Lurker

help me!!!
i can't fix jammed wepons!!!

how can you fix them???
tipx is offline                         Send a private message to tipx
Old 05-09-2005, 04:16 PM   #92
DSmidgy
Abandonia nerd

You have to have a repairman (Speck has a good mechanical skill) and before you go to a mission you give a toolbox in his right hand (which is on the left side of the screen and in menu you choose repair or sth. like that. The stuff (or better some stuff) that is in his left hand and in rucksack will be repaired and ready for the next mission.

DSmidgy is offline                         Send a private message to DSmidgy
Old 06-09-2005, 12:39 AM   #93
just a guest :)

fantastic! thanks for the download. lots of great memories of this game

for those of you who like this game you must get part two because it improves upon EVERYTHING from this game. only thing missing from part two is

- making molotovs
- chainsaws (deadly games addition)
-and some of the old mercs of course. 70 total in deadly games. ja2 has about 65 total including arulco hirees and merc hirees.

some of my favorite aspects of ja2 that can't be found in ja1

-night ops! adds a whole new dimension to the series
-martial arts! boxing! knifing expert (all Separate skills).... wait till you see the hurricane kick
- rooftop sniping!
-cooler charactedrs - grizzly, Dr Q, Reaper,Shadow, et cetera
- um.. overall its a lot smoother to play. better interface imo

personally, i haven't found any working ISOs for jagged alliance 2 yet, not that i need it cuz i own the game (original sirtech version , baby) so you should probably go order or check out a store if you're interested

anyway, my main purpose of posting is to ask.. if anyone has the full ISO version of this game? not deadly games, but ISO of normal Jagged Alliance 1. since the game is soooo old and impossible to find in stores i think it should be okay for sites to put it up. and this game is BEST experienced with all the fantastic voices. thanks for reading

Old 01-10-2005, 03:00 PM   #94
Rorschach
Forum hobbit

Anyone having problems with mouse during combat? I'm running the game in Win98 and often during combat the cursor starts to jerk and move my itself in spasms, jumping and clicking along the edges of the screen for a while, till the fit passes. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the game or some compatibility issue, as I got a similar problem with another game too (Army Men original cd), but not with dozens other games.
Rorschach is offline                         Send a private message to Rorschach
Old 02-10-2005, 08:41 AM   #95
j-e-l-l-oooooooo

Um.. I love Jagged 2 but I'm having some trouble getting into this game. I mean I admit that it was a fantabulous game for its time but it's so sloooooow and kind of tedious compared to Jagged 2. And I really miss doing kung fu or throwing knifes or the sweet weapons like the autoshotgun and rocket launcher.... SO far I am in day three and still have pistols! I'm using Ivan who I don't like because he speaks no English and is boring and Castro who doesn't obey me and Spark who has good mechanical and Ice and Elia.

My question is will this game pick up in fun? Right now it is not that fun.. I want some rifles and stuff because fighting each enemy is tedious. Maybe because I played jagged 2 so much.... I wanted to play JAgged 1 to see the story and mercs before part two.

1) When do I get good guns? What's the best weapon?
2) Who are some fun characters? Ivan is boring...
3) Typically how long does it take to beat this game? How many days in the game?
4) Does the game get harder or easier?

Old 02-10-2005, 08:45 AM   #96
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by just a guest @Sep 6 2005, 10:39 AM
stuff
Sorry if this offends, but your name made me burst into laughter. I don't know why.

This game's ok. The adventure genre's better.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:42 PM   #97
Vapors

I can't get sound with this game, it says to just run it through windows and it works fine. But i don't know how to do that :help: I click on the exe and it runs the game through dos...I'm a little computer illiterate so bear with me.

Old 08-10-2005, 02:55 PM   #98
Rorschach
Forum hobbit

Will someone spell oyut for me the money stuff? It's been said once or twice that you only get to keep it if it's under 5k at a time, but I always find it in bundles of 22,050, and there doesn't seem to be a way to split it (right-click, shift, ctrl, etc.). I tried leaving it with different "trustworthy" mercs (even tried bud, who's described as an "eager to please bootlicker") and with the native guide, and still nothing.

Whateevr money I find I'm leaving on the spot, so as not to waste it and since, in practice, it's just a waste of vest space. :/
Rorschach is offline                         Send a private message to Rorschach
Old 09-11-2005, 11:37 PM   #99
jb

I can't seem to get this game to work for me

I've downloaded it - unzipped it and clicked on JA.exe, a small DOSbox pops up and then a second later an error message appears saying that This File is not suitable for running in DOS or Windows

Please help!

Old 11-11-2005, 11:20 AM   #100
Guest_Mark

of the best games ever!