Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-09-2005, 09:43 AM   #41
Ronin99

DOH! Im not being clear. Was just trying to say that I followed the guide exactly (even downloading flashback when I didnt want it but that wa the game they used for the guide to show you how to use dosbox) and what is supposed to happen is not happening according to the guide.
Ronin99 is offline                         Send a private message to Ronin99
Old 08-09-2005, 09:56 AM   #42
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

It all sounds as if DOSBox isn't set up correctly. Have you had a look at some of the threads yet? There's this one for example:
http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6134
Also, have you checked whether there might be a folder within the game folder? The game folder has to be located in the CDrive folder of DOSBox, otherwise it won't work. (So it has to be CARKSEED rather than CARKSEED/DARKSEED, if you see what I mean). Sometimes an additional folder is created when you unzip a game.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 30-03-2006, 02:44 PM   #43
Lyncher

I cannot get past the intro where the guy has the nightmare. I have tried dosbox vdms, and opening all the executible files, all to no avail...any tips?

Old 26-04-2006, 09:32 PM   #44
LotharGR
Super Freak

This Game was the most ... painful gaming experience for me! LOL Yes. Painful

At the time this game released, i had a Amiga 500. I remember that back in those days games with high res graphics were really rare ( 640x480 were high res graphics for 1992 ) and this game got immediate popularity even before it got released because cyberdreams announced that the game would run only in 640X480 since H.R Giger would not accept anything else for his creations.

But there was a problem. The 640x480 res. was a "overscan" resolution for the standard Amiga monitor ( 1084S ). That meant that the monitor could show the game, but with a terrible flicker. It was very painful to the eyes ... :crazy: The only solution was to buy a better monitor but that was a ... expensive solution

Painful game LOL
LotharGR is offline                         Send a private message to LotharGR
Old 04-05-2006, 12:19 AM   #45
Charley W

I actually have the cd, picked it up awhile back in a discount store. I'm having the same problem several others are, the game abruptly crashes and kicks me out at the end of the first nightmare. I get the pic of the guy getting his skull drilled, and then a text screen saying he wakes up, and then it's gone and I'm back to Windows. No error mesage, nothing. I tried it a couple of months ago, when I first got the game, and had a similar problem (I think I got to the next picture when he actually wakes up before I got booted.) I'm using Windows XP on a Toshiba laptop, and use DosBox 0.65 (or is that 6.5?, the file says '0.65'). There's PLENTY of memory & hd space, and as I said I'm using an original cd.
Charley W is offline                         Send a private message to Charley W
Old 22-05-2006, 06:35 PM   #46
angryelk
Hello,

After reading the darkseed forum I have found that there are a number of people that are having issues with running the game correctly. I have ran this on a variety of systems and configurations, and would be glad to help anyone out if I am available. Please email me at **email removed. Better create an account if you want people to get in touch with you (Reup)** i also have the yahoo messanger.

Mel

Old 23-05-2006, 12:38 AM   #47
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

Angryelk. I don't recommend you leave your email in a public forum.

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 20-07-2006, 07:22 PM   #48
limegreen

Is anyone else having the problem where someone calls you early on in the game and the game just freezes afterwards and goes black? (this happens regularly at this point and at no other time.)

Old 21-07-2006, 03:39 PM   #49
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Glitchy game, nuff said. It crashed every 15 minutes on a proper DOS machine I had.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 02-09-2006, 04:29 PM   #50
Anima_Russa

Can anyone help me?

Can anyone explain to me how do I use the dosbox to run my game?
I'm really confused with all that dos-command thing!

Thanx!