Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-09-2007, 05:01 PM   #1
Daniel

Hello, i have a problem with the game called cutthroats terror on the high seas. I always get ctd ( crash to desktop ) when i stay too much in the "crow's nest view". Can anybody help me ? Is there an xp patch or something ? I have the patch for version 7.0 but the game readme dosnt say it works on xp. I asume that is the problem, but if u know of another cause pls tell me and give me the solution. Thank you for your time.

P.S. I forgot to mention, i didnt get the game from the site couse the site dosnt have it, but its an oldy but goldy and i am sure some of u played it and know what i am talking about.

Daniel

Old 30-09-2007, 08:48 AM   #2
So9
Forum hobbit

hi

are you talking about this one ?

have you installed the latest patch ?

So9 is offline                         Send a private message to So9
Old 30-09-2007, 01:54 PM   #3
Daniel

Yes, i am talking about that one, and i have the v7.0 patch aswell.

Old 30-09-2007, 03:20 PM   #4
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

maybe it could be sound issues, did you try disabling it and see whether the problem stays?
Old 30-09-2007, 03:52 PM   #5
Daniel

The sound is fine, why would a sound issue cause ctd ? The game just closes up when i use a certain feature for a bit longer then 1 min or so.

P.S. And i dont want it without sound anyway, its not interesting and u need sound to play couse some caracters talk, like the governor or the ship's crew and so on. I need a certain cause and solution if u can think of one.

Old 30-09-2007, 03:56 PM   #6
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

well, sometimes wrong sound can cause random crashes. and the purpose of the test wouldnt be to disable sounds and/or music wouldnt be to disable it permamently but to try whether its the problem or search somewhere else
Old 30-09-2007, 04:24 PM   #7
Daniel

I tryed the sound thing, it still crashes even with the sound off, but it seams it always crashes when i am in the crows nest view mod.
By the way, i have a v7.0 patch that is 9mb in size, its bigger then the v7.0 patch on gamepoint and in the game i get v1 p7 is that alright ?

I think the problem is windows xp, the game might have a conflict with it .... Pls, someone who has experience with this game give me a solution, i realy want to play it again :wallbash:

Old 30-09-2007, 04:48 PM   #8
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

well i personaly dont know if its alright since i dont have the game but why wont you try also the one from "gamepoint" and see if it changes anything. if i were you, i would try compatibility options after the patch (when you right click the excutable).

and if niether that works, there are plenty of tips in direct x diagnostic tools about what to do when an application crashes (like turnining off hardware graphic acceleration) - for that type in "dxdiag" in to your start->run and select "more help"

and if you are desperate enough, you can use virtual mashine, downloadable from microsoft site. there you can install some older version of windows os on your xp
Old 30-09-2007, 05:11 PM   #9
Daniel

I dont download the patch from gamepoint couse i dont have an acount and i hate going throw the boring proces of making an acount just for one download and afther that to find out that nothing changed, i rather ask first if the version that shows up in the main menu is right.

Old 30-09-2007, 05:15 PM   #10
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

i think you will be done sooner with the registration before anybody answers..