins - 2:33.27 (50.42) Mon
Yodel Peaks - 2:30.94 (49.14) Smo
Cape Thor - 2:14.57 (44.68) Mon
Tokyo Bullet - 2:29.68 (46.06) Smo
Btw has anyone elso noticed that the longer you drive without skidding or slowing past a certain point, the faster your top speed gets? This is easier to do with high grip cars, and is the key to quick times.

Guest 09-10-2007 03:40 PM

Quote:

Tokyo Bullet - 2:29.68 (46.06) Smo[/b]
Whaaa? :omg2:

Any chance for a ghost car from that one? That's quite spectacular.

Guest 10-10-2007 01:53 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 9 2007, 04:40 PM) [snapback]315420[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Quote:

[/b]
This is probably a stupid question but how do I share my ghost car?

Tottic 11-11-2007 10:32 AM

Moosejaw falls total: 01:39:95
Moosejaw falls lap: 00:32:55

What do you say about a site where you can upload your gosts and compare your times against others?
If you think its a good idĂŠa then I will create such a site =) I think it could be fun =)
Just tell me here or email me at tottic@gmail.com

Guest 11-11-2007 10:33 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 10 2007, 02:53 PM) [snapback]315549[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 9 2007, 04:40 PM) [snapback]315420[/snapback]
Quote:

Quote:

[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Its located in Ghost in the Ignition folder =)

Guest 15-11-2007 12:04 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tottic @ Nov 11 2007, 12:32 PM) [snapback]318917[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Moosejaw falls total: 01:39:95
Moosejaw falls lap: 00:32:55

What do you say about a site where you can upload your gosts and compare your times against others?
If you think its a good idĂŠa then I will create such a site =) I think it could be fun =)
Just tell me here or email me at tottic@gmail.com
[/b]
I think it's a great idea

Guest 15-11-2007 12:10 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Nov 11 2007, 12:33 PM) [snapback]318918[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 10 2007, 02:53 PM) [snapback]315549[/snapback]
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 9 2007, 04:40 PM) [snapback]315420[/snapback]
Quote:

Quote:

[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Its located in Ghost in the Ignition folder =)
[/b][/quote]

Thanks, I found that but how do I post it here or somewhere else?

The Fifth Horseman 15-11-2007 07:35 AM

Upload it to Rapidshare.

dreadinc 18-11-2007 10:44 AM

Sorry guys, been offline for quite some time, u can mail me ghosts at
*EMAIL REMOVED*

and I will make the necessary uploads and page changes

paulorox 18-04-2008 01:50 PM

Yay, I got this working in Vista.

Follow kuifware's suggestions on page 15 (installing dgvoodoo and copying the files into the ignition dir - also d/load and extract the 3dfx patch found on google).

Then run the IGN_3DFX.EXE file in windows 95 compatibility mode.

BranjoHello 02-05-2008 11:01 PM

One of the funniest racing game I ever played! :love:
Opponents can really be bitchy sometimes :notrust:, but I guess that make you try even harder in the next race! :amused:
Are scores kept in IGN_WIN.BTZ file? :wondering:

punkassbitch 08-06-2008 08:27 PM

I Tried To run Ignition in Vista. Changed Compatabilty and still got error saying can't flip video buffers

The Fifth Horseman 09-06-2008 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulorox (Post 323760)
Follow kuifware's suggestions on page 15 (installing dgvoodoo and copying the files into the ignition dir - also d/load and extract the 3dfx patch found on google).

Then run the IGN_3DFX.EXE file in windows 95 compatibility mode.

Have you done all that or just skipped right to the compatibility mode? :amused:

Xzar 07-08-2008 03:49 AM

Hi,

i tested 3dfx-ignition with the latest GlideWrapper084c.exe.
Get it here: www.zeckensack.de/glide/index.html

It works fine with that emulation-driver for windows and btw. it works with "Diablo 2" or "Heretic II" too.

See ya

_r.u.s.s. 07-08-2008 09:33 AM

mm thanks, useful link =)

zirkoni 04-02-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuifware (Post 277553)
Instructions (what worked for me):
- if you don't have Ignition yet, download it & run setup.exe to install it (default is C:\Games\Ignition)
- download the v3/3dfx patch for Ignition (http://members.fortunecity.com/pseud...ion/ign_v3.zip, of google for 'ign_3dfx')
- unzip the patch files to your Ignition installation directory
- download the Glide wrapper dgVoodoo (http://dege.freeweb.hu/); I took the 1.40+ version
- copy the glide2x.dll and dgVoodooSetup.exe files (from the dgVoodoo zip) to your Ignition installation directory
- run ign_3dfx.exe and have fun!

Got Ignition working in Vista by following these instructions. But with a few differences

1: I extracted all these files http://www.freeweb.hu/dege/dgVoodoo1.40plus.zip (Glide wrapper dgVoodoo) in the Ignition folder.

2: I had to run the "dgVoodooSetup.exe" and on the "glide" sheet set the resolution to any given value (NOT "set by the application").

3: After these steps the game worked ("ign_3dfx.exe", no compatibility mode needed).

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuifware (Post 277553)
Note 2: I noticed that after a race, when the other players' times are being displayed, pressing Enter would not let me continue, neither was the question 'Race again (Y/N)?' displayed. Pressing Y or N does work, however! So the game did not crash.

