Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-06-2006, 03:21 AM   #2491
Ahnassi
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(me @ Jun 19 2006, 05:56 PM) [snapback]237714[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
wtf i cant downlaod help i dont wanna buy it i wanna donload it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:
[/b]
Why can't we buy a download?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xeno @ Jun 20 2006, 12:16 PM) [snapback]237988[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
From ufopedia.org

"In the Workshop screen, choose an item to be manufactored, but assign no engineers to it. Also, make sure it's set to produce 0 of the item. Click OK, then go back and assign as many engineers as you want (preferably as many as possible). This time, change the quantity to 1. When the production is finished, you will have gotten one of the selected items--for free! "
[/b]
Laser Cannons produced in almost no time. Can you imagine how many actions you should do and how many your time you should spend doing this each time for only 1 unit?
I'd better use hex editor.

to ALL:
What is the month of the game date when you first meet etherials?
Ahnassi is offline                         Send a private message to Ahnassi
Old 20-06-2006, 03:55 AM   #2492
Leerok

Hello.

I'm just wondering how alien infiltrations work.

Do they accomplish their mission just by landing? For some reason, although I storm their UFOs right after they land, they still succeed in infiltrating the countries I'm trying to protect. Must I shoot them out of the skies in order to prevent infiltration?
Leerok is offline                         Send a private message to Leerok
Old 20-06-2006, 04:04 AM   #2493
Xeno

Whoa I really can't go far without everyone posting!

Ahnassi, I hope you're not talking to me. I just explained what the bug/exploit is. I'm not doing this. Indeed it must be incredibly time consuming and with a good production line of laser cannons, there should be no need to cheat to get money.

I believe Ethereals become really active around september. Though I don't know if it's different for different difficulties. I'm in august at superhuman and had already 3-5 small ethereal ufo with retaliation missions but that's it.

Leerok, yes don't let them land! Killing them on the ground will change nothing. Though I don't think the small infiltration ufo can infiltrate...just the big ones but don't take any chances, make destroying them your first priority when you see one.

Xeno is offline                         Send a private message to Xeno
Old 20-06-2006, 05:23 AM   #2494
Xeno

This is an old message on page 149
Quote:
On an unrelated note, there are editors that allow you to change the weapon stats. While I have never cared enough to bother, I would replace the pistol with a submachine gun by increasing the pistols' shots per clip and giving it an autofire option. Submachineguns are more suited to the typical kind of fighting X-com troopers do. The rifle is supposed to adapted from a snipers' weapon, so I would delete the autofire option and boost the aimed fire accuracy. The autocannon that you use in the game and the one in the intro are two very different pieces of kit. I would rather have the weapon fron the intro, so I would delete the aimed fire and snap fire options, reduce the accuracy of the autofire option a bit, reduce the TU cost of autofire by a lot, and increase the number of shots per clip (and change the size of the clip, depending on whether it was a thirty round box[1x2], 100 round belt[1x3], or a 255 round cassette [2x3]). The heavy cannon would just be renamed as a grenade launcher. The rocket launcher would be modelled after the M202A1 (seen in Arnold Schwarzennegger's first foray into comedy-- Commando). The real weapon is a shoulder-fired rocket launcher with four tubes that can be individually fired, or ripple-fired in rapid succession. The game version would have three tubes, and there would be an autofire option.

What would the rest of you do?

I heard of one fellow who made the TU cost for hvy plasmas only one, but forgot that they aliens were using the same weapon file-- things got rather desperate. [/b]
Well I don't know if you guys knew but someone did most of that. He replaced most human guns (stats, name, even pics (from doom I think). Here's the stats:

rifle became PSG-1 (german sniper rifle)
snap: acc 30%, TU 50%
aimed: acc 155%, tu 90%
ammo: AP 65, clips of 20

heavy cannon became shotgun
snap: acc 50%, TU 50%
aimed: acc 65%, TU 70%
ammo: AP 52, clips of 6

auto-cannon became chaingun (you know that big thing in doom, wolfenstein 3d and Predator)
auto: acc 15%, TU 20%
snap: acc 20%, TU 15%
aimed: acc 40%, TU 60%
ammo: AP 20, clips of 50 / HE 25, clips of 45

Rocket Launcher (same stats, new image, different ammo)
HE 71
Incendiary 98, pack of 3

Laser Rifle is an MP-5 (with a special laser storage system... )
auto: acc 46, TU 34
snap: acc 65, TU 25
aimed: acc 100%, TU 50%
ammo: AP 43, clips of 14

Heavy Laser is DB Shotgun
auto: acc 29%, TU 32% (fires only two shot since the ammo comes in clip of two)
snap: acc 34%, TU 32%
aimed: acc 54%, TU 64%
ammo: AP 62 / HE 67

Changed High Explosive
Now does 190 HE damage. But takes 4 spaces (I don't know if the weight is changed, is so it can be thrown for (technically) half the distance.

stunning rod is now stunning chainsaw
didn't try this one but it's probably just a different animation...or maybe a chainsaw noise? :w00t:

blaster launcher is now PFG (plasma fierce gun)
Lost the remote control ability but does 220 HE damage instead of 200 (so it's now an uber rocket launcher). Oh and the ammo takes two spaces (don't know about the weight).

The plasma weapons damage have been downgraded (heavy 115-95, rifle 80-75, pistol 52-47).

Now...what I see is a nice attempt but flawed...

First of all, I'm all for giving the humans stronger weapons than they have because 1- Half of their weapons becomes obsolete when the laser pistol arrives, followed shortly by the laser rifle...that's what, less than a month into the game? 2- Aren't those weapons supposed to be "what earth has best to offer"....right. I'm sure we can do better than that, we do have great weapons so the potential is there. 3- Also, I don't like that it doesn't take long before I give heavy plasma to all my squad...I'd really like more good options..diversity.

Now, the new weapons. I haven't playtested any of those yet so I don't know anything about balance. I LOVE the idea of the sniper rifle. It was a big miss really to not have one. So highly accurate in aimed, one shot per turn, awfully bad in snap, big damage, the way it should be. The shotgun I don't get...same damage as heavy cannon but less shots and less accuracy...was it too good? . The chaingun is a gun we want (it's in the intro after all) but it's damage is just terrible (shouldn't bullets of this caliber deal at least more damage than a handgun?...it can't even destroy trees! While we all well know how good at it it was in Predator :P) so it's on the right track but need some modification. For the rocket launcher I don't see the point of having the rocket deal less damage than the small rocket...and the 3-pack of stronger incendiary..was it just to fit the image? ).

I think I like the change for the blaster launcher...better balance. No more cheese of shooting for your transport. Same for the aliens but also...no more alien who explode themselves 50% of the time because they can't deal with the change of elevation (or just can't aim haha). The lowering of the plasma weapons is just wrong. I'm all for stronger human weapons but don't change the alien ones!

Wow I really talk too much....unfortunately I'm not finished hehe. Thanks to xc1weap, I can easily edit the accuracy, TU cost, damage and clip size of weapons so most (if not all) of the things I complained about can be fixed. If I was better at editing, I'd love to have an incendiary grenade! Bye the way, the prices of the new weapons haven't changed...it's the same as the old ones...it's a shame really, if the power is increased, so should be the price. But I don't know how to change it. (a real life PSG-1 is worth around 10 800$)

Ok I'll shut up for now.
Old 20-06-2006, 12:02 PM   #2495
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Interesting stuff. You don't happen to have a copy of the modded files somwhere?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 20-06-2006, 07:53 PM   #2496
Xeno

You can download it there http://xcomutil.scotttjones.com/

Just ctrl-f for xc1addon
Old 20-06-2006, 09:01 PM   #2497
laiocfar
NOD Commander

manofacturing bug is to cheat. over
Old 21-06-2006, 04:25 AM   #2498
Ahnassi
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Leerok the Lacerta @ Jun 20 2006, 02:55 PM) [snapback]238004[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hello.

I'm just wondering how alien infiltrations work.

Do they accomplish their mission just by landing? For some reason, although I storm their UFOs right after they land, they still succeed in infiltrating the countries I'm trying to protect. Must I shoot them out of the skies in order to prevent infiltration?
[/b]
yep ! landing means alien success. So shoot them before.
Ahnassi is offline                         Send a private message to Ahnassi
Old 21-06-2006, 07:10 PM   #2499
laiocfar
NOD Commander

bases means that they can carry on mission without flying ufos....
Old 21-06-2006, 08:33 PM   #2500
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xeno @ Jun 20 2006, 12:50 AM) [snapback]237978[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
So it's not abandonware anymore? ....so we're all pirates?
[/b]
Arrr!

That we be!
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks