Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-09-2006, 04:48 AM   #21
laiocfar
NOD Commander

If you do it good, good old Sim City was easiest than modern ones, there was very few things to mantain and you arent asked to lower tax rates.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:09 PM   #22

I managed to find version 2 of Simcity Classic. Not only is the inteface cleaner, but there are also eight graphics sets to choose from, including a really nice high-res 256 color set. I would love to upload it to this site but I have no idea how to.

Old 24-10-2006, 01:32 PM   #23
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

First register. Then PM site owner, Kosta, about this game. He'll give you a login and password for the upload server.

Specific instructions are here.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 16-01-2007, 03:53 AM   #24
Erin

I'm sure I can remember a version of SimCity which gave you little video popups every now and then, like an insider's look at some of the citizens of your city. Was this it?

Old 17-01-2007, 11:32 AM   #25
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Doubtful, and it definitely was not 2000 either. Look at Simcity 3000 or Simcity 4, might be one of them.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 22-01-2007, 09:05 AM   #26

I used to play this game on the super nes when I was little. This one doesn't have the gifts......plus the graphics suck

Old 27-01-2007, 12:51 AM   #27
Retroman

I've downloaded the game, but the files seem to be corrupted:

1. In the game, there's no way to select either a coal or nuclear power plant... it just won't accept a choice so you cannot power your city. Meaning, playing the game is pointless...

2. the terrain editor's menu texts are all messed up.

Would anyone k nwo what to do about this, or even better, where to get the DOS version?

Thanks a million!
R.

Old 27-01-2007, 03:18 PM   #28
Cosmonaut_Roger
Abandonia nerd

Does any have or did anyone ever play SimCity Enahanced CD? It was regular Simcity ported to the windows environment, but it came with goofy films clips and enhanced sound. And let me tell you, the film clips are pretty cheesy! In normal Simcity, when the newspaper reports flash up, or when the helicopter gives a traffic report, in SimCity CD full motion video clips out pop up. Anyway, I imagine its hard to come by these days, so I was wondering if anyone had it or had played it here.
Cosmonaut_Roger is offline                         Send a private message to Cosmonaut_Roger
Old 07-04-2007, 04:07 PM   #29
douglas quaid

I'm running SimCity Classic in XP and it goes way too fast! Even when set on "slow" I'm going through a year in about 5 seconds. Is there any way to slow this down? I also tried it in Win95 compatibility mode and it makes no difference.

Old 07-04-2007, 05:42 PM   #30
Incappucciato d'Ombra
A Shadow in the shadows

Try using Dosbox (download here), depending on your CPU power it can be enough, if not and the game run still too much fast, slow down Dosbox with CTRL + F11 (just in case : here you can read the abandonia's tutorial)

If for some reason you don't want to use DosBox, you can try to use some "CPU slowdown program" like Mo'slo or other similar
Incappucciato d'Ombra is offline                         Send a private message to Incappucciato d'Ombra