And I didn't have this little problem either.

David from Spain 20-02-2009 10:58 AM

I think that we could create a web page an update there our ghost in order to make something like a competition.

I don't know how to create this, but could anyone create it please?

And Do anybody know how to play with more player by internet or cable?

_r.u.s.s. 20-02-2009 11:37 AM

you can emulate virtual lan via hamachi (it's easy, you just click connect to a network that you and your friend make). then you can play with "LAN" option over the internet

David from Spain 27-02-2009 09:15 AM

Play online

Many thanks Russ,

So you think that could be possible to play enter this page and enter the option "Lan in internet", don't you?

And then people would play in only one screen or in the divided screen?

DO ANYBODY WANT TO TRY TO PLAY IGNITION BY THIS METHOD?

thefreshmaker 03-03-2009 03:09 PM

Just brought this game in gamestation

Just brought this game for 99p in gamestation, awesome game, great fun.:thumbs:

Pra 25-03-2009 11:33 AM

following problem: when ignition is running, my foobar won't play.
I know ignition will play any CD put into the cd drive, but do I really have to make an music ISO just for this game?
is there a way to make music players like foobar still work while ignition is running?

_r.u.s.s. 25-03-2009 02:20 PM

i dunno, have you tried turning music in menu off? tried different player?

ezantera 04-04-2009 01:26 PM

Somebody should make web page with records. And store ghost files on it with names of record holders. Hm? What do you think people?

Pra 06-04-2009 05:35 AM

hm, found a way...
downloaded the kernel streaming plugin for foobar, it works if i use that

ezantera 06-04-2009 06:00 PM

I play it split screen on same keyboard. Little tricky because most of keyboard can only take 2-3 pressed buttons at same time. And can be played in hamachi too. Hamachi simulates LAN very good and very simple.

ezantera 06-04-2009 06:01 PM

Ok, I will try to make web page with records. It is boring when you do not have ghost car what you can chase.

ChiefJoseph 11-05-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezantera (Post 358727)
Somebody should make web page with records. And store ghost files on it with names of record holders. Hm? What do you think people?

Hi. It must have been almost ten years ago when I made a website about this game... Today I was feeling nostalgic and looked it up. It's still there, including some ghostcars. Have fun! http://www.geocities.com/ignitionfanpage

Idlewoodarian 20-06-2009 09:57 PM

beta version of ignition ?

Hello !
First, excuse my English, I'm French. :)
I'm a huge fan of Ignition, one of my favourite racing games. I am searching informations about this game, especially about a possible beta version. My cousin had a PC magazine that had an article about Ignition, but it was before the game was released. The cars were slightly different, especially in their colors : one was flashy green and another was white (maybe it was the ignition, or the banana). I don't really remember : my cousin lost the magazine, I just saw it one or two times, and it was many years ago (maybe ten !). The article also mentioned a vehicle which was a paddy wagon, I don't know if it is the exact term, well it's a police truck where you put bad guys that have been arrested :o)
Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone had informations about this possible beta version, where vehicles may have other colors than the ones we know :)
Thanks in advance !

thatwasrad 09-07-2009 06:29 PM

Ignition won't play

I'm attempting to run Ignition on my unibody Macbook, on Mac OS X 10.5.7 using DOSBox 0.72 via Boxer. When I run DOS_INST.EXE it comes up beautifully, but when I go to install the game I get an error message saying it can't find IGN_DOS.BAT. Any suggestions?

dosraider 09-07-2009 06:47 PM

Wrong mounts.

Read and apply this:
http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=8933
Scroll down for the Mac how to.

@#@#@#Mac. :bleh2:

[Edit]
BTW, isn't the game ready to run in dosbox? Do you really need to run install? I forgot, and to lazy as usual to check.

zirkoni 09-07-2009 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dosraider (Post 375056)
BTW, isn't the game ready to run in dosbox? Do you really need to run install? I forgot, and to lazy as usual to check.

:mhh:I was never able to run the Abandonia version of Ignition in DOSBox.
Quote:

Originally Posted by thatwasrad (Post 375054)
Any suggestions?

Windows:)

thatwasrad 09-07-2009 08:46 PM

Running MAINDOS.EXE used to bring up a lack screen with "LADDAR" in yellow font, but now it just brings up a black screen. Running DOS4GW.EXE just brings up the DOS prompt with some error messages with "DOS/4GW fatal error".

thatwasrad 09-07-2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zirkoni (Post 375078)

Did you find a version that worked in DOSBox or are you using Abandonia's Ignition with something other than DOSBox?

dosraider 09-07-2009 09:22 PM

@#@#@#Mac

Quote:

zirkoni = n00b. (joky)
:bleh2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatwasrad (Post 375094)
Did you find a version that worked in DOSBox or are you using Abandonia's Ignition with something other than DOSBox?

Test 1...2...3... and:

AB's game works fine in dosbox 0.73, default install.
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/9697/ignition.th.png
Simply mount your CD drive as D:\ in dosbox with whatever CD in it and run the game with
maindos
from the game directory.
No probs here......

It apparently won't run if you don't mount a CD .....

