PDA

View Full Version : [Amayirot Akago] Lode Runner: The Legend Returns

codinh
22-06-2013, 01:50 PM
Hello everybody!
Let me tell you how grateful I am for the existance of such an awesome place. I hope you'll be able to help me!

I remember playing during the 90s (second half, I think 1998-1999) a side-scrolling game in which you were an explorer, dressed a lot like the pitfall dude: leather jacket, brown hair, and such. The levels were with a black background, with ladders to climb from one level to another.

The most distinctive feature about it were the enemies: they were dressed in red cloaks, were incredibly horrifying (at least for me at the time) and started chasing you. If they got you, they started eating you up. No body features could be seen, not even the head which was entirely covered by the heavy red cape.

Thank you again!

Amayirot Akago
22-06-2013, 01:56 PM
I'd say it's one of the Lode Runner games, except your description of the protagonist doesn't really match those.

codinh
22-06-2013, 02:13 PM
I don't know... I'm not 100% sure about the protagonists, but what I really remember there were the red caped men. I think the graphics were better than those of Lode Runner you showed me, but the level layout was somehow similar. Thanks a bunch anyways!

Bugamn
22-06-2013, 04:01 PM
I feel that the enemies of the 95 version really fit the description.

RRS
22-06-2013, 06:43 PM
http://www.mobygames.com/game/win3x/lode-runner-the-legend-returns/screenshots/gameShotId,5319/

codinh
30-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Yes, that's it! Thanks so much everyone, thanks Amayirot Akago for finding it out (I looked at a different version of the game, and I didn't recognize it) and RRS for pointing me out the right version of the game. You've been of great help!