Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-05-2016, 05:24 AM   #1
Temporary Joe

Default WingNuts: Temporal Navigator

Hi! I recently got a PC and there's an old game I want to play, WingNuts: Temporal Navigator. It's an old game (2001) and while the Mac version is easy to find and was released as freeware (it's non-Universal, but a system update at some point broke the music changing between levels, and with Rosetta, even running it is a little iffy), there was a PC version too (98/Me/2000/XP). I checked the "Is it abandonware" checklist, it's not being supported anymore and even Freeverse doesn't exist anymore (it was bought up by a series of companies, and the current holder, DeNA, holds no trace to Freeverse's original products). In fact, I remember that when Freeverse was still extant, I wrote their support a letter about the problems, but it was already officially discontinued at that point.

The PC version I've tried to find on other sources, even a demo (sadly the PC version's demo was hosted on Freeverse's now-defunct FTP). And no, if your suggestion was "get an emulator and play it", it uses OpenGL, which SheepShaver does not support.

Thanks and I appreciate any feedback!
Temporary Joe is offline                         Send a private message to Temporary Joe
Old 10-05-2016, 07:51 PM   #2
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

File Planet have the demo of it.
Old 12-05-2016, 02:55 PM   #3
Temporary Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
File Planet have the demo of it.
Neither Chrome nor Firefox seem to like FilePlanet, probably because of all sorts of dubious mods hanging out there. The demo's fine, right?
Temporary Joe is offline                         Send a private message to Temporary Joe
Old 13-05-2016, 08:32 AM   #4
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Well, I didn't install it. But I downloaded it, if it matters. And just started - it seems legitimate (I didn't install game though, I am at work).
Old 21-05-2016, 07:09 PM   #5
Temporary Joe

Good news is it does work, better news is that it is the full version locked behind a shareware prompt, so if I find the code then good times, bad news is there's only so many launches I can do before it presumably stops working, worse news is I have yet to come up with a solution to make it work. Windowed, compatibility modes...they all crash on the loading screen in 7. Crap!