[Edit]
Forgot to mention:
The dosversion (didn't test the Win version) is indeed ready to run in dosbox, no install needed. Sound and all are fine.

raffaele181188 16-02-2010 09:54 AM

Ignition - Running in Linux

Hi, I use a virtualized XP to run this game in Linux, and with some distribution it runs ok (on other ones it's slow and not fluid)

However, I'd like to play it with Wine or DOSbox... Both fail :( I successfully managed to install it both in wine and in dosbox (yeah, different versions) but on Wine it crashes too often (perfect emulation, but there is no chance to finish a championship) and in DOSbox it's damn slow (too slow to be played) and buggy. Anyone was able to run it on Linux outside a Virtual Machine?

Also, the Abandonia version fails to install on DOSbox: it seems that it misses a file (IGN_DOS.BAT). In my virtualized XP it runs perfectly: I can play it for months before it crashes (although I'm going to try it in a virtualized Win98 for performance reason on Ubuntu - now I have to dualboot with Slackware)

Also, on virtualized XP there's no way to play on LAN: crash!!! That's one reason why I'm going to try it on 98...

arete 16-02-2010 10:05 AM

Must you make everything so much more complicated??? :sigh:

raffaele181188 16-02-2010 02:08 PM

what?

Quote:

Originally Posted by arete (Post 396880)
Must you make everything so much more complicated??? :sigh:

What do you mean? I'm asking other Linux users how do they play Ignition, and also writing down my issues so that other users can take advantage from it.
I don't understand your post, since it didn't help me so much

riccso 16-02-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raffaele181188 (Post 396906)
What do you mean? I'm asking other Linux users how do they play Ignition, and also writing down my issues so that other users can take advantage from it.
I don't understand your post, since it didn't help me so much

arete just 'replied' dosraider :)

arete 17-02-2010 08:20 AM

http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=21839

Dosbox has a port for linux. If you're having trouble, perhaps report it on their forum?

elkatze 10-03-2010 11:22 PM

Yodel ghost

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezantera (Post 273322)
Maybe it seems imposible, but.... hehe. I am not that good in other maps... There was few web pages with ignition records but all of them have died :( Maybe it is a time for new one !? I dare you to beat my ghost in yodel peaks, it is driven in mirror mode with of course ignition car..

Yodel Peaks 02:09:82
Yodel peaks ghost

I just managed a 2:09:47 on Yodel, can send you the ghost if you'd still like it..

Did any of those sites for new ignition records ever get started.. seems like a great idea..

DeadSomething 02-05-2010 06:55 PM

:3: :thumbs: a great game i know under the name "Bleifuss - Fun Rally" (maybe its the german versions name).
i played it lots of hours on a friends PC whenever i visited him.
its a really funny racing game :)

Unregisteredcghbnnvcnhhfg 19-06-2010 10:45 AM

Background

Quote:

Originally Posted by zirkoni (Post 351657)
Got Ignition working in Vista by following these instructions. But with a few differences

1: I extracted all these files http://www.freeweb.hu/dege/dgVoodoo1.40plus.zip (Glide wrapper dgVoodoo) in the Ignition folder.

2: I had to run the "dgVoodooSetup.exe" and on the "glide" sheet set the resolution to any given value (NOT "set by the application").

3: After these steps the game worked ("ign_3dfx.exe", no compatibility mode needed).

And I didn't have this little problem either.

I've done this and programs work good... But i can't see any background or cars... Only the speedometer and the menu???

zirkoni 19-06-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregisteredcghbnnvcnhhfg (Post 407675)
I've done this and programs work good... But i can't see any background or cars... Only the speedometer and the menu???

:dunno:
Get DOSBox and play the game without 3Dfx.

Unregisteredfnhhdhyuj 19-06-2010 03:03 PM

Still help please :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by zirkoni (Post 407678)
:dunno:
Get DOSBox and play the game without 3Dfx.

How can I play it without 3Dfx? (I'm not that good at computer ) :)

zirkoni 19-06-2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregisteredfnhhdhyuj (Post 407690)
How can I play it without 3Dfx? (I'm not that good at computer ) :)

:doh: You download and install DOSBox.
Tutorials (if needed)

DarthHelmet86 19-06-2010 03:09 PM

By using Dosbox, Link to info on Dosbox. Go here, read up on Dosbox, and try playing your game using it. If it still won't work come back and ask about it, with details about what is going wrong.

Unregistered1234577 19-06-2010 03:15 PM

?????

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 (Post 407692)
By using Dosbox, Link to info on Dosbox. Go here, read up on Dosbox, and try playing your game using it. If it still won't work come back and ask about it, with details about what is going wrong.

Can't you just tell me excatley what to do? Because I don't understand anything of that :P

DarthHelmet86 19-06-2010 03:21 PM

If you don't understand that, then what I have to say will be much worse. Go there read it, cause it is all in basic easy to understand terms. Get Dosbox, read the tutorial then come back. Old games won't just magically work for you, you are going to have to put effort into getting them to work and get the full enjoyment out of them.

Not trying to be mean, just stating the facts.

_r.u.s.s. 19-06-2010 03:26 PM

wh.. what are you talking about guys? ignition is a normal windows game too. just double click IGN_WIN.EXE

or do you mean that you want to play it specifically with 3dfix or something? but if you wanted to make it run in dos instead of windows, for whatever reason, then just click one page before and see dosraider's post

The Fifth Horseman 19-06-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered1234577 (Post 407693)
Can't you just tell me excatley what to do? Because I don't understand anything of that :P

You haven't read the guide, then.
If you read the guide, can't follow the example in it and don't understand anything at all... you're completely beyond help.

