20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
Wow, the Chaos Lord!
Sounds very sinister.
But nothing can stop the brave.
Tremble, Lord!
Yoga the brave is approaching with his powerful army!

Hmm.. there is no much to do here.
I opened one door with RA key, but there is new closed door and I have no key. So I will direct my army to level 8 but before I will do usually preparation knowing that every new level is more and more hard..

I am careful leader. Because there are surprises around every corner. Usually they are bad.
It is a good news that there is a Rebirth alcove before stairs to level 7.
A friend of mine informed me that in level 9 is located Rats room similar to Screamers room (level 4).
But I do not know the situation with water. In this case I presume that no water at all and react accordingly.

So I will restore my stocks before entering lvl 8.
My principle here is to enter 200% equipped in unknown levels.
Because the game strikes back my every even little mistake.
Even in level 30 Doom2 I was more confident...
Y'now Doom 2 of course.
Maybe in this level 6 I have feeling I have a little control on the situation. For first time.

the brave
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 17-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #82
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Level 8 - First steps

Last minute report from battlefield:

Level 8

The brave army is engaged in fierce fighting against Ghost hordes.

the brave
Old 18-06-2011, 11:14 AM   #83
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Level 8

Rats!
We are in trouble.

-Why, brave yoga?

Because:
1. I am totally disoriented.
The compass is going crazy.
Now Left is Right and North is South??
2. Chaotic teleports.
3. Someone or somewhat steals our Armour.
4. Hordes of Gnosts
5. Fireballs from nothing hit us mercilessly.

Actually nothing of above will stop the brave if my Compass is correct.

Now like an idiot I go up-down with no direction in my mind till merciless fireballs stopped my agony.

Any ideas and help plz.

crying yoga
Old 18-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #84
dosraider
Dismembered.

For a moment I thought I was on twitter ...... but nope, it's Yoga's private AB channel apparently.

Kinda funny to read, carry on and don't die !

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 18-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #85
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Desperado

" Yoga's private AB channel apparently. "

Kinda funny to read, carry on and don't die !

You kidding me, dear Dosraider.

I am a very humble member of AB. You know me.

"Don't die!". Easy to tell, hard to do. Y'now this game?

Without of kind help of well respected Ohne Mitleid, poor yoga will be out in level 3..

But now, now is big problem howto..?

Well, I have some variants:

1. Step by step with lots of patience (I do have it) to clear all area from Ghosts, Skeletons, Mummies and then the only enemies will be f....d fireballs. Anyway they are not so big threads for me. This way I will find the good weapons and treasures.
I have time and provisions. I know and traced nice the road to level 4 - my stock.

2. Aggressively fast to find above stuff and the entrance to level 9. Here a question starts: Will I meet again fireballs in big central empty area?

3. Or to find the level 9 entrance only and later back here more powerful and bring revenge.

My hearth tell me to follow 1 way. ? Dunno..

Your suggestions?
Better way or decision?

Where are YOU dear Scatty, Kmonster, Capo and other DM gurus?

Or DM is played only from Ohne Mitleid and yoga the brave?

Questions, questions ..but no answers..

Where have the old good times gone?

yoga - Socrates

PS: Very strange:
I remember that level 8 was very hard for me in many games.
Prince of Persia 1,
Warcraft 1.
Maybe this number is enchanted.
Old 18-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #86
Capo
Unconventional member

This is another game i have never played yoga, i should play more games, damn real life
Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 18-06-2011, 05:42 PM   #87
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Fireballs: Now that you know that the dungeon is also your enemy, use extra caution. If you can, when you enter an area, look around for holes in the walls. Then determine which squares the fireballs would affect and try to avoid them if possible. For future reference, only one set of fireballs per wall can be active at any given time. You'll know why this is important...later...

Compass going crazy: There are areas you step on that spin the entire party in a different direction. Just face a direction you want to go and stick with it. Example: You are heading north, according to the compass. One step forward, now you are facing west. Turn back north and proceed. Very slow process, but if you consider this and the fireballs, maybe it's time to do some detailed mapping?

The thief (that annoying, giggling cartoon character): Remember when I said slime monster was the second most poorly drawn game enemy? Well, this dude it the first. It looks like a running raisin or small hunk of poo, if I remember correctly. The trick is to empty your hands and kill it with spells. I don't remember if it has a limit to the number of items it can carry/steal. In some areas, you will be able to trap it in a dead end. At that point, I would just beat it to death with punches and kicks instead of wasting spell mana. Don't get me wrong, it's clever in its intention. Steal your stuff, you give chase to get your stuff and end up getting lost in the process.

I think that covers it all. Nice to see you have opened your own channel.

Last edited by Ohne Mitleid; 18-06-2011 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Spelling... BAH!
Ohne Mitleid is offline                         Send a private message to Ohne Mitleid
Old 18-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #88
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking So sadly, Dear Capo!! But..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo View Post
This is another game i have never played yoga, i should play more games, damn real life
Never mind, Caro Capo.

I was in despair, so I asked for help my old friends.

Wow, this is a very, very tough game. World of Xeen, Saga for Revenloft, two games FO1 and FO2, Trilogy Eye of the Beholder, Daggerfall, UW 2 are piece of cakes against DM.
Mama mia..
Not recommend YOU.

Ciao
Old 18-06-2011, 08:09 PM   #89
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Good night everybody!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohne Mitleid View Post
Fireballs: Now that you know that the dungeon is also your enemy, use extra caution. If you can, when you enter an area, look around for holes in the walls. Then determine which squares the fireballs would affect and try to avoid them if possible. For future reference, only one set of fireballs per wall can be active at any given time. You'll know why this is important...later...

Compass going crazy: There are areas you step on that spin the entire party in a different direction. Just face a direction you want to go and stick with it. Example: You are heading north, according to the compass. One step forward, now you are facing west. Turn back north and proceed. Very slow process, but if you consider this and the fireballs, maybe it's time to do some detailed mapping?

The thief (that annoying, giggling cartoon character): Remember when I said slime monster was the second most poorly drawn game enemy? Well, this dude it the first. It looks like a running raisin or small hunk of poo, if I remember correctly. The trick is to empty your hands and kill it with spells. I don't remember if it has a limit to the number of items it can carry/steal. In some areas, you will be able to trap it in a dead end. At that point, I would just beat it to death with punches and kicks instead of wasting spell mana. Don't get me wrong, it's clever in its intention. Steal your stuff, you give chase to get your stuff and end up getting lost in the process.

I think that covers it all. Nice to see you have opened your own channel.
Dear Ohne Mitleid,

I am very humble man. Really.
I follow the Bible rule: If one your cheek is beaten, offer another also.
Simply I wanna play game here in AB, not alone in my garden as Shao-Lin monk. Well respected boss of AB Paco the Great allows me to play another games in one thread: Fallout 1 and FO2. I am preparing for FO3.

Well, to be fair I have fails also:
First is Ultima 8 Pagan. I am very tenacious player and started the game 7 times. And every time -failed?? Very strange: I reached Pit of Dead and tuto la finito.
Second my fail was saga of Twinsen Odyssey. Not my fail. So stupid save system I never seen in my gamer life. I give up after 2 days.

OK. All your kind and prompt directions are very carefully written then printed for future reference.
Especially is nice advise for nasty thief. So these ones were reason to disappear my armor and weapons from hands..I killed 2 of them but I think they have regeneration somewhere.

The situation:
After I was crying all the day, fallen in the floor I stand up and said:
"Cheer up, the brave. Stand up and fight."
The last 4 word are from Book of the books when God Krishna helped the young King before forth coming battle.

Maybe my God helped me but I did little progress:
-I found the both keys required - Solid and Skeleton ones.
- I found the good weapons Mace of Order, Staff of Manar and Ful bombs.
- I lured around thief, Mummies, Ghosts and opened door with above key. Then with my fireballs crashed 10-12 Skeletons and reached Central Stairway which directly connects level 7 to level 13.

Anyway I am unable to find down-stair to level 9 ?

Well, even the brave is tired. Moreover in small, sunny and lovely Bulgaria ( goto European map, find Black Sea and voila -west of Sea is Bulgaria ) is time to go bed.

the leader of army of braves
Old 19-06-2011, 12:23 AM   #90
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

This is where the game gets kind of crazy and confusing. I know that, to this day, it still bothers me in a small way that there was a lock I was never able to find the key for.

Teleporters: Did you know that some of them are invisible? The same goes for those plates on the floor. And I think you are at the point where almost everything regenerates.

One of the ways I was handling teleporters was to either set something I didn't really care if I lost, a stone perhaps, in the teleporter to see where it ended up. I figured this out after I cast a fireball into a blue teleporter only to have it come up from behind me and almost kill my entire party. Great idea!

Three games I have shrieked out loud while playing. Dungeon Master, Bioshock and Dead Space. And I don't scare easily. Ask my mirror.
Ohne Mitleid is offline                         Send a private message to Ohne Mitleid