Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-02-2005, 10:08 PM   #101
Malolor

Hi everybody. Im trying to run the game Xwing in DOSBox, but when i run the file bwing.exe (the main file to play) a message comes up saying that the Xwing CD wasnt found... I wonder if i must mount something or whatever... It took me a lot of time to make it appear in DOSBox and i dont want to loose any more time in this. :angry:
Malolor is offline                         Send a private message to Malolor
Old 17-02-2005, 10:37 PM   #102
JJXB
Pi-voh

use vdmsound, it runs better.
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB
Old 18-02-2005, 10:58 AM   #103
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by >sKy<@Feb 15 2005, 10:21 PM
I love this game. The X-Wing Collector's Series was the first game (pack) that I received when we first got our old PII 350 about six or seven years ago, and I still have all three CDs. I like TIE Fighter better, but X-Wing still holds a special place in my heart. The main reason (for me, at least) that TIE Fighter is better is that the HUD is way more detailed, making fighting enemies with shields a lot easier.

I have a question, though. We got our computer and this game on a Christmas day. I loaded up the game (that day) and in the hangar (the screen from which you can choose which scenario to play), there was Santa Clause looking at me and waving. Since that day, I have never, ever seen him again, and yes, I have tried on other Christmas days.

Has anyone ever seen that before, or am I just crazy?
Can't say I have ever seen this happening.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 18-02-2005, 03:35 PM   #104
Malolor

Hello again, i made x-wing work! well actually i didnt... i downloaded the game from other source www.cuevadeclasicos.com.ar but its in spanish (not the game, the web) so if anybody has the cd problem, you can download x-wing from here. Just search Xwing (starwars) in the right column. Well hope you can play! :angel:
Malolor is offline                         Send a private message to Malolor
Old 22-02-2005, 03:13 AM   #105
bruce

ok, so with this xwing -CD mounting thing, i actually got all the way to the install program on dosbox, but it said i needed more ems. how do i solve that problem, or can i?

Old 24-02-2005, 06:20 AM   #106
ImpNemo

DL d-fend , its a gui app. thatll help you solve the ems situation, could fix it yourself but if your asking it might be better to let the proggy work for you. Ive never got vdms to run, but if they say it works better try it.

Besides my box not being able to run the game at full speed :blink: the only problem Ive got with this, and TIE Fighter for that matter, is my old Microsoft sidewinder pro is a 4 axis js which causes the game to go crazy trying to think on all that input. Id set it to a 2 axis js in game controllers if it went through there anymore, but nooo MS put it through device manager in XP instead. I cant force windows to emulate it as something else. Is there a way dosbox or d-fend can be made to boot the sidewinder as a simple 2 axis four button js of yesteryear? Right now im trying to fly on a gamepad... its only slightly suicidal

Old 24-02-2005, 08:06 PM   #107
Spokes_RS

Quote:
Originally posted by >sKy<@Feb 15 2005, 10:21 PM
I have a question, though. We got our computer and this game on a Christmas day. I loaded up the game (that day) and in the hangar (the screen from which you can choose which scenario to play), there was Santa Clause looking at me and waving. Since that day, I have never, ever seen him again, and yes, I have tried on other Christmas days.

Has anyone ever seen that before, or am I just crazy?
The Santa Claus easter egg only works in the XW95 version of the game, and, yes, I have seen it many times.
Spokes_RS is offline                         Send a private message to Spokes_RS
Old 25-02-2005, 02:44 AM   #108
Stormtrooper9

I dont know if this had been asked before sorry if it has but instaed of using Dos Box could you just change to campiblity to WIndows 95/98 for an XP?
Stormtrooper9 is offline                         Send a private message to Stormtrooper9
Old 26-02-2005, 02:32 AM   #109
Godfather50

hi, I downloaded Virtual DAEMon Manager, but I dont know what file to mount. can you tell me what file to mount, and after that, what I do with dos box?
thanks!

Old 26-02-2005, 02:34 AM   #110
Ajax
Forum hobbit

OOOOOOO.....I just bought this on E-bay....I can't wait to give it a whirl. I've heard so many good things (like from all of you).
Ajax is offline                         Send a private message to Ajax