Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-04-2005, 03:20 PM   #11
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Quote:
Originally posted by another_guest@Apr 30 2005, 09:08 AM
Risk is an addictive game, but in this version attacking, repeating attacks and such all have to be done through the menu, which means a lot of clicking for each serious attack. For me that was the biggest downside of this particular version.
There are shortcuts (like R for Repeat Attack).

Just finished a ten hour battle... :zzzzz:
Old 30-04-2005, 09:51 PM   #12
Christian IV
Game freak

We used to play the board game version of this for days,
my brother and cousins and I and now his kids are playing
it, and this is a great version of it, it makes you think
strategically (the big picture) and tactically, (the local issues)
and you have to trade off and work with it and it makes
the mind stretch. Thanks so much for putting this game up.
Cheers.

Christian IV is offline                         Send a private message to Christian IV
Old 01-05-2005, 11:34 AM   #13
Uumpf
Talking

This is one of the greatest games ever!! Love it a lot... (just won a game :Brain

Have fun with it!!

Old 11-05-2005, 03:47 PM   #14
george

is there any way to find out the rules for this game? its easy enough till it comes to swapping cards, then nothing i can do seems to have any effect.

Old 11-05-2005, 05:13 PM   #15
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by george@May 11 2005, 03:47 PM
is there any way to find out the rules for this game? its easy enough till it comes to swapping cards, then nothing i can do seems to have any effect.
At http://boardgames.about.com/od/riskstrategy/ you can find a strategy guide for beginners as well as tips for more experienced players. Though I don't know how good that website is, I just know of its existence.
Old 26-06-2005, 01:40 AM   #16

http://jrisk.sourceforge.net/

Old 26-06-2005, 04:21 AM   #17
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

I have the win95 Risk Cdrom... Perhaps with dosbox I can play it lan with friends? I have a XP and 98 computer, and it sucks when I can't play some of the best games multiplayer.

Time to test it out...
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 23-07-2005, 06:36 PM   #18
Nils AKA Nelson

Fellows,

I hear people complain about the fact u can't stop an attack when you turn on do-or-die-attack, AND people say the AI is to dumb. So, the sollution is: play the game with do-or-die-attack turned ON, and see it as an extra handicap for the sentient-players (Who on their turn have the advantage of having a real brain and common sense!), while having the practical advantage of having less clicks to make.

An other tip: Don't turn the army-limit-funtion on, but agree for yourself (and other humanplayers, that is illigal to place more than 10 armies on a country. Makes it more challenging. (Note: when you get 2 bonus-armies on a country where you already had 10 armies, or when you have one country with more than 7 armies (or you have to trade cards), you get more than 10 armies on a country. The protocol to follow is that the computer-armylimit is to turn on (With a maximum of 10) and after that to be turned of inmediately. Yes, also the 10+ armies of the computer are decimated now, but it is reglementary and the other players should be aware of the fact that it is possible that computerarmies can be brought down to 10 when such an occasion occurs.

Playing with 2 human players? Agree on this: completing your mission= 3 points, kicking the other human player out of the game = 2 points (than game is finished and u have to start a new game), one of the (4) computer players wins = both human players score 1 point. The first with 10 points wins (and at least 2 point ahead, like in tennis or something, that can keep the game interesting for a long time, and indeed, the final score could be of 17-15 for example.

In addition to this competitionsystem; an extra rule can be that both human players can declare one of the computerplayers to be their "deputy" When the deputy wins, the player who's deputy it is, gets one point, the other none.

Tips for one player game: Give al five computerplayers the same colour and the exact same name + Dont look at your own mission and use the 10 = max rule. That is a challenge! (In all honesty; I still win with great ease of the computer (mixed AI-levels; I think the standard-computer is more dangerous than the hard-computer who is too predictable).

Are u a Risk-fan and you have simulair playing tips? Or want to exchange ideas? Please mail me at:

e-mail removed

(PS: 4 me, there are just 3 games that really rock:

1. North&South (infogrames, 1989/1990)
2. Risk
3. Scorched Earth (any version) )

(PPS: You can also mail just for fun)
(PPPS When you like NOrth&South, U HAVE to mail me, cause, I think U & me are the only one's one the planet I think )

Old 16-08-2005, 03:18 AM   #19
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Or you can agree to only having 5 armies. See what happens there. :evil:
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 21-09-2005, 01:26 AM   #20
Delgado

I have a problem

When i try to exit Risk my computer restarts......why is that?