Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-06-2006, 06:42 AM   #11
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I work at the IT-department of our uni doing user support and some server managment for 2 days a week. They pay is pretty decent, I get somehting like €750 for that. Since my gf works fulltime as an architect, this is enough for us to get around.

The other 3 days I'm desperately trying to earn my masters degree in Design Decision Support System... My report is due next wednesday After that I'm hoping to start as a PhD, but I might start looking for other jobs as well...

And as for previous jobs:
paperboy (pro: you get ouside a lot, con: it's cold and wet outside most of the time),
supermarket clerk (pro: err... the girls at the registers were cute, con: customers are generally stupid and annoying),
assistent-cook (pro: foooooood, con: long hours, and you smell awfully greasy when you get home)
pianist @ restaurant (pro: very good money, con: err.. .none, I guess, other then that you have to play evil muzak all the time)
self-employed web-designer (pro: good money in that, con: long, long hours and lots of administrative mumbo-jumbo)
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 08-06-2006, 08:11 AM   #12
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

good luck with masters degree. i still have a year left in that...

btw speaking of jobs (playbanosh this might be interesting for you as well). i just received a screenshot of a job add. they are doing an experiment on how space effects humans and they need a test subject. the test subject will be required to lay (lay and not get up!) in bed for 35 days. he needs to be phisically well as well as emotionally very stable. they will perform various measurements on beginning during and at the end of experiment. you also need to find something to do during the 35 days of laying in bed. the provide the accomodation as well as transport. the test will be made in Ankaran (Slovenian holiday & health resort). the payment for 35 days is about 1460 EUR. but they didnt' write if it is gross or nett (taxes excluded). coll isn't it? i ownder if they allow computers...
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 08-06-2006, 08:26 AM   #13
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

Quote:
paperboy (pro: you get ouside a lot, con: it's cold and wet outside most of the time),
supermarket clerk (pro: err... the girls at the registers were cute, con: customers are generally stupid and annoying),
assistent-cook (pro: foooooood, con: long hours, and you smell awfully greasy when you get home)
pianist @ restaurant (pro: very good money, con: err.. .none, I guess, other then that you have to play evil muzak all the time)
self-employed web-designer (pro: good money in that, con: long, long hours and lots of administrative mumbo-jumbo)[/b]
I was hoping for a list like this. Like with pros and cons to see waht is what. k:

Quote:
he needs to be phisically well as well as emotionally very stable. [/b]
Well I'm a bit overweight and emotionally... well you saw it But I guess its better than nothing, and that 1500 EUR is quite the cash, so... any details? :P

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 08-06-2006, 10:05 AM   #14
U-Boat Commander David
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Playbahnosh @ Jun 7 2006, 08:00 PM) [snapback]235062[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Now I was wondering, as I need work, and fast, I interview you ppl on what did/do/will you work?
I mean the work you got income from.
[/b]
Well, i HOPE to get Galactic Dictator, but i guess that won't work so...i will go Mc Donalds too. To work there i mean... k:

U-Boat Commander David is offline                         Send a private message to U-Boat Commander David
Old 08-06-2006, 10:22 AM   #15
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

I´m a cars salesman, it is a pretty good job, but you have to spent many hours working, but if you like a job, everthing will go well.
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 08-06-2006, 11:25 AM   #16
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
he needs to be phisically well as well as emotionally very stable. [/b]
Quote:
Well I'm a bit overweight and emotionally... well you saw it But I guess its better than nothing, and that 1500 EUR is quite the cash, so... any details? :P
[/b]

there is a part of screenshot in attachment, text is in slovenian... there is also a phone number there. the company searhing for "workers" is located in Ptuj.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 08-06-2006, 03:37 PM   #17
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

I started four days ago to work as electrical engineer for the hydroelectric power plants designer

I haven't still started working on something interesting, but I like the atmosphere of the office and the pay is quite well :brain:

The downside is that now I've less time to spend here...
Old 09-06-2006, 05:20 AM   #18
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

I sing, and make pretty good money at it too!
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 09-06-2006, 05:48 AM   #19
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ReamusLQ @ Jun 9 2006, 03:20 PM) [snapback]235395[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I sing, and make pretty good money at it too!
[/b]
Really? Im kinda thinking a career in music. (thats if my voice picks up a bit more) What kind of singing do you do, like jazz or rock band? I was thinking starting off small, like perhaps a small debut in the Sydney Opera house, followed by a few smaller gigs in nearby pubs and community centres, and finishing the year with a quick world tour. Do you have any tips?
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 09-06-2006, 06:13 AM   #20
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Opera and solo competitions my man. For the times I do work, I get paid very nicely for the small amounts I have to do. Last show I did, I was paid 200 a performance, and I was only on stage for about 19 minutes and then I would go home. We had twelve shows.
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