Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
catchaserguns
Games Master

Default IE8 gives me blank page when I click a link.

I have this problem with IE8. When I click a link to another website from another website (example clicking Abandonia from The Abandonwarering) I get a blank pageBlank Page.JPG I can still click the link from on top to go to the page but this also happens on all my email accounts when I click a link on one of my emails. Any suggestions would help. I have tried to restore IE8 to it defaullt settings and it works for a short while but when I close IE8 and click it on again it happens again. It doesn't affect my favorites just affects clicking links on my emails and links to other sites from other sites.
catchaserguns is offline                         Send a private message to catchaserguns
Old 15-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
Japo
Autonomous human

I would guess that the 3rd party homepage you have is interfering, see the message on the status bar "Downloading ... mysearchresults.com ..." The Internet is full of instructions on how to "remove mysearchresults". It was probably installed along with other software, many free software offer these useless or harmful browser addons during installation, if you just click "next" without reading.

I would start by uninstalling from the Windows Control Panel (where this addon is listed as "DefaultTab" or also "Browser Protect"). And then go to Tools > manage add-ons in IE and remove anything remaining. You can also reset the home page if necessary, or reset all browser settings. I think that should do it.

PS: You can also go to Tools > Internet Options > Tabs to change if popup links open a new window or a tab.

Last edited by Japo; 15-06-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Japo is offline                         Send a private message to Japo
Old 15-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
catchaserguns
Games Master

Thank You. That did it! every thing is back to normal. You guys rock!
catchaserguns is offline                         Send a private message to catchaserguns