Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-03-2007, 06:50 AM   #1
BlindMonk

It was sneakily inserted in a trailer for 300. Check up on it here: http://www.filmstalker.co.uk/archives/2007...in_300_tra.html

BlindMonk is offline                         Send a private message to BlindMonk
Old 11-03-2007, 01:47 PM   #2
ado
Forum hobbit

funny but does it have any meaning?
i find the rohrschach tests interesting, btw. i think i would do the test if i had the opportunity.
ado is offline                         Send a private message to ado
Old 11-03-2007, 04:48 PM   #3
BlindMonk

So what do you see?

BlindMonk is offline                         Send a private message to BlindMonk
Old 11-03-2007, 08:22 PM   #4
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

Quote:
i find the rohrschach tests interesting, btw. i think i would do the test if i had the opportunity.[/b]
Find related articles online. Once you've done it (know the answers you're 'supposed' to give) you can get out of having to do it seriously. Which is a good thing, imho. Some people would give way too much worth too it.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:27 PM   #5
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlindMonk @ Mar 11 2007, 06:48 PM) [snapback]283010[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
So what do you see?
[/b]
If you ask me, it's a dog, a dalmatian, one who's trying to wear a disguise to hide from Cruella
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 11-03-2007, 09:03 PM   #6
ado
Forum hobbit

ooooh, now i guess i get the hidden meaning
i see an evil face if you ask me, but that might have something to do with the fact it's painted on a head... it's a great idea though, i really like it!

Doubler i was browsing for the tests some time ago and most of the time i just came across the explanations of the cards - such as 'this is the card that explains your relationship to your father' and the likes... that's why i'd rather do it with a psychologist (is that the right word?); i think a doctor would give me a better analysis. but then again, maybe not
(i would do it more for the fun i'd say, so maybe i'll just try the web once again..)
ado is offline                         Send a private message to ado
Old 12-03-2007, 05:50 PM   #7
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

The thing is, unless you really consider this test reliable, you really don't want to get in the position where actual worth be ascribed to it
If you know the original test and the answers as they're interpreted, the test loses it's validity.

Also, iirc you won't find the real images online due to copyrights. There are outlines of the real images available instead.
Old 15-03-2007, 04:14 AM   #8
moogle
Abandonia Homie

I always think of the stuff he sees in the comics personalyl as its the first thing that I remember >>

And the shot looks awesome, lets hope the movie is too ^^

I can't find it in the trailer =\ even when I pause at 1:52 LOL

SO making that into a wallpaper...
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 18-03-2007, 11:08 AM   #9
Tito
Alley Cat

I don't think I want this movie to happen at all. Big cinema studios have this tendency to avoid unconfortable concepts for the general public, such as politics, sex and violence, along with not happy endings, and Watchmen has a bit of all that (well, a whole lot of politics, in fact).

I don´t want a mutilated version of Watchmen, avoiding some of the things that make it a great comic.
Old 18-03-2007, 04:50 PM   #10
BlindMonk

Yes indeed. Alan Moore has all but ostracized film adaptations from his life, Terry Gilliam had already previously tagged a screen version of Watchmen as impossible, and Zack Snyder (the director currently onboard, who just finished off 300) leaves me almost no hope that any of the real substance of Watchmen will ever hit the screen. Here's a snippet of an interview with Snyder from SuicideGirls, of all places. Contains some scene spoilers if you haven't read Watchmen:

EDIT: LOL, just realized the language filter. Yeah, he's pretty blunt with his language.

Quote:
DRE:
It’s hard to figure out what a guy like yourself might do next just because you don’t have a big body of work yet. Besides adapting things like Watchmen and 300, what else are you interested in?

Zack:
I’m a bit of an action geek.

DRE:
Is that your number one thing?

Zack:
No, not at all. My instinct is that movies where people are fighting and shooting are the movies I want to see. I don't really look for a movie that has anything specific in tone, action and story. I’m just looking for something that feels cool to me. Where I think about it and say "Yeah that sounds cool! I want to do that for *dirty word* years!" As a director, you just wake up everyday for a year and go "Yeah! That’s cool!"

DRE:
Can people sitting around talking be cool?

Zack:
It absolutely can. Watchmen has a lot of *dirty word* talking in it [laughs]. Dawn of the Dead had a lot of talking in it.

DRE:
Talk to me about the kind of color palette you want for the Watchmen movie.

Zack:
The thing about Watchmen is that I'm looking to make a movie that looks more like Taxi Driver than Dick Tracy [laughs]. People bring that up to me "Is it like Dick Tracy?" because that’s colorful. Watchmen as a printed medium references comic books itself. It goes "Look, I’m a comic book" and you read it, you're like "You're *dirty word* blowing my mind!" But that’s what it tries to do, it draws you in by being a comic book. I think my responsibility is to draw the audience in by saying "Look I’m just a movie" and then you get in there and it *meep*s you up. That’s my hope anyway. It is a weird movie. When you see the trailer and you go "Okay that looks like Richard Nixon. Dude that blue guy is in *dirty word* Vietnam, what is this?"

There’s a song you can not put in a Vietnam war movie and it’s Ride Of the Valkyries which should not be put it in any movie because of Apocalypse Now. But in Watchmen, you can imagine a sequence in Watchmen where Dr. Manhattan is 100 feet tall stomping through the jungles of Vietnam with Hueys all over him, zapping the Vietcong while Ride of the Valkyries is playing. It is transcendent of itself so you can reference Apocalypse Now and that’s okay. It is pop culture.

I’ve been drawing the storyboards and I’m very careful with sequence and things like that. There’s a sequence where Rorschach shoots his grappling gun up to the window and climbs up there. I just kept pulling shots out of the book and putting them in my boards. There’s no reason not to just shoot it like that.

DRE:
I can't wait to see him shoot the grappling hook into the SWAT guy.

Zack:
Yeah, that’s cool. When Nite Owl says "I made that for him!"

DRE:
The best line of the whole book is when Rorschach says "I'm not trapped in here with you, you're trapped in here with me!"

Zack:
That’s awesome. One of the things that I think is cool that in the movie there'd be a poster of Dr. Manhattan with silverware and trays floating around him and in America it would say "Superman is real and he's American." That same poster in Europe would say "God is real and he's American." That’s good muck.[/b]