Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-10-2020, 02:36 AM   #31
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Polite question

Hello,

RPG wizards, what do you think about the Korean game Lineage?

Is it worth it?

Thanks for your time and help.

Old 13-10-2020, 07:49 AM   #32
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Post Poor game

Well, i decide that this game is not my favorite at all.

Pls, note this is MHO only.

Sorry.
Old 15-10-2020, 10:48 AM   #33
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

You are too fast.

So far, I found only three online games that suit my tastes:

- Kingdom of Loathing. Distant relative of the old MUD "Legend of the Red Dragon". Gameplay is quite simplified: you have limited amount of turns per day, and your global task is to kill the Big Boss, ascend and get more skills and items, rinse and repeat.

Plus side there is the community, sheer amount of content and good writing.

- Gems of War. Simple match-3 battle in vein of old good Puzzle Quest (and from the same authors), only without plot, but with infinite amount of different units.

Nothing too much, but it can be played for free (really free, I mean, it's not required to pay for progress), and have enough mechanics to allow my brain juice ticking - and quite fast to play, so I can spent 15-20 minutes per session.

- Path of Exile. The best that happened with Diablo-like games from the times of Diablo 2 (and much, much better than D2).

Can be played _almost_ free. If you will never buy the extra inventory tabs, endgame gameplay became quite cluttered with all this good items that haven't any place to put into. Refreshes each "season" (roughly half-year) with new mechanics and items.

Everything else I seen either too expensive, or looks free - until you hit soft wall of infinite time for progress.
Old 30-12-2020, 04:59 PM   #34
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Path of Exile - have to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
You are too fast.

So far, I found only three online games that suit my tastes:

- Kingdom of Loathing. Distant relative of the old MUD "Legend of the Red Dragon". Gameplay is quite simplified: you have limited amount of turns per day, and your global task is to kill the Big Boss, ascend and get more skills and items, rinse and repeat.

Plus side there is the community, sheer amount of content and good writing.

- Gems of War. Simple match-3 battle in vein of old good Puzzle Quest (and from the same authors), only without plot, but with infinite amount of different units.

Nothing too much, but it can be played for free (really free, I mean, it's not required to pay for progress), and have enough mechanics to allow my brain juice ticking - and quite fast to play, so I can spent 15-20 minutes per session.

- Path of Exile. The best that happened with Diablo-like games from the times of Diablo 2 (and much, much better than D2).

Can be played _almost_ free. If you will never buy the extra inventory tabs, endgame gameplay became quite cluttered with all this good items that haven't any place to put into. Refreshes each "season" (roughly half-year) with new mechanics and items.

Everything else I seen either too expensive, or looks free - until you hit soft wall of infinite time for progress.

OK.

What do you think about Diablo 3, 4?

Some russian game wizards stated that D3 is abs. bad. True?

Pls,tell me have one to pay money to Blizzard browser to play both above games?

TY for yr time/help.
Old 30-12-2020, 06:13 PM   #35
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

You cannot play D4, as it not exists yet.

I heard good things about D3... but it looks just as Path of Exile, only paid and with less variative mechanics. If not "paid" part, I would check it, but as it is, I can live without it.
Old 05-01-2021, 01:33 PM   #36
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Never played Diablo 3, but I've looked around quite a bit for recensions about it. Most of them agree that the game is quite good, but never reached neither popularity of Diablo 2 - LoD back when that was very popular, nor the actual gameplay fun of it. Also Blizzard seems to have done some questionable things with the game, which many people didn't like, and which didn't help the popularity of D3 as well as it otherwise could, online shop (removed a while ago again) being one of the things.
As for D4, I agree with SS - just go Path of Exile, don't think you can go wrong with that one.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 13-01-2021, 05:20 PM   #37
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Ugh! I really do not have many expectations, but I sincerely hope that Blizzard will be able to release the last Diablo (Diablo 4) to conclude the saga. I think it would be worse and inglorious for the series if the Developer leaves the saga inconclusive and open...
Old 25-02-2021, 10:00 AM   #38
andy0087
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
Hello,

RPG wizards, what do you think about the Korean game Lineage?

Is it worth it?

Thanks for your time and help.

Have been playing Lineage2 for so long time. When I was like 10-16. It was awesome time spending. And sometimes I even didn't go hanging out with my friends. So if you want to be playing at home all the time answer is yes.
andy0087 is offline                         Send a private message to andy0087