Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-06-2006, 07:58 AM   #1
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

I don't know if this has been posted or not, I haven't noticed any thread about it, except for this one http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index...howtopic=10905, but anyway, King's Quest III VGA Remake (freeware) has been released on June 19 by Infamous Adventures.

Here is the link:
http://www.infamous-adventures.com/i...hp?page=kq3vga

Since the game is freeware, I guess it'll be appropriate for Abandonia Reloaded. Anyway, I am not in any way affiliated with the group developing the remake, so please don't take this as an advertisement. I just think those King's Quest fans might be delighted to know about it.

EDIT: I see that Abandonia Reloaded has this thread already, and judging by the poster's username I think it is Sinister from Infamous Adventures team himself. The link is here:
http://www.reloaded.org/forum/index.php?sh...ing's+Quest
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 20-06-2006, 12:25 PM   #2
Gelfo
Game freak

Wow, that is good news. I never played #3

Thanks
Old 21-06-2006, 02:58 AM   #3
rabadi

According to the website, patch (for bugs not discovered during the beta testing) and voice pack will be coming soon, so I guess I'll wait for those files first before playing.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:55 PM   #4
Godz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rabadi @ Jun 21 2006, 01:58 AM) [snapback]238331[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
According to the website, patch (for bugs not discovered during the beta testing) and voice pack will be coming soon, so I guess I'll wait for those files first before playing.
[/b]
Me too, since the voice pack for the KQ2 remake done by someone else was pretty well done, hopefully this one will be too. I just hope the "magic"/"cooking"/whatever system is different from the original.......
Godz is offline                         Send a private message to Godz
Old 21-07-2006, 02:22 AM   #5
rabadi

A month has passed since the release of the game. The patch along with the voice pack have not been released yet, so I figured "what the heck, let me just take a look of the game first, and I can always apply the patch and/or the voice pack later on."

So I tried to install the setup_kq3.exe file I already downloaded a month ago (using GetRight). Well, I received an error message, "KQ3.000 contains invalid data (error 21FC)" or something like that. I thought the file got corrupted during the downloading process. So yesterday I spent all day (hey, I am still on dial-up so it does take a long time to download it) re-downloading the setup_kq3.exe file. And guess what? The same old error 21FC appeared. I read from their forum that many people also experienced this problem. They said it is a problem with the mirror, but I am 100% sure the mirror (given through the official website) I used yesterday is different from the mirror I used last month. Besides, a month has passed already, why can't the problem with the mirror fixed already? Downloading that size for a dial-upper is no trivia matter.

Guess I have to download again *sigh* :wallbash:
Old 21-07-2006, 08:27 AM   #6
Braindead
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to Braindead Send a message via MSN to Braindead

looks good, haven't played the king's quest series yet, although I downloaded the 1st 2 remakes, maybe I should start some catching up...
Braindead is offline                         Send a private message to Braindead
Old 23-07-2006, 06:14 AM   #7
JimmyJ
Game Wizzard

Are the download problems still occuring ? I have a 56k and therefore do not want to waste time with messed up downlaods
JimmyJ is offline                         Send a private message to JimmyJ
Old 24-07-2006, 02:06 AM   #8
rabadi

I got very lucky after the 4th time downloading :angry: It certainly made me change my mind about downloading the voice pack. I heard it would be about a few hundred megabytes, so if their voice pack will use the same installer package then forget about it, I'm not doing downloading over and over again. I think I will just wait for the patch and that's it. No voice pack is better than wasting money on redownloading again and again.
Old 17-08-2006, 09:54 PM   #9
CataBina

I played the KQIII remake recently (being lucky that I could install the game after the second download) and found it quite neat. The story is the same as the original version, but the point&click feature makes it a lot easier to play. It ran really smooth on my computer (no shut-downs, black screens or whatsoever), and I can recommend it to every KQ-fan.

Now I guess we are all waiting for a new version of KQ IV? That would be fun!
Reserved for Free Adventure Games only
CataBina is offline                         Send a private message to CataBina
Old 18-08-2006, 02:21 AM   #10
rabadi

Still waiting for the patch now, before I play that game. In the meantime, there is this unofficial King's Quest IX, "The Silver Lining", Part 1: Shadows demo to play ( http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index...howtopic=11681 )