Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-08-2011, 07:21 AM   #121
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

We have lots of tips. But we need details to be able to help you run the game. First and most important question are you using Dosbox, if not download it and use that to run the game. If you need help running Dosbox there are threads in the forums that will help you and videos on our Youtube page.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 28-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #122
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

The question is: Did he mean running the game or did he mean extracting the archive?
Old 05-09-2011, 01:34 PM   #123
jamotide
Forum hobbit

I have recently tried the Amiga version and it is just the same as the stable PC version with weak AI.
This is too bad, we have a version with competitive AI which always crashes (the one with tons of files) and a version with weak AI that is stable but pointless for more than a few hours (amiga and the pc one with SOURCE1.RSC).
Somewhere else I read that the only reason the AI is more competitive in the buggy one is that films recharge actuality faster there, so the AI does not get low image when they always resend the same crap, as they usually do.
This sounds like a small mod for the stable version, but I have no clue about modding or programming,so maybe it is not.
jamotide is offline                         Send a private message to jamotide
Old 26-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #124
BBEros
Lurker

This is a GREAT Game, Ive played it for years... And well, apparently some get into a lot of trouble to make it.

IF YOU WANT TO LEARN BY YOURSELF DONT READ THIS :

1 BUY extra broadcasting whatevers ( In your office to the right ) , buy at leas 1 in the begining of the game. You should pay 100 K for a 3.9 millon station. Buy more as soon as you can.
2 I play dificult , I get 200 K at the begining and the FIRST day I buy a couple of comedy or action movie for 40 to 55 K and get a broadcasting extra 100K thing. That doubles my rating and I make some money with the " La Baguette " 1 spot thing and some other on that value. The second day I ask for a loan from the Boss for another 100 ( He does not give you another 200 .

3 Sell the movies at the begining but further along DONT. They regenerate novelty lets call it after 3 days approx .

4 Movies dont do the same rating on every hour. Commedies get better ratings in the afternoon. Series in the first 2 slots. Action in the 3rd slot . If I remember correctly Whodonit its for the early afternoon also. Experiment with this but the multiplier of rating has to do a lot with the kind of movie you play and the Time of the day.

5 Keep buying coverage all the Time. Dont return the money way after you got your first millon in your bank.

7 There is actually a spot called BP, slogan " WE GET YOU THERE " there its to me, to the wealthy people. This guys ask for 2 ad, in a LOVE and only LOVE movie. The thing is that the rating they ask is not so much if you have like 3 Broadcasting extra things. When the rating they ask is under 23 % of your audience , FIRST look for a good Love movie and get the 700 K in 2 spots. Actually I got it with Rebel without a Cause, in the 3rd and 4th slot ( Movie is 3 blocks if I remember correctly. )But for that you need to need less that 20 % to be sure.

8 Remember , image has to do with rating. The one with more rating in percentage gets an extra 1 % in image, the one with less image in an hour. Gets 1 % minus, and the one in the middle gets no change. The acumulation of this gets you to 70 % of image and gets into bankrupcy the other guys. In the long run , but watch it in the begining. If you buy enough broadcasting things you can play 70 K movies but, will get you in your botticks with the Image thing, so balance yourself with the getting movies over 100 K and buying broadcasting things. Thats the big TIP . Try to play comedies over a 100 K quick but try to buy a broadcasting thing of 100K every 2 days.

DONT produce own shows, care about sammy, buy things for the girl, or buy news for the first 5 days AT LEAST. Its not worth it.

If you need more tips, Ill be happy to help. my mail is BBBEros@Gmail.com
BBEros is offline                         Send a private message to BBEros
Old 14-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #125
jamotide
Forum hobbit

With BP, buying coverage and aggressively reselling movies you just broadcasted it is possible to buy the satellites on day 3 and 4. To start, you need the Whodunit movie "Rear Window" and fill its 3 spots with Nipponix, which pays 185000, then send 2 good 100-120k movies afterwards ideally for some 5m spots. On day 2 BP and Camel spots. Day 3 satellite. Without Rear Window it can take a bit longer, day 5 or 6 maybe.

Here are the guys who figured it out with a bit more detail, but in german:

http://www.madtv-online.com/forum/topic.php?tid=441

Here is the list for the ratings each movie brings at each hour (german,too,sorry):

http://dlh.net/cheats/pc/deutsch/mad+tv/hinweise2.html

Rear Window is "Das Fenster zum Hof".

Edit: And yes thats right, Pretty Woman and Batman are the best movies in the MadTV world.

Last edited by jamotide; 14-05-2013 at 11:53 PM. Reason: added stuff
Old 02-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #126
angelofguitar@yahoo.com
Default fix madtv link

This is link of mad-tv with minimum bug,, u can try at

http://www.ziddu.com/download/228620...ad-tv.zip.html

safety link,

Old 22-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #127
jamotide
Forum hobbit

seems to be malware
Old 23-09-2013, 07:22 AM   #128
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Can you elaborate, please? Neither Jotti nor Virustotal find any malware in the archive.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards

Last edited by The Fifth Horseman; 23-09-2013 at 07:27 AM.
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 23-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #129
jamotide
Forum hobbit

Hmm, comodo immediatly blocked the download. But now I opened it with a 7zip since it seems to be a zip archive and there is not even an exe inside.
But I did upload it to virustotal and it shows 13/48 reports.

https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/8...is/1379935149/

And I am not sure what is inside. Did I even get the right file? The download site says File Size : 801.43 KB , but the file is only 301kb.

Inside are many files that have nothing to do with the old madtv files. No idea what this is,I am not brave enough to just execute it.

Edit: Tried with a download manager now and it loads the correct file. Apparently ziddu gave me this malware file instead when I clocked on download there. The wrong file is fixmad-tv.zip.exe 301kb, the correct file is : fixmad-tv.zip 802kb. Still not sure what I did wrong at ziddu. Entered the captcha and clicked download...gives me the exe all the time.

Didnt try the game, but by comparing the files it seems to be just the normal version with the .rsc files, nothing new or fixed...

Last edited by jamotide; 23-09-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 23-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #130
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I think what you got the first time was some sort of downloader Ziddu is trying to push. This has been a distressingly common practice among cyberlockers lately.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman