Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Tech Corner (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Script Error Popups (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=33820)

Frodo 14-03-2017 04:51 PM

Script Error Popups

Recently, I've been getting a lot of Script Error popups when using IE11, like the one shown below, and it's REALLY annoying. :cry:

Sometimes the popups just won't go away, so I have to close IE using Ctrl & Alt & Del, then restart it. :dislike:

Java is up to date. 'Display Script Error Messages' from Tools>Internet Options menu is not ticked. So don't know why this is happening. XD

Can anyone help? Please? :mhh:

http://i63.tinypic.com/2uf99xi.png

Tseki 14-03-2017 06:25 PM

Might be a issue with Javascript and not Java (they are different things).

You can try to enable compatibility mode in IE11:

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-enabl...lorer-11-ie11/

Or you can try to disable Javascript in IE11:

https://www.technipages.com/internet...ble-javascript

Frodo 14-03-2017 08:45 PM

Hmm still getting the popups :(

Tseki 14-03-2017 09:29 PM

Any specific website(s) where this popup occurs or is it just random?

Frodo 14-03-2017 10:35 PM

It's been happening in several sites:

VirginMedia.com (my homepage) - http://www.virginmedia.com/
Here at AB - http://www.abandonia.com/
Reloaded - http://www.reloaded.org/
Dragon Cave - https://dragcave.net/
GOG - https://www.gog.com/
Ebay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/
Kickstarter - https://www.kickstarter.com
AGS - https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/

Tseki 15-03-2017 01:43 PM

Darn... I think I'm out of ideas. How about changing browser? I recommend Google Chrome or Firefox. Internet Explorer is very hated browser and losing market share all the time.

Frodo 15-03-2017 04:02 PM

Well thanks for trying Tseki, I really appreciate it. :)

IE may not be the most popular browser around, but I love it. Well... I love it when it behaves, and doesn't throw me annoying script error popups. :lol:

Has anyone else got any ideas? :)

Tseki 15-03-2017 04:19 PM

One more idea came to mind - try installing Adblock Plus. Maybe it's some ad that causes those Javascript error popups.

Mystvan 15-03-2017 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tseki (Post 467235)
Darn... I think I'm out of ideas. How about changing browser? I recommend Google Chrome or Firefox. Internet Explorer is very hated browser and losing market share all the time.

You can also use SeaMonkey.

Mystvan 15-03-2017 05:38 PM

Hidden Hellp

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo (Post 467236)
Well thanks for trying Tseki, I really appreciate it. :)

IE may not be the most popular browser around, but I love it. Well... I love it when it behaves, and doesn't throw me annoying script error popups. :lol:

Has anyone else got any ideas? :)

Are you using Windows 10? If so, there is Microsoft Edge. My big brother liked it at first. Now, he is using Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.

At least, you can save your session using Mozilla Forefox and/or SeaMonkey. There is a wonderful Addon named Session Manager. Awesome!

The final and last option is to seek help from Microsoft. You will need PID for the official help.

Hidden Hellp

tienkhoanguyen 15-03-2017 06:38 PM

jesus...

I usually say no to continue with script error and just ignore it.

however by the case your browser has tabs just open a new tab on every link that has a new post and you

Frodo 17-03-2017 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tseki (Post 467237)
One more idea came to mind - try installing Adblock Plus. Maybe it's some ad that causes those Javascript error popups.

Thanks Tseki, downloaded that just now, to give it a try. Fingers crossed. :OK:

Mystvan, nope, I use Win 7 but thanks for suggestion :)

Tienk, I tried saying Yes for a while... then I tried saying No for a while. But they still kept coming.
But I'm giving Tseki's adblocker a chance now. :OK:

EDIT: Oops, sorry for double post. :oh:

Tseki 17-03-2017 10:10 AM

No problem man :)

Frodo 18-03-2017 06:03 PM

The Adblock didn't work. Script error popups are still coming thick and frequent. :(

Mystvan 18-03-2017 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tseki (Post 467281)
No problem man :)

Frodo is a girl, you know... ;)

Mystvan 18-03-2017 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo (Post 467310)
The Adblock didn't work. Script error popups are still coming thick and frequent. :(

(Mi)Lady of the Rings, I will help you with the condition that you return the “precious” to Gollum, OK?

