Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-03-2005, 08:40 PM   #581
Sharp
Game freak

Send a message via ICQ to Sharp

Whoops, yeh sorry bout that, noticed that I am wrong. In the original version of UFO the laser is far crapper then the heavy plasma. So er sorry.

However still keep the lasers when you know theres an etherial terror happening, the lasers own sectapods.

Also ImpNemo, i went to www.xcomufo.com and noticed that they have a UFOpedia which actually shows that the heavy laser stats that I orignallly stated were true :bleh: .

However that wont be good here as this is for the Abandonia XCOM:UFO in which the lasers sucks. So in my advice, still keep designated Snipers but instead of being tempted to fire the full-auto try using snaps or aimed shots instead. This will increase accuracy of your troops and when you do fire auto you might even be able to kill those nasty sectapods by hitting it 3 times.

« † DxRxIx † »
Sharp is offline                         Send a private message to Sharp
Old 29-03-2005, 08:43 PM   #582
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

I use grenades, alot.
Dreadlord is offline                         Send a private message to Dreadlord
Old 29-03-2005, 08:45 PM   #583
Sharp
Game freak

Send a message via ICQ to Sharp

Hah grenades, n00b. Get Demo Packs......

« † DxRxIx † »
Sharp is offline                         Send a private message to Sharp
Old 29-03-2005, 09:31 PM   #584
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

I use grenades more often than demolition packs. Grenades fly further and are more precise (especially handy on terror sites, or when things are getting crowded). They do lack some punch though, so it depends on the type of alien I'm facing.
Old 29-03-2005, 09:32 PM   #585
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

No, no, you see I use grenades because I LIKE grenades, I don't care how good they are, just give me GRENADES.

P.S. When you called me a n00b I rolled my eyes.
Dreadlord is offline                         Send a private message to Dreadlord
Old 29-03-2005, 11:05 PM   #586
Spookyfish
Game freak

Grenades are awesome. I tried sending a bunch of rookies armed only with alien grenades to a terror site featuring etherals. It was fun. They all primed their grenades, and as soon as one dropped dead, he blew up, the others blew up, then someone got mind-controlled, and everyone blew up. I think one lone guy survived. I sent him back to the ship with a lot of fatal wounds and giggled myself half-dead .

I recommend that you try it sometime k:.
Spookyfish is offline                         Send a private message to Spookyfish
Old 29-03-2005, 11:07 PM   #587
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

Grenades are useful, I do what I call a "trip mine" and wait for aliens to appear, then the corpse I place the grenade on is shot by my troops killing nearby aliens.
Old 29-03-2005, 11:11 PM   #588
Spookyfish
Game freak

Tricksy . But shouldn't that work with demolition packs as well?
Spookyfish is offline                         Send a private message to Spookyfish
Old 29-03-2005, 11:12 PM   #589
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

Bah, demopacks are for the boring.
Old 29-03-2005, 11:17 PM   #590
Spookyfish
Game freak

Yeah... Agreements there. I think they're superior; far more accurate. It's a pain in the behind when a demo pack misses that second-story window and falls down on the ground to blast your own people instead of that annoying alien sniper. There went a commander...