Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #91
Unregistered1212344545

KPHEROS0.DAT
KPWORLD0.DAT

Those two files contain information about resources and heroes in the game that can be edited in hex-decimal editor.

Old 22-10-2013, 09:01 AM   #92
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixltixl View Post
today i was being clever and tried to fiddle with the sound options in dosbox: you get proper sound effects when you set the sound blaster irq to 5. voilà. finally that yawn again! Go Cuchulainn!
That's it???? That was the solution all the time???

Zillion thx. Finally the yawning
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 22-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #93
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

IRQ 7 is more common, but 5 happens too.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 02-11-2014, 02:21 AM   #94
rwed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosta View Post
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review & Download
loved this game. Ive beaten this game a few times. Its fun as hell. I never really understood importance of building up your 2 structures other than experience. Otherwise its a solid 5 out of 5 for its time. i love rpg in cattle raids and conquests.
rwed is offline                         Send a private message to rwed
Old 02-11-2014, 02:23 AM   #95
rwed

I loved this game. Ive beaten this game a few times. Its fun as hell. I never really understood importance of building up your 2 structures other than experience. Otherwise its a solid 5 out of 5 for its time. i love rpg in cattle raids and conquests. PS: get EVERY stone rune.
rwed is offline                         Send a private message to rwed
Old 02-11-2014, 04:41 PM   #96
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwed View Post
I never really understood importance of building up your 2 structures other than experience.
Well, it should be possible to expand your tribe by peaceful manner, although it is much slower and harder then by war. This way of spreading means using high prestige, glory and respect that your heroes' names command to influence and eventually persuade provinces of other tribes to "come under your protection". On of factors in your tribe's prestige (or something) is level of citadels and villages in your provinces.

I tried few times to play defensive game, but I was impatient after a while. Still had to try it sometimes.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 06-02-2015, 10:12 AM   #97
nekroskop

I'm looking for a full game map for this game with all provinces unlocked and their names. Anyone could help me?

If no-one have something like that - it could be also save editor or save data with all provinces unlocked.

Old 12-04-2015, 12:50 AM   #98
Casteele

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekroskop View Post
I'm looking for a full game map for this game with all provinces unlocked and their names. Anyone could help me?

If no-one have something like that - it could be also save editor or save data with all provinces unlocked.
Provinces are not "unlocked". They're either explored, or not. Since you cannot send your champions to unexplored lands, there's little point in having a full map, other than maybe having some pretty picture to look at while you play the game.

I'll see if I can get a screenshot of the map up, anyhow. I'm also already working on a listing of the province names, hero names (and nicknames where they have them), stats, races (the champions have more than one race, though the game itself does not really make much use of races that I've seen), tribe names, and other miscellaneous information as gathered directly from the gam's EXE and DAT files. It should be up in a few days..

Cheers.

Last edited by Casteele; 12-04-2015 at 12:52 AM. Reason: removed double quoted post (and grammar/spelling--I'm a "grammar nazi" :-P)
Casteele is offline                         Send a private message to Casteele
Old 05-01-2016, 10:07 PM   #99
Chubz
Lurker

Is there any way what-so-ever to improve the color palette? The screenshots on the game's page here at Abandonia look considerably more colorful than what I'm seeing in-game, as well as those posted by another user here.

This has been asked before throughout this thread, but has yet to receive an answer.
Chubz is offline                         Send a private message to Chubz
Old 07-01-2016, 07:32 PM   #100
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well not sure about graphics. I remember I had to do some sound setting tweaking to get the proper sound, but those screenshots lok fine to me.

Perhaps you see lot of dots of different colors used to represend mixing of colors... It could be that what you see are screenshots reduced in size so this effect is not obvious. In the full screen game, you would see these things more clear and therefore get worse impression that on reduced shots.