Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-09-2010, 04:56 AM   #161
Moliclan
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko View Post
I want to know what are youre best adventure games of all the time. My favorite adventure games are:
Broken sword 1 and 2
monkey islan 1
the dig
I loved the King's Quest games but Quest for Glory 1 has got to be the best adventure game I ever played.

The skill building system was 15 years ahead of its time. The combat was heart-pounding and the humor was always there keeping me laughing. Many, many hours playing that game.
Moliclan is offline                         Send a private message to Moliclan
Old 14-09-2010, 11:33 AM   #162
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

1) Maniac Mansion, C64-version (the music, the different characters, the puzzles - everything is just perfect (except the telescope, but oh well))
2) Monkey Island 3, Day of the Tentacle (cool graphic, good humor with connection to the puzzles and hints to the previous games)
4) XChange, Necronomicon - dawn of darkness (they are just VERY different compared to the typical adventure-genre, and nice graphic, full of ideas)
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 15-09-2010, 03:01 AM   #163
KrazeeXXL
BORG

dang tough decision to make tbh.

loved all the adventures from Lucasarts of course. Recently I dug out "the Dig" and played a while. It's a tough game.

The first Lucasarts Adventure I've played was Maniac Mansion/monochrom/english. Still remember as I was looking for the chainsaw-fuel

but to make a list:

1. Indiana Jones 4 (waited months for it while playing the demo )
2. Monkey Island1/2
3. DOTT
4. Zak McKracken
5. Sam 'n Max (recently played Season 2 but... it's not the same)

but 1-5 who carez? I could mix them all up randomly and still would be satisfied whats on place one to five.

also good games imo were the Riddle of Master Lu and Baphomets Curse. (but both aren't in my top 5 )
KrazeeXXL is offline                         Send a private message to KrazeeXXL
Old 20-09-2010, 11:17 AM   #164
Igorovics
Forum hobbit

I always liked Lucasarts games (Monkey Island series, Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max hit the road, Indiana Jones, The Dig) because of the great sense of humour, and because I couldn't die in this games.

My new favourite is Beneath a Steel Sky, with great voices and music, good story, fantastic atmosphere, and a sick sense of humour It definitely worth a try.
Old 21-09-2010, 04:20 AM   #165
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

You can die in Last Crusade since I just got done playing it. I think you can also die in Maniac Mansion. I'm sure you can in Fate of Atlantis too.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127
Old 21-09-2010, 06:22 AM   #166
Igorovics
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxor127 View Post
You can die in Last Crusade since I just got done playing it. I think you can also die in Maniac Mansion. I'm sure you can in Fate of Atlantis too.
Yes, and you could die even in Monkey Island 1 at one scene, but if you compare these games with Sierra Games (for example Space Quest series), that isn't too much
Ways to die in Space Quest

( and you can die in Beneath a Steel Sky too ).
Old 25-02-2012, 09:51 PM   #167
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

dd9e1c5c0e5a2f6fca604febe53ec3e2_full.jpg
Old 10-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #168
negative_chill

Send a message via MSN to negative_chill Send a message via Skype™ to negative_chill

Two of my favorites growing up were Toonstruck and Elroy Hits The Pavement

Either of which are all that well known, which is a shame considering how brilliant they both are in their own way
negative_chill is offline                         Send a private message to negative_chill
Old 10-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #169
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igorovics View Post
Yes, and you could die even in Monkey Island 1 at one scene, but if you compare these games with Sierra Games (for example Space Quest series), that isn't too much
I think, you still cannot really die in MI. But you can try to force game to make you die... and it will only force you to repeat scene just another time. (Also, I think, Steam have achievement for this in remake
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 03-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #170
Psicomaniaco

My favorite adventure game? Thats a though one! I'm a huge fan of adventure games, ever since I was a kid. Granted, I've ignored some of the classic ones (specially after getting stuck in some dead-ends in Sierra games...), but I've played most of them, and I don't think its easy to name my ONE favorite.

Instead, I'll name my top five, but in NO specific order:

-Gabriel Knight 2 - the first one is also amazing, but I liked 2 a little bit more.

-I Have no Mouth and I must Scream - A kinda dark one, but with an amazing storyline and fun puzles. I like the fact that each character has a different plot, but with some major conections between them.

-Blackwell Unbound -Not really a classic, but its amazing! While it feels fanmade (well, it DOES use AGS), the storyline is just great, and the jazz song in the end makes me cry.

-Leisure Suit Larry 7 - The entire series is amazing, actually. But the seventh one is the one that made me laugh the most, and thats what counts the most when I play the Larry games. The numerous times Larry comes back to his room naked is one of the reasons I love this game (gee, this will sound a bit strange for people who never played this! );

-The Dig - The Lucas Arts game that most people seem to hate is actually my favorite. The story is just so well written that makes me feel like I'm reading a best seller. And the puzzles are not bad. Well, I hate the one with the collored marbles, but thats the only one.
Psicomaniaco is offline                         Send a private message to Psicomaniaco