DarthHelmet86 19-06-2010 04:23 PM

If this game works in windows, why is he trying some complicated way of getting 3dfx.......does that make the game alot better? :huh:

Anyway play the game how R.u.s.s said, try the 3dfx way when you know more about computers.

The Fifth Horseman 19-06-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 (Post 407700)
If this game works in windows, why is he trying some complicated way of getting 3dfx.......does that make the game alot better? :huh:

In theory it does improve the graphics. Texture smoothing, filtering and a few other things the game couldn't do with software rendering alone.
I've used a Glide wrapper only once, with another game, but the results were a fair improvement.

shwepsas 19-12-2010 09:04 AM

win 7

I have the Ignition, but i can't load it on Win7. It trying to start, but after few seconds of blackscreen it turns off.

dosraider 19-12-2010 09:14 AM

-> dosbox.
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=22241
Quote:

Originally Posted by dosraider (Post 375100)
Simply mount your CD drive as D:\ in dosbox with whatever CD in it and run the game with
maindos
from the game directory.
No probs here......

[Edit]
Forgot to mention:
The dosversion (didn't test the Win version) is indeed ready to run in dosbox, no install needed. Sound and all are fine.

FYI: works also fine in dosbox 0.74

Grons1 20-12-2010 09:02 PM

ignition

hi. im trying to run ignition on a virutal pc xp and i can run the game normally by just using the .exe file but not with fullscreen. If i start it thru dos it runs fullscreen and everything else works but its runs way to fast, almost twice the normal speed, is there anyway to get fullscreen the normal way or run it thru dos and slow it down?

i have tried dosbox but I come further than the loading screen if i start that way

thanks in advance

dosraider 20-12-2010 10:12 PM

VPC can go full screen and back with F12+ENTER
But best solution on modern hardware/OS is still dosbox.

grons1 21-12-2010 09:05 PM

ignition

i have my virutal pc on fullscreen but when i start ignition its just uses 1/2 of the screen rest i just black. It forms a sqaure in my left corner and everything else is just black

dosraider 21-12-2010 10:24 PM

Set your VPC desktop res to 640x480

And still:
[Echo]
Quote:

Originally Posted by dosraider (Post 419246)
But best solution on modern hardware/OS is still dosbox.

[/Echo]

Can90 24-01-2011 01:07 PM

About the source code

Hi. Is there any where we can find the source code of this Ignition game?
Thanks

The Fifth Horseman 24-01-2011 03:10 PM

Yes and no.
Far as I know, the original source has not been released.
Something approaching it could, however, be recreated by disassembling the game executable.

David from Spain 28-02-2011 06:41 PM

Play Ignition online

I think that we can play ignition by internet with logmein-hamachi. Do anyone want to play?

_r.u.s.s. 04-03-2011 07:30 PM

i tried it with my friends once.. didn't work =/

David from Spain 12-03-2011 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. (Post 424008)
i tried it with my friends once.. didn't work =/

Hi Russ, Does the file Ign_3dfx.exe works on your computer? If it does, then I think that we can play online. :)

In my computer it works perfectly, so I can choose the multiplayer net option, then choose the conection tcp/ip or something like that (is the fourth option), and at the end I can create the race online. And then with the Logmein-hamachi IP you can look for this race and join it.

If you want we can try to play one day soon.

Dea85 31-03-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dosraider (Post 419163)
-> dosbox.

Hi!
I played this game a lot back in the days, and wanted to start playing again. I'm using windows 7 ultimate 64-bits and dosbox 0.74. In my config file ive made some changes to my resolution and fullscreen, changed aspect to true, cycles=10000, cycleup=1000 and cycledown=1000.

However, when i try to launch maindos, it just fades to black and nothing happens :cry:

What am i doing wrong here? WOuld be very grateful for any help.

Best regards, Andreas

dosraider 31-03-2011 11:06 PM

Quote:

maindos
from the game directory.
No probs here......

...did you?

If yes, a bit more details on how exactly you run the game could be helpful.
(mount lines, inputs ....)

helpmepls 11-06-2011 10:58 AM

w7

Did someone have problems on win7 as well as me ?
When I tried to run the game(clicking ign_win.exe or sth like this) the black screen showed up and then it disappered. No game was running, neither any process. It looked like the game was starting, then turned off itself, before being fully loaded.
It had worked on my old PC.

The Fifth Horseman 11-06-2011 11:10 AM

Compatibility modes. Failing that, MS Virtual PC with a copy of Windows 95. Failing that, DOSBox and run the game in its' DOS mode.

alexxboij 25-08-2011 04:06 PM

So i have been trying and failing for sooo many hours now.. I am very confused on what to do here.. I tried downloading Virtual PC and run dosbox in there, i've run dosbox in WIN7, and when i think i finally made it, dosbox tells me that i cant run the game in dos mode. And when i try to run the ign_win nothing pops up. I would really appreciate if someone reached out and helped me with this.

EDIT: I got it working, this post helped me out to get it working! just mounted c and d and it works..

aperture 26-08-2011 06:08 PM

Do you want to play Ignition on Windows 7 (x86 or x64), but have always been annoyed with menus where you can actually see a darn thing?

If that's the case, then I have a patch for you!

