Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-11-2005, 03:28 PM   #321
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

:blink: Dear :blink: Maerryji:
I'm please to see you're all trying to contribute (by gathering data for the game), but in general multiple posts are something people should try to avoid. If possible one should try to include more information in a single post, to making new ones one after the other. I realise that it's sometimes easier this way, that's why I'm not even considering moderating the posts, but I just stated that for the future reference.

Please continue the discusion. k:

PS - you're also more then welcome to join the comunity and register.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 01-11-2005, 03:36 PM   #322
Undertaker
Super Freak

OK, I'll do my best! Sorry about the previous few posts; I could have made fewer. k:
Undertaker is offline                         Send a private message to Undertaker
Old 01-11-2005, 03:40 PM   #323
Reanimator

To Undertaker: I'm still following you but I mean I've not found anything there in both Lands versions I've got :eeeeeh:

P.S. I'm not a discoverer of nightmare mode. The discoverer is Maerryji himself.
My merit is I predicted that nightmare exists. :angel:
Reanimator is offline                         Send a private message to Reanimator
Old 01-11-2005, 03:50 PM   #324
Undertaker
Super Freak

That's... odd. I couldn't have dropped it myself, because there's only one Scale Mail in the entire game and I had the other one in my inventory. Or where there two? If so, I've just made a HUGE mistake and you should all laugh at me! LOL

Edit: You're both too modest! You're greater gods of the Lands than Anu!
Undertaker is offline                         Send a private message to Undertaker
Old 01-11-2005, 04:07 PM   #325
Reanimator

Watch This! Here is an addition to Maerryji's item list. I've never seen anyone talk about those things:

axe "Splitter"
great axe "Meister"
great axe "Executioner"
great maul "Thor's Fist"
great maul "Armageddon"
great bow "Tracker"
long sword "Ares' Breath"
long sword "Life Taker"
rapier "Coup D' Grace"
staff "Gainful"
bloody staff
trident "Pestilence"
Mesmer's great helm
aegis kite shield
bronze key
blood key
talba ring
vortex scroll

This is the full list of unknown items of Lands.
It is created by Maerryji (algorithm) and Me (performance) .
Reanimator is offline                         Send a private message to Reanimator
Old 01-11-2005, 04:17 PM   #326
Maerryji

Dear VIP!
I ssssstrongly doubt I am "more then welcome to join the comunity and register" because I don't wishhhh to be called neither "newbie spammer" nor "Abandonia nerd". And I don't have that much time and cannot post 12.17204301 messages every single day ssssso I won't ever become somethhhing VIP-like here.

Old 01-11-2005, 05:25 PM   #327
Maerryji

Undertaker, there are indeed two scale mails (both are in the chests in Draracle cave level 3) but it's not a reason to laugh at you. I also haven't found it in the place you described but maybe you aren't wrong. There might be special conditions for them to appear. Well, maybe you can just check it again?
(By the way, does your trainer let you move through the walls only within the same area or you can cross them? If you need I can tell you the position of level-byte in save file.)

One more useless but nice secret: did you know that there are "mirror areas" for Northern and Southern forests? It means there is a place in Northland forest which mirrors the Southern one and vice versa. I've found it with HET (hex-editing techniques) but probably trainers can reach it, too.

Old 01-11-2005, 05:49 PM   #328
Undertaker
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Maerryji@Nov 1 2005, 06:25 PM
By the way, does your trainer let you move through the walls only within the same area or you can cross them? If you need I can tell you the position of level-byte in save file.

One more useless but nice secret: did you know that there are "mirror areas" for Northern and Southern forests? It means there is a place in Northland forest which mirrors the Southern one and vice versa. I've found it with HET (hex-editing techniques) but probably trainers can reach it, too.
I don't completely understand what you mean here. I guess you mean skipping entire levels by crossing area's. No, I can't do that but my trainer allows me "unlimited movement"; I can just pass through walls the same way ghosts would do. I will check out the location again soon! k:

Yes, I know about the mirror area's ! My first guess was that the programmer's intention was to put both levels in one, but it would be pointless to do that for BOTH levels. But it's cool nonetheless.
Did you know about the little area behind Vulture's Chasm in the Yvel Woods?

I did know about the Great Maul "Armaggeddon"; it's in the item list at www.ethereallore.com!
But isn't Axe "Splitter" a common axe? I know there's Axe "Slitter" and I think there was another axe named something like that. But I'm unsure about this...

About the titles: yes, I have to agree here. The titles are not very friendly towards newcomers. I wonder what I'll be called next when I hit the 100 posts... :tai:
Old 01-11-2005, 06:09 PM   #329
Maerryji

To teleport between the areas you can use HET. The addres of byte which represents level is 0000025E (disk version) or 00000269 (CD version). Acceptable values are 01-1D. Tower level 3 is 15. Together with trainer it would be useful.

I think you're right about the mirror areas. So when it was decided to put them to different places programmers have just made a copy and updated the design for it without changing the maps.

First one who told me about the area behind Vulture's Chasm was Reanimator.
But he didn't mention any links with Dungeons there.

Your next title is "tech wizz".

Old 01-11-2005, 06:14 PM   #330
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Maerryji@Nov 1 2005, 07:17 PM
Dear VIP!
I ssssstrongly doubt I am "more then welcome to join the comunity and register" because I don't wishhhh to be called neither "newbie spammer" nor "Abandonia nerd". And I don't have that much time and cannot post 12.17204301 messages every single day ssssso I won't ever become somethhhing VIP-like here.
OK - first off I apologize for spaming (but I can't contact with Maerryji in any other way). Those titles you refer too are made according to the number of posts yes, but the VIP status has nothing to do with it.
If you contribute (could be technical solutions, games reviews,...) you can become a VIP (it's got nothing to do with the number of posts) - and if nothing else, it's easier to comunicate.
The comunity is welcoming and those titles have no connection with the atitude (and the counts are from whenever you joind forth - so you wouldn't need a huge number of daily posts).

OK - enough from me, just wanted to clear that up.

Please continue the discusion k:
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos