Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-07-2005, 09:30 AM   #91
Marc

Hi

I downloaded SC2 from your site recently, and got it to work using dosbox and /g:bios (hooray!), but, when I am in orbit around a planet the sound goes a bit funny; the music keeps playing, but the additional sounds come in and start repeating.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

- I wasn't able to download URM from sourceforge, I think my firewall is in the way; how about posting a full copy on this site?

Old 13-07-2005, 11:15 AM   #92
Amygdala

Hello - I just got the Ur-Quan masters, and it works perfectly... But sligtly odd, regarding music. The first time I played (at work ) the old soundtrack, sounding like the original mods were playing. Today, restoring my saved game, new music turns up - the music is way cool, but I'm in it for the nostalgia!

Can you tell me how to bring the original score back...?

Thanks in advance

-Amygdala

Old 02-08-2005, 10:41 PM   #93
Thumbs up

i'm from Brazil and i have a question in the begining of the game it asks for a kind of password where should i find, please tell me...

Old 05-08-2005, 03:43 AM   #94

Hello all, I don't know if this has been discussed before (did not read msg board), so, just in case it hasn't, here is the address to an awsome Star Control II remake:

http://sc2.sourceforge.net/

Old 05-08-2005, 01:01 PM   #95
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Yes, it has been mentioned, repeatedly.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 08-08-2005, 10:35 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Aug 2 2005, 10:41 PM
i'm from Brazil and i have a question in the begining of the game it asks for a kind of password where should i find, please tell me...
If what you see is a green star, type CYGNUS.

I have a problem after that, though. A menu comes up with the New Game and Load Game options, but then it seems to stop responding. The arrow keys don't work to change the selection, and neither enter nor spacebar will select the option it's on. Anyone else have this problem, or know how to fix it?

Old 12-08-2005, 10:53 AM   #97
minhtuan
Forum hobbit

I run this game fine under WinXP. Just choose SC2.exe, right click, choose Properties->memory, change EMS memory to 3MB at least.

In fact, the txt file clearly note that SC2 require 2.7MB of EMS memory to run.

Great game! k:
minhtuan is offline                         Send a private message to minhtuan
Old 12-08-2005, 03:45 PM   #98
Katmo
Wink

Best game I have ever played. It took me and my brother over a year to solve this one when it first came out.
FYI, the most powerful ship in the game.. when handled correctly... is, amazingly enough, a spathi ship.
My bro defeated 274 Ur-Quan Kzer-za and Kohr-Ah ships with dear lil Fwiffo one heady night before we learned what a Dynaari is for.
I recommend this game to any true gamers who want a challenge and what is by far the greatest game of the 90's.
Humour, freedom, a villianous race which actually has a truly interesting story behind them.... amazing stuff.

Old 12-08-2005, 09:52 PM   #99
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

I only wish there was some way to remove the arbitrary end-of-the-universe clock metaphorically ticking away in the background. This was the sole criticism of the game when it came out: that you really wanted to play so much more, discovering stuff around this universe, but you were actually under a time limit (though it was often not very clear). Personally, I'd love to remove that limit altogether, but I'm sure it's hard-coded.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 14-08-2005, 11:20 AM   #100
minhtuan
Forum hobbit

I think the limited game time is ok. If not, this game would be simulation, not strategy.

Anyway, the game code has been released to the gaming society, therefore you could voice your opinion of the future Urquan Master versions at

sc2.sourceforge.net
minhtuan is offline                         Send a private message to minhtuan