Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-02-2006, 11:21 PM   #1
link632

It a side-scrolling game.. It starts out with a little boy in a graveyard, I think (i also think he's wearing a cap or maybe not? maybe i'm thinking of the other boy from the other game I also need help identifying..), and the only thing he's carrying is a slingshot. He shoots it at ghosts and gouls (not really sure, last time I played it was probably more than ten years ago).. I'm thinking the title has "keen" in it, but I'm not positive. I downloaded one of the "Commander Keen" games, but when I played the game, it wasn't it -- and nothing in it was familiar to me. Can someone please help me?? :crazy:

Also, there's this other game. The main character is also a little boy. It's also a side-scrolling game. The only obstacle I can remember is the slug's green (?) slime.. Damn. I can't remember it! Please help!

The only couple of games I remember are Prince of Persia and CD-Man 2 (I'm hoping this would help you to know when I played those games that I can't remember.. Because when I played those games, I also played PoP alot, and CD-Man 2 with my cousin).

Please. I've been wanting to know the titles of those two games since 2004 (when I found out about abandonware sites)..
link632 is offline                         Send a private message to link632
Old 28-02-2006, 11:28 PM   #2
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Here you are - Monster Bash on Mobygames
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 28-02-2006, 11:31 PM   #3
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Glad Scatty was able to help you out, and welcome, but, for future reference, but requests in the official request forum.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 28-02-2006, 11:46 PM   #4
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Ooooh, I remember Monster Bash, that was great

Incidentally, it wouldn't qualify as a request as such, since Apogee titles can't be hosted - they're ESA and many of them are still for sale on 3D Realms' site IIRC.

EDIT: Yup, here it is:

http://www.3drealms.com/bash/index.html

The buy it link's in the top right of the screen (10 USD either on floppies or to download), or the shareware episode's there.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 28-02-2006, 11:50 PM   #5
link632

Quote:
Originally posted by Scatty@Feb 28 2006, 11:28 PM
Here you are - Monster Bash on Mobygames
Umm... Thanks for that, but I don't think that's it. 0_0 I don't recall the main character wearing a polka dotted pair of pyjamas (which is rather impossible for me not to remember if ever that was the game I was talking about considering the kid in that game has blue polkas! Hehehe!!).. Also, remember in the good ol' DOS days where you have to type the name of the program you want to run? Well, I don't remember typing "cd monsterbash" (or cd monster, cd bash).. X(
Old 28-02-2006, 11:52 PM   #6
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Well, try and find monsterbash, 'cause it looks pretty freaking accurate to your description. Do you happen to recall the developer?
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 28-02-2006, 11:54 PM   #7
link632

Yeah, it kind of does fit my description pretty well.. Is it possible that game companies before were also copying ideas from each other like now? Hehe...
Old 01-03-2006, 12:41 AM   #8
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by link632@Feb 28 2006, 11:54 PM
Yeah, it kind of does fit my description pretty well.. Is it possible that game companies before were also copying ideas from each other like now? Hehe...
Perhaps so, but why don't you just try playing the shareware episode that's available for download on the site Beef posted?
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 01-03-2006, 12:57 AM   #9
link632

No. I don't remember the developer.. I'm only 17! Like I said, I remember playing the game about 10 years ago. You do that math. Hehehe!! Only thing I distinctly remember is the slingshot.

Ok Raffles, I will. Tnx again and I'll come back and tell you guys if it IS the game I was looking for. Though, I still don't know the name of the second game.. 0.o

EDIT:
There's a missing file in the installer for the shareware episode. So... I can't play it.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:44 AM   #10
WaAn
Abandonia nerd

Heart of darkness, maybe? the boy is wearing a blue hat, a blue shirt and brown trousers. His name is Andy, and he is looking for his kidnapped dog, using his machine to get to the land of the Dark Lord.

Review

EDIT: There IS a monster that has green slime in his... his something. I don't know what's that.
EDIT2 : Interplay made it. I think it's still sold.
WaAn is offline                         Send a private message to WaAn