How to troubleshoot script errors in Internet Explorer;

How do I fix internet explorer script error and why are my pop-up keepstopping my games to load?;

Solve Internet Explorer Script Errors.

I hope those links may help you. Good luck!

Tseki 19-03-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 467311)
Frodo is a girl, you know... ;)

If that's true then I apologize and send many kisses <3

Mystvan 19-03-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 467312)
(Mi)Lady of the Rings, I will help you with the condition that you return the “precious” to Gollum, OK?

How do I fix internet explorer script error and why are my pop-up keepstopping my games to load?;

Gollum is crying and pouting all the time! :cry: :crybaby: :zoidberg:

tienkhoanguyen 19-03-2017 10:02 PM

JESUS

I just got a virus and had to restore somethings. I lost much in the process. Now I only have 5 DVDs worth of softwares on my computer. I am getting tired after over 100 installs. Again...

Anyways. The slow browser is fast now because I did not put any antivirus seeing it did not work the first time.

In addition all my mula worth of softwares are not on there yet. So it does not have to scan all my softwares before opening IE in Windows 8.

I am just interested in DOSBox 0.74, IE, and my backups. Well... any my wife whom I have yet to hold really. And my daughter whom I have yet to see (40 years into the future). Etc. and such

But you know hehe ... I still believe niavely God is good# It's just me and I know I am always stupid like that.

Mystvan 20-03-2017 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tseki (Post 467322)

No, you cannot. :headslap: The (Mi)Lady of the Rings’ heart belongs only to Mr. Frodo. :love: :lust: :kiss2: She is Lockheart to anybody... :no: :nono:

Even Saruman The White and Sauron (the most powerful Maiar) cannot win against the Power of Love! :clap: :rocks: :kuger:

Mystvan 20-03-2017 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tienkhoanguyen (Post 467348)
I just got a virus and had to restore somethings. I lost much in the process. Now I only have 5 DVDs worth of softwares on my computer. I am getting tired after over 100 installs. Again...

Anyways. The slow browser is fast now because I did not put any antivirus seeing it did not work the first time.

In addition all my mula worth of softwares are not on there yet. So it does not have to scan all my softwares before opening IE in Windows 8.

I am just interested in DOSBox 0.74, IE, and my backups. Well... any my wife whom I have yet to hold really. And my daughter whom I have yet to see (40 years into the future). Etc. and such

But you know hehe ... I still believe niavely God is good# It's just me and I know I am always stupid like that.

You can backup your PC by using Acronis True Image.

You can also use Comodo Firewall or ZoneAlarm Firewall because I heard they use Sandbox. But since I have not used them in years, maybe I am outdated.

Comodo IceDragon Browser: Internet Browser based on FireFox.

Great Drake

Dragon Browser: Internet Browser based on Chromium.

Sky Drake

tienkhoanguyen 20-03-2017 04:51 AM

JESUS

ATIH is well worth it back in the days. Even just this year I used ATIH. However I have the old 5 year one and it still works.

Frodo 23-03-2017 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tseki (Post 467322)

Hehe, yep, it's true. I'm a female hobbit. :OK:

Frodo 23-03-2017 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 467312)

Now this is really weird. :unsure:

The links didn't give any answers (although I appreciate you trying, thankyou :thumbsup:). The script error pop ups just kept coming. :wall:

Then it suddenly all just... stopped. Haven't had a pop up for 2 days now. :omg:

And The Precious is MINE! It belongs to ME! :bleh3:
*laughs manically, and runs away*

Japo 23-03-2017 09:14 PM

Hi Frodo I don't know what that is/was. That error message isn't enough to diagnose.