Long story short, there are 3 problems where trying to run this game on Windows 7:
  1. Microsoft removed the 320x200 resolution from DirectDraw on Windows 7, and Ignitions menu are 320x200
  2. You get a psychedelic colour palette during gameplay
  3. Anything that is not gameplay, such as the menus and intro, doesn't display (black screen)
Oh, and other minor inconveniences include menu SFXs only working if you have a CD, as well as the Windowed mode, which seems to be included in the executable (runtime address 00493728, IGN_WIN.EXE address 00091D28: 1 = fullscreen, 0 = windowed) not working at all, be it on 7 or even on XP, where fullscreen does work without the need to patch.

The following patch addresses issue #1 & #2: ignition_win7_patch_v2.7z

Once applied and provided you launch the game from the batch file and can figure out the menu navigation (Enter, Esc, Enter, Enter, Enter if you want to play), you will be able to run the game fullscreen, in glorious 800x600.

Now for some more details:
- The patch includes an IGN_WIN.BTZ, which is the file that stores the configuration settings. Unlike the one from the archive provided here, it has 800x600 selected by default. Oh, and it also defaults to the bus, because I like the bus
- The original IGN_WIN.EXE performs 2 fullscreen resolution checks when it launches: 640x480 and 320x200, and will bail out if ANY of these fails. This is done by calling DirectDraw's lpdd->SetDisplayMode() from the routine @ address 0045BD70, which is called indirectly from 00417EA0, using 004BA6E0, 004BA6E4 and 004BA6E8 for the requested width, height and bpp attributes. Unfortunately for us, Microsoft, in their great wisdom, decided to ditched 320x200 support from the latest ddraw.dll, which results in SetDisplayMode() returning errorcode 0x80004001 (Not Implemented).
Our quick and dirty patch then is to replace all 320x200 references with 640x480, which is still supported. This doesn't solve the other issues, but at least, if you really want to play, and don't mind the other issues, you can.
- The problem with the psychedelic colour palette for 256 colour games is highlighted here. Basically, Windows 7 keeps the taskbar on top, even in fullscreen mode, which screws up the colour palette. The trick is to launch the game from a batch, file that disables the taskbar

Finally, for the love of God, do NOT enable mipmapping and persp. poly from the GFX settings on Windows, unless you like to see game crashes. Without that, the game runs great.

Oh, and I would just love to see an updated Open Source version of Ignition, for various platforms. This game seriously rocks.

EDIT: v2, with a batch file to fix the colour palette during game. If this doesn't work, you can try the various tips from: Starcraft on Win7.

zirkoni 26-08-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aperture (Post 432938)
Do you want to play Ignition on Windows 7 (x86 or x64), outside of DosBox, yet love psychedelic colours and have always been annoyed with menus where you can actually see a darn thing?

If that's the case, then I have a patch for you!

Or you could just get a Glide wrapper and run the 3Dfx version (works at least in x86 OS, tested on Vista and Win7)

Quote:

Originally Posted by zirkoni (Post 351657)

aperture 26-08-2011 07:57 PM

Does the run 3Dfx version work in 800x600 resolution?

EDIT: for some reason, I can't seem to see my original post in FireFox (sometimes it says #230, sometimes #232), but it kinda works in IE. Is there a forum issue or something?

zirkoni 26-08-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aperture (Post 432946)
Does the run 3Dfx version work in 800x600 resolution?

Yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aperture (Post 432946)
EDIT: for some reason, I can't seem to see my original post in FireFox (sometimes it says #230, sometimes #232), but it kinda works in IE. Is there a forum issue or something?

http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=27331

aperture 27-08-2011 12:10 AM

Wow, man, why did I bother?...

I just tried the 3Dfx/dgVoodoo trick and it works brilliantly! Ignition in glorious 1680x1050 on Win7 x64, and with menus and all. :D

Simplest way to run Ignition on Win7.

ATP-Studios 31-10-2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aperture (Post 432959)
Wow, man, why did I bother?...

I just tried the 3Dfx/dgVoodoo trick and it works brilliantly! Ignition in glorious 1680x1050 on Win7 x64, and with menus and all. :D

Simplest way to run Ignition on Win7.

I have windows 7 64 bit, how the hell do you work it!:( please tell me I have the 3dfx.exe file and dgvoodoo in the same folder and it loads up okay it asks me to select the language but then the screen goes white and says that it has to close:( please tell me how I can get this working

ATP-Studios 02-11-2011 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATP-Studios (Post 436038)
I have windows 7 64 bit, how the hell do you work it!:( please tell me I have the 3dfx.exe file and dgvoodoo in the same folder and it loads up okay it asks me to select the language but then the screen goes white and says that it has to close:( please tell me how I can get this working

Could someone please explain step by step how to get Ignition working on windows 7 64 bit? everytime i open it it loads the language selection but then it goes white and then crashes, I tried Dgvoodoo settings and put them in the same installation folder and tried Dos Box and dos box said that it simply cannot run the program

dosraider 02-11-2011 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATP-Studios (Post 436101)
..... and tried Dos Box and dos box said that it simply cannot run the program

V
V
V
Quote:

Originally Posted by dosraider (Post 419163)
-> dosbox.
Quote:

maindos
from the game directory.
No probs here......

[Edit]
Forgot to mention:

ATP-Studios 02-11-2011 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATP-Studios (Post 436101)
Could someone please explain step by step how to get Ignition working on windows 7 64 bit? everytime i open it it loads the language selection but then it goes white and then crashes, I tried Dgvoodoo settings and put them in the same installation folder and tried Dos Box and dos box said that it simply cannot run the program

OMFG I FIGURED IT OUT!!!! FOR EVERYONE WITH THIS PROBLEM

You have to use DATA EXECUTION PREVENTION option, just make the Ign_3Dfx.exe file add that to the list and it will work!

Can someone please help me though, somehow I have the video working 100 percent fine! but there is only sound effects, there is no music for some reason?

DarthHelmet86 02-11-2011 06:39 AM

It is possible this game archive does not in fact have sound. I can't say for sure but at 17mb I would guess it doesn't.

ATP-Studios 02-11-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 (Post 436108)
It is possible this game archive does not in fact have sound. I can't say for sure but at 17mb I would guess it doesn't.

Ya but that doesnt make anysense, because I downloaded two different downloads of the game from different websites and the one that works perfectly doesnt have music, but theone that does play the music is the one that is slow and glitchy and the cars are black and the entire screen is black when you try to race

ATP-Studios 02-11-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATP-Studios (Post 436122)
Ya but that doesnt make anysense, because I downloaded two different downloads of the game from different websites and the one that works perfectly doesnt have music, but theone that does play the music is the one that is slow and glitchy and the cars are black and the entire screen is black when you try to race

If someone knows how to get the music working that would be great, the SOUND EFFECTS do work on my computer though, just the music thanks!

zirkoni 02-11-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATP-Studios (Post 436123)
If someone knows how to get the music working that would be great, the SOUND EFFECTS do work on my computer though, just the music thanks!

The game uses CD audio tracks for music and the game CD has 7 audio tracks (+1 data track). No CD -> no music.

ATP-Studios 03-11-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zirkoni (Post 436138)
The game uses CD audio tracks for music and the game CD has 7 audio tracks (+1 data track). No CD -> no music.

Thats weird, I wonder why its like that for this game I downloaded lots of other cd old pc games and they have the music, like one 3D Ultra Racers I got and it had music

The Fifth Horseman 03-11-2011 05:16 PM

Those games obviously used waveform or MIDI music. Some might have had a combo: MIDI in the game data, with the option to switch to the higher-quality CD Audio tracks (Warcraft II, for instance).

Back in the 90's, the jump from floppies (1,44 MB) to compact disks (600-700 MB) left many developers with a lot of unused space on the game disks that they could take advantage of. Using it to store audio tracks was a fairly natural choice, since that gave the end user clean, crisp sound not distorted by any kind of lossy compression. Other games used the space to fit the music as raw waveforms (pretty much the same result), or include a large number of video sequences.

In order to have proper music in this game you need to have a complete binary image of the disc. By which I don't mean an ISO (the ISO format does NOT provide any means to store audio tracks) but at the very least BIN+CUE.

nxsfan 26-06-2012 03:48 AM

A friend and I got ignition working beautifully on Windows7 64bit in no time at all, but some luck was required.

How to get ignition running on windows 7 inside of 5 minutes:

1) Download and install nglide (http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/nglide)

2) Download and install the Abandonia ignition zip.

At this point you have the Ign_win.exe that opens to a black screen.

3) Copy over the IGN_3DFX.EXE file from the installer directory to the game directory. (C:\Games\IGNITION)

At this point the game runs beautifully (running IGN_3DFX.EXE) , but no sound :(

4) Rename or delete the old GENERAL directory from your game directory
and copy the GENERAL directory from the installer directory.

Now the game runs perfectly with sound!

But no music :(

Flaillomanz 28-06-2012 08:13 AM

A moron

Sorry to bump, but having played this when I was younger, I decided to try install it on my win7. Using the instructions here, I got it working, but the framerate isn't capped, so everything runs ridiculously fast. How do I get the frames to stay at around 60 per second?

dosraider 29-06-2012 03:58 AM

Run dosversion in dosbox ...????
Quote:

Quote:

zirkoni = n00b. (joky)
:bleh2:

Quote:

Test 1...2...3... and:

maindos
from the game directory.
No probs here......

[Edit]
Forgot to mention:

Maxaxle 10-07-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zirkoni (Post 436138)

So, you're saying I should burn a CD of the game to listen to the music?

zirkoni 11-07-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxaxle (Post 443899)
So, you're saying I should burn a CD of the game to listen to the music?

If you have a full CD image of the game then you can burn it to a CD and listen to the music. The archive on this site is a CDrip -> no music.

You can also mount a bin/cue image in DOSBox with imgmount if want to play the game with music, you don't have to burn a CD.

fluffy pigs 04-11-2012 11:49 PM

having problems to get ignition to work

so in my child hood years i got a game, ignition that won't work on windows 7 for me the screen goes black like it's gonna load then goes right back to desktop, any susgestions
would be very helpful i have the game on disc

The Fifth Horseman 05-11-2012 10:28 AM

DOSBox is the only solution.
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=14406

alexdory 28-11-2013 10:53 AM

New tracks for Ignition !

I would like to model a new track but I don't know if it would be possible , as far as I know it's not mod-able and the file formats are proprietary ! Do you have any info on that ?

gregor 19-12-2013 06:30 PM

will this version work in wine? do i need to run setup or what? i can't get it to work in dosbox. i mean it starts and is loading (ladding) but nothing else happens.

dosraider 19-12-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregor (Post 458637)
will this version work in wine?

