Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-11-2005, 02:17 AM   #21
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Quote:
However, if you want historical insite and understanding on an operational (division and regimental level) as well as a very good time with a friend in head to head play or even solitare ...this is the 'bear and pretzles' game system for you
I prefer Panzer Campaings like HPS Smolensk ´41.
Old 22-03-2006, 05:02 AM   #22
JaggenDance

i still play it when i can and ive never found a stratigy game that compared to it ... i dont have any of the materials for it thoe ... does any one know where i can get acrobat files of the old instructions?

Old 01-04-2006, 04:52 PM   #23
Ryan Gardner

Does anyone have the expansions for this? I absolutely LOVE This game. I had it on a Mac, but now I'm able to play it on DOSBox... which is okay, I guess...

There are a handful of expansions. Utah Beach, Gold Juno Sword, and some others...

Of course, if anyone has the Mac versions that would be cool too... I'm going to try to get my old school mac emulator working too...

The game is super addictive if you give it some time. It's incredibly math based and uses a lot of "realism" to make your war planning work to the max.

You can win the war as the Germans, if you work hard.

Old 01-04-2006, 05:34 PM   #24
Woops, nevermind

I opened the game, and felt like an idiot when I saw that all of the expansion packs are already loaded.

Wow, this is obviously a PC port of the Mac Game- they even use the Font Chicago in the game... which is nice, because it makes me not care about getting a mac version working any more...

If you want a cheap trick, always save your games before you execute. Ater the execution phase, if you didn't like the battle outcome - reload the game and execute again. It's like rolling the dice in a game of Monopoly until you get the results you want... Sometimes after three or four times executing, you will get some nice results.

Of course, it is a little cheap - but so is the Russian Army in Valikye Luki... you've got to move your whole front line up and hammer them from the beginning or you get screwed... (Once, back in the day, I pushed their front line back so far that the game had them piling up pieces on just one row of hexes... and my artillery was well trained on those areas... so it wasn't totally realistic, but I was happy that my 12 year old mind could defeat the Russian army)

Old 02-04-2006, 08:54 PM   #25
DSmidgy
Abandonia nerd

There are three more games of this type (from same developer) - World at War series:
D-Day: Amerrica Invades
Operation Crusader
Stalingrad (massive map with really lots of units)

Those games are not yet available for download on abandonia.
DSmidgy is offline                         Send a private message to DSmidgy
Old 03-04-2006, 01:45 AM   #26
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Are u sure that D-Day is different to the scenarios in this page. We got Valikye Luki(Russian front 1942, so battle of Stalingrad isnt there); Operation Market Garden (1944 East Front, attemp of british and free polish army to end the war by an attack in the north with many paradrops); Utah Beach (Battle for Chebourg, Normandy west side); Gold, Sword and Juno (Battle for Caen, Normandy east). The last two scenarios can be D-Day?
Could you send me a pm or mail about these scenarios? I need information about the denveloper, etc, etc, all that u can know about them. See ya
Old 03-04-2006, 04:54 PM   #27
funkman2000

Does anyone know where to get a manual for this as I don't see how you could play without at least a brief overview. :blink:

Thanks k:

Old 22-04-2006, 11:28 AM   #28
jaggendance

just serch on the web a wile eventualy youl find it ... i cant remember where i got mine but it only took about 15 to 20 min to find one for acrobat

Old 24-04-2006, 10:29 AM   #29
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Tried www.replacementdocs.com?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 27-04-2006, 02:02 AM   #30
JaggenDance
Lurker

my web explorer crashes everytime i try downloading it from that sight ... ive got a manual what i realy need is a reffrence card that is unless someone here can tell me any hot keys for supply alocationj ... im trying to change the supply destination for bregade and division level HQ's to a diffrent core HQ ... the method in the manual dosent work and right now ive got supplys going every witch way! does any one know the hot key for cangeing supply orientation?

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:
JaggenDance is offline                         Send a private message to JaggenDance