Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-07-2005, 07:59 AM   #11
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobbin Threadbare@Jul 8 2005, 12:17 AM
Does it matter? I'm not really into playing music, I don't care if I fail. I just want to do something that's easy so I don't have much work.
Percussion can actually get pretty difficult. Honestly, I think the easiest instrument to learn is the Sax. Very straight forward, and babes love it, even if you only play for a semester, it will be the easiest (and most fun) semester ever. Drums can get very frusterating, I've seen people almost go crazy trying to get certain rhythms right, or trying to learn to move their arms and legs independantly (try doing triplets with one hand and sixteenths with the other...it sucks!
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 25-07-2005, 10:28 AM   #12
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

I play very little piano and even less Trombone...need to practice again I suppose
Doc Adrian is offline                         Send a private message to Doc Adrian
Old 25-07-2005, 10:29 AM   #13
Koen
Game Wizzard

I can play some tunes on my keyboard. Never taken lessons so don't start about note reading, LOL.
Koen is offline                         Send a private message to Koen
Old 25-07-2005, 10:59 AM   #14
Apocalypse Dude
Super Freak

Most famous rock musicians can't read notes.. I can read them a bit but it takes me more time to learn a tune from notes then learning it by listening and playing along...
Apocalypse Dude is offline                         Send a private message to Apocalypse Dude
Old 26-07-2005, 08:08 AM   #15
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse Dude@Jul 25 2005, 10:59 AM
Most famous rock musicians can't read notes..
That's what they say to appear cool. One of the most overused sentence in interviews of famous guitar players (Satch excluded, he is honest) is : I never had a guitar lesson in my life. Yeah, of course you didn't !
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 26-07-2005, 08:26 AM   #16
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

I´ve studied Clarinet and piano, but I can play few other instruments. Guitar, bass guitar, tin-whistle, flute etc.
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin
Old 26-07-2005, 10:46 AM   #17
Sameeralord
Game freak

I'm playing the alto saxphone. It is amazing that fact that at the start I didn't practice and didn't like it that much but as I went along I liked it and currently plays it lot of times not for practice but personal enjoyment. When you are a begginer like when I first started an 1 and half years ago the notes really puts you down but after a while you get used to them. But still I don't prefer note symbols that much. I'm also playing bit of guitar not that good at it though.
Sameeralord is offline                         Send a private message to Sameeralord
Old 05-08-2005, 01:13 AM   #18
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

I played a coronet in middleschool. I can also play a few songs on a piano. I want to be able to play guitar like the various different bands during the 80's, but I suck major at guitar
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 05-08-2005, 09:05 AM   #19
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I play the piano (and have been for 21 years now, allthough I don't practice enough). And trying to produce some cool sounding rythms on my bongos...
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 21-08-2005, 09:00 PM   #20
Mats
Abandonia nerd

I'm playing the Trombone, always have, always will. I'm trying to do my military service as a musician in one of the three Royal Swedish Army bands. The tryout for me will be in March 2006.

//MJ
Mats is offline                         Send a private message to Mats