Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 10:43 AM   #21
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

eije...einjehar...'s profile
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 12-03-2006, 10:45 AM   #22
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Yeah einherjar was an arsehole, though nothing to do with Freddy.

While we're on the topic, what do the admins have to say about Dreadlord? They got their account banned because of a running joke that they were a Freddy multi (because they posted so much), even though they obviously weren't.

Also, is my suspision correct that ein and Triton are one and the same?
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 12-03-2006, 10:47 AM   #23
Don Andy
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Titan@Mar 12 2006, 12:04 PM
Punch is unfortunally at that age, where everything that happens on an internet board is as real as his life would be "out there", and thinks it's just as important to act like it would, and is rebelling against the "power".. either parents or in this case the admins.

This is sort of pathetic, but he can do whatever he wants, and unlike real life, this is one of the places you don't HAVE to be at to survive. It's just a way to kill time in an enjoyable way, and get some ammusement out of it, and perhaps make some social bonds.
I'm totally with Titan here. The last board I was admin at (a german one, now closed due to Admins loosing interest in the topic the board was about, was pretty famous among the kiddos though) we had exactly the same problem, just with like every second user.

They got pissed by the way we handle things and then thought they had to announce that globally before "leaving" the community, instead of, oh, I don't know, PM us for example and ask us about the problem.

But in the most cases we were glad they were leaving anyway.

So, bottom line:
So #Alex#, if this really is you're opinion I wonder why the heck you openend this thread in the first place, instead of directing this directly to the Admins or our bigboss Kosta, nobody forces you to be here anyway.
Don Andy is offline                         Send a private message to Don Andy
Old 12-03-2006, 11:08 AM   #24
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

Quote:
Originally posted by Havell@Mar 12 2006, 12:45 PM
Yeah einherjar was an arsehole, though nothing to do with Freddy.

While we're on the topic, what do the admins have to say about Dreadlord? They got their account banned because of a running joke that they were a Freddy multi (because they posted so much), even though they obviously weren't.

Also, is my suspision correct that ein and Triton are one and the same?
No clue about Dreadlord actualy..
Allthough i might be one of the more visible admins, we'r actualy quite a few, and i don't have the honor to annihilate everyone all the time.

Bottom line is; This is Kosta's forum.. He can run it by himself, or get help. The users have no rights, but loads of obligations and rules to follow if they want to stay. This is not the real world, and therefore normal laws doesn't apply to the extent they do IRL.

Some ppl fail to see this, and think it's like any other town in America, where they have civil rights and pulbic hearings.
Punch/Alex is probably too young to realy realize this even when told so, and therefore this dramatic "I'm leaving"-topic where he essentialy burns his bridges for a return. None the less, it will take a day or so, and he'll be back reading, and perhaps a week before he starts posting again. What he won't realize is that he'll now have a harder time to be taken seriously, as the image he has projected of himself, doesn't add upp with his actions.

Earlier we've had problems with some of our younger members beeing influenced by Freddy, and making "demands" that he should be allowed back on the board for this and that reason. Freddy is a special subject and will be hunted on all Abandonian forums, since he's a danger to physical ppl with his subjective powers and attempts to turn ppl into his way of thinking and his ideas. Too much in common with the neo-nazi organizations here in europe, who also exploits the young and weak.

Those of you who has had the privilige of leading a board, knows how important it is to stand by a dessition.. heck.. it's important in real life, and you'r always right until proven otherwise.
The problem comes when someone doesn't have that trigger that allowes them to see when they are realy wrong, and over a forum, filled with text, it's alot harder to take something personal, or even react emotionally to it. On the other hand, it seems like younger ppl tend to see this as en extention of theire real life, but just w/o the normal rules that would apply at home, and they think they can behave however they like. When they get punished, they don't take the hint until it's too late.
To them Admins are just an evil bunch of ppl who try to ruin theire playground, and doesn't realize the economical intrest behind. The servers we have to keep abandonia up is freaking expencive, but due to our popularity, it's essential.
The forum is an extention of the main site, and to many ppl it IS the main site now, and therefor our intrest in keeping it enjoyable for the majority has increased.
When the majority gets what they want, there is always some ppl who doesn't. Is those ppl of the younger category, the protests tend to be more dramatic and publicly instead of actualy tring to do something serious about it.

Age however doesn't realy have much to do with it, it's all about maturity.
Example: Danny, Punch and Quatro(something) is all about the same age..
One has been annihilated, one has just left, and one... you might need to read this twize, is a Moderator for parts of this forum.. So was Punch for a while, but he didn't know how to handle it, and used it to play around, and abused it heavily in his pathetic dispute with another user of this board.

hmmm.. this was a bit longer then intended, but i hope you took your time to read it anyway. Will be on another hour or so and answer any other questions i might know the answer to.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:12 AM   #25
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Wah...?

I'm not reading that, but I was told Dreadlord was PM'd, being asked about being Freddy and she didn't reply within two weeks so they banned her. It's too risky having Freddy the uber mind raper, or anyone who could even be suspected of being Freddy, near us.

LOL I remember Quatro. Me and Danny temporarily stole his forums.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 12-03-2006, 11:21 AM   #26
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Scarecrow@Mar 12 2006, 12:12 PM
LOL I remember Quatro. Me and Danny temporarily stole his forums.
Yeah, I remember that, good times; though very mean in retrospect. Punch almost got banned I recall. Quatroking should be over it by now though, he posted something in the shoutbox when he came back and he and punch managed to joke about it a little.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 12-03-2006, 11:29 AM   #27
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

What I like most in all the forums I regularly visit is to see intelligent Admins and MODs like it is the case here. Not only do we have intelligent people who run this place, but they actually have the skills to express and explain themselves in a way which bring upmost respect and authority.

Not like another board I visit regularly, in which the MODs are about as problematic than the real users.

I like this place so much. k:
Old 12-03-2006, 11:31 AM   #28
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by TheChosen+Mar 12 2006, 09:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheChosen @ Mar 12 2006, 09:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> What the hell??? :blink: [/b]

I agree with that statement.

<!--QuoteBegin-TheChosen

Who is this einherjar? What did he do?
I dont remember him.
[/quote]

And I agree to that one, too!

Anyway, I just wanna say goodbye to you Alex, if if you're going to leave :bye:
And remember that this is just a forum, take it easy... don't let the conspiracy win over you :whistle: :bleh:
Old 12-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #29
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

LOL I just remembered I still have the PM I sent you about it. To Havell that is. And this happened EXACTLY one year ago tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally posted by Me
Danny has joined Quatroking's forum. I have made Danny an Admin. Danny has now permanently banned Quatroking. Danny has unbanned you. Danny has made you an Admin. Danny has un-Admined everyone else. And now me and Danny own Quatroking's forum. :Brain: :Brain: :Brain:
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 12-03-2006, 11:59 AM   #30
Maikel
Abandonia Homie

People take forums wayyy to seriously..... conspiracies hahahaha

There is a switch on your computer to turn it off. Go outside, breath fresh air, see real landscapes instead of pixelled ones.

etc.

in other words: Get a (non-digital) life.
Maikel is offline                         Send a private message to Maikel
Closed Thread