Maybe some Windows update fixed IE, no idea. Otherwise if it comes back you can try resetting all of IE's options to their defaults, or else go trough some troubleshooting procedure from MS to re-install IE somehow.

But it was for sure related to JavaScript. Not Java, which is different (and you probably don't need it installed).

arete 27-03-2017 04:30 PM

I get script errors in Firefox, but only from gmail. And sometimes from ublock. I just restart Firefox. But my Noscript addon blocks all scripts usually. I have to whitelist webpages that I trust.

You know what they say about IE? It's the web browser you use to download other web browsers.

Frodo 28-03-2017 03:00 AM

Japo, it was a really weird situation. Still don't know what caused it. :mhh:

Arete, I'll never abandon my lovely IE! :smile2:
It will always be the best way for Exploring the Internet. :OK:

arete 28-03-2017 12:33 PM

Yeah I suppose if you like it you must stick to it. But I always give my Firefox such beautiful theme covers. It's soooo shiny 0w0

Japo 28-03-2017 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arete (Post 467444)
I get script errors in Firefox, but only from gmail. And sometimes from ublock. I just restart Firefox. But my Noscript addon blocks all scripts usually. I have to whitelist webpages that I trust.

Those errors are probably complaining about missing the rest of the scripts that you're blocking :p

arete 30-03-2017 12:38 PM

It just says that a script on the page is not responding. Then gives me an option to stop the script, debug it or just continue.

Mystvan 03-04-2017 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo (Post 467411)
Now this is really weird. :unsure:

The links didn't give any answers (although I appreciate you trying, thankyou :thumbsup:). The script error pop ups just kept coming. :wall:

Then it suddenly all just... stopped. Haven't had a pop up for 2 days now. :omg:

And The Precious is MINE! It belongs to ME! :bleh3:
*laughs manically, and runs away*

How mean! (Mi)Lady of the Rings, Gollum went crazy after hearing of your answer! :wacko:

Your old, dear and sweet friend

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 467412)
Hi Frodo I don't know what that is/was. That error message isn't enough to diagnose.

Maybe some Windows update fixed IE, no idea. Otherwise if it comes back you can try resetting all of IE's options to their defaults, or else go trough some troubleshooting procedure from MS to re-install IE somehow.

But it was for sure related to JavaScript. Not Java, which is different (and you probably don't need it installed).

With all due respect, Mighty Emperor, I think uninstalling the browser IE is impractical as there may be updates that are common to the browser and some other softwares. The ideal would be to re-install the Operating System (Windows) and back up using Acronis True Image before and after each installation or upgrade. It is much better than using Windows System Restore with all its limitations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arete (Post 467444)

You know what they say about IE? It's the web browser you use to download other web browsers.

Well, Mighty Iron Maiden, at least the IE has its utility to download its competitors.

It would be best if before uninstalling browsers, you download their latest versions / updates so that you avoid using Internet Explorer for any purpose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo (Post 467449)
Japo, it was a really weird situation. Still don't know what caused it. :mhh:

Arete, I'll never abandon my lovely IE! :smile2:
It will always be the best way for Exploring the Internet. :OK:

Danger! :nuke: Internerd Exploder! Whoa! Internerd Exploding! :omg: :bleh3:

Mystvan 29-07-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tseki (Post 467209)
Might be a issue with Javascript and not Java (they are different things).

Or you can try to disable Javascript in IE11:

https://www.technipages.com/internet...ble-javascript

I just came back to post this to inform you that disabling Javascript in browsers can be very problematic. :sick:

I would only recommend in browsers rarely used. So disabling Javascript in browser is a big no no. :nono:

In this case, if you want to improve your digital security and the browser has add-ons, extensions, you could install for example NoScript, ScriptSafe or something (besides Adblock Plus and similar).

Too bad that IE, as well as Windows Phone, lack a lot of functionality and convenience. :rifle: :XP: :rocket:

This is one of the reasons I do not regret getting rid of the iPad and iPhone :apple: (more cons than pros besides charging me US$ 1.00 for each freeware / free apps such as Firefox, Mercury, etc. after registering my financial data! :suspicious: :dislike: :sucks: :flame: :rant:), which have been replaced by Android. :borg:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 482235)
I just came back to post this to inform you that disabling Javascript in browsers can be very problematic. :sick:

I would only recommend in browsers rarely used. So disabling Javascript in browser is a big no no. :nono:

In this case, if you want to improve your digital security and the browser has add-ons, extensions, you could install for example NoScript, ScriptSafe or something (besides Adblock Plus and similar).

Too bad that IE, as well as Windows Phone, lack a lot of functionality and convenience. :rifle: :XP: :rocket:

This is one of the reasons I do not regret getting rid of the iPad and iPhone :apple: (more cons than pros besides charging me US$ 1.00 for each freeware / free apps such as Firefox, Mercury, etc. after registering my financial data! :suspicious: :dislike: :sucks: :flame: :rant:), which have been replaced by Android. :borg:

I will explain better about the previous post.

Quote:

Pro: Apple has sleeker Design, Rubberized Protective Cap, Lightning connector, etc.

Con: Meanwhile, Android has more interesting, varied and important Apps than Apple.

Quote:

Pro: Apple has a better configuration than Android where all app settings are together. So, this gets more organized.

Con: However, App settings on iOS get a bit to be desired compared to the same Apps on Android.

Quote:

Pro: Apple has a “perfect” Backup and Restore System, and better than Android.

Con: However, I’ve heard that this “perfect” Restore and Backup System works only with the same version of the Operating System iOS.

Quote:

Con: Apple is more expensive than Android! :apple: $$$$$$ :banana:

Con: More Cons than Pros besides charging me US$ 1.00 for each freeware / free apps such as Firefox, Mercury, etc. after registering my financial data! :suspicious: :dislike: :sucks:

Quote:

As for Microsoft Windows Phone and Microsoft Store, no comments. :headslap: :palm:

:rifle: :XP: :rocket:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 482514)
I will explain better about the previous post.

Please no offense to Apple fans. :no: After all, I’ve been a former user of Apple products and migrated to Android.

Mystvan 16-01-2019 09:30 PM

Original Post

Quote:

I thought I had posted criticisms of Microsoft 2-Step Verification here in this post... Ugh... Apparently, I was wrong... *shrug* However, Microsoft 2-Step Verification remains really unreliable and very problematic. :wall: :hairpull: :sucks:

At that time, 30 days after contacting Microsoft, I was fortunately able to regain control of my Outlook Account (E-mails, Calendar and Contacts! *phew* *whew*). :clap:

Currently, Microsoft has problems with 02-Step Verification because I am often asked to validate my Account login, even though I have selected to keep the Account always on / active.

If this is not enough, when you are prompted for permission to the Microsoft Authenticator, this request is often not processed. :headslap: :palm:

So the other way to access the account would be through the password. Even if the Browser has saved / stored credentials, access also fails. Another problem! :sick:

So anyway, after a few attempts via Microsoft Authenticator, it finally asked about the access permission or the (credentials) access password worked! Otherwise, even so, I decided to type the address even if previous access attempts failed. And is not it amazing that I was able to access my Account? :clap:

Interestingly, Dropbox, in the early days of the its 02-Step Verification, took a long time (about 10 minutes! :yawn: :sleep:) to send the Verification Code via SMS. Now the system is really fast and reliable! :OK:

I have compiled a list of Services that allow 02-Step Verification:

Quote:

• Apple ID / iCloud; :OK:

• Gmail; :OK:

• Outlook.com; :sucks: :wall: :hairpull: :headslap: :palm:

• Yahoo! Mail; :OK:

Quote:

• Dropbox; :OK:

Quote:

• GOG.com; :OK:

• Origin; :OK:

• Steam. :OK: