Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Do you want the European Union?
Yes 28 49.12%
No 16 28.07%
Maybe later 3 5.26%
I'n not european 10 17.54%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2005, 12:31 PM   #1
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

How do you think about EU?

I'd like the idea... but i think that nowadays it's really difficult to merge so many different (and someones nationalistic, too) countries!
We are not like USA and many of us don't want to be like that even in the future...

P.S. even the non europeans ones are allowed to speak here!
Old 06-06-2005, 12:38 PM   #2
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

Where's the 'Indifferent' option? It could become a good thing, could just as well become a bad thing, and knowing how politicians are 'round here nowadays (looking at Dutch, British and Italian politicians mainly, as I don't know anything 'bout other), it'll probably be turned into another way for them to fill their pockets and behave like headless chickens. I'm indifferent 'bout their little playground.
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 06-06-2005, 12:40 PM   #3
omg
Games Master

i used to love the idea of the european dream. i thought it was a great idea and that it would be good for the world to have a superpower that isnt america, however the whole thing depresses me now. no offense to turkish people, bulgarians or any of the other countries that they are trying to get to join, but we still have homeless people in england. our goverment doesnt do much to help single parent familys, and they have set up a nasty tax trap for middle class familys, we still have a housing shortfall, our public transport is the worst in western europe, our hospitals are infected with a flesh eating supervirus, we have some serios issues here basically that need to be sorted out. i dont think we or the french or the dutch should have to pay out money to bulk up the econmies of these lesser countries that are trying to join, we have problems on our home turf. we need to sort these out first before we go helping others.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 06-06-2005, 12:41 PM   #4
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Kon-Tiki@Jun 6 2005, 11:38 AM
Where's the 'Indifferent' option?
In that case you can vote NO
Old 06-06-2005, 12:49 PM   #5
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

I think the European Union should have stayed a trade body, the European Economic Community (the Common market) If they really wish to go through with this idea (and they of coarse do) they should put the entire thing on hold. Maintain the status quo for a while. I mean the euro hasn't been along for that long yet and countries need to pay more attention to their national problems vefore tackling new international frontiers. Also in terms of expansion we already have a lot of new member states in need of aid, expanding even more right now would be insane.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:51 PM   #6
omg
Games Master

the common market is a good thing. giving our money to bolster the econemys and social infrastructure of other nations is not. not untill we have our own sorted out.

edit: amazing that the nos are in the lead ........
Old 06-06-2005, 12:55 PM   #7
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

I vote YES k: , cause it gives my country the protection against the MF+ Russia. They wanted my country and all the Baltic in their MF+ union. Well F+ it - your left out. :evil:
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546
Old 06-06-2005, 12:59 PM   #8
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Jesus... vote YES people....

It's a good idea and it may yet work, provided that we can make all of the economies self-sustaining, at the the moment it's all a bit fragile...

does that mean the me and omg are the only people who voted yes?
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 06-06-2005, 01:00 PM   #9
omg
Games Master

sorry dude, though we normally agree with each other i voted no. for the reosens i give above. we really need to sort ourselfs out first. the nhs is still terrible. (mrsa with your tea vicar?)
Old 06-06-2005, 01:09 PM   #10
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by omg@Jun 6 2005, 01:40 PM
i used to love the idea of the european dream. i thought it was a great idea and that it would be good for the world to have a superpower that isnt america, however the whole thing depresses me now. no offense to turkish people, bulgarians or any of the other countries that they are trying to get to join, but we still have homeless people in england. our goverment doesnt do much to help single parent familys, and they have set up a nasty tax trap for middle class familys, we still have a housing shortfall, our public transport is the worst in western europe, our hospitals are infected with a flesh eating supervirus, we have some serios issues here basically that need to be sorted out. i dont think we or the french or the dutch should have to pay out money to bulk up the econmies of these lesser countries that are trying to join, we have problems on our home turf. we need to sort these out first before we go helping others.
We should unite, because alone, many countries are strugling. United, we could achieve your dream. Anyway, you are not against it, because you said that you will join it when everything is sorted out in your country. See?
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546