Yes.
Quote:

do i need to run setup or what?

Yes, same as in windows.
Quote:

i can't get it to work in dosbox. i mean it starts and is loading (ladding) but nothing else happens.

Means you screw up somewhere, it works fine in dosbox.
Quote:

Originally Posted by dosraider (Post 443579)
Quote:

Test 1...2...3... and:

maindos
from the game directory.
No probs here......

[Edit]
Forgot to mention:

Lucas Wolschick 31-12-2013 05:08 PM

Ignition Bug.

http://imgur.com/mUzRrHY.

It keeps appearing blue borders around GUI and I don't know what to do.

I'm using the 3Dfx version, with dgVooDoo 1.40+.

Can someone help me? :D

jigebren 09-01-2014 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexdory (Post 458361)
I would like to model a new track but I don't know if it would be possible , as far as I know it's not mod-able and the file formats are proprietary ! Do you have any info on that ?

As far as I'm concerned I tried some years ago to understand several of the formats used in this game, partly from curiosity and partly just for fun. I even started writing an import plugin for Blender (the 3D software), but then moved to other projects... I recently started to play with it again to make it work with the latest Blender version, and I took the opportunity to try to improve the format support as well.

So far I'm able to import enough formats to load the world and cars meshes into Blender, and properly textured, as you can see on the screenshots below. There's no export for now, but writing the export counterpart of an existing import code would only be a matter of devoting time to do it.

The JAPAN track:
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150...0/707/2z1g.jpg

All the cars:
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150...0/716/u83d.png

Well, for now I have no definite plan to go really further, but I thought the info could be worth being shared here anyway.

Oh and BTW, on the Ignition page of Wikipedia we can read:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
After Ignition was released many computer enthusiasts started to create additional tracks and types of vehicles to broad the content of the game.

This seems to be just plain wrong. :huh: I have never heard about custom content, nor about a way to create it... Anybody can confirm whether it's true or false?

lucas200206 23-01-2014 03:56 PM

New Car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigebren (Post 458863)
So far I'm able to import enough formats to load the world and cars meshes into Blender, and properly textured, as you can see on the screenshots below. There's no export for now, but writing the export counterpart of an existing import code would only be a matter of devoting time to do it.

The JAPAN track:
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150...0/707/2z1g.jpg

All the cars:
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150...0/716/u83d.png

Well, for now I have no definite plan to go really further, but I thought the info could be worth being shared here anyway.

Theres an extra car in the cars photo. That one, with the blue stripe ontop of it, and with other two colors, red in the base, then yellow for the top. :huh:

I already played the game and unlocked all of it cars and levels. But that one, never got it.

Zapeth 23-01-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucas200206 (Post 459007)
Theres an extra car in the cars photo. That one, with the blue stripe ontop of it, and with other two colors, red in the base, then yellow for the top. :huh:

I already played the game and unlocked all of it cars and levels. But that one, never got it.

That car is called "Ignition", it has the best stats in the game and is unlockable as well.
I'm not really sure anymore what exactly you have to do to unlock it, I think you just have to beat the championships in all difficulties?

@jigebren: Thats incredible work you did there, I'd love to get some more insight of the game's file structures (and of course the plugin itself) :P

jigebren 24-01-2014 02:37 AM

Yep, that car is actually called Ignition and it's available to you after completing Mirror Championship, as you can see on this page.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapeth (Post 459011)
@jigebren: Thats incredible work you did there, I'd love to get some more insight of the game's file structures (and of course the plugin itself) :P

Thanks. Well, I have gone a bit further since my last post though but most of my time has been taken but another project in the last two weeks.
It would be too long to explain the files structure right now, but here's a summary of what I currently know:

COL:
The colors palette. Format known.
MSH:
The world meshes (including moving objects). Format known, except Flags still unknown.
PAN:
Format unknown.
PIC:
An image. Format known.
PLC:
The position (and probably flags) of the MSH meshes. Format known, except Flags still unknown.
POS:
Data for the moving objects. Format unknown.
SHD:
Unknown.
SRF:
Unknown.
TAB:
Unknown.
TEX:
The textures. Format known.
TRI:
Likely the racing line. Format unknown.

Well, as I said I have not real plan for the plugin for now, but if there's some interest for it, and if I have time (and motivation) to polish it I'll think about sharing it. For now all the format marked as known above can be imported in Blender, and can also be dumped to a text file. The unknown flags can be displayed as well, which may help to understand their purpose.

Anyway as you can see, though the main formats are known there's still a lot to discover... And as long as some formats are still unknown there's no hope to replace an existing track by a user creation, making the plugin almost useless. But if anyone is able to understand some of the remaining formats structure (I use to use a simple hexadecimal editor for that) I'd be curious to hear about it

Zapeth 24-01-2014 09:19 AM

Thats very interesting, I'll try to look into some formats myself though I'm currently pretty busy so it might take a while for me to do.
Also after a quick look it seems like there are a _lot_ more file formats in the overall game (like LFT, BTZ (config files for the game?), PSQ, CDP, etc) but I guess we should focus on the levels first?

There's also one level file format that you didn't mention, TFX. I guess thats some additional file to TEX?

Anyway, some things that come to my mind which are missing for the level would be Sound information and AI related things (though I don't know if thats included in the racing line information).

nighthawk86 24-01-2014 09:35 AM

If you haven't already, you can read UDS studios own story about making Ignition. Going back to 1999 with archive.org I found the original website for the game. It seems they had some other tracks that didn't make it into the game. At least it lends some insight as to how they made it. Interesting pictures and track sketches too.

https://web.archive.org/web/19990429.../ignition.html

https://web.archive.org/web/19990423...ignbehind.html

RandomGuy999 07-03-2014 04:41 PM

Ignition 1997 Soundtrack

Here is the audio *ONLY* CD image, confirmed to work with 3dfx version and v2 patched ign_win.exe, extract with 7-zip, mount .cue and enjoy!

Can be burned on a physical CD too!

*No copyrights were broken since the game is abandoware*

https://mega.co.nz/#!jxAUnLaI!XeGKSH...ZkgvbDZzeYaEKs

RandomGuy9999 08-03-2014 12:00 PM

Soundtrack fix

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandomGuy999 (Post 459503)
Here is the audio *ONLY* CD image, confirmed to work with 3dfx version and v2 patched ign_win.exe, extract with 7-zip, mount .cue and enjoy!

Can be burned on a physical CD too!

*No copyrights were broken since the game is abandoware*

https://mega.co.nz/#!jxAUnLaI!XeGKSH...ZkgvbDZzeYaEKs

IGNORE THE ABOVE POST/LINK - AUDIO HAS GLITECHES!!!

FIXED VERSION HERE:

https://mega.co.nz/#!xkI3hbaC!tWcnV5...OEa2p9hkfJHUfE

ADHDerby 04-04-2014 09:38 AM

Ignition (Multi 6) - Preinstalled and with the original CD Audio

All available languages are included in this release: English, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, German and French! The German and the French version have seperate executables: BLE_***.exe and FUN_***.exe

This release contains all three versions:

- The MS-DOS version preinstalled with DOSBox.

- The Windows version updated to v6.56

- The 3Dfx version (Release 3) with nGlide preinstalled.

All versions are playable with the original music; the DOSBox version is preconfigured and automatically mounts the CD image.
To play the Windows and 3Dfx version with music, mount Ignition.cue with a Virtual Drive Manager or burn the image on a CD.
Make sure that it's mounted/inserted in the first CD/DVD/BD drive or the music won't play.

Extras: High res icon by thedoctor45, English and French manual

Note: The German version is missing the MS-DOS version of the game and the manual, I couldn't find it anywhere. :/

Download: http://billionuploads.com/0l8rvp84ibgt

Cheers,

ADHDerby

marko river 04-04-2014 08:19 PM

Fellas, thx for links you provided. I placed them in ISO Cellar for (hopefully) easier use.

DjDiabolik 07-08-2014 01:18 PM

This games not work on Windows 7.......and the last link posted above it's no more dispobile!!

Please Reupload......

I have found the V3 of 3DFX Patch... i applied but same result! No working !

http://web.volftp.tiscali.it/pub/pc/.../ign_3dfx3.zip

DjDiabolik 07-08-2014 01:37 PM

This TORRENT working whitout problems:

http://kickass.to/ignition-pc-workin...-t8798143.html

And this is not dead............ i have only problems on cockpit view because the screen goes in crash whit a full green/white/yellor color etc etc.

ezantera 07-08-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkatze (Post 399365)
I just managed a 2:09:47 on Yodel, can send you the ghost if you'd still like it..

Did any of those sites for new ignition records ever get started.. seems like a great idea..

I post it 2007 and you replied 2010, now 2014 i will answer :) well done, i will try to beat your record. If somebody knows. Working web page with records, post it.

DjDiabolik 07-08-2014 04:36 PM

The CHEAT CODE does not working on DOS ??

Someone has try ?

DjDiabolik 07-08-2014 04:40 PM

http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/sho...d.php?p=459795

REUPLOAD THIS... I WANT TRY...

Guest 30-08-2014 05:04 PM

There is an Ignition community in Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/ignitiongame

NagyAttila 29-07-2016 08:49 AM

Just some things

Hello Ignition addicts!

I have only two things that I want to ask.

1.) Where are the save files on Windows platform and also on DOS? I could found it. I have a Windows notebook, I use for the game but at home I use Dos emulator (Boxer) on my Mac. I want my save files on both machines

2.) Could someone share the CD image file with AUDIO? I could't find it on the web. The MEGA mirror's are down.

Thank you so much and keep up the fun with this game :)

Attila

SD40-2 19-01-2017 02:27 AM

Important News Regarding Ignition.

Ignition is no longer Abandonware. It's now on GOG, complete with all the music. (I bought a copy for myself, and man, it's really fun. :smile2: )

The link is here: https://www.gog.com/game/ignition

The default install is for the DOS version. If you want the Windows version, once the GOG version is installed, mount "game.gog" in the main install folder as a virtual CD onto a virtual drive, and install it as normal.

Then see this post here on the GOG fourm: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/re..._9dae5/post103

I must thank the GOG forum for this info.

029 05-04-2017 07:28 AM

Anybody who is struggling to get Ignition to work on their modern machine (e.g. crashing on start): I found this Youtube tutorial that helped me getting the game to start in 3DFX mode (without having a 3DFX card)!

Check https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIOC3vaj9ZY

The current time is 12:26 AM (GMT)