Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 24-04-2006, 12:46 AM   #1
omg
Games Master

what on earth is going on here. are the happy retro gameing community vibes no longer here?
anubis - i used to really like sparring with this guy. an unashamed conservative and a good debater. gone. i read the posts that got him banned. i still cant understand why.
seems like an overeaction.
sebatanios - good debater, stonehenge expert, uber reviewer. gone . due to unexplained problem with some of the mods and admins here. i dont see how this site will continue without him. certainly wont be as many games being added. and the forum will definatly suffer from lack of his and anubis's input
kon tiki- another person who is part of the cement of this forum

we already *lost* a lot of the better forum members to a.r
and now in a few days we have lost three of the *old gaurd* as it were due to a problem with some mods/admins

things are going downhill. if this is due to a mod /admin in particular, anyone who is in the higher ranks needs to check that mod/admin
if you are in the workplace and valued employees leave becuase of a supervisor, how long does that supervisor keep there job...

does anyone actually know what is going on here?
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 24-04-2006, 02:21 AM   #2
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

There is nothing going on here... We say nothing because there is nothing to be said about all this.

Sebastianos didn't get into a fight with mods or Admins which resulted in his leave, it been his complete decision. As for Anubis, he been banned because of his actions like it been stated already. Threatening admins is not a small offense. As for Kon Tiki, his leave is also his (or her I never remember genders) decision, probably simply following Sebastianos lead. Probably because he(she) wanted to go with a big bang, and this was the best way to do it.

What do you want us to tell you more than that? There is nothing hidden from your eyes which would enlighten you more than what you know already. I myself am pretty puzzled, but as I said in the end it's their own choice.
Old 24-04-2006, 02:30 AM   #3
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

I just finished writing in the thread about Sebs leaving the site, and I check that also Kon Tiki is leaving?
Unless this is a tactical move from them to push things in a certain direction, this is even worse than I previously thought.

If nothing is going on, how come 2 of the most active members say they are leaving because of differences with the people running things here? (that is a rhetorical question).

I am not even counting Anubis.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 24-04-2006, 02:36 AM   #4
moogle
Abandonia Homie

I can understand why Anubis was banned.
Kon Tiki left because of something at AR (which I'm not too sure about, but w/e) and I think Seb mainly left because he was busy (he left for a while back also) and now was an oportune moment.
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 24-04-2006, 02:48 AM   #5
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Every forum goes through phases like it... one generation stepping down, replaced by the next, hopefully... if not, the forum implodes unto itself.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 24-04-2006, 04:25 AM   #6
win98
In the loop on hardware.

Yeah any one who joined in 2005 is the next generation after the people who joined in 2004. If I ever leave you will hear about it. Oh an the 2006 people are the next generation.After 2005 people like me.
win98 is offline                         Send a private message to win98
Old 24-04-2006, 07:37 AM   #7
wormpaul
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to wormpaul Send a message via Yahoo to wormpaul

Yeah, i can understand people sometimes just need a break to relax..

I did the same for the whole internet and it makes me feel much better to have more spare time and just only played offline games for a while..

Maybe all people will return some day and i will open my arms wide for them :angel:
Old 24-04-2006, 08:07 AM   #8
Aristharus
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Aristharus

Now this is getting weird... I haven't been writing that actively, but I've actively read these forums since the day I joined. This community has seen a lot together, everything from deaths to marriages, and now two (more) of the most active members of a very long time are gone.

It's natural, of course.. As TheGiantMidgit said, the generation is stepping down and leaving room for the next one. Still, I wouldn't wish for that to happen. I've seen enough people leave AB, some posting about it with good reasons, some just vanishing over time. Many people have mostly moved to AR, too. Still it's always sad to see an active member of the community leave.

I just hope Kon-Tiki and Seb will be back some day. Of course along with Anubis and all the others.

And all you AR people who seem to almost have forgotten us back here in AB (Tom, Tai, DeathDude and all the others), get back here!!1 :ranting:
Old 24-04-2006, 08:31 AM   #9
Juni Ori
Forum hobbit

Heh, I've been AR-dweller for 9 months or something, and finally I've spent some time here too. And things aren't quite that simple that you can simply point finger at mods/admins when members leave, especially in this small amount. Of course I understand they were significant members, but does that mean the end? No. It's more - like mentioned above - natural cycle and chance to others to take responsibility and work for the sites.
Juni Ori is offline                         Send a private message to Juni Ori
Old 24-04-2006, 08:33 AM   #10
Kearnsy
Games Master

Its the changing of the guard, I suppose.
People come and go and and you just have to understand that they need a break for a while... or they want to make to make a point.

I think its a shame that some people feel that they need to leave rather than sit down and try to work out these issues.

(Then again, I have no knowledge of the specifics so what I just said could be unappropriate.
Kearnsy is offline                         Send a private message to Kearnsy
Closed Thread