Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Cold Cases
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-08-2006, 06:29 AM   #1
keenius74

Trying to find this game online do have the 5.25 disk for it (any one know good site to get 5.25 external please let me know also)

This game consists of going to woods fighting monsters, it like a choose your own adventure but do something interactive. Also includes going to dungeon to collecting coin without getting guard attention by pushing this combination something like this \=/ and trying to find staff/wand to defeat this wizard and getting some people to help you.
keenius74 is offline                         Send a private message to keenius74
Old 19-08-2006, 12:38 PM   #2
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Hi there ! Welcome to the site...
It sounds a bit like "Veil of Darkness". But I' not sure what you mean with \=/. And because I don't think this combination has anything to do with VoD I might be totally wrong there.

When was the game released?
What kind of Graphics did the game have?
What is the view like? (top down, third person, side scroller etc.)

From the facts you were giving I conclude that the game must be a role-playing game. But am I right at this point?
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 20-08-2006, 06:33 PM   #3
keenius74

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DonCorleone @ Aug 19 2006, 12:38 PM) [snapback]249608[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hi there ! Welcome to the site...
It sounds a bit like "Veil of Darkness". But I' not sure what you mean with \=/. And because I don't think this combination has anything to do with VoD I might be totally wrong there.

When was the game released?
What kind of Graphics did the game have?
What is the view like? (top down, third person, side scroller etc.)

From the facts you were giving I conclude that the game must be a role-playing game. But am I right at this point?
[/b]

it was like role playing ; text game no graphics is played on Dos does remember the combination to get gold something with \=/maybe with + this was the only weird part ; it like random game almost picking action Multiple-choice hard to describe can barely remember it a blur wish i have 5.25 want to convert some old game on zip
keenius74 is offline                         Send a private message to keenius74
Old 21-08-2006, 05:40 AM   #4
JimmyJ
Game Wizzard

i too have some 5.25's but no drive to get them into zips.
JimmyJ is offline                         Send a private message to JimmyJ
Old 25-08-2006, 11:59 AM   #5
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Sorry for the late answer. But to be honest: I don't have the slightest clue about text-based rggs. Never played them in my childhood. And even today I don't play them much. Near to not at all...

Maybe you should build up an old system, extract the data from the disks and put them on your newer system. That would have the advantage that you could play all the dos-based games as they were conceived...
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 25-08-2006, 01:35 PM   #6
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Zork II? It is onlytext and you kill a wizard with a wand, but I can't remember fighting monsters.
Old 25-08-2006, 10:43 PM   #7
keenius74

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Luchsen @ Aug 25 2006, 01:35 PM) [snapback]250939[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Zork II? It is onlytext and you kill a wizard with a wand, but I can't remember fighting monsters.
[/b]
no not zork; u had to find some money to buy slave and find hiden wand(forgot how game is
Old 26-08-2006, 01:15 AM   #8
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

Text-based RPG? Might be one of those NetHack/Rogue-like/ADOM/Angband variants? I never played a text-based RPG, though, so it's just a guess.
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 11-12-2006, 11:34 AM   #9
keenius74

Unhappy

trying to find 5.25 drive external if possible or someway to connect to laptop please email me back thanks
Old 11-12-2006, 12:12 PM   #10
Japo
Autonomous human

Take into account that it wouldn't be unlikely for your floppies to be damaged.