Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-07-2007, 04:28 AM   #21
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

A Beginner's Guide to DOSBox

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 07-07-2007, 04:38 AM   #22

>>>>>My keyboard suddenly writes Russian and has forgotten how to type numbers... I am stuck there<<<<<

Huh??? :scratches_head:

Old 07-07-2007, 10:04 AM   #23
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

sneaky keyboard you have.

try typing with numeric keys? (you need to have num lock turned on)
Old 08-11-2007, 11:36 AM   #24
Linda

I have the files for the Windows 3.x version of this game. I can send them to you if you'd like. I don't think I'd be breaking any copyrights since the game is abandonware(?) I can also send you a copy of the manual if you want. The game still works on XP but I can't seem to get the music to play. I get an error that the synthesizer is not found at the "default io port". It seems the game won't accept changes to these defaults either. The music is embedded in the game files and is not available in separate .mid or .wav files, unfortunately. (The DOS version is the only one that I can play with music).

Linda

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 7 2007, 10:21 AM) [snapback]286407[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
This is my all-time favorite version of Tetris! Hehe, I actually own this game, still have my original 5-1/2" installation floppy (although the manual is long-since gone).

Anyhow, a question:

For (literally) YEARS I've been searching for the Windows 3.x version of this game to NO avail. Would anyone have any suggestions to a download for the Windows version?

I have always enjoyed the music and graphics in TC, and always had a hunch (or at least hoped) that the Windows version used standard graphic formats for the pics and regular MIDI files for the music -

Anyhow, thanks in advance,

Rich Nage
[/b]

Old 14-11-2007, 02:07 AM   #25

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Linda @ Nov 8 2007, 01:36 PM) [snapback]318648[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I have the files for the Windows 3.x version of this game. I can send them to you if you'd like. I don't think I'd be breaking any copyrights since the game is abandonware(?) I can also send you a copy of the manual if you want. The game still works on XP but I can't seem to get the music to play. I get an error that the synthesizer is not found at the "default io port". It seems the game won't accept changes to these defaults either. The music is embedded in the game files and is not available in separate .mid or .wav files, unfortunately. (The DOS version is the only one that I can play with music).

Linda
[/b]
Many thanks, but I already received the files from Marjie -

Thanks again though,

Rich Nagel

Old 18-01-2008, 04:45 PM   #26
MihallicA
Lurker

The Backgrounds are Illustration for famous Pushkine's (famous russian poet) fairy-tales
MihallicA is offline                         Send a private message to MihallicA
Old 30-11-2008, 02:33 AM   #27
LaFey
Abandonia nerd

What about supplying the Windows version files to the moderation so its available to everyone along with the DOS version?

Cheers!
LaFey is offline                         Send a private message to LaFey
Old 30-11-2008, 11:39 AM   #28
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

@Marije and Linda
In the unlikely case that you read this: If you still would supply your files, just report here, or better write a PM to me or any other updater.
Old 16-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #29
gabiru

Made tetris fun to play!
gabiru is offline                         Send a private message to gabiru
Old 07-12-2009, 02:02 AM   #30
LaFey
Abandonia nerd

I wonder if there's someone out there proficient enough to "rip" the music - I'm sure the files are playable somehow - though I haven't been able to to it successfully.

Also, if you are interested in the Russian tales behind the game imagery you should check "Tetris Gold", which includes the game manual, as well as every other Spectrum Holobyte Tetris release & manual.