Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-05-2006, 02:46 AM   #191
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by bgf@May 20 2006, 07:42 PM
how can i download it????
Simple, you can't! ESA protected means the copyright is still held and protected by a company called the ESA to make sure the game can't be freely distributed. Sorry, and welcome to the site! :bye:
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 24-05-2006, 01:50 PM   #192
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
it CAN NOT BE DOWNLOADED! We also can't provide you with information on where or how to get it
have you noticed this part at all?
WE CANNOT PROVIDE YOU WITH INFORMATION WHERE / HOW TO OBTAIN IT ILLEGALLY!!!

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 24-05-2006, 06:52 PM   #193
guesst
Abandonia Homie

I guess that ESA NoGo button isn't clear enough. Maybe it should be changed to say:

The ESA does not allow download of this program. To comply with law this site has removed the download link for all ESA protected programs. You can not download this program here or anywhere on this site, nor can we help you find a copy of this program for download. Please do not spam our message boards with requests for where to find ESA protected software. You may want to try eBay and see if anyone's selling. Other than that, please we can't help. Sorry. If you persist in buggin us about it our admins may excercise the right to ban your IP. NO ABANDONIA FOR YOU

Now we just need to fit that into the same size as the download button.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 26-05-2006, 02:21 PM   #194
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I think that "ESA protected. Do not ask how/where to download it." would suffice.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 30-05-2006, 03:21 AM   #195
sunkenstate

Ok, I am supremely glad to announce that using Ron Windeyer's patch, I've got U8 up and running. However, the whole thing feels like it is in slow motion. Is there anyway to speed up the game's frame rate? Also, im using a IBM thinkpad R40, with an integrated sound/music card. Any idea how to set this up properly in the game so I can hear fx and music? Thanks!
sunkenstate is offline                         Send a private message to sunkenstate
Old 22-06-2006, 01:35 PM   #196
Pagan Guru

I have start to play that game in 1994 with a 386 at 40MHz, with a VGA card of 2MB and PC memory at 8MB.
To day, i still to play that game.

Believe me, until to day, there is not an equal game like Pagan.
The magic, is magic, if you want magic & power, you have to enter in to the mystery of mysticycm.
Have you seen other games?
The magic is like candys from super market.

Just live in the world of Pagan, let your minds travel under the mystery cape of that game.

When you do your first spell, you will undrstund, why the games of today are not good.

If you are good players, i will tell you how to kill the Titans permanently.

The speech speed depends from the option of speech speed.

The game speed depends from CPU, i have a Pentium I MMX 266MHz, the game runs so fast...i must to fix the runing speed option becose the Avatar falls in to the watter all the time.

CU mortal ones

Old 23-06-2006, 03:48 PM   #197
locool

I first played this game when it originally came out in '94, and I'm ashamed to admit that it ran too slowly on my computer so I payed out money I couldn't afford to upgrade it 'sigh'. Superficially it looks better than the previous Ultima's, and I think this is what sucked me in, but ULTIMAtely (forgive the pun) IMO it is inferior to the previous ones in the series with it's emphasis on jumping etc. Sadly a foretaste of what was to come, which resulted with the series ending in a whimper rather than a bang with Ultima XI Ascension (although I personally have not played the last one). Looking back, a magnificent series which is only marred slightly by the last two.

Old 23-06-2006, 03:52 PM   #198
locool
Unhappy

I first played this game when it originally came out in '94, and I'm ashamed to admit that it ran too slowly on my computer so I payed out money I couldn't afford to upgrade it 'sigh'. Superficially it looks better than the previous Ultima's, and I think this is what sucked me in, but ULTIMAtely (forgive the pun) IMO it is inferior to the previous ones in the series with it's emphasis on jumping etc. Sadly a foretaste of what was to come, which resulted with the series ending in a whimper rather than a bang with Ultima IX Ascension (although I personally have not played the last one). Looking back, a magnificent series which is only marred slightly by the last two.

PS got the numerals for Ultima Ascension round the wrong way so posted twice.

Old 23-06-2006, 06:47 PM   #199
Pagan Guru

Yesterday, i have post a message, now i have just finished the U8 for one more time.
The game the i have download yesterday have some...changes.

*The music is not the original music, they are remix files, but they are also good.

*In the mountain King's pass, the platforms does not move, this makes the game easyer.

*Avatar denides to jump some times, this also makes the game easyer becose if your action is incorect the Avatar stays still and you will not jump in to the watter.

*The entranse to the Moriens (Zealans) has 2 bugs, 1.The sighn inside stands to the air, 2. in the upper corner you will see glowing ligths, in this plase must exist an invisible chest, you must cast the "reveal" spell to see the chest, but reveal dosent do anything.

*The recall item works in the Daemons Crag, in the old version you have to go out to the catacombs, the recal item does not worked nowere in Daemons Crag.

*The pyramid black rock fragment, does not charge easy, you must droop it to the ground and then double click in to the Avatar, then you must to move it to unstuck it before you finish the game.

Old 24-06-2006, 05:45 AM   #200
Scatty
Treasure hunter

That's because this is a version with a patch from Richard Garriott applied. I think though it would be much better if they ever brought out the addon for Ultima 8 that they intended previously, than this patch. The game was playable enough without it, but is admittedly better with it anyway.
As of Ultima 9, I played it and I'm disappointed. The previous Ultima parts are all better than it, the last part just doesn't have the feeling of the great Ultima world like in previous games in it, and it was close to boring. And the combats in Ultima IX are pitiable, there's Gothic very much better.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty