PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday!

wendymaree
04-08-2004, 03:05 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Abandonia. *Handing out slices of MUD cake* :)

Big thanks to Kosta, Tom and everyone involved with Abandonia for creating such a special place to hang out with the like-minded.

Tom Henrik
04-08-2004, 04:57 AM
Thank you. 8)

I'll try to keep up the pace with the next updates.

wendymaree
04-08-2004, 05:20 AM
Well, you couldn't upload when the site FTP wasn't working properly. But you've done good today! Six VGA versions of Sierra games! Maybe a rename is in order to Abandon Heaven. (Yes, I'm a riot....perhaps a stand-up in my former life;-)

Good work, Tom.

Maikel
04-08-2004, 09:05 AM
I wonder how abandon heaven would look....16 color landscapes?? talking through text commands? :shock:

unclefester
04-08-2004, 11:47 AM
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Abandonia
Happy Birthday to you

Hooray!!!! :D

Durak
04-08-2004, 01:04 PM
*No, the people from Greece know our secret song!*

mika
04-08-2004, 06:03 PM
I wonder how abandon heaven would look....16 color landscapes?? talking through text commands? *:shock:

Or maybe Abandonia BBS? Using ASCII art and playing LORD (Legend Of The Red Dragon) door games! :lol: (Showing my age)

Kosta
04-08-2004, 06:37 PM
I wonder how abandon heaven would look....16 color landscapes?? talking through text commands? *:shock:

Or maybe Abandonia BBS? Using ASCII art and playing LORD (Legend Of The Red Dragon) door games! :lol: (Showing my age)

Laugh all you want, I once thought about making a site that looks like a BBS.... decided to quit the idea though because it would involve too much work, and no one would get it probably :)

aiwaman
04-08-2004, 06:48 PM
Yay!
Happy birthday, Abandonia!
And thanks to all of you who made and maintained such a wonderful site! :D

The Niles
04-08-2004, 07:49 PM
(Showing my age)

And would that be someone young who is acting older then he is or someone who is old, acting well below his age?

:jk:

mika
04-08-2004, 08:38 PM
Laugh all you want, I once thought about making a site that looks like a BBS.... decided to quit the idea though because it would involve too much work, and no one would get it probably :)

I'm not laughing at all. I miss BBS' just as much as I missed old games (until I found out about abandonware sites) The thing is there are no BBS' around these days (at least not in SA) that I could go and "play" on ;)

Kosta, did you ever use a BBS called Mortadela BBS? It was owned by a friend of mine, who's also living here now.

mika
04-08-2004, 08:40 PM
And would that be someone young who is acting older then he is or someone who is old, acting well below his age?

That would be someone who is older, but was hoping he was coming off much younger :roll: