Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-12-2008, 09:18 AM   #111
Data
retired

Talking

Being called stupid and scary at the same time. Interesting....
That might be a very stupid move on your part as that might turn me scary
Old 22-12-2008, 10:43 AM   #112
Freyja
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawfulhasfury View Post
Did Abandonias balls drop off? It's....so quiet and saddening compared to what it once was
Yes.

Quote:
Anyone remember what I was like. Little monster, lol. I'd probably have a heart attack and URINATE my pants if I read any of my old posts here.
That's how we reacted when reading your posts back then!

Quote:
I remember when everyone said Danny252 and I were two kids not old enough for the responsibility, and they were right. I never did any work.
That's right!

Quote:
I remember Titan's nude avatar that I had to surf past really fast in case my mother saw it. Thanks Titan for creating a lot of harrowing situations in my house.
Yeah, then I once had an avatar that wasn't nearly as nude-y, and I got a warn =(

Quote:
I remember Data as the one who was stupid enough to give me any position of power. Thanks for giving me a chance though, but you frighten me dude.
Data... Stupid and frightening? Lol he's like the total opposite of that in my books!

Quote:
I remember the arts board, and how jealous of Void I used to be. I remember Tom and him tied in artistic ability. I remember Seb as being one of the people I had the greatest chemistry with on here. Man, what a sick sense of humor. You're sick, man! lol
Agreed

Freyja is NOT a terrorist
Freyja is offline                         Send a private message to Freyja
Old 22-12-2008, 03:09 PM   #113
punch999
The true Shadow President

It's almost sad that we can't somehow just restart abandonia the way it used to be. Now that there is the Studentis problem and the whole ugly ass forum.

Pity as I am sure if this forum improved a lot of people would come back. I know I would.
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 22-12-2008, 03:14 PM   #114
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

As for the design, nothing is static AB's design has changed before and will again, one day. As for Studentis, my guess is that too can and will be sorted out one day. In the mean time, I'll rather go about no business thinking it'll get better.
Old 22-12-2008, 05:38 PM   #115
Dino
Call me Edmund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Midget View Post
As for the design, nothing is static AB's design has changed before and will again, one day. As for Studentis, my guess is that too can and will be sorted out one day. In the mean time, I'll rather go about no business thinking it'll get better.
I agree, MM. It will change again, someday... We can just hope it will be a change for the better.
Dino is offline                         Send a private message to Dino
Old 22-12-2008, 06:20 PM   #116
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Wow, awesome thread here. It's a shame I didn't see it earlier due to my pre-Crimbo activities.

My very early times were dominated by the Riddles and Brain Teasers thread and my Jokes one (which last time I checked was still the biggest in x3 Blah). I remember my Grim Fandango avatar that loads of new members started using as it popped up in the list of stock avatars you could pick from in the old layout. I also remember us spending yonks on a terrible riddle Titan posted about a guy getting poked in the neck by his wife while asleep in church and his head falling off...

As for the drama, it's always been there. Tom v. Titan doesn't count as it was just a bit of fun, and fun it was. FreeFreddy was the biggie and I remember how angry I got with the admins about how it was handled but there were smaller events, the founding of the dissidents forum, Tom v. Tiki, etc. Ironically, the drama is pretty much the only thing that hasn't changed.

Great to see punch and Fawful in this thread, they're two of the people I know best from this forum and I still talk to them both occasionally. I can't thank the old school admins, Titan and Data enough for all the work they've done over the years either. Good to see you too Freyja, you're a genuine oldfag, remember when we all thought you were male since you had an AC/DC avatar and we all assumed that Kiddi didn't know any girls?
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 22-12-2008, 06:45 PM   #117
Dino
Call me Edmund

Anybody remembers a guy named "PrejudiceSucks". I remember him from the old times, don't know why though.
Dino is offline                         Send a private message to Dino
Old 22-12-2008, 07:50 PM   #118
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Yeah, I remember Prej. He moved to Reloaded after a while, along with a fair few of my very favourite members ever (like BeefontheBone, A.J. Raffles and FruitPieJones, ie, the old Grammar Squad). I think he still posts on there occasionally and I've talked to him on MSN a couple of times (though not for a few months now, I must admit).

I really hope that the AR forum can be saved from the ravages of spambots, it's a hell of a lot of fairly unpleasant work for the AR mods to clean them out all the time and there are some truely awesome people there and a great vibe.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 22-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #119
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
Being called stupid and scary at the same time. Interesting....
That might be a very stupid move on your part as that might turn me scary I've never had a Red Bull before, but I really like Red Bull! Ableedeedeeah Deyboo!
lol You misunderstood me. I didn't mean stupid in general, but mainly just when you made me a mod. (I stand by scary.) But why should I be reverent? All you ever did was try to keep me from doing wrong. And who wants that? Is Titan still around here at all or has he left too?

Its funny that all we have to talk about that seems really interesting is drama. Believe me, drama is not interesting. Well, anyway this topic holds my attention. After all, I'm one of AB's memories. :amused: I'll stick around long enough for this gooey sh...ow of emotion to hold my interest then I'll split.
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 22-12-2008, 08:30 PM   #120
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havell View Post
I really hope that the AR forum can be saved from the ravages of spambots, it's a hell of a lot of fairly unpleasant work for the AR mods to clean them out all the time and there are some truely awesome people there and a great vibe.
The bot onslaught at AR seems to be over. Studentis bothered to do something to the forum software, probably update it I'd guess.