Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 20-11-2010, 01:30 AM   #11
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahajejeje View Post
Im not crazy!!!!

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 20-11-2010, 05:20 AM   #12
angry axe
O for Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahajejeje View Post
This THIIIS GAME!!!! Ive looking a nude guy for years
"war has changed. its no longer about nations ideologies or ethnicity, its an endless series of proxy battles fought by mercenaries and machines. War, and its consumption of life - has become a well oiled machine" - Solid Snake
angry axe is offline                         Send a private message to angry axe
Old 26-11-2010, 05:55 PM   #13
The Bard
Abandonia Bard

I actually played this game quite a lot when I was a kid, but somehow failed to notice (until now) that the main char was a nude dude...
Explains a lot of weird childhood thoughts.
Old 27-11-2010, 06:53 AM   #14
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Considering your signature, Bardy-Bard... ^^

Also, before this thread falls down the silly-hole, let's all agree to disagree and then go have some icecream or something...

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 27-11-2010, 07:19 AM   #15
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Actually... That review is pretty terrible. I can see how it would upset people.

Balzy, if you're interested in ammending it send me a pm.
Old 27-11-2010, 07:35 AM   #16
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

What part of it is terrible? It's probably better than anything I wrote...

For corrections we have the Grammar Team, if you think it bothers you so much send it to them. that's their job.
Old 27-11-2010, 07:57 AM   #17
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

The review looks fine to me, I don't see what the Grammar Squad could do to it, bar a rewrite and that isn't our job. The comment about the naked guy is not sexist in any way, he points out many different reasons as to why the two female game creators might have wanted a naked guy, and maybe they really did just want to have a naked guy to look at it's okay for a guy to do that it’s okay for a girl to do that, and even points out that its historically accurate. His further statement that maybe if it had of been a naked girl the game would have sold better is an opinion...do we want to replace every review we don't agree with the opinion of the writer on? As far as I can tell the writer isn't being sexist or offensive just pointing out that maybe it would have done better if the naked character had of appealed to the majority of gamers.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 27-11-2010, 08:27 AM   #18
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
His further statement that maybe if it had of been a naked girl the game would have sold better is an opinion...
It's not an opinion, it's a fact.
Even the Ferrari advertising teams know that fact.
Attached Images
File Type: png ferrari.png (84.4 KB, 11 views)

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 27-11-2010, 10:31 AM   #19
KrazeeXXL
BORG

The POV of the guy who wrote this article is indeed very close-minded.
Although it is a very popular view below men it appears to be at least "a bit" intolerant adverse the same sex.

I'm surprised that he searched so long for this game, played the german version, even made contact to the producer and then lament of the nude-male main character.

Pretty weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluJane
Actually... That review is pretty terrible. I can see how it would upset people.

Balzy, if you're interested in ammending it send me a pm.
I have to agree partially. Although the author's POV should be a "no 90" for abandonia he wrote some interesting and useful facts about the game.

So at first I'd ask him to rewrite it.
KrazeeXXL is offline                         Send a private message to KrazeeXXL
Old 16-01-2011, 12:13 AM   #20
MrDeadly
Game freak

I'm amazed, and honestly a bit disappointed to find this thread. If this is one of the most controversial reviews on Abandonia then you really need to start raising the standard people... I don't feel the need to defend the issues with the review myself, as I'm glad to see others have done that perfectly already. But I will say this; if you don't agree with what's written in a review, then fine - disagree, and feel free to bitch about it all you want. That's your right. What you don't have a right to do however is to censor parts of a review just because you yourself find something in it offensive. Things that you either don't agree with, don't see or don't want to understand. This is what disappoints me. Yes, maybe a perfect game-review should be 100% objective, but that doesn't happen. One reviewer may find a game too violent, another wants much more blood and heads flying around. One reviewer feels the game is frustratingly hard, but people who bought it based on his/her review feels it's way too easy and becomes angry with the reviewer. Another reviewer thinks it was a grave mistake to include certain stereotypical characters or politically incorrect statements in the game, while others found it funny or couldn't really give a damn. Some reviewer think the game is so horrendous it should be banned, others can't praise it enough. And, lastly, one reviewer liked a certain game for it's game play, but would rather see a nude female main-character instead of a nude male, while others liked the guy... Get the point? It's all personal opinions - and unless you learn to deal with this I suggest you stop reading reviews, at least independent ones.

I won't re-write anything. If someone else changes the review then so be it, but then expect it to turn up someplace else uncensored with the tag "banned from Abandonia" and the reasons why it got changed, because people need to see just how low the bar on censorship is set around here.