Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Rejected requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-12-2004, 04:31 AM   #1
goblins
Game Wizzard

Default 1602 AD [SOLD]

Ok this game is 1998 i think its 6 years old (is it to recent to get onto abandonia or are you guys able to get it ?)

I love the colonization download - another thing you could put up that is available to download off the underdogs.org is alpha centuari alien crossfire expansion download (at 135MB its a bit big) but im sure you would get plenty of users wanting it.

Other suggestions are oceantrader (1995) colonization for windows (1995 i think ?)
and perhaps some stable open source or freesource stuff like simutrans (similar to Transport tycoon but still being upgraded on a regular basis and its free

Great site looking forward to seeing you expand and seeing some more games in the 1995-1997 realise date range.
goblins is offline                         Send a private message to goblins
Old 27-12-2004, 04:46 AM   #2
edlglide
Abandonia nerd

I would think an Alpha Centauri expansion would still be sold, because the game isn't very old. I know that you can easily find the original game itself for sale.
edlglide is offline                         Send a private message to edlglide
Old 27-12-2004, 04:51 AM   #3
goblins
Game Wizzard

EDLglide - well dunno if you look at the underdogs.org you will find in their latest update a download link to alpha C alien crossfire - i just downloaded the thing myself in the last few days (doesnt have the movies) but it is fully functioning regardless but comes in at 135MB

Now for the main thrust of my original post was the request for the trading game 1602 AD ?

Is that still being sold or is it abandonware and able to be put onto abandonia for us to download ?

Still a great site this is and keep up the good work.
Old 27-12-2004, 05:14 AM   #4
goblins
Game Wizzard

1602 AD is a trading game mostly i think or a strategy trading game.
Old 27-12-2004, 09:05 AM   #5
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Quote:
Originally posted by goblins@Dec 27 2004, 04:51 AM
EDLglide - well dunno if you look at the underdogs.org you will find in their latest update a download link to alpha C alien crossfire - i just downloaded the thing myself in the last few days (doesnt have the movies) but it is fully functioning regardless but comes in at 135MB

Now for the main thrust of my original post was the request for the trading game 1602 AD ?

Is that still being sold or is it abandonware and able to be put onto abandonia for us to download ?

Still a great site this is and keep up the good work.
This is a touch off topic but how did you get it to work?

I have the original Alpha Centauri yet it doesn't want to work when I extract it!

Anyways, 1602AD is a trading/strategy game. It has 2 types of gameplay if I remember correctly from the demo.

You could play a trading part of the game or a conquest part of the game. I think there may also have been like a mélange of the two at some point.

It's a good game, though.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 27-12-2004, 10:36 AM   #6
goblins
Game Wizzard

i had to download WINRAR (trial version) to get it to work properly - if you are on a 4 hour dial up connection its a big 135MB - just click on the download link (you will need getright download manager but youll have to turn off the segmented and accelerated download feature and just go for the basic 1 download at a tiem feature and also at 56k it takes about 12 hours.

Back to 1602 AD i havent been able to find anywhere to buy it seeing as though it was 1998 realise im expecting it has been abandoned by its creators and should be able to be supplied as abandonware if abandonia can offer it as a download it would be a ace game.

Can u provide a link to the demo anywhere on th net until abandonia consider it for download here ?
Old 27-12-2004, 10:56 AM   #7
Yamcha
Home Sweet Abandonia

What is the game? Alpha Centauri - great civ game with good graphics
1604-wasnt this an ANNO part. its still sold
Old 27-12-2004, 11:07 AM   #8
Gormash
Abandonia nerd

About ANNO 1602 AD...
Don't know about elsewhere, but it's still being sold in Norway. Bought myself a copy 5 months ago.
Gormash is offline                         Send a private message to Gormash
Old 27-12-2004, 11:15 AM   #9
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

ANNO 1602 is a good game, a very good game. As such it is still being sold so we will not be putting it online. If you have some money you should all considder buying its sequel ANNO 1501.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 27-12-2004, 02:55 PM   #10
Yamcha
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by The Picard@Dec 27 2004, 01:15 PM
ANNO 1501.
1503 :angel: