Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-06-2005, 10:57 PM   #1
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

Okaym guys...the moment you've all been waiting for! I put together these 11 pics cause I thought they were Abandoniaworthy....
They're all rough sketches, nothing spectacular. Thats how I draw, a pen and a nice piece of looseleaf...
I'll put a short commentary on each one:

This one was one a whim, real quick. What the inside of my starfighter would look like....

After reading the War of the Worlds (I know a lot about the Titanic, so I used it as my model)

After watching the Day After Tomorrow....

After the apocalypse, a bunch of aliens and robots land to document the end of the earth.

I scribbled this one really quick, because I wanted to see if I could draw something as vast as NYC. It turned out nice, though.

Thats it! Hope you liked it! :w00t:
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 09-06-2005, 10:58 PM   #2
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

Here's some more....

I like drawing buildings, I have a whole slew of these if you want more

This is my original hunter-seeker robot. (he's a pretty nasty bugger, wouldn't want to run into him)

same robot, different pose.

This is a star wars capital ship. Copied it off of a book cover (cheater, I know!)

I like designing technology. This is a diagram of a cutaway of a humanoid robot's arm.

Explaining how the joints work on the robot arm

Have fun!
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 10-06-2005, 06:43 AM   #3
Sameeralord
Game freak

AWESOME k: k: AWESOME k: k: . I like the "After the apocalypse" picture the best
Sameeralord is offline                         Send a private message to Sameeralord
Old 10-06-2005, 09:38 AM   #4
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

I like all of them, Indignus. Really creative pictures. The cross-section of the robots were ingenius. ..reminded me of the inventive and well-researched technical sketches of Leonardo Da Vinci. Artwise, I thought Titantic and Apocolpyse were fantastic having both realistic and imaginative details. New York City was a great sketch. Wouldn't we all like to pilot around in a star fighter like that? The sketch of the buildiing was kind of a contemporary Gormanghast. Really original.

Hoping to see more
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 10-06-2005, 10:17 AM   #5
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

The first two seem a bit too... well it just looks like you tried to put too much stuff in them. They're not bad, but nothing extraordinary.

I do like the rest of them a lot!
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 10-06-2005, 01:10 PM   #6
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

Yeah....I don't like the War the Worlds pic at all. I just made the alien saucers really fast, without putting any thought in. It looks like the skyscraper got a very positive response! I'll put a couple more in, I have literally hundreds of these buildings I've drawn. Thanks for the compliments!

P.s. Seb, I put in your pope avatar!
Old 10-06-2005, 01:37 PM   #7
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

Okay, guys. Here is some more buildings. I know there are a lot of pictures, but it killed me just to show these. Like I said, I have literaly hundreds!
Also, I made these buildings during french class cause I was bored! Without a ruler! I draw all my buildings freehand. They look more authentic that way. I also have the strange gift of being able to draw an almost perfectly straight line freehand

This one was inspired off of Chinese and Japanese traditional architecture

The "Black Temple"! A strange spiky fort made entirely of black obsidian.

A weird skyscraper that looks like its from "The Jetsons" or something

My favorite 'scraper of all time: I love the cold, sharp, corporate look.

based on the earlier one that I posted. The simplest, easiest design

Thats all! Enjoy.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:56 PM   #8
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Indignus IV@Jun 10 2005, 03:10 PM
P.s. Seb, I put in your pope avatar!
He-he. I'm glad you liked it.

Those buildings are awesome.

I don't know why, but the last one remiends me of the Statue of Liberty. And the third one (from the Jetsones or something) remeinds me of the Eifel Tower (but with a bridge to some other structure).

Looking forward to more k:

EDIT: But the "Black Temple" :w00t: .
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 10-06-2005, 02:04 PM   #9
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

Nice connections, Seb! I'll see if I can put more pics on later, but it is a long and difficult process. I have to scan them in, resize them, put them on photobucket, than put them here.

Until then, here is one to tide you over:

It is a birds-eye view of the last building above. The tower is on the right side, surrounded by the atrium. The stuff on the left side is the plaza, with fountains and statues. :bye:

Edit: this picture is slightly different than the last one above, but you get the idea! k:
Old 11-06-2005, 02:19 AM   #10
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

Even though you got the inspiration from a book..love the Star Destroyer I am a Star Wars Junkie though
Doc Adrian is offline                         Send a private message to Doc Adrian