Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-03-2006, 11:55 PM   #1
moogle
Abandonia Homie

...I just had an idea, but, some people here seem to play Magic, I have a couple of cards, and I was thinking maybe we could all make a trade center, like send cards through the mail...

Umm, its kinda tricky, cause I wouldn't want anybody getting ripped off so there would have to be limits and rules and all, but I'm curious, if we were to do this, and it worked, would anybody wanna trade anything? o_0
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 10-03-2006, 03:03 AM   #2
laiocfar
NOD Commander

My brother love these cards but some of they got really values and is too risky if someone got doublecrossed maybe we should need an expecial registration system and no trade really hard cards or make big deals.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:49 AM   #3
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I stopped playing Magic: The Gathering at around the 8th edition.

Being someone who started playing just at the same time 3rd edition got out, I must say that Magic: The Gathering is really a boring game now. There is nothing interesting to do anymore but to start over and buy the cards from the beginning.

I was used to play type 1 games, with dark rituals, lightning bolts, counter spells, etc. When I started to play, the emphasis of the game always been on creature, not on spells. Then it began to turn to the other side, meaning that if you didn't have good spells in your deck you were dead to begin with. And then, after a while, they began creating very stupid cards like Akroma (the white angel one).

After yet another while, all the colors lost their appeal and their unique caracteristics. Before Akroma, an exceptionnaly strong white creature was extremely rare. Nowaday, it's comon. Nowaday, a red playing mainly burn would be a stupid player, because most of his burn would have no creatures to be casted upon and/or those creatures who will be casted will either be protected or too strong to make a difference. Black was a very offensive color, very interesting. You had some strong creatures in that color, with strong anti-anything which is not black or artifact spells. Nowaday, most of the new creatures require you to pay life to use them. That's stupid I say. When did the black players lost their mind enough so they actually wanted to help the opponent to kill himself before hand?

The last blow was to reprint most of the interesting cards in 8th, in such a way that rare cards were now common and lost their appeal. It was really a thrill back in the days to see a deck in which you could encounter an Hypnotic Spector at turn one. Now, it's not only common but that card is probably seen as too weak now VS the new cards.

So I threw the gauntlet and I don't play anymore. Wizard of the Coast simply didn't been able to keep the "magic" alive...
Old 10-03-2006, 01:01 PM   #4
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Complete agreement, EoF. Basically, the game had its heyday, but the makers of it didn't want to let the revenues go. So what was once an excellently balanced product with plenty of strategy and a limited run of cards, became a game with a seemingly unlimited expanse of cards that could do anything, and lacked much of the strategy of the earlier releases. Damn shame, but it was bound to happen.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 10-03-2006, 01:35 PM   #5
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Yeah, I know what you mean...
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 10-03-2006, 11:27 PM   #6
moogle
Abandonia Homie

Yay!!! Penny arcade! k:
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 11-03-2006, 12:05 AM   #7
Stebbi
Game Wizzard

Magic..............that's it the world is so screwed.
Stebbi is offline                         Send a private message to Stebbi
Old 11-03-2006, 12:22 AM   #8
Shunk Eat Enemy
Game Wizzard

something my bro made along time ago...

theres alotta of them

Shunk Eat Enemy is offline                         Send a private message to Shunk Eat Enemy
Old 11-03-2006, 02:38 AM   #9
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Ahhh... An old fashioned incinerate image. Those were the days. k: