Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-08-2005, 12:31 PM   #21
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

Why can Raffles speak the language that may or may not be her native tongue on this forum? Because she joined an english "speaking" forum. That's why. This place would be a BIG mess if the topics were in every language possible. How many portugese are there? Three or four, I guess. Isn't it unfair to the rest, then? They would have no idea what was going on, there would be no way moderating this place. Then the Swedes, Polish folks, Spaniards and Japans want their own threds in their own languages. Or is it fair that it's just Portugese and English?

Think it through, mate.
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin
Old 06-08-2005, 01:34 PM   #22
lethe
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Puffin@Aug 6 2005, 12:31 PM
Think it through, mate.
Portuguese folks don't think. That's why Portugal is buried in the mud. Just a few bunch conservative headed bankers that never knew how to control their own finances, yet they try to control everyone else's, and 4 of 10 million people voting on them.

(I'd say the other 6 million that don't vote are smart enough... Then again their only option would be a civil war).

*I'm not portuguese, I'm not portuguese, I'm not port... Oh well* :crazy:
lethe is offline                         Send a private message to lethe
Old 06-08-2005, 03:40 PM   #23
Xikarita
Abandonia nerd

I don't even know WHY I'm posting here...oh, well.

@lethe: I don't think the situation is that extreme, but if you're not happy, DO something about it! Instead of acting like your mr. know-it-all smarty pants and criticize what you probably don't understand.

*Express yourself in public, in person, and be and active citizen!*

(Boy, am I gonna get some flames on this one )
Old 06-08-2005, 04:17 PM   #24
punch999
The true Shadow President

you cant speack in portugese because this is a english forum (it isnt english but you have to speak in english)
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 06-08-2005, 04:33 PM   #25
lethe
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Xikarita@Aug 6 2005, 03:40 PM
I don't even know WHY I'm posting here...oh, well.

@lethe: I don't think the situation is that extreme, but if you're not happy, DO something about it! Instead of acting like your mr. know-it-all smarty pants and criticize what you probably don't understand.

*Express yourself in public, in person, and be and active citizen!*

(Boy, am I gonna get some flames on this one )
What exactly are you suggestting? I'm open to new ideas.
lethe is offline                         Send a private message to lethe
Old 06-08-2005, 04:35 PM   #26
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

The real reason is that it would be a real mess if there would be threads of several languages everywhere on this board. It would really give everyone a hard time.

The second reason is that if you don't know language X, you have no idea of what the other is talking about. Some says that a good translator would do the job, but did you ever try to translate French to English with a free internet translator? I rest my case.

Third reason why we only speak english around here is that English is the first official world language. This is a standard, so the board borrowed that standard and use it.

I think it's 3 good reasons why this board is english only...
Old 06-08-2005, 06:53 PM   #27
Shrek
Abandonia Ogre

Well, i am a portuguese and i like my country; i can even say i' m proud of it. it is some people' s attitude i don' t like... but even if i try really hard, i can' t change that. i can not change any one to fit my ideals, i can only expose what i think to be right.

now going in to the topic of having a "portuguese forum", i must say i don' t like the idea, somewhere else maybe, but not here. i never wrote anything in portuguese here (well, i wrote the word for "recycle bin" once but that was just because A.J. asked for it :whistle: ). if i may state my opinion, i think this topic should be closed by some

just another thing, i just found out that "little fish" is my brother-inlaw. damnit, i have to talk to the guy.....
Shrek is offline                         Send a private message to Shrek
Old 06-08-2005, 08:01 PM   #28
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yes, "Caixa de Reciclagem" - wonderful word. I'd rename my own recycling bin to "Caixa de Reciclagem" if I could figure out how to do it.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 06-08-2005, 08:13 PM   #29
Shrek
Abandonia Ogre

Quote:
Originally posted by A. J. Raffles@Aug 6 2005, 09:01 PM
Yes, "Caixa de Reciclagem" - wonderful word. I'd rename my own recycling bin to "Caixa de Reciclagem" if I could figure out how to do it.
quite easy if you use windows xp.... right click over the "recycle bin", then select "properties" and under the tag "recycle bin", you will see a little "box" titled "appearence" where you can change the title. if you use something else, sorry, i can' t help you :blink:
Shrek is offline                         Send a private message to Shrek
Old 06-08-2005, 08:16 PM   #30
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I use XP, but I can't seem to find that box. Well, never mind. Thanks anyway.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles