Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-07-2004, 09:40 PM   #11
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Mech2 work just fine for me on either Win98 or WinME so it must be something in your machine.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 06-07-2004, 06:38 AM   #12
FreeFreddy

Yes, but my Mechwarrior 2 is a Windows version, it doesn't run under Dos at all. The Dos version would run without problems...
Perhaps it's just the new Directx 9 that the game isn't able to recognize

Old 06-07-2004, 07:18 AM   #13
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Mine is as well.
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 02-09-2004, 01:59 PM   #14
droid

Hello to all of you !
I've been tired of all those bright and shiny games that need a PC with more than 500Watts power supply to run, not to mention the noise. Don't need to say tha I don't have the time for it anymore.
So, the last few months I found out "abandonia" (and abandonware ring in general) and have been VERY happy ever since. And after the last aesthetic face-lift this site is one of the most delicate of its kind.

Now Mechwarrior... you have reminded me of the time when even 386/40 was a very fast machine for this game....
To all of you MW lovers, I think I have Mechwarrior (yes, yes, Gideon Braver and so on...) in my old archives but I will not be able to search before October (now I realise the use of an external disk), since I am far away from home.

So if anybody finds Mechwarrior before me please upload it.
Thank you all !!!
droid is offline                         Send a private message to droid
Old 02-09-2004, 02:57 PM   #15
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I have the game but I do not have time to do a review for it if you want the game badly now then you can find it here http:\\www.battletechmodproductions.com
Old 04-09-2004, 06:35 AM   #16
droid

Thanks a lot !!!!

I am not actually dying to play the game, because I am taking some final exams at the moment. However since you 've uploaded the link, I 'll give it a try.

Thanks again !!!
droid is offline                         Send a private message to droid
Old 16-12-2004, 03:46 AM   #17
Xpatriot

The games not bad, the only problem is when playing online you might as well just not use ANY of the close range weapons at all considering that all of the servers have restricted them so people can play sniper.. also forget ever being on board other than Alpine.. or maybe some other wide open space board. not that theres anything wrong with sniping mind you but some of us would like to not only use the other weapons in the game but possibly would kick a snipers behind running around in a 90 tp 120 mph light mech fitted with machine guns and a few flamers.. Also they dont like it if you shoot them in the leggs.. they get all bitchy and whiny about it. hell if im a 30 ton fighting a 100 ton.. im gonna shoot the fucker in the leggs. So if they do indeed make a 5th mech warrior.. which i hope is better than mech assault, then maybe they could have online options other than some power mad 15 year old ejaculating kid running all the damn servers. one more thing.. notice when you repop on multiplayer is spawns you to your apponents face right in target range of.. well anything, so a big sniper mech can fit what 3 to 4 big ppc or gauss weapon.. wait for you to repop and blam dead blam dead.. that was great microsoft.. i appreciate that a whole lot. :ranting: :ranting:

Old 19-12-2004, 07:40 PM   #18
Mercenaire

I love this game! I played when I was 14 and I was able to finish it, now I`m 28 and finally I found it again k:

Here are my hints: You can get laser weapons for the foot soldiers by helping out the weapon`s clerk when he is being robbed(town south west) the jail pen and killing all the guards hich is pretty tough unless you have inferno`s.

I was also able to get Jenner mech during combat.

Oh yeah when you are attacked at the Citadel on the 7th or 8th mission, yeah thats right 8th!! I chose the Chameleon and fleed off with it. The best way to flee is to go up about18 spaces up and west through the citadel. If you are fast enough you won`t get hit a single time.

I wish they would of made a sequel of the same type...

Old 20-12-2004, 06:04 AM   #19
OmniRush

hmm .. really missed this game ...

have u tried Battletech : the Crescent Hawk's Revenge ??
OmniRush is offline                         Send a private message to OmniRush
Old 09-03-2005, 05:36 AM   #20
BubbaHoTep

Thanks for the tip Mercenaire! I used to play this game over and over when I was 14, havent seen it again until now. Many thanks whoever uploaded this piece of nostalgia. By the way-- I had to go 27 steps north *running* to get away. Thanks again!
BubbaHoTep is offline                         Send a private message to BubbaHoTep