Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-08-2008, 10:30 PM   #71
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreemanNS View Post
I have download this game from here,and I must say it works under DosBox.

But I have a little problem. The game doesnt work so nice,i have a feeling its freezing a little bit(working slow) in some places,like Tavern,or in bulding where you report for duty,where your captain is. So does anyone knows how to fix this? As said I am using DosBox and Win XP. And I putted "amount of dos memory(MB)" to be 63 and Cycles to 8000. I have 1 more thing to say,that music doesnt work correctly too,it lets say "lags" or freezes a little . So does anyone have this kind of problem or its just me? Or I need to work on dosbox settings more for this game? Some Help? Thank you!
And who told you you should mess with the memory size or the amount of cycles to run this game? Enforcing a low cyclecount is boun to cause slowdowns. Increase the amount of cycles you're running DOSBox at to something like 12000 or 15000 and the slowdowns should disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreemanNS View Post
Hmm is there maybe a way for you to upload this game somewhere on like RapidShare? So we can play it with full sound and everything? Coz I cant find this full game anywhere... I searched on torrent and many more places and had no luck I wish I can play full version of it. I was even looking at stores,noone doesnt have this game... So is there a way for you to help us to play it? Or can you contact me on PM and we can think of something? Thank you!
If you've looked for it on torrents, you obviously didn't look in the right places
As for uploading that image to Rapidshare... stay around till you gain access to the Iso Cellar forum. Then ask me again.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 20-08-2008, 11:04 PM   #72
FreemanNS

Mmm I read it somewhere on some site,if game works slowly to put more cycles and bigger memory,so thats what I did,since game was working slowly.

Well i was searching over [BEEEP] and [BEEEP] ? I couldnt find any there. Can you PM with site where I can download it from?

Hmm and what is Iso Cellar forum exacly? Sorry maybe I sound dumb,but i really have no idea what that is .... I know what Iso means and what is it used for,but have no idea what kind of forum is that one.

Well hope to hear from you soon. And I will try to put cycles to 12000 or 15000. Thank you!

Last edited by The Fifth Horseman; 21-08-2008 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Torrent links removed.
FreemanNS is offline                         Send a private message to FreemanNS
Old 21-08-2008, 09:18 AM   #73
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Mmm I read it somewhere on some site,if game works slowly to put more cycles and bigger memory,so thats what I did,since game was working slowly.
DOS games that need more than 8 MB of RAM are a rarity... and no, you won't get any performance gain if you have more RAM - the virtual memory stuff was a Windows thing. DOS games require exactly as much memory as given on the box and not a megabyte more.
Also, per default DOSBox tries autodetecting the maximum cycle value at which your machine can run. You can manage better performance by manually regulating it, but it requires some trial and error - just arbitrarily setting it to some value won't do.

Quote:
Well i was searching over [BEEEP] and [BEEEP] ? I couldnt find any there. Can you PM with site where I can download it from?
Posting links to torrent sites on the forums is not allowed. Please don't do that again. But FYI, those two sites are not really significant compared to what's out there.
Quote:
Hmm and what is Iso Cellar forum exacly? Sorry maybe I sound dumb,but i really have no idea what that is .... I know what Iso means and what is it used for,but have no idea what kind of forum is that one.
A forum in which we share links to ISOs of games that have been uploaded to file sharing sites such as Rapidshare, Mediafire etc.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 22-08-2008, 11:55 PM   #74
phildaman46

Default Touche with Speech!

You can get Touche with speech here:

http://files.filefront.com/Touchezip.../fileinfo.html

I can only get it to work in Scummvm. Let me now if you can get it to work with Dosbox.

Edit: Sorry, download link doesn't work anymore. I guess it was a temporary link.

Last edited by phildaman46; 30-09-2008 at 02:49 PM.
phildaman46 is offline                         Send a private message to phildaman46
Old 23-08-2008, 12:25 PM   #75
dosraider
Dismembered.

I have the original Touché CD (French), it works flawless in dosbox, speech included.
So if your file doesn't work it means it's a bad image or your dosbox skills aren't sufficient....
FYI: I made a bin/cue from my CD and mounted that in dosbox, no problems whatsoever.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 20-12-2008, 03:58 AM   #76
girderland
Default <3

Can't believe you've got this game! I always loved it, the best adventure game ever!
thanx!!!!!!

Old 13-06-2009, 04:40 AM   #77
OldSchoolPlayer

For all who have some trouble running it with DOSBox, this game works fine with SCUMMVM (scummvm.org), like a lot of other adventure games, from LucasArts and Sierra.

Hope that'll help.

Old 17-06-2009, 07:04 PM   #78
gumpy
Game freak

The humor in this game reminds me a lot of the British TV show Blackadder.
gumpy is offline                         Send a private message to gumpy
Old 01-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #79

darn it. i used the candle on the knife way back when i had to cut the rope that was tied to the sack and catapult myself up to that chick's bedroom. Now I need to unlock the gate at Le Havre. is there any other way to get a replacement candle or do I have to start over...?

Old 18-05-2010, 01:36 AM   #80
Fake Guybrush
So I found the talkie version of this and downloaded it (http://ineedfile.com/download/106918...keteer-dos-rar)

But the package is just a .DAT and a .SOF file. I'm guessing it's kind of like .bin/cue but I don't know. Anyone have an idea how to properly burn / mount this? It probably doesn't help that I'm on OS X, googling didn't help.