PDA

View Full Version : Spectre VR & ???

MrBackAlleySka
26-08-2005, 01:11 AM
Hey, I been thinking back when I wandered around Electronics in Wal-Mart and Target when I was little, and I remember a Battlezone-like game they always had to 'demonstrate" the computers on sale. (that, or Descent) Any chance Spectre VR is abandonware? It'd be an awesome addition to the site :D I'd even write a review ...if it's not a no-go that is.

EDIT: Ok, Spectre VR isn't the one I remember. I'd STILL like to see Spectre VR on this site, but, the game I remember was like Battlezone, but it was for windows, not DOS. Anyone know what im talking about?

efthimios
26-08-2005, 01:26 AM
This game that you remember, can you specify anything else about it? Also year?

There was another Battlezone in the late 90s, though common only in name with the original.

MrBackAlleySka
26-08-2005, 02:01 AM
Well, the game was just like Battlezone, except the tanks were filled in with color, but still polygons and such. You could choose diffrent tanks. 3 I remember...maybe 4. One slow and strong, one medium, one fast and weak, and you could also custom one, to make it whatever strength/speed/power(?) using a certian number of points. The game was for windows, and it was probabally released around the time of descent, maybe earlier. The background and graphics weren't much. Little less than Starfox, and the far back was just a starry sky. It was 3d and first person perspective (though maybe you could see a behind view of your tank as well), and set had a future theme to it, not modern tanks.

Spectre VR is almost exactly what the graphics were, looks, everything, but I think this game was a little smoother, and definately for windows.

Also it played itself like a "beer and pretzel" game, if you know what I mean. Can't really describe what I mean by that if you don't know.

The computers always had 3 games, minesweeper, this, and a game where you had to kill mice, keep them from breeding and such. (PS, what's this game also? I'll start another thread. Damn nostalgia heh.)

Dave
30-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Spectre VR (1993) by Velocity
Abandonware :ok:

I can't help you with the other game.

Luchsen
10-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Hover! | 1995 | Microsoft | [FREEWARE]

Download it from Microsoft's Public FTP Server (ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/deskapps/games/public/AAS/Hover.EXE) [EXE|6.15MB]