Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #1
Japo
Autonomous human

Default Chuck Yeagers Air Combat

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)
Japo is offline                         Send a private message to Japo
Old 22-06-2013, 11:45 PM   #2
rebel_yell

I still have this flight sim and have it installed under Dosbox for my son to play. The reviewer failed to note that several of the historic missions from WW2 were Chuck Yeager's own missions. You can also play all of the missions in 'campaign' mode which lets you advance only when you've completed each mission successfully and landed alive. The history you can learn about the three wars (WW2, Korea, and Vietnam) is excellent, and the interview with Chuck Yeager in the rear of the manual is gold. The manual is very good and teaches you all the basics of flight plus the basics of dog fighting. It's a great flight sim, though the graphics are not all fantastic like new games.
rebel_yell is offline                         Send a private message to rebel_yell
Old 17-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #3
Reidalander

Thumbs up A great game then and now

When I was 12 yrs old, my step-dad worked for a pc hardware assembler and distributor company called, PC Connection. They would occasionally receive Hardware and software promos and some of these came with games and and other random stuff. So one night he managed to bring home a cd that contained this and several others in there full version form, none the less. He handed it to me and said I should check it out, so I did. I scrolled down the list testing out all of the games including, "Shadowcaster" and "Populous 2". Once I ran out of games to try out I found "Chuck Yeager's air combat" at the bottom of the list. I clicked on it's icon and began to play a game that I was not going to stop playing for numorous hours, each day. 14 years later, I managed to find a copy of this game and played it again and to my surprise it's still a very fun and challanging air-combat sim, with a multitude of options to customize your own level, if you so choose. The graphics are obviously really outdated, but for it's time they were great. But That still doesn't really diminish the games fun-valua. You just have to play it and let yourself get into it to really enjoy it for yourself, which shouldn't take much.
Reidalander is offline                         Send a private message to Reidalander