Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old News
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-11-2004, 06:33 PM   #21
Yamcha
Home Sweet Abandonia

I can contact a BG PCmagazine telling them about the site k: Then write to some other BG abw sites and give them links(of course if you wish)
Old 25-11-2004, 06:34 PM   #22
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

I think if you can write a review in English and you are not English you should be able to translate it back into your own language with very little effort, for example, if I wrote somethnig in German (which I know a little of) I could translate it back into English quite easily.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 25-11-2004, 06:37 PM   #23
Yamcha
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by R Havell@Nov 25 2004, 07:34 PM
I think if you can write a review in English and you are not English you should be able to translate it back into your own language with very little effeort, for example, if I wrote somethnig in German (which I know a little of) I could translate it back into English with very little effort.
You're right
Old 25-11-2004, 06:40 PM   #24
wormpaul
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to wormpaul Send a message via Yahoo to wormpaul

Edit: Damm...still waiting for response at PM...

Edit again: Still waiting for Response for point 2...
Old 25-11-2004, 06:41 PM   #25
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Nov 25 2004, 07:28 PM
I'll take over the Slovene part - don't know how fast I'll be, but I'll do the Slovene translations - give me a PM :Tom:
Done
Old 25-11-2004, 08:44 PM   #26
Unknown Hero
Home Sweet Abandonia

The idea is great!

First: not many people will be from Kiwunjo (and such tribes), so site on those languages wont be open, but as you said, for Croatia, Germany, French, Spain, and maybe some other languages, it should stay! k:

Second: Just a little note, if you don't dream in English, then translate your own reviews into language in what you dream (this is true, and it wont be difficult!).

Third: @Wormpaul especialy
Now you'll see how difficult is to translate long reviews! :bleh:
Unknown Hero is offline                         Send a private message to Unknown Hero
Old 25-11-2004, 08:53 PM   #27
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

I'm translating abandonia to Icelandic (along with EgAt)... it's more difficult than I thought it would be!!

Well, my icelandic isn't perfect...

But in the Christmas break i'm going to review some games, I'll do it in Icelandic + English, and maybe Danish... Although it's a bit rusty now :crazy:
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin
Old 25-11-2004, 08:58 PM   #28
Unknown Hero
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by wormpaul@Nov 25 2004, 08:30 PM
How many people can't read english??? (talking about the "rich" countries in the world...)

3: Again absolute True* k:* ...but that's also something that you must find out in the future (or by asking people)...are people still willing to review games when they must write in 2 langueges???...it cost simply more time (thats a fact...no discuss about that) and when too many people stop with reviewing it's the end of the big grow....(or people start to make even shorter reviews...so the quality of the site isnt that good anymore)

All not to insult or complain at you (i know...you all admins made the decision) but just wanna keep you sharp...i still think it's not good for the site..

Remember: It's spare time for all of us...not a real job* :whistle:
I'm translating reviews that I didn't write myself, and that's an effort (cuz I sometimes can't know what someone meant), but when I write a review, it's peace of cake to translate it! I always know what I mean!

[Sledge Hammer mode on]
Trust me, I know what I'm doing!
[/Sledge Hammer mode off]

EDIT: It's true that I don't have time for writting new reviews (only one or two in month), but (as I said before) I translate reviews that I didn't write myself, so it's more difficult!
Unknown Hero is offline                         Send a private message to Unknown Hero
Old 25-11-2004, 08:59 PM   #29
FreeFreddy

Hmm, it's long time since I reviewed and / or uploaded a game already... Hey, if I should review it to English and German now, would I need to translate it to Russian too then? :blink:
Not that it would be that difficult, it's my mother-language, but some technical terms for computers would be probably little difficult to translate... :whistle:

Old 25-11-2004, 09:04 PM   #30
Unknown Hero
Home Sweet Abandonia

Maybe you should leave them in English?
I have to do that things also, cuz there aren't suitable words for "that thing" in Croatian.