Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-12-2004, 06:13 PM   #1
bohor
Game Wizzard

Hello you all,
In the last few days I was thinking realy hard about wanting to have a pocketpc, and about how it's so cool, so small, and about how it's so cool that is so small.. ..and much more...
Than it came to me, do I realy need one? I heard that pocketpcies use only bussinesman. Is there any other use for them except bussines?
Please post all your comments and thoughts about pocketpcies, expecialy people who have one..
bohor is offline                         Send a private message to bohor
Old 07-12-2004, 06:22 PM   #2
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

You can use them for games too, but in your case better to not have one, as if you move to Cuba, there will be not a lot of software to choose from.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 07-12-2004, 07:34 PM   #3
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Don't have one but I do want one. If the only thing you want it for is because it is so cool I would think again. They are not that functional for the price you pay. If you want an electronic organizer and a place to view files and take notes and do not want to use your Mobile for that it's okay if nothing about that appeals especially to you save your money.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 07-12-2004, 09:16 PM   #4
Ioncannon
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via MSN to Ioncannon

well I have a Ipaq with Tomb Raider one it... IN FULL 3D
Ioncannon is offline                         Send a private message to Ioncannon
Old 08-12-2004, 01:28 AM   #5
Caged
Game Wizzard

meh, don't waste the money on a pocketpc. In my opinion, for the money you will fork out for one, you might as well take the same amount, go on newegg.com and buy yourself something nice. Like an external hard drive, a new flash drive, dvd burner, new game, or a really good video card. I would go for th vid card, but whatever suits your interests.

The best part is that no matter what singular item you buy, you would still probably have cash left over for an ice cream cone, LOL
Caged is offline                         Send a private message to Caged
Old 08-12-2004, 02:32 AM   #6
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

If you want a very formal answer, then the answer is no. You don't need an extra piece of electronic just like I don't need a wireless keyboard + mouse, nor does anyone need one.

Yet, it seems like a lot of people like to "waste" their money on those. Their choices. My best piece of advice for ya would to actually have a use for it before buying one. If not, then you'll probably be wasting your money on it.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:17 AM   #7
Tuttle
Super Freak

Send a message via AIM to Tuttle

That's pretty much the best advice there is. Just about every time someone comes up to me at work and asks what the best PDA for them to buy is it goes something like:

Them: Hey, what's the best sort of PDA to get?
Me: What do you want to use it for?
Them: Um...
Me: *raise eyebrow and wait paitently*
Them: ...
Me: Pen and paper still works. You can even get them both from the stationery cupboard over there and save yourself a grand.
Tuttle is offline                         Send a private message to Tuttle
Old 08-12-2004, 11:11 AM   #8
bohor
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by The Picard@Dec 7 2004, 08:34 PM
Don't have one but I do want one. If the only thing you want it for is because it is so cool I would think again. They are not that functional for the price you pay. If you want an electronic organizer and a place to view files and take notes and do not want to use your Mobile for that it's okay if nothing about that appeals especially to you save your money.
so why do you want one picard?
and by the way I dont want one because its cool, I mean thats just one of the reasons...
bohor is offline                         Send a private message to bohor
Old 08-12-2004, 11:39 AM   #9
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I want one for the reasons I stated. Preferably I want one that accepts bluetooth keyboards so I can even work on papers and such in trains. I am still not completely sure whether I should get a latop or a Pocket PC. Laptop is more versatile but a Pocket PC is more portable. It's all theoretical anyway as I don't have the money to buy either.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 08-12-2004, 11:45 AM   #10
Tuttle
Super Freak

Send a message via AIM to Tuttle

Of course there are slate form-factor Tablet PCs... :whistle:
Tuttle is offline                         Send a private message to Tuttle